Letters ➸ Michael Clifford

By hxxdwinked

In which two people meet over a misdirected letter. More

Letters
Half a Suit
Lasagne and The Second Letter
Band Practice
Serenade
Party?
Death Ball
Kisses and Dance Parties.
The Dark Haired Boy
Life Stories
Fiesta's Bring Us Together
Party, Part 2?
Eggs are Sluts
Ginger Jesus
Grudges
Reunion
Forgiven
Burger Barn
It was a peck
Only 2 Weeks
Surprise
Vaginal Excretor
That was new.
Blush
Let's Rock
Epilogue

Jailhouse Rock and Jealousy

1.2K 54 29
By hxxdwinked

A/n

Sooo, I've started doing POV's.... I'm just expirimenting :)

Aunty Louise, Nan, Michael and I sat at the dinner table.  There was no sign of Hudson, maybe he was still at his mates house. I sat next to Aunty Louise, Michael sat across from me, Nan sat next to him. Michael and Nan were closer than I thought, that shared so many inside jokes and memories that I wouldn’t be surprised it Nan whipped out a BFF braclet.

Nan and Aunty Louise were talking out all my childhood moments, Michael laughed every now and then. Everytime he laughed I went a shade pinker.

“I remember when Lil dressed up in Hudson’s Spider-man costume and jumped from couch to couch claiming she could save us from the Green Goblin! And she threw the cauliflower and cheese at the cat, thinking that he was a spy!” Aunty Louise chuckled.

“That was a very eventful Easter! I remember that after we said Grace Hudson came out of his room with a Green Goblin costume. Lil’s face was priceless! But her scream… I don’t think I’ve recovered from that one yet.” Nan laughed.

“That was priceless!” Aunty Louise said and turned to Michael, “She beat him up so hard, she dislocated his shoulder. You definitely don’t want to mess with this one!”

“Spider-Man was cool, okay?” I said in defence.

“Was? More like is!” Michael retorted with a smile.

“You like Spider-Man too?” I awed.

“Who doesn’t?” Michael said as we high fived.

“SO, how is Luke?” Aunty Louise asked.

“’Who’s Luke?” Michael asked, picking at his spaghetti.

Shit. Did I forget to tell him about Luke? How could I forget? How could I miss out on one single detail?

“Luke is my, uh, boyfriend.” I shrugged.

“Oh, cool!” Michael smiled.

There was no hint of jealousy in his eyes at all! Thank God.

*    *    *    *

I work up to a yell. My eyes flicked open. Luke. He didn’t know Michael was here! I got out of bed and ran down stairs so fast Usain Bolt would be jealous.

“Who the yell are you?!” Luke yelled.

Michael stood at the sink, only in his boxers, a glass of water was in his hand.

“shit..” I mumbled.

Luke’s blue eyes flicked to me. His school bagged was dropped at his feet.

“Luke, Michael. Michael, Luke.” I said as casually as I could.

“Letter boy?” Luke asked.

“Whatever floats your boat, Lucas.” Michael teased.

“It’s Luke.” Luke spoke.

“Is there something you want to tell me, Lil?” Luke asked me.

“Michael and Nan are here to look after me until Mum gets back…” I tried to sound oblivious to what he was implying.

“No, I mean-“ Luke was cut off by Nan walking in.

“They’re not fucking, blondie.” Nan said casually. Luke’s jaw dropped. H obviously never expected a women of my nan’s age to speak like that. Obviously he hasn’t met my Nan. 

“Hey, Carol.” Michael smiled and pecked Nan on the cheek.

“Hey, Mikey.” Nan smiled as she made her coffee.

“C’mon, Lil. We have to get going, we don’t want to be late for school.” Luke said awkwardly.

“One, when did you care so much about being late? And two, it’s only 7:30…” I pointed out.

“Oh, right..” Luke scratched the back of his neck.

“I’ll get ready, you stay here and socialize.” I winked.

*    *    *    *

|MICHAELS POV|

It was 5 minutes since Kali had left to get ready and Carol had gone back into her room to finish her book. Lanky Luke leaned on the kitchen counter, he was staring at his shoes, not daring to make eye contact with her.

“Look, I have no intention of fucking Kalila, okay?” I tried to break the silence, though the conversation starter wasn’t the best. But it was all I could think of.

“She doesn’t like to be called Kalila, you call her Lil or nothing.” Luke said to the floor.

Weird, she never mentioned that. She signed off all her letters with Kailia. Plus it was a beautiful name. Kali sounded nice too. Though ‘Lil’, sounded like a nickname for a Lily or Lilian.

“What about Kali?” I asked.

“What? As a nickname? I haven’t heard anyone call her that before… I guess, but you have to ask her if she likes it.” Luke shrugged.

“But why doesn’t she like the name Kalila? It’s a beautiful name!”

“Something to do with her dad, I’m not 100 per cent sure. She never speaks of her dad, and you shouldn’t bring it up, ever.” Luke warned.

