V I G I L A N C E ~ (Marvel)...

By JadenSeptum

(NOT JUST A LOKI STORY - this story is about many marvel characters as well as Esther Mason and Loki Laufeyso... More

I N T R O_
C H A P T E R 1_
C H A P T E R 2_
C H A P T E R 3_
C H A P T E R 4_
C H A P T E R 5_
C H A P T E R 6_
C H A P T E R 7_
C H A P T E R 8_
C H A P T E R 9_
C H A P T E R 1 0_
C H A P T E R 1 1_
C H A P T E R 1 2_
C H A P T E R 1 3_
C H A P T E R 1 4_
C H A P T E R 1 5_
C H A P T E R 1 6_
C H A P T E R 1 7_
C H A P T E R 1 8_
C H A P T E R 1 9_
C H A P T E R 2 0_
C H A P T E R 2 1_
C H A P T E R 2 2_
C H A P T E R 2 3_
C H A P T E R 2 4_
C H A P T E R 2 5_
C H A P T E R 2 6_
C H A P T E R 2 7_
C H A P T E R 2 8_
C H A P T E R 2 9_
S O N G T H E M E S_
C H A P T E R 3 0_
C H A P T E R 3 1_
C H A P T E R 3 2_
C H A P T E R 3 4_
C H A P T E R 3 5_
B O O K 2 P R E V I E W_

C H A P T E R 3 3_

184 9 9
By JadenSeptum

(song above dedicated to Loki and Esther)

NATASHA:

I pull out the glove with attached fingerprints and slip it over my hand. Pressing it carefully to the wall panel, I wait for it to say approved before Stark takes out his device that has captured a retinal scan.

I glance over my shoulder at the mimics that slam their bodies against the barricade, the metal sound echoing into the bunker.

WANDA:

"Thor! Keep that protected! We need to give Natasha and Stark as much time as we can!" Captain America says as he fires his battle rifle at the approaching mimics, the shells of the bullets flying out behind him as the loud sound pierces my ears.

Thor changes his footing and throws out his hammer, the weapon flying around us as it takes out aliens that fling themselves at us and him while he stretches out his hand and lets lighting come from the sky, the bolt going straight through the mimic that was throwing its tentacle hands against Iron Man's barrier, the electric energy smiting the others around it that do the same before Mjolnir comes back and he and his Warriors Three, along with the rest of us, go over there to make that our central point of defense.

I throw up my hands to catch a fireball headed straight towards us and flip my arms, letting it rocket to the left and explode into a group of aliens running this way instead. I send a bold of red to the right that claims another and sends it flying back before I do it again ahead of me. "Cap these things aren't getting any less in number!" I say to him as I stand at his side, sending out a wave of red mist to catch a whole bunch before a soldier to my left sends a grenade out to send them to oblivion.

"We can't stop! This is our last stance!"

I nod and continue fighting but my head is becoming dizzy from all of the power I am using, my legs aching and body sore from all it's had to go through.

Regardless of this I do just as he says and when one of them gets too close to him as he pounds on another's face with his fists, I throw out my hands and catch it, holding my hands apart before I slam them together, its head crushing completely and I send its body aside to slam against another away from reaching Volstagg.

Sif spins in the air and swings her blade before her, letting it rip an alien's limbs off before she stands on one knee when it flies above her and falls into an entanglement on the snow. She then readies herself as another flies her direction and she slides on her knees, sending her spear blade forward just at the right moment so that it goes into its constantly opened mouth and impales the demon as the other stands up. I send out a bolt of energy forward to kill it so that she can retrieve her weapon but one of them slams into her before I can do anything and my heart stops when I jump and look behind me, one of them an inch from my face but I see Cap holding it from me with his bare hands, his expression strained as he clenches his teeth then with an unprecedented amount of strength, cries out and rips the thing's head in half the mouth out, is blood slinging onto his arms before he  drops the body at his feet.

My eyes are wide as they could be and I have no words but I am given no cahcne before he says, "Look out!" and is about to throw his shield but I spin around and catch the beast in midair, making my fist into a fan to let it's limbs all break from its body and Rogers sends his vibranium disk through its body.

