Mid Summer

By AURORADOYOUNG

Jaemin doesn't want to share Jeno. Donghyuck doesn't want to share Mark. That's all. That's the description... More

prologue,
one,
two,
three,
four,
five,
six,
eight,
nine,
ten,
eleven,
twelve,
thirteen,
fourteen,
fifteen,
sixteen,
seventeen,
eighteen,
nineteen,
twenty,
twenty one,
twenty two,
twenty three,
twenty four,
twenty five,
twenty six,
twenty seven,
twenty eight,
twenty nine,
thirty,
thirty one,
thirty two,
thirty three,
thirty four,
thirty five,
thirty six,
thirty seven,
thirty eight,
thirty nine,
forty,
forty one,
forty two,
forty three,
forty four,
forty five,
forty six,
forty seven,
forty eight,
i miss donghyuck
forty nine,
fifty,
fifty one,
fifty two,
fifty three,
fifty four,
fifty five,
fifty six,
fifty seven,
fifty eight,
fifty nine,
sixty,
epilogue.
author's note
author's note!!

seven,

7K 411 131
By AURORADOYOUNG

"Now you're sick."

"Totally worth making out in the rain though."

Jeno rolls his eyes because he isn't surprised that kissing was the only thing on Jaemin's mind.

"Now, you can't go to school."

Jaemin smiles.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks, foolishly slipping under the covers.

"You're the worst Na Jaemin," Jeno sighs, sitting down on the edge of Jaemin's bed. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Don't know," the younger boy shrugs, unintentionally acting adorable. "Just love me I guess."

Jeno smiles, cause Jaemin's so cute, but then he realizes something.

"I need to buy you medicine," he hums, getting up from the younger's bed and straightening out his clothes.

Jaemin starts to whine.

"What? No you don't! My parents will pick up medicine on the way home. You stay here," he pouts, looking at Jeno with what he hopes are puppy eyes.

Sometimes Jaemin is cocky, now being a good example. He knows Jeno is whipped for him and when he does something cute, he knows Jeno isn't able to resist.

Which is why he thinks Jeno is broken when the elder boy shakes his head no.

"I'm your boyfriend and I'm going to pull a really lame romantic move by buying you some medicine."

Jaemin likes romantic things.

But Jeno was just being annoying.

"Fine," Jaemin huffs, turning his back to Jeno as he closes his eyes and tries to sleep. "Lock the door behind you."

Jeno smiles, because Jaemin is real cute, before exiting the latter's room and descending the stairs.

Once he's in the foyer, he toes on his shoes and opens the main door.

Jaemin's family keeps their spare key in a little glass container which is buried in the soil of their little front yard flower garden. So Jeno takes the keys from there, locking the front door before putting the key away exactly how he found it.

He hums a tune while starting off his short walk to the grocery store, a light skip in his step.

Jeno guesses he's just happy.

If you ask him, his life is going really great right now.

The soccer team is going to the semi finals, he got to make out with Jaemin today, school is almost over and he sent in his university application.

Things were going great for Jeno, they truly were.

Jeno has a bounce in his step when he enters the convenience store, shooting an adorable smile to the old lady behind the counter.

Jeno keeps on humming while he's looking for the blueberry flavoured medicine he knows Jaemin likes. Jaemin already doesn't like medicine at all, thinks that all the flavours are satan's own creations, but blueberry is the only flavour he can tolerate.

He frowns when he can't find the blueberry flavour in the aisle he is currently standing in, and decides to go venture further into the next one.

As he hurriedly switches between aisles, there's a boy with light orange hair wearing a green sweater that bumps into him.

Jeno is usually graceful, especially on the soccer field, but this orange haired man sends him tumbling to the floor.

Jeno groans, because falling always makes the victims groan, before turning to his left to see if the orange haired boy needed help getting up.

"Sorry about that," Jeno mumbles, holding a hand out for the boy. He accepts, pulling himself up and brushing his clothes off when he's standing.

Jeno wasn't planning on keeping a conversation going, wasn't planning on getting to know the orange haired boy or anything about his life to be honesty, but then someone from behind Jeno grabs his arm, and the grip is unusually tight for someone Jeno can't see.

When the black haired boy turns his head around, he's greeted by another unknown boy, this time wearing an orange hoodie. His hair is light brown and Jeno can see his dark black roots growing.

"Can I help you?" Jeno asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, since he doesn't know this boy, but the boy seems rather shocked to see him.

