Shrubberies and Vines

Izuku was shaking. His hands were supported by his knees as his head was mere millimeters from his palms.

The boy was sitting in a chair facing a bed. His right knee bumping up and down rapidly in nervousness as sweat dripped off his face.

He was in the hospital.

But for the first time, it wasn't him that was in the ICU for breaking almost every bone within his body.

No, it was All Might this time.

Izuku gave the hero a glance from his position, absolutely dreading the state that he was in.

The blond hero... or Ex hero in his current state was strapped to the hospital bed, several tubes inserted into his arms and chest while he brandished numerous bandages around his body. The mere appearance of the ventilator in his mouth and cardiac monitor was a horrendous sight to see.

Izuku felt absolutely horrible.

The fight, Izuku knew that All Might would win. But at what cost?

All for One, Yagi's nemesis was finally downed and behind 5-inch reinforced titanium bars.

Finally, the tyranny days of All for One were finally over.

The fight was gruesome, and had the most collateral damage that the boy has ever seen in his life. Even videos and cartoons couldn't come close to the amount of chaos these two power demons unleashed unto the earth.

But alas, One for All has defeated its kleptomania counterpart in an endurance and show of absolute might.

But no one left unscathed.

All for One was disabled, his quirks the only things still keeping him going. Barely having enough energy to wake up from unconsciousness.

And All Might, he sustained mortal injuries that downed his muscle form into less than 3 seconds.

A ruptured lung, internal bleeding, a mild concussion, 10 cracked ribs, lots of hairline fractures, a beaten liver, broken legs, a cracked spine, and ruptured muscles throughout his body. Doctors say that him lasting this long was a miracle above miracles, he shouldn't even be breathing anymore.

The doctors said that the hero wouldn't be able to continue his work anymore. Hell, they even said that All Might should have major difficulty with practically anything now that he had this extremely close brush with death.

But he said no.

All Might didn't say it, Izuku did.

He argued and argued that All Might was going to come out of that hospital a functioning man, even if he has to desert his hero life. All Might was going to live.

They said that even All Might is human, they said he was no god, they said that even the strongest have moments of weakness, they said people had limits. They said he reached his.

It was out of the bag, everyone knew that All Might was a skeletal blond shell of the man that he used to be.

That day; The day that All Might defeated All for One, there was silence.

The masses cheered him on like no body's business.

But the people who actually knew him, they didn't know what to say.

They were just... breathless.

Izuku wasn't.

He cried.

Tears of bittersweet joy that All For One was finally gone.

Tears of bittersweet regret at seeing the state of his mentor that he was left in.