Stay With Me || Lashton ||

Por Louisgirl_228

Ashton was troubled. Luke was innocent. Running away from problems is Ashton's specialty but what happens whe... Más

Stay With Me || Lashton ||
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Authors Note
40
41
42
To sequel or not to sequel?
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
40K Celebration Imagine
Honeymoon

29

6.6K 243 73
Por Louisgirl_228

Luke's POV

Today is the last day before Christmas break and the day Ashton and I have to perform our mid term for music. I have to say that I'm more nervous today than I was for our first two gigs. I finished the song last night so my dreams and morning routine have revolved around the damn lyrics. I can't mess this up, my grade depends on it not to mention I wrote it for Ashton. If the song was bad and he hated it I really don't know what I'll do. So much stress.

I hurried into my music class to see Ashton talking to our teacher and when I entered the room Ashton walked straight over to me. He looked really nervous and his fidgeting hands really gave that away.

"Hey babe." He smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hey. Are you nervous?" I asked and Ashton nodded with wide eyes. The bell rang calling us to our seats but Ashton moved to the front of the room. Apparently he was first.

"Okay class we are going to move things to the gym really fast, Ashton has asked to use extra equipment for his performance." Our teacher informed us and I looked to Ashton with wide eyes.

Our small class walked quietly to the gym and when I entered the gymnasium I saw Calum and Michael with a their mic stands, amps and Ashton's drum kit. He definitely went all out for this. We took a seat in the bleachers and waited for the show to start. The three of them ran over a few things before they got set and everything went quiet.

"1,2,3,4!" Ashton's familiar voice shouted and they started to play.

Ashton's POV

Okay I so admit I have been doing a little cheating. I had Michael and Calum learn the song with me so we could give Luke a proper performance of his song. I talked to my teacher and he gave me the thumbs up and pretty much promised me an A for my original song. We'd been doing separate learning of this song and finally were able to run through it a few times last night while Luke was studying for a final. I was so nervous but once I climbed behind my kit and saw Luke all the nervous once again faded away.

"1,2,3,4!" I called out and we all began to play. Michael sang the first line but then it was me.

Can I call wake you up on a Sunday?

Late night, I think we need to get away.

Head lights, hold tight turn the radio loud.

Let me know where to go and I'll get you there.

Tell the truth and I'll show you how to dare.

Flash lights held tight we could own this town.

Never say goodbye.

I sang then it was all three of us together but mainly Calum.

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

And tell me that I'll see you again

'Cause I don't know,

If I can let you go

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

I'm dying just to see you again

Let's make tonight

The best of our lives,

Yeah.

Here's to teenage memories

Then I was able to focus on my drumming while Calum took over the second verse. So far so great. I glanced up to see Luke totally tuned in to the song which made it even better.

Close your eyes you'll be mine and it's alright.

Take a breath no rest till the sunrise.

Heartbeat so sweet, when your lips touch mine.

We don't have to go home right now,

We're never gonna stop 'cause we're dreaming out loud.

We know what we want, we know we're going to get it somehow.

Never say goodbye

The second time the chorus came around I was so into the song. It was fucking amazing to see my thoughts and ideas go from the paper to the actual song. Calum and Michael did help me out a lot but Luke was the main help to this song. He was the inspiration for this song and every line was part of our relationship and how he made me feel. I really did love him.

So kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

I'm dying just to see you again

Let's make tonight

The best of our lives,

Yeah.

Here's to teenage memories.

Whoa-oh-oh

Whoa-oh

Here's to teenage memories

Whoa-oh-oh

We nailed the last notes and our class irrupted into applause. The song went off without a hitch and the way Luke was smiling at me was a dead giveaway that he liked it too. I thanked Calum and Michael for their help and I went to take a seat next to Luke. Since everything was already set up I figured he could use it for his song too.

"Ashton that was amazing!" He said and gave me a hug.

