Big Book Of Boku No One-Shots

By Cjethan21

Yes! I'm writing this book as a dump for all of my dumb Ideas and plots that may never be written for a full... More

Don't be Dense (DekuMomo)
REQUESTS/RULES
My Stalker and I (IzuToga)
Relationship Upgrade (Meizuku) [threeshot]
Make Me Human (Katsuyu)
Me Myself and I (Special!)
Teacher, We Shouldn't Be Doing This (Izukayama) [Twoshot]
Awkward Convos (Meizuku) [2/3]
The Torch Has Been Snuffed (Izuku x Fem!All for one)

Shrubberies and Vines

7.8K 65 30
By Cjethan21

Izuku was shaking. His hands were supported by his knees as his head was mere millimeters from his palms.

The boy was sitting in a chair facing a bed. His right knee bumping up and down rapidly in nervousness as sweat dripped off his face.

He was in the hospital.

But for the first time, it wasn't him that was in the ICU for breaking almost every bone within his body.

No, it was All Might this time.

Izuku gave the hero a glance from his position, absolutely dreading the state that he was in.

The blond hero... or Ex hero in his current state was strapped to the hospital bed, several tubes inserted into his arms and chest while he brandished numerous bandages around his body. The mere appearance of the ventilator in his mouth and cardiac monitor was a horrendous sight to see.

Izuku felt absolutely horrible.

The fight, Izuku knew that All Might would win. But at what cost?

All for One, Yagi's nemesis was finally downed and behind 5-inch reinforced titanium bars.

Finally, the tyranny days of All for One were finally over.

The fight was gruesome, and had the most collateral damage that the boy has ever seen in his life. Even videos and cartoons couldn't come close to the amount of chaos these two power demons unleashed unto the earth.

But alas, One for All has defeated its kleptomania counterpart in an endurance and show of absolute might.

But no one left unscathed.

All for One was disabled, his quirks the only things still keeping him going. Barely having enough energy to wake up from unconsciousness.

And All Might, he sustained mortal injuries that downed his muscle form into less than 3 seconds.

A ruptured lung, internal bleeding, a mild concussion, 10 cracked ribs, lots of hairline fractures, a beaten liver, broken legs, a cracked spine, and ruptured muscles throughout his body. Doctors say that him lasting this long was a miracle above miracles, he shouldn't even be breathing anymore.

The doctors said that the hero wouldn't be able to continue his work anymore. Hell, they even said that All Might should have major difficulty with practically anything now that he had this extremely close brush with death.

But he said no.

All Might didn't say it, Izuku did.

He argued and argued that All Might was going to come out of that hospital a functioning man, even if he has to desert his hero life. All Might was going to live.

They said that even All Might is human, they said he was no god, they said that even the strongest have moments of weakness, they said people had limits. They said he reached his.

It was out of the bag, everyone knew that All Might was a skeletal blond shell of the man that he used to be.

That day; The day that All Might defeated All for One, there was silence.

The masses cheered him on like no body's business.

But the people who actually knew him, they didn't know what to say.

They were just... breathless.

Izuku wasn't.

He cried.

Tears of bittersweet joy that All For One was finally gone.

Tears of bittersweet regret at seeing the state of his mentor that he was left in.

All Might- No... Yagi Toshinori was more than just the number one hero.

He was the symbol of peace, he was the light leading the people to right and just path. He was the flame invigorating others to follow in his lead and spread the peace throughout the world.

And now...

That light is weak and flickering...

The damage has been dealt, the eighth generation of One for all managed to beat its absolute opposite.

The symbol of peace emerged victorious once more. All Might won... one last time.

All Might had hand picked his successor.

Izuku Midoriya had the horrendous honor of seeing his mentor risk his life first hand.

For a lack of a better term, the greenette was absolutely shook.

He never imagined that he'd see his idol in this state.

And All Might wasn't even an idol anymore.

He was Izuku's mentor, he was someone he could trust.

It started the day Izuku met him for the first time, a connection was born.

Something more than an Idol or teacher, he served as Izuku's father figure. Standing by the teen through thick or thin and consoling him whenever he trudged through the hardships of becoming a hero.