I glance over my shoulder to see that Sif is fine as well.

This isn't over yet.

ESTHER:

"Stark, we're in position. Shut off the shield," I say into my ear piece as I walk over towards the brain at the center of the room. Loki and I crouch down and I remove the bomb from my back. "If this works it should create a hole in the bottom of the ship and we can leave out of it. If Thor's in position, we'll have a ride."

"We'll need to clear out before it detonates," he tells me with a brow lifted.

"We'll get out of range."

"And what if―"

A sudden ear shattering sound occurs as we are thrown off our feet flying opposite directions as the bomb bounces away. My body tumbles back against my neck before my head hits the metal and my vision blurs for a moment.  My whole body is in pain and I cringe, the noise not seizing as I bend up to take a look, seeing a ship that has crashed through the metal on the bottom of the massive vessel and is sticking halfway inside, the pilot station broken open on the top as if someone―

I am kicked hard in the side and my body launches into the air until it hits a root and I tumble onto the floor, gasping to get the wind back inside of me. I look up to see Nebula standing there with her metal arm ripped up on the side and her suit torn in places, heaving with anger as she glares at me, her gun not on her anymore. "I won't fail again!" she screams in fury before she pulls out her swords and charges for me.

I use what strength I have left to teleport away before she gets to me, her sword coming down and slicing the root in have, the metal blade scraping against the floor and creating sparks.

I stand up but before she can sprint to me again ice slams into her body out of nowhere, knocking her back into the air.

Loki stands up and tries to find the explosive and so do I. But I don't see it and soon enough she's back up and I have to prepare for a fight because I'm not getting through this without killing her.

I pull out my claws because it's the only weapon I have left, glaring at her when I'm on my feet in a fighting stance. She gets up and looks back at me.

"Bring it on, you blue bitch."

She cries out and lunges for me with her blades laced in purple energy and I catch her arm just before she can slice me.

CLINT:

"Hulk!" I call out but he's nowhere and I fire arrow after arrow into the bodies of these demons until one of them fires an energy shot at me so hard it makes me fly back and hit my back against the control console. Cringing I glance down at my armor that hasn't yet been pierced. "That's gonna leave a bruise."

I face the demon before he can slice me in half and dodge his swing, letting his sword cut into the metal and send sparks everywhere as I kick him from his place, his body stumbling back with his sword still stuck where it was. I have to duck before another bullet hits me, it making a burned spot in the metal wall instead before I send an arrow his way, and watch it stick into the gun barrel and detonate, creating a massive explosion of energy and killing a whole group of them at the doorway.

I look over to my left when the ship starts making noises and I feel gravity shift. The whole vessel has stopped moving and this bastard just caused it.

I pull out another―am I seriously out of arrows?

I growl angrily but instead run forward and duck from being punched, catching his arm before I leap onto his large super-strength body and pull him to the ground with my legs, snapping his neck. "Yeah... Natasha's not the only one who knows that move."

But just then I am hit hard by something and I slam against the controls, my head hitting the side and making me see stars as dizziness takes me. "Fuck..." I curse just before the thing lunges at me again and I grab his arms, his hands gripping my throat as he chokes me to death with immense strength.

NATASHA:

Stark puts his phone to the panel. "Alright, JARVIS, crack the code," he says.

"Hurry up," I say to him as I watch the AI go through all of the numbers, my heart racing as I hear all of the commotion outside.

WANDA:

Cap chucks his shield ahead of us, it sticking halfway into a mimic that roars but then its light goes out and he makes the disk come back to him, the alien's body falling at his feet before he takes out his rifle. I catch four of them before they go any further and let Steve rip them to pieces with his weapon. I throw up my hands to create a forcefield before three fireballs come down on us and explode above us, fires lacing the light over our heads.

We hear a horrid sound and I drop my hands, looking right as a mimic takes out Hogun in a flash, yanking him right off the battlefield and out of view as it rips his body to shreds and Thor and his friends exclaim.

My eyes grow wide in horror but I am turned back to my fight when one of them tackles Steve and tries to keep him captive, fires ablaze inside the monster as if he's going to blast flames into my man's face.

