Doctor Who Adventure 3: We Me...

By TimeLordKisser920

You haven't seen the Doctor for quite some time when the TARDIS shows up out of nowhere. Just like the first... More

Doctor Who Adventure 3: We Meet Again
Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 1
Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 3
Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 4

Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 2

383 15 1
By TimeLordKisser920

Chapter 2: Red Hot

The shaking finally stopped and the TARDIS landed with its usual thump and dong. You wobbly walked down the railing and peaked outside. The first thing you concluded was that you were defiantly on an alien planet.

A dark scarlet sun that was so humongous it filled most of the sky, loomed over you. The sky surrounding it was surpassingly dark though, giving a vibrant contrast that blurred your vision at first look. The planet had dry heat and mounds of sand. There was a slight fog in the air, but it was nothing like Earth had. It was hazy and sizzling as if it was made of pure energy.

You sighed and stepped outside. Your festive shoes weren’t nearly prepared for this kind of journey so you thought about turning around to go back in and change, but the TARDIS had a different plan. It slammed the door behind you and bumped your backside in the process.

“Ow!” You glared at the blue door. “Fine, I’m going.” You growled and stepped forward. “Just one foot in front of the other I guess.”

The walk must’ve only been a few minutes but it felt like hours before you heard a distant noise.

Voices?

You squinted your eyes and looked forward, not too far ahead was a group of moving figures. They were big white and bulky…..strange looking aliens….

You chuckled to yourself as you realized that you weren’t seeing bodies but space suits. And from the looks of it, human designed space suits. How did you know? Well you had noticed that no matter how much space fashion changed, humans still kept the glass dome helmet.

From what you could see there were three of them. And a large space craft to go with, along with some other smaller transportation crafts.

“Is sample 22215 collected?” A muffled intercom voice asked.

“Roger that, we are ready to load up and take off.”

At first you thought maybe it wasn’t best to approach them but when you looked around you saw no signs that they were hostile. They looked like basic scientists.

“Hello!” You called. All three of them spun around gazing at you. You could just barely see hints of human features from inside their somewhat clear helmet.

It was a few seconds before one of them replied. “Hello?”

“Well from your reaction I’m guessing I’m the first person you’ve seen so that would kind of cancel out my next question.”

“Which was?” A more feminine voice spoke to you now.

“Uh have you seen any other people walking around that may or may not resemble a 21st century human?”

“21st century?” The first person asked.

“Maybe she’s delusional.”

“Where’s her space suit?”

“She looks human.”

You watched as the three of them discussed you like a science project.

“Yeah but there’s something off about her…”

“I know I noticed it too, like you’re looking at a mirage.”

“Maybe we are.”

“We have been out here for a while.”

“Yeah but all of us having the same hallucination?”

“Maybe the volcanic gasses are already affecting us.”

“I’m sorry the what?” You interrupted.

They all three directed their attention back to you. “The volcanic gasses.”

“Volcanic-” That’s when you heard the rumble. You turned back to the direction you had come to see the big quaking volcano waiting to burst. How had you not noticed that?! Stupid TARDIS ….parked in front of it.

“That’s why we’re gathering what we can.”

“This place is going to blow and all the wildlife will be destroyed.”

So these scientists weren’t studying, they were preserving…

“How long till it erupts?”

“About 30 milsatrons.” You closed your eyes and tried to work out the math into your time period.

“So…that’s about…and hour and fifteen minutes.” You dashed toward a car looking vehicle with three thick wheels. “Mind if I borrow this.” You jumped in the seat not waiting for an answer. “Hopefully I know how to drive this.” You pushed a giant blinking button and it immediately started up. “Ah see, he always taught to push the giant blinking button first.”

“What? Who?”

You pulled at a wood like rod and the whole thing loosened. You began to roll down the small hill it was parked on. Dang it! You’d shut off the breaks! You felt around with your foot for a petal but all you found was a hard sphere halfway in the bottom paneling of the ground. When you moved it around with your foot the car turned in that direction. It was somewhat like a steering wheel. You moved the rod again and the vehicle moved forward. “Ah ha!” You glanced at the confused looking scientists. “Thanks!” You drove forward as fast as it could go.

You had to find the Doctor’s companion.

As the journey continued on, time passed and you had no luck. The place was deserted. The only that was remotely alive were patches of orange swishy flowers that looked a lot like something that should be on SpongeBob.

