Tethered Tats

By SammiBSykes

[Completed] In a world where a tattoo decides your fate, Noelle Oakley is destined to find her soulmate. Whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 11

534 28 8
By SammiBSykes

I curse as we walk our way back towards the house. We lost the bastard. He or she was there and now they're gone.

"You could've ran quicker," I half joke.

"You could've, lazy bitch," Tom chuckles.

"Be nice to our girl bro, it's not her fault the only exercise she does is walking to the fridge and back." Flynn winks and I hit him playfully, pointing my middle finger up at him. He places his hand over his heart and gasps, I just roll my eyes.

Once we sit down at the kitchen, I sigh heavily. P.C John left with different objects and fingerprints for evidence. Soon after, Aunt Susan comes back and she stares at our scared faces.

"What's wrong my babies?" She sets her handbag down and walks over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Someone was in the house while we were. Just... look at your room, I can't bear going in there at the moment Aunt Susan," I sigh and grab three Pims from the fridge before sitting back down again. I hand the twins their drinks and we crack them open and simultaneously take a gulp.

I tap my fingers along the back of my iPhone, thinking. Should I text him? He told me to whenever I feel like I need to. And I think I need to.

I go to the messages and type in his name on the search bar, then begin my message.

Archie

Something's happened, I'm scared
f
or Aunt Susan more than me.

Hey Noelle, what's happened?
Y
ou know you can talk to me.
That's what I'm here for.

I know. Someone's been
threatening us 
lately and
 we don't know who, 
I think
 it's more than just a threat,
I think it may be a warning.

Have you called the police?

Duh, obviously! They've been
over more than twice the passed
few weeks and the threats have
gotten worse

Okay calm down, you've done
everything you can, the best
you can do is wait and be there
for your Aunt just like she's there
for you.

Thanks Archie, I'll update you
ASAP :)

Was popping up to him a good thing to do? Flynn squeezes my hand reassuringly next to me and I look into his eyes, I smile weakly and he puts his head on mine. I take another mouthful of my drink and soon enough it's finished. I go to the cupboard and get something stronger; fireball and coke.

"Easy on the drink El, you don't want to end up drunk," Flynn says, standing up and coming towards me.

I laugh a little, "better than sitting here doing nothing," I say, filling the glass with both liquids and chugging half it down, bad idea. It burns as it slithers down my throat.

"Thanks for offering me some." Tom grabs the bottle from the counter and drinks it raw.

"What about the coke?" I take another sip.

"I'm not a lightweight like you my precious, I'm allowed to drink this straight out the bottle without it affecting me." He winks and I poke my tongue out at him.

After some time, I've finished the drink. Is it a good idea to get drunk. Again? Yes. Yes it is, if it puts my mind at ease then so be it. I have more than one more and soon enough I can feel myself sway a little.

"I love you," I whisper into Flynn's ear, too loudly that Tom hears.

"What about me?" He sulks.

I go up to him and whisper in his ear. "You're a dick Tom but I may like you not love." I wink and grab the fireball yet again.

"You're obsessed with that drink!" Tom takes it from me and I cross my arms.

"Oh dear God, Noelle Oakley, stop drinking... unless you offer me some babe," Aunt Susan shouts, turning on the music from the Bose stereo.

The Big Top Forty playlist begins, starting with Freaky Friday as it's on shuffle, I start to dance, Déjà vu begins to last Friday night where we- well I- got drunk.

I grind against Tom and he doesn't hesitate, he grabs my leg and hoots. Flynn laughs and Aunt Susan shouts at him to let go of her niece, he doesn't listen. I go over to the stereo and turn the volume up almost to its fullest.

A knock on the door can just about be heard over the music and all of us hesitate, looking at each other to see who will open the door. I decide that'll be me and so I turn the handle and stumble back at the sight of Grayson on my doorstep.

"Hey Noelle, I was on a walk and decided to come." He shouts over the music. I smile and usher him in. "Are you drunk?" He hollows in my ear as I slightly sway side by side.

"Of course she is! Want to introduce me to yet another of your boyfriends?" Aunt Susan grins and hugs him. "I'm Aunt Susan, you must call me Aunt Susan like everyone else does and who may you be?"