I cry out and tear the animal off him with my mist, Cap letting bullets loose from his gun when the demon is far enough off him, the screeching coming from the creature's mouth as its flesh is ripped apart.

"Look out!"

Just then an explosion knocks me off my feet and against the ground, my palms grasping snow as I cough and feel dizzy. I look ahead at the waves monsters that look nonstop, spotting one of them that is a different color than the rest.

I look behind me at the barricade to see our heroes getting back on their feet but... Stark's machine is busted completely. The way into the bunker now exposed.

PIETRO:

I race through the tunnels with lightning speed, skidding down to lop off the legs of a Chitauri soldier before I get up and continue, putting my foot on the wall to jump and slice open another's throat ahead of me.

I am getting closer as these demons get more frequent the way to the portal near. I grab a warrior's arm and throw him into his partner before running and smashing my foot against another ahead, his body falling right off the ledge behind him. I race down along the wall and jump into the next doorway that leads me deeper into the ship.

ESTHER:

I jump into the air and spin, kicking her across the face and she stumbles but lunges for me again, swinging her sword as I bend back to avoid it and throw a punch to her arm that almost creates a dent. She whirls around, slicing her weapon through the air to knock Loki's throwing blade off its path before she flips back through the air and her metal foot hits me in the mouth and I drop, stumbling back when I taste blood on my tongue, my lip bleeding now.

Loki charges and leaps at her, bearing his teeth as he comes down on her with the sword he stole from the aliens. She turns to form her knives into an "X" and capture his blade, sending her foot against his abdomen before he pulls his sword free and tries to slash across her stomach, her bending back just enough to avoid it before she kicks the sword from his hand and leaps onto him, her legs wrapped around him as she attempts to slice his throat but he grabs her arms, clenching his teeth to keep her at bay and that's when her arms begin to freeze solid and she has to let go, Loki throws her onto the ground.

I jump and try to slash her across the face but she moves her head from the spot and sweeps both her legs to trip me, a grunt leaving my lips when I hit the ground. She leaps on top of me and Loki immediately kicks her off. She springs to her feet as he jumps over my body to fight her, throwing his blade down at her shoulder only for hers that now have purple mist around them to come up and slice his sword in half before her foot kicks him back.

I stand up and blast fire from my hands, torching her body as hot as I can before I realize she's running through the flames and right at me with a battle cry. I widen my eyes and duck before she slices my head clean off.

She spins around to come at me again when she realizes I have moved and I block it with ice over my bracers, the weapon sticking into it and breaking it apart into pieces that fly in all directions. I throw a round house kick that she ducks from and swipes her sword for me. I catch her arm and uppercut her jaw with my claws that rip at her rubbery flesh. She spins and tries to slice me again with the purple blades but leap into the air backwards and land down on one knee, a shockwave of fire and wind knocking her back into Loki when he runs and slices her side, his blade getting lodged into the metal at her waist before she tumbles and slides, stopping with her hand clenching the ground and glares at him.

Loki and I stand side by side as we face her as Andromeda and King of Ice.

I light my hands on fire as she cries out and runs for us and we charge at her in return, Loki summoning his cuff blades as I get my claws ready. I let out a battle cry when I slide down on my knees to avoid her sword and sink my claws into her shin, yanking her down hard as she rolls and comes back up, whirling around to face Loki when he bends down to slice open her stomach, her blade catching his before she twirls it and strikes at his head. He blocks with his wrist and grabs her throat with his frozen hands, her crying out from the pain as he bears his teeth and I run for her, a growl coming out of my throat like a beast before I lunge forward and swipe my claws up, lopping off her metal arm as pieces of the electronics break apart and black liquid sprays from the wound.

Before Loki can strike the winning blow she roars out and uses her gem to create a purple explosion that knocks him from her and the pressure sends me back as well, stumbling and trying to stay on my feet.

Loki tumbles on the ground once before catching himself and leaping to his feet, casting his hand to send Ice all around us.