 “Oh come on!!! I don’t want to die here!! Doctor!!!”

That voice! That voice was really familiar! You sharply turned to the right and sat up a little, trying to find the source.

“I’m serious! I know your always cutting it close but this is ridicules!”

That’s when you saw the long haired red head. Her cheeks were flushed from the heat and her voice a little scratchy from the yelling.

“Amelia? Amelia Pond?” She spun around to face you just as you pulled down on the rod stopping the vehicle.

“It’s Amy.” She growled. “Who are you?”

You smiled. “The Doctor kinda sent me.” She was just about to say something but the whole planet began to rumble. “Get in! This place is about to blow!”

She hopped in the passenger seat and you turned the vehicle back around toward the way you had come. “The TARDIS is parked not too far away, we should be able to get there before-”

One of the hills of sand exploded and hot lava sprouted out. You were shocked. Not only was the volcano going to explode but the whole flipping planet!

Amy shrieked and leaned away from the lava as it splashed outward.

More explosions followed by ruptures of molten rock. Smoke and ash began to rain down. You did your best trying to divert away from the streams of lava but in the end it caught you. You and Amy ended up jumping off the vehicle and running as it sank into the sand and burned.

“How far?” She screamed.

“I don’t really know!”

That’s when the tough ground cracked under you and fire spit out, separating you from Amy. She screeched and you reached over to get her but the fire hissed and crackled making you stumbled away. But out of the corner of your eye saw a flash of blue. The TARDIS was so close.

You looked back at Amy as more cracks separated her from the safe passage home. “Amy the TARDIS is right over there! You just have to get past!”

She nodded and tried to take a step forward but the ground crumbled. The flames sunk into the sand floor and you reached out, grabbing her hand before she  fell into the pit as well.

You pulled her onto sturdier ground. She looked shaken up and kept repeating the same nod she had given you earlier along with a thick gulp. “Come on!” You took her hand and all but dragged her to the TARDIS. The door opened when you stepped near and you both tumbled in. You shut the door with a hard kick and the TARDIS began to take off without a command.

Amy snapped out of her trance at the hum of the engines and looked at you. Both of you laid on the floor, gasping for air and in need of water. “Thanks.”

You looked at her and shrugged. “No need.”

“So…what happens now?”

“Now….” You thought about it. “I need a freezing cold drink.”

She looked you up and down then laughed. “Any maybe a change of shoes.” You looked down to see you were only wearing one shoe. You also began to laugh.

After a few glasses of cold water and a quick wash up to get all the sand off of your face. You changed out of your specially made dress and shoes…or shoe.

Amy was waiting in the console room, also having changed and washed up. “So where’s the Doctor? And who are you?”

“Well I can answer one of those questions. I’m one of the Doctor’s old companions.”

“Seriously?” A smile spread across your face.

“Yeah before he regenerated.” You both leaned against the console.

She leaned in, curiosity filling her features. “So what was he like?”

“Uh….” You thought about it before answering. “Taller, nice hair, and a little funny.”

“So….the same.”

You both shared another laugh. “So what happened? When’s the last time you saw him?”

“Well I was with the Doctor and Rory in the TARDIS. The Doctor was talking about some planet he wanted to show us. When there was this…feeling…”

“Feeling?”

Her expression turned distant. “Yea it was really sad and somewhat angry. Over all just…cold. I’ve never felt anything like it before. So genuine, so pure.”

“Were you upset about something?”

“That’s the thing.” She looked at you with wide and worried eyes. “It wasn’t just me, the Doctor, and Rory felt it too. Rory….he wasn’t with me when I woke up on that planet. After the feeling that’s what happened. Just feeling, darkness, and then…sand.” She grimaced and scratched her head. “You think he’s alright? Rory I mean, the Doctor is probably fine.”

“Yeah, we’ll find him.” The TARDIS smoothly landed, the ride had been so smooth that you hadn’t even noticed you were flying. “Maybe even sooner than we thought.”

Amy ran out the door as soon as she regained her balance from the landing. You followed her but not as fast, thinking about what she had just told you. 

======================================

DW Question: What do you think of Amy? Will you be sad when she leaves this upcoming season?  

xoxoxoxoxo TimeLordKisser920

Continue Reading