And now Izuku has to watch his father figure on the brink of the death bed.

The boy was visibly shaking in his seat, his face the void of joy or enthusiasm that he usually held.

He didn't know how what to do...

It was strange in a cosmic sort of way, usually Yagi guided him when he was lost an confused. But now he's not here, and Izuku doesn't know where to go...

The door opened, the 9th One for All wielder turned faster than a speeding bullet, his senses heightened by the yearning to protect his father figure.

His fists were up, protectively in front of his face as the doctor flinched a bit behind the door frame.

"Uhh... relax kid, I'm here to run a few tests on him..." the plain looking doctor spoke out, Izuku's stance softened at that statement and nodded with his disheveled look on his face.

"Oh, Midoriya-san, I suggest you leave for a while. Your mother called and was quite worried about you, these tests are going to take a bit of time, so no rush." The other male spoke out, gesturing for the other doctors and nurses to enter the room and begin the procedures of running diagnostics on the downed hero.

"All Might... is- is he going to be alright?" Izuku asked, his figure shaking as he got up form his chair besides the hero's bed.

The doctor squirmed a bit under the youngster's pleading gaze. It was never easy to break out bad news.

The medical practitioner gave out a loud sigh, his gaze fell on Izuku with pity in his sight. "I'm not sure kid..." he spoke out, deciding that sugarcoating it wouldn't help. "It's a miracle that he's even alive at this point. It'll take years for him to recover IF and I mean IF he manages to survive the first few months of recovery..."

And in an instant, Izuku's heart sank. His eyes dampened and he could feel his stomach churn in distraught. His lip trembled as he gave the doctor a jittery nod and started to make his way out of the room.

His steps were slow, he took his time to process the information that he was given. Was All Might going to die?

He walked off, hoping to whatever deity that was above that All Might would be able to recover from this monumental amount of injuries.

"Hey!" Izuku turned back, red and puffy eyes looked back to see the same doctor speak back to him.

"You have no choice but to just lay your trust in us, little boy..." the older man spoke out, his words like a sharp spear through the boys chest.

The doctor smirked, resting his palms on his hips. "We're the best in japan kid, if it makes you feel any better; we'll do our best to save this man..." the head doctor spoke out, the others and the nurses nodded and voiced out their grunts and words of agreement as the room filled up with words of comfort and positivity.

"This man..." the head pointed to downed ex-hero "has helped hundreds, if not thousands of people throughout the years. It just wouldn't be right if we didn't do the same for him." The older man gave a smile underneath his surgical mask, Izuku sniffled a bit and flashed a smile back at the man.

Maybe All Might would be able to see the light once more.

And if not... it felt nice to know that everyone was doing their best to keep him going.

>Break.

The green teen gave out a desperate attempt at calming his nerves down. A shaky sigh escaped his breath while he felt the constant soft stream of lukewarm water hit his face and body.

He was definitely still nervous, but he had nothing to ease his tension. He felt so helpless and useless that he felt like all those months in U.A training to become the new symbol of peace were for naught.

He felt powerless in the grand scheme of things, but what can he do at times like this? What practical use does he truly have during these hard times?

He doesn't know, if he was being honest with himself.

The only thing he could do, was wait and anticipate the results.

The boy finished his shower and dried himself off, thinking that he had enough time sulking in the water.

He sat by the edge of his bed, thinking on what to do now that he had some time to himself.

School was canceled for a week since one of the teachers were knocked out in a literal sense.

He finished all his projects and assignments the day they were given since he didn't have anything to do.

But now, he needed something to do to calm his nerves down and get his bearings straight.

The One for All user ignored all the calls and messages from his classmates and friends. He didn't want to face them right now, it was hard enough to see All Might in that state. He didn't want to hear their reactions to the ex hero.

Izuku got up from his bed, stretching a bit and hearing the cracks and pops from the stressed out joints in his body. He decided he might as well get some fresh air since he'd be waiting for All Might's results. He had a couple of hours to burn, and it was just 1 pm in the afternoon.

His mother worried for him, but eventually decided to leave him to his own devices. She thought that the boy needed some time to think and have some time for himself. The usual qualms about potentially losing a loved one.