"Names Grayson, Aunt Susan and it's nice to meet you, can I have a drink?" He points to the glass of liquor I hold in my hand, Aunt Susan of course, allows him and pours him a drink.

After a while we all sit in a circle, empty fireball bottle in the middle of us. Flynn spins it and it lands on Aunt Susan.

"Kiss me," Tom jokes but Aunt Susan much obliges and does so, "Damn, is it bad that I say you're a good kisser?" He laughs.

"I've had my experiences! And I'm not that old cheeky! Only twenty eight!" It's Aunt Susan's turn to spin the bottle. It lands on Grayson.

"Run down the street in just your underwear," I giggle and he doesn't hesitate.

He zips his trousers down and I can't help but bite my lip, he then takes off his top, his six pack visible. My breath gets taken away. He's so hot.

"Fuck that's a sight!" Aunt Susan fans herself and Flynn sniggers.

"Go on. Run down the street, there's a little twist to this. You need to shout that you have a small penis." I can't help but laugh as he stands up and jogs to the door.

Grayson legs it up and down the street screaming that he has a small penis. By the time he comes back in, I have tears rolling down my eyes and my stomach hurts.

"That was too good! You made the next door neighbour's dog howl and the old man next door watched from his top window." I wipe a tear from my eye.

I grab another drink and take it all in one go. After a while I feel dizzy and ill. I lay down and place my arm over my head.

"You okay Noey?" Grayson asks as he hovers over me.

"What sick nickname is that?" I mumble, squinting my eyes up at him.

"Bet you can't make a worse nickname for me, Noey." He winks.

"You sure 'bout that, Grace?"

"Grace?"

"You know Grace-on, Grayson so now your Grace." I smile all teeth and roll over onto my belly, letting my head fall to the floor.

Grayson picks me up and holds me bridal style, he looks down at me with his one blue eye and one brown.

"I'm heavy, sorry," I whisper.

He shakes his head and smiles, "You're nowhere near heavy my gem, you're as light as a feather."

I see Flynn in the corner of my eye, he eyes Grayson, if only looks could kill. He clenches his hand into a fist then looks away.

Is he jealous?

Grayson carries me up to my room and lays me into my bed, tucking me in; at this moment of time I don't care, I just need to sleep off the drink.

"Sit," I mumble and close my eyes. "Sit..." I feel the other side of the bed sink down and I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up to the feeling of daggers behind my eyes, I groan and here someone chuckles next to me. I open my eyes suddenly. Who the fuck is in my bed? I look and see Grayson.

"What the hell? What are you doing in my room, how did you get here? Get out!" I cover my body with my duvet and look at him worryingly.

He leaps off the bed as I shout at him, "Yo, Noey, calm down! You asked me to sleep in here last night, you were so, so drunk and kinda funny... besides the point, Aunt Susan allowed me to stay and we have school today too so you better get ready." He smiles at me with those perfect teeth and lips.

"Flynn was meant to," I say under my breath, knowing last time I was drunk Flynn cared for me.

"What?"

"Nothing, just- I'm not going to school today I'm ill."

"No you're not, you're just hungover and I wonder what Mr Gibbs is going to do seeing you like this?" He laughs silently and shakes his head, one eyebrow is raised as he grins at me.

"You think this is funny?"

"I think it's hilarious!" He goes through my drawers and closet and throws me a white sleeveless crop top and denim shorts.

I eye him.

"What? I may be a dick sometimes but I know what fashion is! Now dress! Tom and Flynn stayed last night too and Aunt Susan made us some eggs and toast for breakfast before going out to work." Grayson claps his hands to hurry me along and walks out to allow me my privacy to change.

"Morning El!" Flynn utters through a mouthful of egg and toast as I walk through to the kitchen.

"Don't talk to me," I groan, grabbing pain killers from the top cupboard.

"Someone's a moody bitch this morning!" Tom cheerfully says and I give him the death stare which makes him look away quickly.

"Hangover has struck this morning," Grayson snorts.

Did he really just stay over?

I grab a piece of toast and butter it, Flynn laughs at me so I throw the egg that is present on my spoon at him.