"I had great inspiration." I shrugged. "Mr. James said you could use the equipment if you wanted to." I said and Luke gulped. He looked pale and nervous. We had played two shows and even won a battle of the bands I wasn't really sure how he could be nervous.

He took one last breath and walked up to take his place behind the mic. He grabbed up Mikey's guitar and got it situated before starting up his own song.

Luke's POV

I had no idea to top Ashton's performance and my song wasn't the same caliber as his but I guess here goes nothing. I just borrowed Mikey's guitar and started off my song.

He sits at home with the lights out

Seeing life in different colours

I think it's time that we wake up

So let me take you away

We can run down the street

With the stars in our eyes

We can tear down this town

In the dark of the night

Just open the door

We've got time on our side

We can make it out alive

It sounded alright but it would've sounded better if I had a whole band like Ashton but I decided to push through and give the chorus a try.

Hey we're taking on the world

I'll take you where you wanna go

Pick you up if you fall to pieces

Let me be the one to save you

Break the plans we had before

Let's be unpredictable

Pick you up if you fall to pieces

Let me be the one to save you

Unpredictable was everything that Ashton and I were. I wanted to be the one to save him, to pick him up if he fell apart and take him anywhere he wanted to go. We've already taken on things that were stronger than us and won so taking on the world would be no big deal for us. I wrote this song from my heart and put down everything I've ever felt for Ashton.

Just as I was about to start my second verse, Calum started to play is bass in time with my beat. I thought he left for class. A few seconds later Ashton was at his kit timing out a beat and Michael was at the other mic ready to back me up.

I smiled at all of them and sang out the second verse. Then they all backed me up all the way until the final bit when we started to pick up speed and actually sound like a band. I only had one more part until the song was over but I kind of wished it never had to end.

So let go!

Till' we've lost control

And we'll stumble through it all

Let's do something new and unpredictable

It was nice to have back up from solid friends. All in all I think that we deserved A's.

...

It's always been a mystery how one person can make or break you. How strongly you can feel for one person is the driving force in how you feel on a daily basis. That's terrifying but at the same time it makes you feel good. Like you've finally found that one thing that you live and die for. They make you feel like you have purpose.

I'm lying next to my purpose right now. The cold December air doesn't seem to phase us when we are close together on my roof. Ashton has been silent for a little bit but I can tell he is thinking about something. His hazel eyes drift to the sky and his lips purse together when he's really thinking about something.

"Do you still get sad?" I blurted out for some reason. Ashton's eyes looked at me with such question and he directed them down to his hands.

"Yeah. Especially after what I tried to do." He muttered.

"I understand how your thoughts could eat you up like that." I nodded, looking more towards the sky.

"Yeah, but things are gonna get better." He smiled and I was almost convinced. He still looked so broken, so hung up on the past that he'd tried his best to escape but it ended up being thrown in his face.

"You could've told me Ashton." I said a little quieter than I wanted.

"I know." He mumbled. "I was fifteen when my mum started dating this complete dick. They were fighting so much and he hit her." He explained but tensed at the memory.

"You were defending her?" I asked and Ashton's gaze snapped up to look at me with glossy eyes.

"I was trying to keep her safe but I was the one that got arrested." He said and looked away from me quickly.

"That's what you do huh?" I asked myself aloud more than I was asking Ashton.

"What?" He asked with a furrowed brow.

"You keep people safe." I said louder with our eyes meeting again. He nodded into the silence that fell upon us. It was comfortable yet again. I took in a deep breath like I was breathing in everything around me so it became apart of who I was in this moment.

"It's like five days until Christmas and I still have no idea what you want." Ashton broke the silence.

"I don't know what you want either." I replied with a smirk to which Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I want a puppy." Ashton said with a big smile. What a little kid he is.

"A puppy?" I squeaked.

"Yes! I've always wanted one but my mum always said no." He pouted and I laughed.

"A puppy, okay." I shook my head, letting out another small laugh.

"What do you want?" He smiled.

"You." I said quickly.

"Hey that's what I'm supposed to say!" He said loudly and pouted again.