The boy shut the door behind him, checking if he managed to bring his wallet along. He didn't know where he was going if he was honest with himself, he just needed to kill time.

He walked around the block for a bit, looking around as the main point for conversations where all about the fight All Might was in.

All of them were praising the hero on how brave and selfless he was, it honestly just put a smile on Izuku's face.

He ignored those comments for a bit while sitting down on a park bench and enjoying the warm breeze brushing up against his face. He needed to clear his mind for a moment, the soft winds and ambient noise really helped him calm his nerves down.

There was a pit in his stomach, he was significantly less stressed; but he could still feel it. There was a fear unlike anything else he felt before, creeping inside him. It was barely noticeable, but it was there.

Deku shook his head free of dreaded thoughts, he was outside to waste time on not worrying. He glanced around, seeing the people walk along the park and talk with others... maybe he should go back home and check up on the messages that were compiling in on his phone?

He got up from the lonely park bench, his back crackling from the time of inactivity. Looking around the town some more sounded like a good idea right now.

The teen scratched his head, looking around for something to do, something to distract him for the moment.

He walked around the bristling street, busy day. People looked strange, their quirks sometimes made them have very different additions to their body. Horns, additional hands, different skin colors and the sort seemed to be the norm nowadays.

He fumbled around in town for a bit, going wherever his feet took him. He let himself get carried by the flow of the passersby, not paying attention too much to where he was going.

"Oof..." Izuku brushed himself off, taking a glance at what he just bumped into. ... well, it was just a telephone pole.

He scratched his head, wondering why he didn't see it before he got his breath knocked out of him. But in his thoughts, he managed to see something in the corner of his eye.

It was bright and colorful, if he didn't know better he would mistake it for a candy shoppe.

He blinked twice, he thought he saw someone he knew. He inched closer to the shop, at closer inspection it was actually a flower shop. Adorned by numerous types of flowers and greeneries.

He went in closer, a torrent of fumes and fragrances entered his nostrils. It was overwhelming at first, to the point where he coughed and sneezed pretty harshly.

"Are you alright?" a soft voice called out, the glass door swinging open with the bell by the frame giving off a cheery chime.

Izuku held back the urge to sneeze again just to avoid any awkward interaction with the possible owner of the flower-shoppe, "No-no I'm fine, th-thank you" he wheezed out, his nose leaky from whatever managed to sneak into his nose.

"Here, you might need this..." Izuku's eyes were pretty bkurry from the tears of a hard sneeze, he took the handkerchief from the stranger's hands reluctantly.

"Th-thank you..." he spoke out, still sniffling from the fumes that entered his nostrils. He turned the handkerchief over and wiped his eyes free of watery tears, now that he could see clearly; he immediately noticed that the stranger that offer him help was someone he knows.

"Is it better now, midoriya-san?" a petite girl spoke out, her only outlandish feature was that she had spiny vines instead of hair.

"Oh-uhh, thank you Shiozaki-san!" he got himself flustered, how shameful was it to just let go and sneeze all over someone's handkerchief.

"No problem! It's alright, pollen allergies are really common" she giggled with her lighthearted voice.

Izuku fumbled with the handkerchief before he decided to hide it for the moment, no need to point out that he doesn't know what he should do with a snot-filled piece of clothe.

"Uhh- Shiozaki-san, you own this shoppe?" Izuku asked, looking at the colorful shoppe adorned by flowers, shrubberies, and sometimes even cacti.

"Oh no, my parents own it. I'm just watching over it while they're at the cinema" she replied nonchalantly, the boy coughed once; a sign that he was kinda uncomfortable with how things have turned.

"Midoriya-san, why don't you come in for a tad?" she suddenly asked, making Izuku's eyebrows skyrocket up in surprise?

"Really? I-is it okay? I don't mean to impose or anything" the boy asked back, the mucus in his nose making his words a little slurred.

"It's fine, really." Her voice was welcoming and soft, something Izuku only managed to pick up now.

"Oh-uhh... Okay?"

>Break

Just like the exterior, the inside of the shop was very colorful. But instead of the bright and explosive colors of all the flowers decoration the outside walls; the inside was comfy, and had a nice selection of pastel hues that were apparent on the trinkets and paint used.