"Shall we skip school today? I'm in no mood to go to that shit hole, especially with this migraine," I gaze at Flynn and can't help but smile as he wipes the egg off his once clean white tee.

"Sure but won't Aunt Susan be mad?" Flynn replies.

"She won't know, she has work 'til late so we can say we got back before her, no biggie." I munch on the toast and smile.

"I'm up to a rebel day of bunking school," Grayson smirks, Tom nods enthusiastically next to him.

"How about the cinema or a nice day in?" I ask, I might have a headache but I'd much rather go to the cinema than hearing screaming people from school surrounding me.

"That settles it then, I've heard that there's a new comedy being shown at the cinema, shall we go there?" Tom mumbles to his phone, handing it to me to show me the ticket prices and times for the film.

"Let's do the one before lunch so that we can get a McDonalds or KFC at the shopping mall before going to see the film." I put the plates in the dishwasher as I speak.

I run up the stairs and start applying makeup at my mirror that leans against the wall. I add the foundation and begin applying concealer and contour. At that moment, I see the door begin to open in the reflection. Grayson stands there looking at me, he begins to chuckle and grin.

"What?!" I shout to his reflection.

"Why do you have dots and lines of shit on your face?" He strides into the room more.

"It's called contour and concealer," I say, beginning to blend it in with an egg shaped beauty blender.

"And you use a butt plug to smudge it in? Real creative." He folds his arms and leans against the banister of the bed.

"It's a beauty blender, I don't know what type of butt plug you've seen in your life if it looks like this," I sarcastically say with a smile, rolling my eyes and continue blending the makeup in.

"Ohh Okay... why do you apply all that anyway?" He sits down cross legged behind me, inches from my back. My heart begins to thud.

"To cover up my face. I'm not exactly attractive." I glare at my face in the mirror, seeing very faint freckles on my nose and a small mole on the side near my eye.

"You don't need it, you're amazing the way you are my gem. The only thing you need is," he stands up and goes to my bedside table, he picks up something and walks back to me, placing my glasses gently on my nose, "Your glasses, to help you see how good you really are." He smiles at me and I feel my stomach knot.

I quickly grab the red lipstick at the bottom of my makeup bag and smear it over his lips.

"Gorgeous," I giggle.

"Maybe you would like it instead." He moves closer towards me, my heart flutters and I feel my pulse on my wrist, right on my tattoo. He leans over and his lips are inches from mine, I glare at his blue and brown eyes and can hear his hand shuffling next to me. He grabs the lipstick tube and smears it on my lips instead.

"There." He winks and stands up. "Flynn and Tom are downstairs debating whether to watch a horror or the comedy," He laughs a little and watches me in awe as I finish off my makeup routine.

I'm so stupid, there I was thinking he might've kissed me. Stupid thoughts, I shake my head to clear it and stand up, grabbing my small pink bag that dangles on the end of my bed post, I shove my phone into it and my purse, zip it up and both me and Grayson trudge downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Tom asks. "We will decide on the movie when we get there."

"I'll drive," Flynn says as he does have his driving license.

"Shotgun front!" I yell. Me and Tom look at each other, he wants the front as much as I do. I leg it and so does he, I make it to the car door first but he grabs me by the waist and hauls me away.

Oh no you don't Tom!

I kick him in the back of his leg making him get jelly leg, I then swing the door open and leap inside the front seat, closing the door and locking it. Tom glares at me and I stick my tongue out which makes him laugh. Soon enough Flynn gets in the driver's seat and both Tom and Grayson sit in the back.

Off to the cinema we go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6.4K 18
Skylar Valentine has the one of the biggest crushes on his best friends older brother. Wolf Reed. Skylar's life isn't easy at home, with his aunt Kat...
72.1K 819 22
When you turn eighteen you get your mark. You get the first thing your meant-to-be is supposed to say to you. Sophie Foster isn't one of those people...
2.8K 540 45
Getting disclosed in front of a life long friend is one thing. What happens when Lily is unveiled in front of a guy that she just met? ::::::::::::::...
867K 42.4K 31
[A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY] If you touch your skin with ink, the marks you make will appear on your soulmate's skin too. Those who have this power...