I whirl fire around my body as I run at her, her dodging ice spikes on the frozen ground and I leap through the air, my arm so hot I break through a massive formation of ice and land down on top of her, both of us hitting the ground before I stand up and smash my foot against her face and she uses her legs to knock me over, ready to stab me just before a flying blade knocks hers from her hand.

She cries out in anger and uses her gem to force me back with power, my body flying through the air but Loki catches me and then lunges for her. I catch up with him and charge ahead back into the fight.

CLINT:

I turn and fire more arrows out the door after I have recollected some, using my fists or their swords to fight back as well when necessary. I am struggling to get to the control station to get this thing moving again but I am kicked over and I stumble, gripping the floor before getting back up and sending my own foot to one at my left. I grab a sword from the ground and dodge before being shot at, running forward and ducking from a blow to throw my sword around and cut an alien in half through the abdomen, getting its blood all over me before I grab another's wrist and send the blade into the gut of the beast. I run for the controls and finally reach them―a laser bullet hits me in the stomach to knocks me back away from the command desk and against the floor in pain.

WANDA:

"Steve!" I shout as loud as I can over the noise but he's in the midst of a bloodbath and that alpha is heading right into battle.

"Irons take it out!" I hear someone say in my ear piece.

"No!" I cry out. But I watch the tank swerve its head around and I have no time. Charging forward as fast as I can, I whip both hands up and use all the strength I have when the loud boom cracks my ears and the energy of crimson mist before me catches the tank bullet in the air. I cringe and then twirl my hands to send it back against a wave of small mimics in the trees.

NATASHA:

We have bypassed the second lock and are heading down the stairway to the underground facility. "Moving to phase three! We're hacking into the system for the codes now! Barton, where are we?" I say into the communicator.

There is no answer as Stark and I run into the room where the missiles are fired from.

I look at him when we don't get a reply. "Clint!" I try again.

WANDA:

Dodging a fireball, I leap over to where Ford and the others are. "Are you crazy?!"

"What the hell are you―?"

"We can't kill an alpha or this whole day will reset! And they'll know what we are doing!"

"That thing is headed for the Black Widow and Iron Man―what else should we do?!"

"Keep your men from firing at it!" I say sternly but then look over to see the creature flying past everyone and leaping straight for the door into the bunker.

PIETRO:

I cry out and fly through two soldiers as they fire their weapons at me, the large laser bullets burning my armor but not even close to piercing it before I slice their bodies apart and slam through the door into a long room. There are experiments going on everywhere and things that Nebula or maybe someone else helped her with. I think she stole the portal that Loki and Barton and the others had been working on. But the most noticeable thing in the room is the portal on the opposite side; hole into space itself with the grounds of some kind of unknown planet on the other side that sends out soldiers when they're made ready.

In a panic, look over at the machine that's generating it and see the Tesseract placed there inside it, powering the whole thing.

Carefully I walk over to it, my eyes observing the various moving parts before I reach to―"Ah!" I pull my hand back because of the burn I get when I touch the barrier that won't let me get near any of it. This is a problem.

I reach back and press the button that makes my arm blade come out. I set my jaw in determination as I look at the central... well it looks important so if I hit that I'm sure it will shut down. I thrust my fist towards it and the blade hits the energy field and bounces off, my foot stumbling back a tad. I try it again and use all the strength I have to hold it towards the machine, trying to break the barrier but it's being held back as if it just can't get through, like an invisible hand is holding my arm as I try to press further in. Finally I see my blade glowing as if it's getting hot and I pull it back, taking a breath...  I won't be able to break it... And I look around at some cords that are plugged into it, thinking as fast as I can before breaking them all but... nothing changes.

"Shit..."

ESTHER:

I cry out and tackle her, grabbing her and using force to throw her body against an ice sculpture behind her as her back hits it and it cracks. But before she can move it freezes over her body and I leap over to slash her face but before I can she roars and breaks it all with a shockwave of purple, the pressure knocking me backwards but I land on my feet and growl, charging for her again as she brawls with Loki now.

