Everest- Journey to the top o...

By pragyakiran1

It is said you are not conquering a mountain you conquer yourself and your fears. It is my dream journey to b... More

Introduction

The start of spark

5 3 5
By pragyakiran1

As I was sitting on my table in my college hostel,  something strikes me. I have one month of holiday. I have two options either to return home or something else. I was never a child who will go somewhere and tell her parents after that.  You know when I was in school I never spend a penny to roam around. It was not like my parents didn't allow me but there was a fear and the reason of that I never understood. My papa always said to me to do whatever your heart says,  but....  When our heart says?  I know I often complain that I can not understand my heart and when I did the situation changes my mind.  But now I have decided to do something to teach my heart and mind. 

Just then my roommate came with newspaper. I opened it and on the 6th page was the story of a physically challenged girl who conquer Everest. Reading that I got myself travelling back in time.  In 2015 there was a show named " Everest " telecasted on Star plus. I never dare to leave a single episode of it.  I remember that it was the first time that I was crying in nearly each episode of it. I remember asking my sister whether she will accompany me to Everest and her most hilarious reply,  " I will cheer in the base camp when you will be on the Top of the world. Mad girl! " I laughed it of but I know that spark has been started in the forest.  I started researching on the ways to travel to Everest. But as other things came in my way my thoughts goes inside that closed container in my mind.  

As I was moving my eyes through that article my roommate said, " Planning for the mountains. " " ya,  if fate allows " I replied. She goes back to her cupboard and brings a brochure of NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MOUNTAINEERING but with a ⚠ warning,  " only if you can dare"

 I quickly analyze it.  OK about 7000 fees so approximately 10000 rupees. And just 28 days course. That means in one month u will be a mountaineer. Great. 

Just then my father called me and I poured my heart to him.  

He laughed and said, " at last you have something crazy to do.  Don't think mountains are easy. They will bring a new person from you. And when you will return I will be proud of you my dear!! I hope you succeed. " I felt like running to him and just hug him tightly. I can clearly hear my mother shouting that what is the use of it what if something happens to her. But I know my father would be smiling as always.

So brigadier Pragya Shree your next mission

NIM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 14.8K 45
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...
234K 6.9K 57
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
87.3K 2.5K 19
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
2.8M 131K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...