Blissful Oblivion || a collec...

Af EMPG22HoPe

"Because it's pretty obvious now that for us to stay sane, we need to be together." An A-Z series of Drastori... Mere

Auror
Bluebell Flames
Candid
Escapade
Felicity
Grounded
Hope

Devotion

666 14 0
Af EMPG22HoPe

BLISSFUL OBLIVION

An A-Z series of Drastoria one-shots

by EMPG22HoPe

The weight of a family scuffle with Draco's parents leads to long showers, sweet kisses and blissful songs.

Days in the sun will return
We must believe as lovers do

DEVOTION

"Wash my hair for me?" Draco's low voice asked; the sound echoing off the walls of their large bathroom—a contrast to the jets of the shower's waters jouncing off their bodies.

"Such a demanding man. Even in marriage." Astoria giggled as she lathered some shampoo up in her hand, sighing contentedly when she felt him plant a small kiss on her collarbone, the one kiss slowly turning into trails of kisses from there up to her nape, then down her spine.

Today was not a kind day for either of them. If there was anything more stressful about their marriage, it was only the fusion of their families. The first visit was lunch with the Greengrasses. Astoria's father was relentless as always, her mother a little proud and her sister—still sneering but attempting to accept Astoria's new bond. Then it got worst at dinner with the Malfoys when Narcissa and Lucius still tried to find ways to insult Astoria again... again. Their disapproval was probably far worse than her parents are on Draco.

So when Lucius and Narcissa finally left Malfoy manor, it was only her and Draco now. Finally. The fact that they've both managed to survive yet another weekend with either of their parents was a miracle beyond words. And the only way to de-stress from all the drama was to be together, the only comfort they've ever known these days.

"I'm sorry about my parents." She heard him murmur against her skin, just at the nape of her neck. Astoria hummed; turning to meet him. Draco looked to be too old for his still young age. Apparently, it's what all these family dinners do to him. It pained her to see him in such a way.

Her thoughts were shattered when she felt a delightful chill run down her spine at the touch of her husband's lips on her skin once more, planting small kisses on her cheek, forehead and nose. "They can be..."

"A tad bit annoying? Yes, I've known even before we were married. I do remember being told unfit to wed my son." Astoria said in a mocking voice of Narcissa Malfoy before giggling. She lathered her hands up with soap before she placed her soapy hands on Draco's hair.

Astoria heard a small sigh escape her husband's lips as he turned around for her to get a better reach of lathering up his white blonde hair. He always did like having his hair washed, moreover her running her fingers through them.

"They're a pain in my ass, but it's worth it. Just being with you." Draco hummed as he leaned his head back a little into her small hands. She could see his shoulders loosen, relax, even to her gentle touch. "Remind me never to piss you off."

A moving image of her night with Lucius and Narcissa flashed before her mind and she couldn't help but smirk in the slightest. Her in-laws hated Astoria, she can take it upon herself to accept that. But when they had tried to berate Draco, blaming their own son for his incompetence to find a decent pure-blood wife without strong opinions—strong opinions being her muggle-loving lifestyle—well, Astoria simply lost it.

The moment Lucius Malfoy opened his mouth to insult his own son, Astoria's wand had been out and she had hexed the old man with a stinging jinx to the face. It caused an uproar within dinner, though that scuffle was mostly Narcissa screeching at Astoria and trying to get her husband to St. Mungo's for treatment. Draco, on the other hand, had been too stunned to make any sort of movement towards his father as he watched his parents floo out of the manor.

It was the first time Astoria had ever acted out on a whim. She wasn't usually so violent. But she couldn't help to shut her father-in-law up in one way. But she would do it all over again just to see the smug look on her in-laws faces wiped off.

Astoria laughed softly this time, feeling heat rise up to her cheeks. "I'm sorry about that. I hope your father's okay."

She had apologized profusely to Draco after dinner when she realized what she had just done. Her husband merely laughed and kissed her full on the lips after she felt the anxiety of her actions kick in. It surprised her how proud he seemed.