She fights like a fierce beast, even more intentional to kill than I usually am. And Loki doesn't show her one bit of mercy. She has killed so many people at this point she doesn't deserve it. Even though she only has one arm she doesn't slow down and uses her gem as energy when she sends purple force against us and continuously pulls us back and creates barriers so that we can't ever get a fatal blow on her. And I am running out of energy myself, and very quickly.

When I leap at her I go for her legs, trying to slice one off but I only am able to scrape it along the side before she whirls around and kicks me onto my stomach. I grunt and get even more furious. I stand up when she knocks Loki back so hard he hits his head against the ground, and jam my claws into her side. She cries out, glaring at me before I try to yank them out but they're stuck. She tries to stab me but I dodge it just barely and light my hands on fire, leaping onto her to try and burn her to death as she fights back, gripping my arm with her free one as both of us cry out in rage, her metal hand trying to crush mine and it hurts but I fight back with all the power I have, glaring daggers of death into her evil eyes that suddenly turn purple and a pressure pushes my body through the air and suddenly a feel my back and head hit the ground hard, stars flashing over my vision as my head stings. The power was so great it split open the wound in my side that is now bleeding out, my lip also getting a taste of iron when I spit up blood. I am so drained and my legs so weak I don't know how I'm going to move...

WANDA:

I charge forward with all the strength I have, my legs hitting the ground over and over until I am close enough to the entrance and I throw up my hands, catching the beast with telekinesis as red mist surrounds the four limbs made of silver tentacles with blue light lacing the body, its open mouth frozen as its eyes know I am here... and it knows I am keeping it still. It's trying so hard to break free and I use everything I have to hold it back, my teeth clenched as I focus as hard as I can.

Steve has stopped what he was doing and his eyes widen when he sees me and what is going on. He slams the mimic's head into a tree before he runs to me and throws up his shield, catching a ball of fire before it reaches where I stand. Suddenly these monsters are barreling through the open way into the bunker and the other half is heading straight for me as if they are all working together. Which they are.

"Unit One help me out! Cover the door! Thor! Protect Wanda!" He throws out his shield again to let slice another's body in sheer half and the one behind it before he brings it back and gunfire rains down on the doorway where the others come in. Bolts of lightning stream past me, sending my eyes with a bright light as these monsters are impaled with electric strikes that go right through their bodies and fry others.

I hold on with all I have but my head is getting light.

NATASHA:

I look above me as the sound of those monsters occurs on the floor overhead. "Stark, you may wanna hurry."

"Working as fast as I can, sweetheart," he sasses but he is just as worried as I am now. "JARVIS, help out our boys."

That's when a small device unhooks from the back of his suit and flies to the first floor. It looks like some kind of turret like the other one but smaller, running on energy repulsors instead of bullets and missiles.

I pick up my rifle as the noise above gets louder, pointing it at the doorway to prepare. I have to defend him with everything I have.

CLINT:

I am being overwhelmed completely up here because something tells me they know what I am doing. I slam one's head into the side console and kick back another, picking up a gun from the ground and firing it at the ones who shoot at a distance. I get instant headshots on each but one of them tackles me with surprising strength from behind. I tumble on the ground and stand up, pulling a knife from my belt before throwing it through the air swiftly, it sticking into the soldier's eye before I turn around and load an arrow.

The bow is shot from my hand as I cry out a tad from the burn on my palm, looking at it before my eyes go to one more gunman who ran in here. I am taken down by more of these monsters who hold me at sword point, my calf bleeding from when one of them sliced me.

I think this is it for me when I'm completely surrounded but then a familiar roar hits my ears and a giant green oaf comes running in, breaking the doorway before he slams into the beasts and grabs them by the handful, biting off one's head and throwing them around like rag dolls. I join in when I click a button on my armband that makes the arrows closest to me retrieve into my quiver. I make it rain on these bastards as Hulk and I take them out, the beast biting their limbs off and tears their bodies apart as I use explosive arrows to finish them all off and other precise hits to kill the ones in the distance that threaten us with firearms.

When they're all dead I turn the ship back on course and take a breath. "Where the hell have you been?" I say, fed up.

