Sinister Tales

By AnnaxLove

"Sometimes it's best to stay out where you're not welcome." Demented will chill you to the bone, for these ar... More

A Son's Rage
Late Night Pick-Up
Layla's Gift
Friends Forever
To Stop A Monster
Help Me
Accused
Run And Hide
Watching
Early Bird Gets The Worm
The Chase
Intruder
The Babysitter
Lockdown
Haunted
Imagination
Halloween
Full Moon
Followed
Cool Kids
Monster
Kidnapped
Trouble
Marie
Nerves
Ugly
Paranoia
Knock
Investigation
Stalked
Stuck
Missing
Island
Home
Spill Your Secrets
Asylum
Outbreak
A Girl Named Alaina
Love Of A Fan
Small Town Terror
A Christmas Story
Unease
Trespass
Sinners
We're getting published!
Pills
Love
Buy the book!
Stowan High
Pain
Sweet Addiction
Buy the second book now!
Aftermath
Captivity
Joe
Cycle
The Hunt
Resurrection
Damaged
Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
Guilty
Nightmares
Inspiration
Tear House
Package
Bathroom Games
Earful
Valentine

Kingly Road Myth

135K 1.9K 1.5K
By AnnaxLove

Kingly Road Myth

2012 © All Rights Reserved

Sometimes it's best to stay out of where you're not welcome.

"What should we do tonight?" Lindsey asked her best friend, Monica as they sat on Monica's bed.

Monica took a moment to think over her question, mostly in deep thought of what the two friends should do. "We could do some cliché girl bullcrap and talk about boys and have pillow fights."

That earned a weird look from her friend. "You've got to be kidding me, right?"

"Or we could watch some scary movies and pig out on junk food." Monica smiled, Lindsey mirrored her smile, satisfied with her answer.

The two girls wasted no time bringing in the snacks and picking out some horror flicks to start their night. It was 10:46pm already and Monica's parents weren't home, so they didn't have to worry about keeping quiet.

"Where's your mom and dad?" Lindsey asked.

"Date night. Somewhere fancy, I'm sure." Monica responded.

"Oh okay. What movie should we watch?" Lindsey yelled from the living to the kitchen.

"I don't know!" Monica shouted, slamming and opening cabinets. "Just close your eyes and pick something." she called back out and then went back to picking out snacks and drinks for tonight.

Lindsey closed her eyes and reached her hand out so that her fingers caressed the movies. She slid her fingers across the DVD's several times before stopping. Her eyes opened and followed to where her fingers stopped. She smiled at her choice.

"What movie did you pick?" Monica asked with her hands full of food and drinks. Lindsey took some of the drinks off of her hands, Monica gave her a thankful smile.

"When a stranger calls." Lindsey smiled, knowing very well that Monica was in love with the movie.

Monica's eyes lingered on the movie for a bit before moving her kind eyes up to Lindsey's eyes. "Good choice."

The girls skipped off to the room, clearly excited for the night, it showed on their faces.

Lindsey popped the movie into the DVD player that sat on top of Monica's tv. Meanwhile, Monica set up a pallet on the floor and set up the junk food and drinks that awaited them.

The movie started, Monica and Lindsey cracked open some soda and dug into some chips with their eye glued to the screen. Both of them watched this movie probably close to a hundred times, so they knew everything that was going to happen exactly, even knew what each character was going to say. Still, they watched the movie as if they've never watched it before in their life.

On the scary parts, they stopped chewing and drinking, watching intensely at the screen. They remained still as statue, waiting for the parts to make them jump out of their skins.

It was on an intense part in the movie when a crunching sound filled Monica's room ruining the suspense. Lindsey grew annoyed and turned to her chewing friend.

"Monica, stop chewing! You sound like a cow." Lindsey snapped, looking in Monica's direction. Monica wasn't chewing anything though. The chewing and crunching still continued and it sounded as if the sound was coming from behind them.

The room seemed to fill with tension and fear as both of their hearts dropped, knowing there was someone else in their room. They felt as if they were in the same position as the girl in the movie where it was a life or death situation. Neither of them wanted to turn around, they wanted to close their eyes wishing it would go away, but of course, the crunching continued and their hearts started racing faster then ever.

Lindsey mustered up the courage to turn around, to face the perp that broke into her friend's home.

"Caiden?" she looked at the guy, who was her and Monica's other friend from school. "How the hell did you get in here?!" she wanted an explanation because neither of them heard and seen him come into the room.

"How did we not see you come in?" Monica jumped into the conversation, questioning him.

"The window." he chuckled, averting his eyes to the opened window.