"He'll be fine. He's been through a worst lot than a stinging jinx from his daughter-in-law." Draco replied with a chuckle. "I'm just shocked, is all. I feel I should marry you again. Renew our vows for the simple fact of you standing up to my father."

"Oh, you are cruel," Astoria said bashfully, the red in her cheeks as bright as ever as her fingers glided through her husband's hair still. "You know I'm not usually like that. But he was so awful, and I couldn't bear it. Do you think I should send them a gift basket for what I did? Oh, they will hate me forever."

This time, Draco turned to look down on her. Amusement seemed to be written across his face, though not without the fondness he always seemed to hold whenever she was with him. "You can be so... nice sometimes, Astoria."

"Is that an insult?" She asked, slightly taken aback.

Draco laughed before he shook his head in amusement. Her heart leapt. He looked so handsome and lively whenever he laughs. "Far from it. It takes guts to be kind and gentle as you are."

Astoria's face lit up in delight before she wound her arms around his neck, tiptoeing up to meet his incredible height before she placed a gentle kiss on his nose. Her husband truly knew all the right words to say, which was an improvement, considering how Draco has never been so eloquent with words. But perhaps his being with her has changed that.

They were each other's sturdy rock, after all; of having hope in this insanity of family squabbles.

"Would you sing for me?" he murmured lowly, kissing her chin whilst her lips were still on his nose.

"That's two requests in one." Astoria said between giggles, pulling away and going back down on her height that nearly reaches Draco's nose. "Therefore, you owe me candy after this.

"You need to cut down on that candy bit, love. You're not at Hogwarts anymore." He grinned at her.

Astoria giggled still as she placed a small kiss on Draco's cheek before her husband turned to have his hair washed again. As her fingers slipped through his soapy locks, she started to slowly and melodiously hum him her favorite childhood song.

There was an air of serenity as they proceeded with such a mundane thing as bathing together and allowing themselves the naked vulnerability that has been integrated in their marriage long before they said their vows. She felt herself relax just as her husband's tense shoulders sagged, soon allowing the shower's water to bounce off Draco's hair. Her fingers began to brush the soap off, massaging his scalp as she continued her tune.

"I love to dance, dilly, dilly. I love to sing. When I am queen, dilly, dilly. You'll be my king. Who told me so, dilly, dilly. Who told me so? I told myself, dilly, dilly, I told me so..."

Once her song ended, Draco turned around—hair all clean of the lather of soap she'd been rubbing on his head. Astoria smiled up to him brightly, only to have that smile wiped off when he had swooped down to entrap her lips in a passionate kiss. She melted into the kiss, trailing her fingers against the side of his face and the other running through his soaked hair.

"I love you," Astoria felt him whisper against her lips, feeling his hands travel the length of her body, only to land on surfaces she's been desperate for him to touch all evening.

She returned the words back breathlessly, gasping then when she felt his hand brush at her core. Draco moaned in agreement when her hands traveled down to his. The sound of their admissions soon began to echo throughout the bathroom. Their sweet sighs of relief and pleasure became the sound that gave them all the bliss they could ever ask for.

AN: Admittedly, it's quite short, but I wanted to explore more into a more mundane situation of Draco and Astoria's marriage like I did with Candid. Only this one is a little more intimate, a slight into the depths of their married life. Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

Please don't forget to send me your thoughts in the reviews, and following or clicking favorite for more fics like these! I love hearing what you have to say. It's such an inspiration and drive to keep writing these lovely fics for our favorite pairing. :')

See you all soon,
EMPG22HoPe

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

17.7K 381 20
Two people drastically changed. Both scarred by the horrors of war and plagued by expectation, they somehow find one another and try to make sense of...
266K 7.8K 75
Hermione and Draco return to Hogwarts to complete their 8th year on completely different terms than they first started. Facing challenges after the B...
15.4K 405 25
Astoria is a contradiction. A muggle-loving Slytherin, an underage fighter in the Battle of Hogwarts and the daughter of Death Eaters, a kind girl wi...
2.5K 191 66
Will you keep loving me, even if I'll hurt you? Will you keep loving me, even if I'll use you? Will you love me again, if I won't let go of you? -