PIETRO:

"Hey, Hawk, we have a problem," I say as more aliens run through the portal and I flash in between them, slashing their bodies apart with my blades.

When I stop he answers with, "What?" sounding really exhausted and hurt.

A gunshot flies past my chest and I look over at the only alien left at the end of the room. I dash forward in half a second to stab through his throat before coming right back to where I was. "This portal isn't going to be able to be shut down... I don't have enough firepower. I fear no one does. This barrier is pure energy."

I dash forward and lop off an alien's arm that enters through the wormhole.

"Then get the hell out of there!"

I stop... when I get a glimpse into the darkness... I spot massive wale like creatures that float through the space with teeth like sharks, armies of Chitauri soldiers and ships that scatter about the world beyond, a massive ship up in the skies that I almost didn't see because of how large and black it was...

"What the hell...?" I whisper.

WANDA:

"Look out!" I hear from someone but it's too late and a bomb hits all of us, throwing me off my feet and my face slams against the snow. My head throbs and every bone in my body aches. I look up at the alpha that leaps past everyone, it knocking Thor to the side when the prince ties to intercept it and distract it. It only has one goal and it knows it can't be stopped.

"Wanda!" I hear Steve's voice say as an echo in my head. But I can't move. When I am able to look down I notice blood all over the snow and my legs have been burned so badly they don't even look like legs anymore. I am numb with pain as I watch these monsters devour my friends.

ESTHER:

I manage to stand up, watching her brawl with Loki as he kicks her so hard her knee breaks out of place and she returns by using a forceful punch to his abdomen that there's no way he didn't break a rib and he falls back. I run forward, ignoring the pain I am in and fueling myself with anger instead.

This is over now.

I step forward with the blood dropping onto the floor and immediately sizzling until it burns up as my footprints leave fire spots on the ground and flames dance over my body. I let myself boil with rage before leaping at her, my claws hot with fire as she puts her joint back in place and I leap into the air, crying out and tackling her to the floor and tumbling once with my legs until I get back up and charge once more, throwing my hand out to claw her face before she blocks it with her arm and spins to kick me but I duck just in time, smashing my fist against her knee she just fixed and hearing a pop from the metal. I dodge from her when she tries to stab down my shoulder and trip her with my leg, her body almost hitting the ground but she catches herself and throws her body over me, tackling me with her leg holding my neck to the floor.

I roar and put my hand as hot as the sun against her metal leg and watch it begin to glow orange. She lifts her weapon to stab me instead but I blast her with ice until she can't and I use force to knock her off me.

CLINT:

"Get out and meet us at the rendezvous point in the flight bay!" I say to Pietro as I stick explosive arrows all over the console, manage the controls, and watching the ship's location numbers get closer to the ones that describe the destination...

"Barton, where are we?" Stark asks.

I watch the numbers click into different ones slowly... until they match.

"We're there!" I say and back up, taking out two more Chitauri before Hulk joins me. "Wait for my call!" I ignite my arrows and blow the installment so that no matter what the aliens do we are now stuck here.

"Where's Quicksilver?" I hear Darcy's voice ask.

PIETRO:

I run through the tunnels and over the bodies of aliens I had killed to make it back to the door I opened. I have to take the longer because I can run down a wall but not back up it. Either way I let my feet slam against the slick metal floor as my heart beats fast. I know Wanda is hurt and my soul can't handle anything happening to her. God if she's dead... don't let her be dead. Take my instead...

When I stop I see the door I had propped open with the gun and it strains to close but the weapon is about to break.

I charge forward as fast as I can when it shatters and the doors fly together but I leap to it and―slam against the metal so hard it dislocates my shoulder and I fall back with pain shooting through my body.

I cringe and stand up. "No, no, no!" I run over to the panel as my shoulder is on fire and use my other hand to press on the panel that opens it but nothing works and my heart rate triples.

NATASHA:

Stark's turret fires ruthlessly at these beasts but there are too many and when I hear it crush I know what is happening. Everything quiets as I see a blue light up the stairwell...

I look back at Tony who just tries to work his hardest to get us in the system. But the creature leaps down through the stairs and I hear the terrifying sound echo into the room as I keep my gun ready, my palms warm as I only hear myself breathe...