"Don't worry Midoriya-san, the flowers are only outside for cosmetic purposes" she spoke out. Truth be told; he only noticed that there weren't any flowers inside when she mentioned it, if she didn't say it; then it'd probably fly over his head.

"Here, sit here" Izuku would be lying to himself if he didn't get a bit surprised that there was a table and a couple of chairs in a flower shop of all things.

The green teen nodded and sat down on the peach colored chair, in fact; almost everything other than the floor and plants inside were colored in a smooth and warm pastel hue.

"So, Midoriya-san. What brought you to this part of town?" Shiozaki spoke out, emerging from behind the counter with a steaming kettle of water and some teacups with a small box besides it.

She laid the platter with a tiny *tink* noise when it landed softly on the table, she poured herself a steaming cup of hot water while opening the box and placing a tea packet within the steaming cup. She gave the male teacup too and poured him a steaming one. Ibara passed him the small wooden box and gestured him to take a packet.

"Go on Midoriya-san, we have chamomile, jasmine, Oolong, lemon-green tea..." Izuku drowned out her explaining with trying to pick out a flavor.

Izuku just gave in and picked out the packet labeled Jasmine and dunked the packet into the scolding cup.

"Now... Back to topic; I haven't really seen you around this part of the city" she asked, her eyes concentrated on the tea as she blew a little shot of breath to cool it down for a little sip.

"Oh yeah" He replied, a quick sip from his own tea and he started to speak again. "I was- uhh, only really walking around. I-I needed to get my head straight again, a-a lot of stuff has happened lately..." he responded, his tongue getting a bit burnt, but nothing he can't handle.

"Ah" she nodded, a comfortable silence washed over them, the only sounds that where present were the occasional *tink* of the tea cups setting down. "It's quite healthy to have some time to reflect, sometimes you need moments to yourself for wandering and relaxing..." she added after a pregnant pause.

Izuku sniffled a bit, the pollen not truly out of system just yet. He noticed Ibara was the only asking questions and continuing the conversation, so like a polite boy he was; he took the imitative to let the talking flow.

"Uhh- Shiozaki-san?" he asked, the girl perked up from her cup of tea to look back at him. "How've you been? I mean, we have 2 weeks free of school and I-I was curious, since we haven't really been- uhhm... we haven't really been- err... we haven't really been..." Izuku got lost in his own words as he stumbled and twisted his words around while making a fool of himself. His sweat was starting to drip, he had no idea on what he should follow up with what he was going to say.

Izuku was shot out of his verbal dilemma by a cute and tiny giggle that escaped Ibara's lips, her hand was covering her mouth while the joyous squeak resonated through the small store. Izuku's mood slightly dampened, now he was just being laughed at...

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I wasn't laughing at you, it's just that you're so cute when you stutter like that." She spoke out in between her small fits of giggles. Izuku paused, she wasn't laughing at him?

"Anyways..." She gave a single short cough to clear her throat after laughing quite a bit, and began to speak again after taking a sip of her tea. "I'm fine, thank you for asking." Ibara flashed her soft and pristine smile at the one for all user, it calmed him down a bit to know that he wasn't the subject of ridicule.

The boy responded with his own awkward chuckle and a sheepish rub of his nape, a bead of sweat slid down his cheek. He really did over think some things, didn't he?

There was another pregnant pause, the sounds of the electric fan and the soft clinks of tea paraphernalia being the only ambient sounds between them.

Izuku held up the teacup to his lips, he took it a second time as he noticed that he was dry of tea.

Ibara perked up and picked up the kettle and poured the green teen another cup of steaming hot water. "My, you really like tea? Don't you?"  Ibara asked, Izuku flushed red being caught with getting more than what he's bargained for.

"Uh... Y-Yeah, it calms me down..." he replied, still shy from earlier. He grabbed another packet of jasmine and dunked it within the small cup of steaming water.

"You must be really stressed if you're drinking this much tea this quick..." Ibara added with her soft voice, Izuku was surprised to see himself with his lips on the teacup again, the tea leaves not even fully infused with the water and he was already drinking.

