Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Red Hot

The shaking finally stopped and the TARDIS landed with its usual thump and dong. You wobbly walked down the railing and peaked outside. The first thing you concluded was that you were defiantly on an alien planet.

A dark scarlet sun that was so humongous it filled most of the sky, loomed over you. The sky surrounding it was surpassingly dark though, giving a vibrant contrast that blurred your vision at first look. The planet had dry heat and mounds of sand. There was a slight fog in the air, but it was nothing like Earth had. It was hazy and sizzling as if it was made of pure energy.

You sighed and stepped outside. Your festive shoes weren’t nearly prepared for this kind of journey so you thought about turning around to go back in and change, but the TARDIS had a different plan. It slammed the door behind you and bumped your backside in the process.

“Ow!” You glared at the blue door. “Fine, I’m going.” You growled and stepped forward. “Just one foot in front of the other I guess.”

The walk must’ve only been a few minutes but it felt like hours before you heard a distant noise.

Voices?

You squinted your eyes and looked forward, not too far ahead was a group of moving figures. They were big white and bulky…..strange looking aliens….

You chuckled to yourself as you realized that you weren’t seeing bodies but space suits. And from the looks of it, human designed space suits. How did you know? Well you had noticed that no matter how much space fashion changed, humans still kept the glass dome helmet.

From what you could see there were three of them. And a large space craft to go with, along with some other smaller transportation crafts.

“Is sample 22215 collected?” A muffled intercom voice asked.

“Roger that, we are ready to load up and take off.”

At first you thought maybe it wasn’t best to approach them but when you looked around you saw no signs that they were hostile. They looked like basic scientists.

“Hello!” You called. All three of them spun around gazing at you. You could just barely see hints of human features from inside their somewhat clear helmet.

It was a few seconds before one of them replied. “Hello?”

“Well from your reaction I’m guessing I’m the first person you’ve seen so that would kind of cancel out my next question.”

“Which was?” A more feminine voice spoke to you now.

“Uh have you seen any other people walking around that may or may not resemble a 21st century human?”

“21st century?” The first person asked.

“Maybe she’s delusional.”

“Where’s her space suit?”

“She looks human.”

You watched as the three of them discussed you like a science project.

“Yeah but there’s something off about her…”

“I know I noticed it too, like you’re looking at a mirage.”

“Maybe we are.”

“We have been out here for a while.”

“Yeah but all of us having the same hallucination?”

“Maybe the volcanic gasses are already affecting us.”