Instinctively, Lindsey and Monica walked over to their friend, slapping him hard on the arm. He rubbed his arm where they hit, feeling a tiny hint of pain. "Ouch! What was that for?" his questioning eyes showed that he really didn't know why he got hit, he looked like a confused little puppy dog.

"Oh I don't know.." Monica talked before Lindsey could, saying her words with sarcasm clearly in her voice. "It definitely wasn't because you broke into my house and scared the hell out of us!" she gave him another hard smack to his arm.

"Stop doing that!" he whined, rubbing his arm once again. It began to become a bright red from the smacks.

"Stop being so stupid!" she hissed at him.

Caiden was about to open his mouth and say some smart comment. Before he could, Lindsey jumped in before the two were at each other's throats trying to kill one another. "Why are you here Caiden?" she asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" his face changed to a more happier facial expression, he looked like he had a big secret that he wanted to tell the whole world. "Do you know what tonight at midnight is?" his lip curved into a smile, it was a smile that said he was up to no good.

"No. Enlighten me of what tonight at midnight is." Monica said flatly. At this point, Lindsey seemed a little interested and Monica didn't seem to care at all. She kind of sat on her bed with the same bored expression she had while in math class.

"It's the perfect time." Caiden's smiled seemed to only grow larger while speaking.

"I'm not following." Lindsey was just as confused as Monica was. "What's the perfect time and what is it the perfect time for?" Lindsey tried to think of what it could be, but nothing came to mind.

He looked at them, shocked that they didn't get what he was rambling on about, so he decided to elaborate on the subject, "Tonight! Tonight is the perfect time to go to Kingly Road!" as he continued his speech, he still had that same excited expression and tone in his voice. "People say if you go to Kingly Road on a night that it's a full moon, you can see a man with an axe walking up and down the street. They say that you shouldn't try to communicate with him in any way or capture his attention because then you'll be his next victim."

"That's a load of crap! It's just a stupid myth." Lindsey seemed skeptical, she wasn't buying a single word he said.

"If it's just a myth, the why don't you guys come with and we'll see for ourselves." he smiled at her in a challenging kind of way.

"I know you're only doing that to trick me into coming with you." Lindsey wasn't one to back down from a challenge. "Your mind tricks annoy me to no end." she scoffed, still holding a strong stance.

"Are you scared?" his smile grew into a condescending one.

"No and I'll prove it." Lindsey grabbed a jacket and shoes, heading out of Monica's house with Monica and Caiden following behind her. Monica didn't seem like she wanted to go, but she also didn't want to stay home alone. Reluctantly, she grabbed her phone and decided to head out after them.

"Hey guys, wait for me!" She yelled as she walked out of her house, locking it behind her.

It was 11:58pm when they arrived to Kingly Road. All of them jumped out of the car except for Monica. "You don't have to do this, Lindsey. You know he only does this crap to aggravate you." Monica spoke in a pleading way to her friend as a way of telling her that she could back out now. Then she shot Caiden an evil look. "This is your fault."

"I can live with that." He didn't care, just shrugged her words off like they didn't mean anything to him.

"I want to do this." Lindsey said in a soft tone and walked off. Monica stayed in the car watching Lindsey and Caiden walk down the deserted road, until they finally disappeared into the night.

Monica started to play with her phone, trying to find something to occupy her while she waited for her friends to return. The clock on her phone change to 12:00am and she felt a shiver go down her spine, not because she was scared, but because she was cold.

Monica looked around the car for the source of where the wind was coming from. The driver seat's window was open. She reached over to roll up the window, using her phone as a light to find the switch when she dropped her celluar device. She went to go pick it up when something peculiar caught her eyes. A figure-possibly a male walked down the street with something in his hand, dragging it against the paved street. The noise of steel rubbing against asphalt made Monica want to cover her ears.

Monica knew deep down who that person was, she just didn't want to believe it. It was just a myth.. well at least she thought it was. She remembered what Caiden said, don't communicate with him and don't capture his attention because then you'll be his next victim.

Monica watched the man with frozen eyes, she remained as still as possible.

Suddenly the man stopped his tracks, Monica's heart sunk, like momentarily it stopped working. The man began to turn around and Monica ducked down before he could catch a glimpse of her. She wouldn't even dare to breathe until she was for sure that he was gone. Some part of her told her not to prop her head back up, but a part of her felt confident that she was going to be okay. Maybe it was her imagination that was tricking her, Monica kept trying to fill her thoughts with positive things.

Her debate lasted a few minutes with her body hidden in the car before she made her final decision. Hesitation went through her as she tried to lift her body up to look out. Monica lowered herself, unable to look up just yet.