But then I remember... that I can't fire at it... so I lower my gun... "Where are we?" I ask him quietly without moving.

"Almost there..."

If we get there right on time we can launch the nukes before that thing kills us... but we can't fool around... So I prepare my nets and things to try and slow it down as I wait for it to find us.

"Say your prayers..." I mutter as we near our end.

THOR:

I whirl my hammer around to smash it into the head of the mimic that lunges for me, casting out my other hand to let lighting strike through three more as they get more frequent with all the noise.

One of them slams into me and knocks me off my feet with surprising force as I wrestle with the beast that strikes me in various places before Sif slices the monster in half and it flings from my body. It only pierced my armor in two places but I stand up anyway to keep fighting, watching our allies be taken over with this army and Rogers is fighting off four all by himself.

STEVE:

Mjolnir flies past me and through two aliens behind me as the third launches onto me and bites and claws at my shield while I try to keep them from getting to the Scarlet Witch lying on the ground unconscious.

As I fight it I glance to my left to see one of them leap onto Ford's back and stab him through the stomach with one of its tentacles.

I roar out in anger and shove the beast off me, lunging at it to slam it against a tree and shove my shield into its neck to slice the head off before I turn and throw a grenade at three of them that run this direction, watching their limbs be blown off before I have to leap to avoid being hit by a firebomb, my body hitting the ground hard as I cringe and try to get back up.

ESTHER:

I lunge at Nebula as I use fire and Loki uses ice, the battlefield becoming full of elements as she destroys spikes of ice when they attempt toe impale her, purple force breaking them all apart like glass before I come at her with flames like a wild jungle cat that conjures fires from the oxygen and bury her inside them as she creates a bubble around her to try and keep the heat from her with all the power she has but I collide with her, twirling my blade made of ice and clashing it with her metal one over and over as she backs up to block each blow best she can with one arm but her skill is royal, being trained by the destroyer of worlds himself.

I spin in the air and land my foot down on her head, her body hitting the ice before she destroys it with power and blocks my frost blade that comes down on her head, it breaking in half and sending shards of ice everywhere before I conjure two more and slice towards her stomach as she leaps into the air and dodges it, landing and throwing a wave of power to me a that I miss and throw flames up at her but she roars and shoves me back with force again, this time it hitting me and knocking me off my feet into the ice behind me, my back hitting it before she cries out and comes down on me, my head ducking as her sword slices the formation up behind her, her weapon sticking into the ice and I kick her back hard.

She pulls up both her hands when her eyes turn bright purple and twists them, my insides ripping as I cry out and fall back, the force that she uses hitting my weak spot in my stomach before I stumble and she leaps into the air, her foot hitting my head so hard I instantly fall down with pain shooting through my whole body like I've never felt before.

And when I look up she has Loki's ray gun and is pointing it right at me.

  __________________________  

(song: "And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad" by Hans Zimmer)

(song: "Battle" by Steve Jablonsky)

(song: "Go Big or Go Extinct (Patrick Stump Remix)" by Lorne Balfe and Ramin Djawadi)

(song: "The Fire Rises" by Hans Zimmer)

(song: "Sam on the Roof" by Steve Jablonsky)

(song: "Final Test" by Junkie XL)

(song: "Prime Versus Bee" by Steve Jablonsky)

(song: "No Pulse" by Ramin Djawadi)

(song: "Brothers in Arms" by Junkie XL)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 822 28
Let's get one thing straight- Ava Wilder was picked up by the Avengers for two reasons: her magic skillset and her ability to burn NYC to the ground...
117K 3.8K 80
You where a normal girl with a military brother Bucky and his best friend Steve. You got to come with Steve on his tour to keep an eye on you after y...
14.2K 406 27
The Queen of Atlantis meets the God of Mischief Two odd characters fall in love under strange circumstances Come join the avengers and fight along...
Collide By Marie

Fanfiction

7.9K 431 53
She hated him with everything she had. He had betrayed her, and in doing so, she was stripped of her title, and banished to another realm. She had s...