forever and always | bang chan

By thejeongins

he's in love, with his bestfriend. highest rank: #140 in ff #9 in bangchan ... More

author's note
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
⊰ a letter to our bang chan⊱
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
random
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
thank you
What's Next?

epilogue

5.5K 211 171
By thejeongins

Today is just like every other day in the past four years, and that is being late. I slept through my 15 alarms! What a talent to possess.

As usual, I did my morning routine in such a fast way so that I won't miss my first class. Well I did it everyday and now that I'm almost done with school, nothing changed. It's very seldom that I actually wake up early, and obviously today is not one of those days.

I just grabbed my coat and left the dormitory. My roommate isn't around already because she is such an early bird, she wakes up two hours before I do.

I ran to my first class as I passed by other students who are looking at me. They're probably thinking why the hell do I look haggard this early in the morning. I don't care though, I'm here to study not to look good.

As I approached the room, there were no people. Where the heck did they go? As far as I remember Physics class is every Friday!

I fished for my phone in my bag only to see tons of messages from my classmates in that subject. Facepalm is all that I can do with the stupidity of mine.

I just remembered that we don't have class in Physics for today, which means I don't have class until 1 p.m.

Great, Abby. You just spent your time into nothing and rushed for nothing and looked like an old lady early morning.

I called my roommate who is my classmate in that subject.

"Haia!" I yelled as soon as she picked up. I heard her laugh on the other line, which is a sign that she knows why I called.

"You forgot that we don't have Physics today, am I right?" she mockingly said.

"Yes because my great cousin who is also my roommate didn't remind me!" Sometimes I forget that she's my cousin because she just lets me do stupid things.

She just laughed and dropped the call. Now, I have no choice but to go to the library or coffee shop. I don't want to take the risk to go back to the dorms because there's a hundred percent chance that I'll just sleep and not wake up for my next class.

I sent messages to my friends to invite them to the nearest coffee shop just to hang out or finish school works. Yes, I've met some good friends in the past four years. Some already left but I'm here because of those who stayed.

I arrived at the coffee shop, and my friends are already there. They saw me and motioned for me to come near.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked them because their laptops and papers are already on the table.

"Research paper for Mr. Gregory, as usual." Angel answered me and showed me the drink they ordered for me, the usual iced americano.

I took out my laptop to try writing my research paper for History but I got too indulged in watching K-Pop videos that I forgot about my schoolworks.

This is when my eyes caught something, Stray Kids. I heard they're very successful now, and I'm happy to know that their fandom is growing big without toxic people in it.

I'm proud of what he's become, but as I watch them through the screen of my laptop, I can't help but want to see them in real life.

I can never hide the fact that I miss him so much more than anything.

I bitterly smiled as I remember the way I left him. I knew he was there at the airport. I saw him cry and search for me frantically. I remember how he shouted my name desperately, wanting to see me.

Damn, I remember how I ditched my flight because I badly wanted to run back to his arms. It's still fresh in me how the airport's speakers announced that my flight left already but I was staring at him as his world was falling apart.

I wanted to go back to him but as soon as I was about to approach him, I saw him wipe his tears and walk away. Like, was it that easy to let me go?

"Are you okay, Abby?" Lianna asked me, and I just nodded as I wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes.

I flew here to Australia because I needed to have an operation and I know they have the best doctors and equipments here. I wanted to live longer, I spent my life sick and I want to make the rest of it worthwhile after all the years wasted.

After the transplant, I was bound to go back to Korea but I got an offer to enter one of the best universities in town. As someone who grew up being homeschooled, I took the chance.

I'm only human, and I want to know the reason of my existence. I wanted to explore a larger part of the world that doesn't revolve only around the comforts of my home. It was important for me to learn how to be less dependent on my mom. I achieved all of those in here, I learned a lot and I'm happy that I chose to stay here.

I got too lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that it was almost time for my second period. So I just attended the class for attendance and listen to such a boring lecture I am most likely to forget what it was about in 2 hours time.

True enough, I forgot about it as I am packing my luggage.

"Aren't you excited to go back to Seoul?" I asked Haia who isn't even packing her things yet for our flight tomorrow.

