Escapade

BLISSFUL OBLIVION

An A-Z series of Drastoria one-shotsby EMPG22HoPe

ESCAPADE

The Three Broomsticks was brimming with students for the weekend. Astoria Greengrass mingled among them, butterbeer in hand as she chatted with her friends and went about from table to table talking to some of the muggle-borns she had gotten close to in the past—albeit terrifying—school year. It seemed like any ordinary day on a cold, winter afternoon.

When she arrived at the bar, she recognized a familiar figure hunched over a glass of butterbeer. His sleek blonde hair was such an immense contrast to his black clothes, the only clothes that person seems to possess these past few months knowing more of him. Astoria, compelled by his lonely figure, sat beside one of the empty seats beside him.

"Need some company?" Astoria asked him brightly, putting down her nearly empty butterbeer on the bar.

Draco turns to look at her and nearly smirked. "You seem to be the only one daft enough to provide it."

Astoria rolls her eyes playfully at him as she leans her arm against the bar, placing her chin on top of her palm to look at him. "Now you're just being gloomy again. Though these days, I didn't expect you to be out and about on weekends."

"Today seemed like a good kind of weekend." Draco gave a noncommittal shrug before taking a generous sip of his butterbeer.

Just before Astoria could jest right back at him, her green orbs caught a very familiar head of blonde hair in the crowd.

Astoria suddenly lost her nerve. The sight of Anthony Goldstein sent a cold shiver down her spine, even more when she saw his arm linked with a pretty Gryffindor girl in a maroon jumpsuit. She gritted her teeth out of envy, though she refused to admit that's what she felt. Seeing her ex at a place like this should not have come as a surprise, but she had been hoping he'd parade his new girlfriend around elsewhere like Madam Pudifoot's or somewhere equally dreadful.

She nearly jumped from her seat when she saw Anthony glance their way. In her surprise, she had clumsily knocked off her glass of butterbeer, spilling what little there was left onto the wooden bar. In the process, she had also managed to grab a hold of Draco's arm, her nails digging into his long-sleeved black shirt.

"Astoria, what—"

"Make out with me." Astoria blurted all of a sudden.

She felt Draco's arm stiffen under her hand, then turned to look at his shocked demeanor.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked with a frown.

"I need you to make out with me. Right. Now." Astoria indicated the words firmly, side-eyeing the sight of Anthony, who seemed to be staring at them intently now. Draco glanced briefly to where she looked moments ago, but she gripped his arm so tight, it caused him to look at her again. "I'll do anything you want, just—"