Into Infinity - Avengers: Inf...

By LAC1940

"The entire time I knew him, he only ever had one goal..." Or so they thought... Perhaps Thanos needed to re... More

Note
My Characters
Part One
One - Destiny Arrives
Two - Thanos is Coming!
Three - More Aliens in New York
Five - Split Up!
Six - Save the Wizard!
Seven - The Road to Knowhere
Eight - Widow to Widow
Nine - An Old Acquaintance
Ten - Reality Remade
Eleven - White Wolf
Twelve - Family
Thirteen: No More Pop Culture References
Fourteen - Fight For All Life
Fifteen - Breaking the Oath
Sixteen - Snap!
Seventeen - Aftermath
Eighteen - My Love
To Be Continued/Concluded...

Four - Distress Call

1K 22 2
By LAC1940

*Quick note: I decided to post a small prequel of sorts to this story featuring my OCs to give you some context. I haven't cut the awesome entrance for the Guardians from 'Infinity War', I just moved it to there, so you might want to quickly go read the short 'Guardians Vol. 2' chapter in 'Before Infinity' before reading this chapter to set the scene (sorry, it was a last-minute decision, I should really outline my stories before writing, haha!) Thanks and enjoy!*

Space

The Milano and crew soared through the skies, music filling the ship as usual as they followed the distress signal. This time, however, no one was singing and dancing.

"Peter, will you please turn off the music," Gamora finally requested.

"Yeah, I'm feeling that too." Peter flicked off the music. "I was just trying to, you know, lighten the mood..."

The group sat in unusual silence. Everyone was still pretty shaken up about hearing of Xandar's fall. It was so sudden, so unexpected.

"Okay Guardians, we're coming up on our target," Quill announced some long, silent minutes later, breaking the strange silence. "Remember, this might be dangerous so let's put on our mean faces."

Before anyone could say anything else, they reached their location.

"My God-" Quill mumbled.

"What happened here?" piped up Mantis. "Are all these people - dead?"

The whole area surrounding them was littered with dead bodies, floating in space, along with debris of what must have been their ship.

Gamora and Envy exchanged a knowing glance - Thanos. The sisters had begun to suspect as much concerning the fall of Xandar as well.

"Yikes," muttered Rocket. Drax was alert as ever. Even Groot looked up from his game.

Crash! Suddenly, one of the bodies floated forward and struck their ship, landing on the windshield. It was a man in battle armour.

"Ah!"

"Get it off!"

Before anyone could do anything, another body, that of a young woman, came and landed on the man's body, pressing him further against the window.

"Ahh!"

"Somebody do something!"

One of the supposedly-dead man's eyes slid open.

"AHHH!"

Minutes later, they had stopped the ship and brought both bodies aboard. Rocket sniffed them.

Mantis, who had a hand resting on each of their foreheads, gasped. "They are not dead!"

"What? How could they still be alive?"

Envy was peering down at the rescued woman. "Is it just me or does this woman bear a striking resemblance to myself?"

"No, not at all," said Drax, completely serious. "She is fair-skinned, and you are orange-skinned. And she wears armour."

Envy gave him a look of, you don't say.

"No, Envy's right," agreed Gamora, coming to join her sister at the woman's side. "There's actually quite a resemblance." This was true - despite the obvious difference in skin colour and clothing, the two women had the same build, same height, and same features. Both even had variations of red hair. It was an obvious, rather striking resemblance.

"Yeah, weird," remarked Quill.

"Very weird," agreed Envy, nodding.

Mantis placed her hand on the man's forehead. "He is anxious and angry. He feels tremendous loss and guilt."

"Well, let's find out what he's so angry about," said Quill. "Wake him up."

Before Mantis could work her magic, the man shot up, startling everyone, and jumped off the table. Everyone reached for their weapons.

"Who the hell are you guys?" he demanded.

"More like, who the hell are you?" Everyone turned to Quill. "What? It's a classic comeback."

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: to wipe out half the universe," explained Gamora, after the Guardians had settled on that the man, Thor, and his friend were not enemies, only more of Thanos's victims. "He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre."

"Including my own," spoke up Drax solemnly.

"And mine," stated Thor.

"And we used to help him," added Envy softly.

"If he gets all the Infinity Stones he could do it with a snap of his fingers-" Gamora snapped. "-Just like that."

"You seem to know a great deal about this Thanos," Thor remarked. It turned out that Thor, King of Asgard, and his people had been travelling to Earth when their ship was ambushed and viciously attacked by Thanos.

There was silence amongst the Guardians until Drax spoke up. "Gamora is the daughter of Thanos."

"Dude!" cried Quill.

"And Envy too."

"Drax!"

"Shut up!"

"What?" Drax asked, completely oblivious. "He wondered, so I told him the truth."

Thor was now approaching the green and orange-skinned women. "Your father killed my brother."

"Oh boy," said Rocket. Groot was once again too busy with his game.

"Uh, hey, hey, wait!" Quill cried, trying to stall Thor, who looked ready to attack. "Stepfather, actually. They hate him as much as you do - we all do!"

But it turned out that Thor meant no harm. He only reached out and placed a supportive hand on each of the women's shoulders. "Families can be tough, can't they? I mean me, I have a brother who turned out to be adopted and my father never told us. And then, right before he died, my father told us that we had a half-sister, the Goddess of Death, who he imprisoned in Hel, who stabbed me in the eye and who we had to kill. But that's life, though, right? I feel your pain."

"Well I feel your pain as well, you know," interjected Quill. He had been particularly displeased with Thor's kind hand on Gamora's shoulder.

But he was interrupted. "No, no, no..."

Their attention was caught by a new voice, that of the unconscious young woman, who was, evidently, coming back to consciousness, her words becoming more and more a sob.

Thor quickly fled to her side. "Sigyn? Sigyn, it's alright, I'm here."

Her eyelids slowly fluttered open. "Thor? W-where are we?"

"It's alright, we're safe now. These are the Guardians, they rescued us."

"Well, more like you crashed into our ship, but sure, we rescued you," said Rocket.

The realization settled upon her. "No!" She was suddenly on her feet, palms pressed against the window. "No, no! We can still save them, all of them! No!" She beat a fist against the glass.

"Sigyn," Thor said gently, trying to sooth her. "There's nothing more we can do, they're all gone I'm afraid. Loki's gone..."

"H-he comes back, he always comes back to us," she cried. "But he's not coming back this time, is he?"

Thor shook his head. "No, not this time."

(Loki :.( I'm really hoping he'll come back! ;) But yay the Guardians are here, haha! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 64.1K 54
The infinity stones restores the balance of the universe. Collecting them all together, it can make your desire come true but to a price. Thanos use...
336 6 3
Time decided to interfere, not liking the way the Fates planned everything. A little tweak here, a little tweak there. Stephen Strange defeated Dorma...
19.5K 321 46
~Includes some mature themes like sexual content, violence, death, and torture~ Alika Maximoff was a playful but protective sibling. When her brother...
408K 9.1K 40
⚠️⚠️Contains spoilers for both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame ⚠️⚠️ ⚠️⚠️I do not own any of the characters, plots or dialogue, save for...