If you're wondering, we're okay now. It was a surprise for me to see that she is my roommate. She cleared things out between us years ago.

She liked Chan but not long enough, because she fell for another member.

"Why would I be excited? I'd rather stay here." She replied, looking at her phone.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say, I'm excited to see my mom."

I forgave my mom right away, I actually never held something against her. I was hurt but that isn't a reason for me to hate the woman who raised me and gave me life.

I was never mad at anybody, if ever I was, it would be myself because I didn't even insist to know what's wrong with me. It's all in the past, and I want to forget and move on.

"Is it really just your mom?" Haia asked.

"Yes."

Of course not.

Despite all of the happiness I have here, a part of me is missing.

I left a puzzle piece of me in Korea, and I'm coming back to have that piece back.

"Abby, get the side dishes at the kitchen!" I heard mom tell me that I quickly followed. It's New Year's Eve and we are having a little dinner at our house, with Haia and her mom.

"I heard from Haia that Abby is always on President's List. She must be studying well." Auntie said that got me flustered, and my mom answered.

"She does, especially that Haia helped her adjust there."

The conversation continued and they just asked us both about our lives at the university as if we don't FaceTime them once in a while.

My mom got a lot prettier, and it made me so happy that I cried when I saw her at the airport. The whole time I was abroad, what worries me most is my mom especially that she's alone. I'm glad she took care of herself like I told her to.

10 minutes before New Year, we moved to the rooftop to get a better view of the fireworks. My mom and I always did this together since we only have each other, so I'm happy that aunt and Haia are here to celebrate with us.

Haia played the song "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift.

She knows this song is one of my favorites and I can't resist from singing along with it. They left me alone at the rooftop, saying that they'll just get something.

Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain 'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile

"Abby?" a voice called out for me, a voice I longed to hear for four years. A voice that belongs to the man I love the most.

Get me with those green eyes baby, as the lights go down
Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around 'cause I see sparks fly
whenever you smile

I turned my head as fast as lightning to see my Bang Chan, standing there looking at me. I see longing in his eyes and shock to see me here.

"Chan..." I whispered so low that only I heard it.

I can't believe I'm seeing the love of my life right in front of my eyes. If I am dreaming, do me a favor and never wake me up ever again.

He started to walk near me, each step of his is equal to my heart beating it beats in slow motion it hurts.

I tried to move my legs to walk to him, and I ran to close the distance between us.

"Baby..." he said so lovingly my tears started to pour down one by one as he rested his forehead on mine.

I felt him wipe my tears as he whispered, "I missed you, too much."

I just stared at his face, and traced it with my hand like memorizing every part of it. I don't ever want to forget this face again.

"I'm sorr—" he tried to say but I didn't let him.

"There's nothing to be sorry for. We should forget about everything in the past, Chan."

"I don't want to lose you again."

"You won't."

I run my fingers through your hair and watch the lights go wild
Just keep on keeping your eyes on me, it's just wrong enough to make it feel right
And lead me up the staircase
Won't you whisper soft and slow?
I'm captivated by you, baby, like a firework show.

It was like a fairytale as fireworks started to light up the night sky, as we shared a kiss full of longing and love for each other.

Take away the pain 'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes baby, as the lights go down
Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around 'cause I see sparks fly
whenever you smile

That was the moment I knew I am finally complete.

My missing puzzle piece has been found and I won't risk losing it again.

"I love you so much, Chan."

"I love you too, Abby."

And the sparks fly...
Oh, baby, smile...
And the sparks fly

"Forever?"

"Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 2.2K 31
eight different boys with eight different problems some how end up outside the principal's office together. - completed 06/10/2022 Dealing With It c...
20.6K 1K 58
everyone likes him but he loves her everyone wants him but he needs her she didn't choose either of them but her heart did *** started: 04/03/2023 ...
105K 3.2K 12
𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐱 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝑤�...
410K 23.7K 44
❝ ITS JUST A FAVOR. ❞ ━━𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖋𝖆𝖛𝖔𝖗 ( 🛹 ) skz ff / minsung. romance, snap au. ©-spearbin, 2019.