"Ah, it tastes better when you have company doesn't it?" she asked, Izuku nodded. Ibara giggled, "It isn't homemade, if you're wondering..." she added. Izuku raised his eyebrow, his face asking for her to continue. "The tea, it's just from 7/11. It's nothing special... hopefully this summer, I could get the ingredients to make homemade tea."  She gave him a smile, Izuku smiled back as he laid his cup down.

"You go out of the city during summer?" he asked, Ibara nodded in response.

"It's sort of common to take a little out of home vacation when you have a lot of time in your hands" she spoke out. "Why Midoriya-san? You don't leave during summer vacation?" the vined girl questioned him.

"Ah, no not really" the green teen rubbed the back of his head sheepishly when he gave he his response. "I usually stay at the house and help my mom with chores." He added with a smile.

"That's really nice of you..." she responded, finding it sweet that Izuku would rather help his mother than prance around the city. "Lots of teens don't really care for helping their parents out." She said, he smile faltering for a bit.

"You really love your parents, don't you?" Izuku suddenly asked her, his question catching her by surprise. The boy picked up on his very intrusive question and was quick to correct himself. "O-Oh! I'm sorry, I meant that you- uhh... you love your parents so much. S-sorry, I just thought that I picked it up from how you-uhhm... were talking so much about it?" He stuttered out with his flushed out face, he just kept making mistakes left and right.

The thorn-haired girl waved her hand in dismissal at the boy's antics. "None taken Midoriya-san, and yeah you're right... It's just that I keep seeing others our age neglecting their parents... it's just so sad seeing them like that. I mean, I wouldn't know what I'd do without my mother and father..." she said a somber look on her face.

Izuku nodded, a melancholic feeling settled in his chest. "Yeah, I feel you. I wouldn't even want to imagine life without mom..." he forced out his own awkward and rather wet chuckle just to make the situation less sad and serious.

"She must really be a nice and sweet mother then, Midoriya-san..." Ibara switched the topic with a much less serious one, a smile settling on her face when Izuku's smile brightened. "You really speak fondly of her" the 1-B girl added.

"Of course! She's the best! She always managed to pick me up when I was in a sour mood. A-and when I was sick, she would stay up all night just to make sure that I get a good night's sleep even when my body hurt-." The boy went on and on about all the great things his mother has done for him, ibara couldn't help but admire how much Izuku loved and cared for his parents.

But there was something kinda unsettling...

Izuku never once mentioned his father during his 5 minute rant.

It was saddening to think that one of the sweetest person that she knew had to live life without one of his parents.

And only now, the vine-haired girl realized that Izuku was one of the only people that she managed to create a deep connection with. Sure, she had her classmates, like Itsuka, Pony, and Yudai. But none of them really had any deep and personal relationship with Ibara other than Izuku.

They were practically sharing secrets with each other at this point, with how the conversation rolled by. She was genuinely surprised to learn on how much the boy could talk about things that he was interested in. He had this ripping passion for heroes and becoming one, that it was almost smothering.

It smoked over the fact that she could tell that he didn't have the strongest of self confidence.

She had to admit that the boy was really really timid, and nobody becomes timid naturally. Something has to happen to knock them into the state that Izuku was in.

Little by little, the class B student picked up little hints of bullying, depression, and attempted self-harm from the boy.

And the worse part is; Izuku writes it off with his weak attempt at humor, just to glaze off the fact he was thinking about suicide.

"I mean, yeah... it-it was a really tough time. But it builds character I guess... haha..." the one for all user chocked out, a self-berating and awkward chuckle escaped his mouth while he rubbed his nape sheepishly.

"Thats..." Ibara paused, her lips pursed into a tight line. "That's sad, Midoriya-san... really. You shouldn't say those things about yourself..." the girl said in a worried tone, Izuku ducked his head in shame at that statement. His lips were in squiggles as he remembered that he shouldn't dump all of his problem unto someone he only just got into contact recently.

"Oh-uhh... s-sorry about that..." Izuku apologized, "It's just that I d-don't really have anyone to talk a-about these kinds of stuff..." Ibara didn't know whether to pity the boy for reaching a point where he talks about this with people not even within his friend group. Or whether she should be concerned that Izuku has no one else to talk to.