Maybe nothing will be there. She thought to herself before she attempted to look up again.

She let out a breath and yanked her head up to look out the window to see if he was out there. Monica felt tears stream out of her eyes when she was faced with the man. His lips curled into a smile, a smile that could be only describe as twisted, evil only lived in that man. She could smell his rank breath as he breathed into her face.

Monica closed her eyes praying that this man would go away, but much to no surprise, he was still there, inches away observing Monica, looking at her as if she were a brand new toy. She couldn't move, it was like her body was paralyzed.

The man yanked Monica's hair through the open window and dragged her out of the car with Monica trying to fight back, but it did her no good. She let out a bloodcurdling scream before the axe came down on her, silencing her forever.

"Did you hear that?" Lindsey's worried eyes looked around the road. Dead grass and dead trees surrounded them due to the winter.

"Stop being so paranoid." Caiden said coldly, he was growing tired of Lindsey's talking ever since they left Monica in the car.

"It sounded like a scream." she stopped talking, worry showing on her face. Not worry for herself, but for her friend Monica that they left behind. "What if Monica's in trouble?"

"I'm sure she's fine." The carelessness still remained in his tone.

"What if she's not? That'll be on you." She stopped walking, standing in front of Caiden, not letting him walk any further.

"You will seriously do anything to get out of doing this, won't you? You're such a chicken." He began to make chicken noises at her, mocking her.

She grabbed him by the ear, pulling it down to her level where she could look him in the eyes. "I'm serious." Lindsey yanked harder. "If anything happens to Monica, I'll have your head. And if you make anymore chicken noises at me, I'll emasculate you."

"Fine, let's go back then." Caiden complied with her orders, looking mad. Lindsey on the other hand, looked relieved that they were going to go back to check on Monica. "When we get back and see that she's fine, I'm going to give you hell, chicken." He joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Walking down the abandoned road, they walked in silence. That was until they seen someone walking towards them.

"Monica?" Caiden yelled out to see if it was her. When the person didn't respond, they knew it wasn't her, but they also had a feeling something was wrong when the figure started pacing towards them. "Run!" Caiden yelled and he didn't have to say that twice, as those words slipped from his mouth, Lindsey ran for her life. To get to her friend, she had to run around the man while Caiden attacked the guy. She looked back to see Caiden trying to fight off the guy with the axe. She wanted so badly to help her friend, but he gave her the look and screamed "Get out of here Lindsey!"

She ran towards the direction of the car while the screams of her close friend, Caiden echoed through the night air. She forced herself to run faster, knowing very well that the psycho was now after her since he already killed Caiden.

She reached the car, abruptly coming to a stop when she saw her friend Monica hacked up into pieces. Lindsey shrieked at the sight, freaking out with tears forming at the edge of her waterline. She felt bad for leaving her here, but she had to get out of this place before the man got to her.

Lindsey jumped into the car trying to find the keys. She was about to break down into more hysterics when she realized that Caiden was the one who had the keys. Looking in the rearview mirror, she saw the man returning with the axe in his hands.

The crimson goop dripped from it, she watched as it hit the ground splashing- forming a tiny puddle. She looked away for just a second, when she looked back.. He was gone. Lindsey felt a sense of relief, but that quickly vanished realizing that the man could be anywhere, watching her, terrorizing her like it was some kind of sick game.

Lindsey knew there was only one way to get out of here. She had to run, it was the only choice. She emerged from the vehicle and without thinking, she ran as fast as she could. No matter how weak she felt or how much her heart felt like it was about to explode, she didn't give up until she was a safe distance away from the psycho.

Whenever she couldn't take it anymore, she stopped running, huffing and trying to catch her breath.

"Bye Lindsey." a husky voice spoke from behind her. Her body froze up, knowing very this was her end. The axe came down on her and she fell to the ground.

-----

Thanks for reading this short story! Yes, I make all of these. Next short story will be posted up soon. Thanks for the support. :)

Love, Anna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Killer of the Men By Raj

Mystery / Thriller

161 107 17
When I moved to the family, they seemed completely okay. But soon I found that someone was following me with a knife every night. A Girl. She wanted...
15.1K 988 76
Ready to read some amazing scary stories? Hope you are cause I've just prepared a variety of them just for you! Make yourself comfortable but connect...
64.8K 1.6K 200
Tiny horror stories (Doesn't exceed 100 words) None of these stories is from other books or online. These were all written by me. Do not steal them...
2.2K 99 4
You're a college student, it's your final year at your university after you finally managed to escape from your parents with the inheritance your gra...