"Well too bad." I taunted and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"What do you really want?" He asked more serious.

"Just to spend Christmas with you, Cal and Mikey." I sighed and Ashton nodded.

"What was your song called today?" He changed the subject.

"Unpredictable." I answered and he nodded again.

"I really liked it and it's kind of been stuck in my head all day." He admitted, giggling softly.

"What was yours called?" I asked.

"Kiss Me, Kiss Me." He answered. Silence again fell upon us.

"I wrote it for you." We both blurted out at the same time, looking at each other confused.

"You did?" Ashton asked, astonished.

"Yeah who else would be my muse?" I shrugged.

"I would gladly be your muse any day." Ashton wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh shut up!" I smacked him playfully and he giggled some more. Once Ashton starts to giggle there is no stopping him and it's impossible not to laugh along.

...

"He seriously wants a fucking puppy?!" Michael asked and his colorful language earned him a glare from the elderly lady in the pet shop. He offered her an apologetic shrug and followed me down the row of dogs.

"And you're getting him one?" Calum added with his own disbelief.

"Yes." I said and moved over to a glass cage with puppies inside.

"Where are you planning on keeping the damn thing for three days?" Michael asked glancing around at all the toys and various other dog accessories.

"Calum's house." I said and they both nodded with Calum not catching on.

"No! No way in hell! My mom will stroke!" Calum exclaimed with his voice getting higher.

"Not if I ask her." I said with a wink. I moved down along the cages until a lone puppy caught my eye. He was a Jack Russell terrier and he was sitting in the cage all by himself. When I walked up to the glass he trotted over to it and began to bark. He was perfect.

"What is that thing?" Michael asked. He's obviously not a dog person.

"He's the one." I simply said and continued to play with the puppy through the glass.

"This one? Are you sure?" Calum asked and I nodded.

"Ash will love him." I smiled and a worker from the pet store walked over to us.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" She smiled and I nodded.

"I will take this little guy." I gestured to the tiny puppy.

"Awe great. He was the last of his litter and I've been pulling for him to finally be adopted." She said enthusiastically and disappeared into the back room to return with the little dog. He was rambunctious already and wiggled around in the workers arms. She handed him over to me and he seemed to settle down. I held him in front of my face, touching our noses and the little puppy licked me happily.

Puppies were a little more expensive than I thought but for Ashton I'd give anything. I bought a tiny collar with skulls on it and a little bed for the puppy too. We got into Michael's car and decided to get some Panda Express for lunch. I protested that I couldn't leave the puppy in the car so we got our food to go and went to Calum's to play FIFA.

Ashton had to work all day. He's been pretty busy with work the past few days because of Christmas being so close and he's been tired a lot. I really hope he's just tired and not sad. I would hate if he was having those terrible thoughts again. He finally got his stitches out which has helped with things a little more.

We ate our food and played video games with minimal conversation. I was up against Calum in a hard fought battle in this game of FIFA and little guy was asleep on my lap. I wasn't sure what to call him and I wanted Ashton to name him so for now little guy would have to do. I put the final nail in Calum's coffin and beat him in the game. We both put our controllers down and turned to Mikey who was scrolling on his phone.

"So when do you leave?" Michael asked and looked over to me. New York. I've been trying not to think about leaving Ashton.

"The day after Christmas." I said and rubbed the puppy's head.

"Ashton is gonna be lost without you." Calum said and I looked up to him with sad eyes. I know Ashton is going to have a hard time but I've been trying to ignore that. Michael shot Calum a glare and he sunk lower into the couch.

"Everything will be fine around here. Just go and have a great time." Michael assured me and I nodded.

"Have you even started packing?" Calum asked, knowing when it came to packing I was a procrastinator. This comes from years of helping me throw clothes together the night before we'd be leaving to camp or family vacations.

"No and that's what I should probably be doing now." I admitted and handed the puppy to Calum before I stood up to go.