"It's quite alright..." the vine-haired teen reassured, her hand outstretched in a kind and welcoming manner. "If you need to say something, then say it. You can tell me, I won't judge." She spoke with her soft and elegant voice, Izuku looked up to see her cotton-soft smile and raven-black eyes looking straight back at him.

The boy hesitated, his hand quivering to reach her own. He never really did have someone other than his mother and All Might to talk out his problems with... He always was a closed shell of pure nerves and jittery mumbles of words... Maybe he should open up?

Just this once...

The boy sniffled a bit and steeled his reserves. "Yeah..." he said out weakly, wiping a bit of snot off his nose. "Sure... M-Maybe I've been keeping stuff a-all for myself..." he added, clasping her hand for a bit before she beamed him one of her blinding smiles.

"It isn't healthy to keep everything inside..." Ibara spoke out, releasing his hand from her soft grasp. "The moment I saw you from the flower shoppe window, I saw you stressed out like- really really stressed out..." she said, Izuku flinching slightly from her tone of voice and choice of words. "You were shaky... what happened?"

"Uhh..." Izuku thimbled a bit under her soft yet worried gaze. He was only used to feeling this stare from his mother and All Might...

Speaking of All Might...

"Oh... uhh... A family member's ill?" Izuku mumbled out unsure of what he was supposed to say. I mean, he wasn't completely lying. By now, Izuku could proudly say that All Might was considered family. Then again, he couldn't really openly say that.

"I see..." Ibara responded, a finger on her chin while she pondered on what she should reply with.

"I know that feeling, Midoriya-san..." she replied, Ibara took Izuku's silence as a signal for herself to continue on.

"Yes... It's hard, I know. But we just have to trust that they'll get through it." A calm and apologetic tone of voice sympathized with the one for all user. It made him feel slightly better about the whole situation.

"I remember when my mother was sick..." the vine girl started. Izuku curiously perked up, curious about her own story. "It was hard. Honestly... I felt so useless then... seeing her lay there on the hospital bed, and knowing that you can't do anything to help her." She began, tears slightly brimming on the edge of her eyelids. Her knuckles were white, and her teeth were clenched.

She released a long and exasperated breath, she wiped out a few little pricks of tears on the edge of her eyelids. "The only thing you can really do in these kinds of situations is stay calm and trust them..." she said to the one for all user. "Just trust them Izuku, I'm sure they'll push through..." her words were kind, cottony, and comforting to the green-haired teen. He didn't know why, possibly because he has little to know experience about interacting with others, but he felt this warm, cozy, and fuzzy feeling whenever he talked to Ibara.

Weird.

"Yeah... thanks... I'm sure he'll be okay..." He replied, smiling back at her to assure the girl that he was feeling a bit better after her pep talk.

And so the two spent the rest of the afternoon talking and talking about things and events that happened in their life. It was a pretty new experience for the two. Izuku has never talked to someone this long and has never retained his attention on someone for this long before. Ibara as well has never connected herself with someone who really understood her as much as Midoriya has. It just felt so natural, talking to the nervous and jittery boy.

Speaking of nervous... Izuku really wasn't that nervous and didn't stutter as much as he usually did. Ibara was the one who noticed this, and honestly felt touched that she was one of the only people that Midoriya was comfortable talking with. Even though she was pretty new on his radar of friends.

So they talked and talked, about the sweet nothings of life, and the grievous realities of life as well. Of course, Ibara was the one to break up all the negative topics with softer and more palpable conversations. She was surprised at how much Izuku was like her. And not just in hair color.

He was sweet, soft-hearted, sympathetic, passionate, thoughtful, and pretty relatable for someone like him. Ibara didn't really think that she'd be comparing herself to someone who destroyed their own body during a live event, but here she was...

"Bye Ibara-san... It's been nice today..." Izuku waved as he made his way out of the flowershoppe,it was just shy of late afternoon. The sun was starting to descend.

"And thank you for the tea!" Izuku added with his cheery voice. The girl giggled and waved back through the door frame.