Luke seemed like a nice guy, he obviously cared for Kali. I didn’t want to be enemies with this guy, I should ask him for a truce. I don’t want him to think I’m here to steal Kali of him. I’m here for something different, something fresh.

“Look…” I started off. Luke snapped out of his daze and focused on me. “I want us to be mates, or at least not enemies.  I’m not here to steal Kali off you, even though she makes it clear she’s is no one girl but her own. I’m here to start fresh and get some air. Kali just lead me here. He is a nice person, someone I want to be friends with, nothing more! And I wouldn’t mind being friends with you either.”

“Same, I don’t want to start any drama. And I don’t want there to be any conflict which would annoy Lil!” Luke added.

I offered my hand for Luke to shake. “Mates?” I asked.

“Mates.” Luke smiled as he clasped my hand and shook it.

“Wow, bonding so fast?” Kali joked as she walked into the kitchen.

She wore a uniform similar to Luke’s just a female version. Her make-up was light and natural. Her long brown hair was straighten like every other teenage girl. “Well, it’s better than enemies, isn’t it?” I laughed and slung my arm over Luke.

“You guys are getting closer and closer every moment. I better watch out for you Michael, you might steal my guy.” Kali winked.

“I could try, but I am not competition against you.” Michael beamed.

“Whatever, c’mon we better get going!” Luke wiggled out from Michael’s arm.

“mmkay. Byeee Michael, I’ll see you after school!” Kali gave me a hug before picking her bag off the floor.

“Wait, Kali I have band practice after school, are you coming or are you going to hang out with Michael?” Luke asked.

“Ohhh! You play in a band?!” I asked, getting a little excited.

“Yeah, sorta. We need a guitarist-“ Luke didn’t get to finish.

“Ohhh, I play guitar!” This must be why Kali asked me if I played.

“Really? Well you can swing by my house at 4-ish with your guitar if you want!” Luke smiled.

“Coolio! I will do.” I smiled back.

With that they left for school. I guess I will be staying for a while, oh well at least Kali has a comfy couch!

*    *    *    *

|Kali’s POV|

I sat on the couch in Luke’s garage. Every week they changed which garage they practiced in, always rotating from band member to band member. I don’t know why they had to make it all so difficult, after a while I just stopped questioning it and went with the flow. Ashton was setting up his drums, Luke was tuning his guitar and Calum was chilling and playing around with his bass.

Holly sat next to me on the old couch. I guess her and Cal were together, well at least I hoped they were. Cal wouldn’t shut up about her, he would not stop badgering me for advice on girls.

“You know this couch has a weird smell, in fact the car and even Ashton’s garage has the same smell…” Holly observed.

“Like pizza and lynx?” I asked.

“Oh my gosh! That’s the smell! It’s like-“ She started.

“The Aussie guy scent?” I implied.

“That’s it!” We high fived.

Michael walked in, he looked nervous.

“ohhh, who is this?” Holly looked intrigued.

“Michael, he is my friend, a carer of my Nan’s. He is here to audition for the spot of lead guitarist.” I filled her in.

“Hi.” Michael said a little nervously.

“Hiii!” Ashton giggled.

“Hey, I’m Cal!” Calum waved.

“I am the amazing Ashton.” Ashton flexed his muscles.

“Hey, Michael.” Luke smiled at him reassuringly.

“Hi, guys. I’m Michael.” Mikey smiled.

“Ok, well, let’s start of with Check Yes Juilet- We the Kings. Do you know how to play that one, Mikey?” Ashton asked.

“Of course, I love that song!” Michael smiled.

They played through the song. Michael was amazing. It came so naturally to him. He ran around the place, strumming and jumping about. He definitely bought the energy they needed. His voice was also amazing.

Though I couldn’t help but notice how it looked like Luke and Michael were competing through out the whole song. Michael would jump about, then Luke would. Luke would sing louder and even put more strain on his voice. But I didn’t mind, his voice was ear sex.

“They are amazing!” Holly said in my ear as they finished.

“I know.” I agreed.

*    *    *    *

|Luke’s POV|

The boys and I sat around the table at Lil’s house. Ashton and Michael were talking about the band schedule, that’s right he got in, and Calum and Lil were talking about how banana’s are better than strawberries or something. But I sat there, munching on my over priced pizza from Romeo’s.

Michael’s phone was connected to the speakers and was blasting music. Luckily Lil’s Nan was out with Louise.

Jailhouse Rock- Elvis came on through the speakers. For some reason Michael and Lil stopped talking and locked eyes. Both their eyes widened in anticipation. Michael stood up and offered Lil his hand, she took it. Together they stood ontop of the coffee table and started dancing together. Lil screamed in glee as they danced, Michael just chuckled and mimicked some of Elvis’ moves.

Cal and Ash laughed and applauded them, cheering them on. I tried to get in wit the cheering until I realized something. I wasn’t used to another guy being this close with my Lil.

I was Jealous.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.7K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
574K 20.8K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
413K 12.5K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...