"I guess you are kinda cute." Calum cooed at the puppy and I left with a laugh.

I walked across the street in the cold air to my house. The sun was barely setting so the temperature was also on its descent. Good thing I had my beanie on. I pushed through the front door and hurried up to my room before my mom could start a conversation. I grabbed a suitcase from the hallway closet, dragging it behind me to my bedroom.

Music has always helped me pack. I hooked up my phone to my speakers and blared Green Day. I folded and unfolded jeans and shirts until I finally found enough clothes for my trip. It was dark now an I was beginning to check my phone religiously to see if Ashton had tried to contact me but there was nothing.

I zipped up the now full suitcase and sat it by closet just as a knock came from my door. My mom let herself in and I moved to turn my music down. I was still pretty pissed at her but I chose to ignore her instead of starting a fight.

"Did you get all packed up?" She said and took a seat on my bed.

"Yes, mostly." I said shortly. Things went quiet for a second and I refused to look at her.

"Look Luke, I know what I did wasn't right and I see that now but I was only trying to protect you." She admitted. I felt my heart skip a beat at her admitting she was wrong.

"He didn't deserve that." I said in defense of my boyfriend.

"I know." She said and I spun around to face her because I just knew I had heard her wrong.

"What?" I choked out.

"It was so foolish of me to think that he was any threat to you. I guess I just got caught up in wanting perfection for you that I felt threatened by Ashton's unclean past." She admitted like she had been practicing.

"I love him mom. And I really want you to accept that because I'd hate for this to come between us." I said sternly and my mom nodded.

"I know. I'm so sorry Luke. I feel terrible about all of this. Ashton is the best thing to happen to you in a long while." She sniffled and again I was almost positive I had heard her wrong.

"It's okay mom. Just please apologize to him too, not just me because he's torn up about all of this." I said and walked towards my mom. She stood up and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I had missed her hugs. Like I said before I couldn't stay mad at my mom. Just as she was pulling away my phone started to ring. I saw Michael's name pop up on the screen and I slid my finger across it to answer the call.

"Luke?" Michael's voice was anxious making my stomach knot in an instant.

"Mikey what's wrong?" I asked and my mom looked at me with confusion.

"Ashton hasn't come home yet, is he with you?" My heart stopped I know it did and I had to force my mouth to speak. Ashton is gone? Did he leave for good?

"He's not with me. Have you talked to him at all?" I asked and my mom again looked at me with a confused look.

"Not since this morning. Damn it Luke I can't let him hurt himself again! I have to find him." Michael shouted through the phone but my mind was trying to process places Ashton could be. One in particular popped into my head; the reservoir. Ashton said he liked to go there and think, maybe that's where he's at.

"I think I know where he's at Mikey. I'll call you when I find him." I said quickly and hung up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and turned to grab my sweatshirt, pulling it over my head.

"What's going on?" My mom asked and I had almost forgotten she was still in the room I was so focused on finding Ashton.

"Ashton's missing." I said and pulled on my shoes.

"Do you know where he's at?" She asked and I nodded.

"I have a good I idea." I said, pulling on my beanie. I was about to head out of my door when her arm caught my shoulder.

"I'll drive." She said and I smiled at her. I feel like she finally understood what Ashton mean to me.

Now all I have to do is find him.

>>>>

Uh-oh!!

I cannot believe I hit 2k you guys are freaking awesome! Thank you so much

I love each of you for reading this story. I can't believe we are at chapter 30 and still plowing through! Haha

Pretty proud of this chapter actually :)

Until I update again :)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

186K 11.4K 25
"So, you know me...but I don't know you?" "Pretty much." Luke is Ashton's guardian angel, and Ashton doesn't think he deserves being saved.
263 13 1
Ashton and Luke are two runaways who got stuck in the same hotel room when trying to escape the police. And then the story gets even more complicated...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...
131K 6.3K 24
Ashton was moving into his first house, ready to start a new chapter of his life where he could focus on his job and career, but apparently that wasn...