"No problem, and don't be afraid of visiting again, alright?" she said. Izuku nodded a bit shyly, considering how they actually met earlier on.

"I w-will... Don't worry..." he added back.

And with that, he was off to his home.

He had such a nice day with Ibara, one of the last people that he'd think he'd be spending the day with.

It was nice honestly...

Being with a stranger and just chatting it up. Telling them things about your life, and just talking in general felt good for the boy. It was especially apparent with the vine-haired girl. Izuku always had this warm and fuzzy feeling in his chest and cheeks whenever he talked to her, he didn't know whether it was the allergies or just his nervous nature.

But he can't deny that he had a really good time talking and sharing a cup of tea with the class B girl. It was so nice. Ibara, in general, was so nice. The teen didn't really think that anyone that he knew was inherently "not nice", but Ibara by far was a breath of fresh air on the boy.

Man, Izuku felt like nothing could go wrong after having such a pleasant day with her.

>Break

"I'm home!" Izuku called out to his mother as he laid his shoes along the shoe rack.

"Izuku-sweetie, come here quick!" she called out, the boy was immediately on high alert and rushed over to his mother upstairs.

The boy reached her to see his mother carrying his phone in her hand. "Izuku... someone's been leaving miss-calls on your phone."

The green teen scratched the back of his head, fully taking responsibility that he should've taken his phone with him during the afternoon.

He was confused for a moment, the number was from an unknown caller.

He picked up, the phone by his ear.

"Hello? Hello? Is this Midoriya Izuku on the line?" a familiar voice asked, Izuku was surprised at first but decided to reply instead.

"W-Who is it, Izuku?" Inko asked, worried at how many calls his son had missed.

"I'm not sure, hang on" he replied to his mother before deciding to respond to the caller. "Hello? Yes, this is Midoriya I-Izuku, who is this?" he asked in a response.

There was a long and very heavy sigh that escaped from the phones speakers. "This is doctor Ryu from the Hosu Medical ward..." Izuku's eyebrows shot up, and his heartbeat quickened. It was about All Might.

"Is he alright!?" was the immediate question that Izuku asked the doctor from earlier, the sweat pouring from his pores.

"..." there was a second of deathly silence.

"I'm sorry to say this... but we did everything we could... All Might... Yagi Toshinori has died... 5:46 pm... I'm sorry kid..."

Izuku's eyes were moist.

"Huh?" the boy muttered out with a quivering lip. When did he start crying.  "A-Are you serious?" the boy croaked out, hiccups rapidly emerged from his throat like the plague.

"Unfortunately so..." the doctor spoke out through the phone. His voice sounding hoarse and ragged itself.

"P-Please! Tell me it isn't true!" Izuku screamed out, his speech getting more and more slurred and mumbled.

"It's never easy kid, it never gets easy either. I'm sorry, everyone is..." Izuku was sobbing, his mother approached him and rubbed his back as the boy fell down onto his knees as his mucus and tears stained the carpet.

"It isn't fair! This shouldn't be happening!" he yelled out. The phone getting tossed onto the carpet.

His mother hugged him, tears of her own starting to pool within her eyes.

"There must be someone with a reviving quirk out there! R-R-Right mom?! Please, there should be someone out there that can help All Might..." Izuku sobbed through the longsleeves that his mother was wearing.

"Oh honey..." she was sad, Izuku was sad. She didn't know what to do, his mentor, his Idol, his friend All Might was dead. And she couldn't do anything about it.

"I'm sorry Izuku..."

(A/N) Entry for the WxW comp, AU where All Might takes more damage than he did during the final face off with All For one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.1K 25
[COMPLETE] I just wanna write pointless shit that isn't one shots so take this ig yk. y'all seemed to like the last bs I made 🙄
284K 2K 200
Just random quirk Ideas that pop in my head. I do not own BNHA. Feel free to comment on what you might add or new quirk ideas. This is full, and no...
1.1K 3 24
Just a bunch of BNHA one shots because I have so many ideas but not long enough for their own book lmaooooo. WARNINGS Angst Fluff Cussing Semi-Smut/S...
9.2K 111 13
Every One Shot Idea I get for My Hero Stories will be put here, as I will not make a Full Story of these