The one with orange hair makes his way around to stand beside the one who's gripping Jeno, which ones makes the latter so much more confused.

To make matters worse, the orange haired boy suddenly also holds onto Jeno's arm.

All he wanted was to buy some blueberry medicine for his sweet sick boyfriend who's resting at home, but instead he's held up at the convenience store because of two random boys clinging onto his arm and if it wasn't—

But then, Jeno's forearm starts burning.

Not the burn that people get when it's too hot, not the burn that people get when they touch their plate which was in the microwave for too long, but the burn which felt like thousands of fire ants were just crawling on this one part of Jeno's forearm, coincidentally, right where his soulmate tattoo is.

Jeno's eyes widen in realization, before his gaze is flicking between the two boys holding onto him, trying to figure out which one of them is Lee Donghyuck.

"Y-You're Jeno..." The one with the light brown hair splutters, eyes widening once the word escape his mouth. "Oh my God, you're Lee Jeno!"

Jeno winces at the shriek the boy let out, considering how the store was empty.

Nonetheless, he finds himself nodding.

"Are you..." He tentatively asks, still not understanding why there were two people holding onto him. "Donghyuck? Lee Donghyuck?"

The brown haired boy's eyes dim a little, eyes piercing into Jeno as his eyes flicker between Jeno and the other boy.

The one with orange hair makes a sound of surprise.

"I-I'm Donghyuck. Why?" He stutters out, watching how Jeno's eyes bulge out of his eye sockets while switching from between Donghyuck and his forearm.

The boy with light brown hair, let's go of Jeno's arm and Donghyuck takes it upon himself to roll up Jeno's sleeve.

Right there, staring right back at all three boys, completely mocking the one with light brown hair, is the name Lee Donghyuck calligraphed in soft, orange letters.

Donghyuck gasps, head zooming up to Jeno's eyes.

"I-Is that a s-soulmate tattoo?" Donghyuck asks, not realizing how stupid the question was.

Jeno is speechless, completely incapable of uttering a single word, because is he staring at his soulmate?

"Fuck," the other boy curses, running a distressed hand through his hair. "Fuck Donghyuck that's—that's Lee Jeno. That's my soulmate."

Those words have Jeno whipping his head to look at the one wearing an orange sweater, his eyes comically huge.

"You're soulmate? I don't even know who you are," Jeno claims, staring at the boy with his eyebrows furrowed.

"My name is Mark Lee and your name is tattooed onto my thigh."

Jeno finds it hard to grasp the information, but finds it even harder to process the fact that he has Lee Donghyuck's name inked onto his skin, and Mark Lee has his name inked onto his skin.

Jeno completely forgets about Jaemin's blueberry medicine.

When Mark and Donghyuck get to Seoul, Donghyuck's just really tired.

They flew all the way here, so Donghyuck could just imagine how sleepy and spent Mark was, considering that he was constantly talking to Donghyuck throughout the whole flight.

Just when Donghyuck was about to suggest that they head straight to their hotel, Mark suggests something even better.

"Let's stock up on food," he says, stroking the hairs on the back of Donghyuck's neck. "I'll hail a cab."

Donghyuck hums, affirmative, before leaning more into Mark, forcing the older boy to take his body weight.

Not that Mark minds, he just keeps an arm around the younger's back to keep him balanced.

By the time the cab is hailed, and the two boys are sitting in the back seat, Donghyuck is an inch away from passing out against Mark's shoulder.

It's only 7:45am, Donghyuck and Mark had booked an early flight.

The cab ride is silent, save for Mark entertaining Donghyuck by humming the tune to one of their favourite songs.

But that only makes Donghyuck more sleepy.

The next time Donghyuck opens his eyes, he realizes that Mark is paying the cab driver, and that they're in front of a convenience store.

"Let's go," Mark says, reaching for Donghyuck's hand. When the younger takes it, they both exit the cab and thank the driver before heading inside the store, their baggage in tow.

"Let's make this quick. You get food, and I'll get safety stuff, medicine and shit," Donghyuck mumbles, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes before entering the store and splitting from Mark.

When Donghyuck is rounding an aisle to get to the medicine, a large figure wearing a red hoodie bumps into him, sending them both to the floor.

For some odd reason, instead of feeling the urge to groan because of the pain, Donghyuck feels a pit form in the bottom of his stomach.

When the black haired stranger offers a hand to help Donghyuck up, he subconsciously accepts and is now standing up on his feet.

Before anything could happen, Mark suddenly pops out of nowhere, grabbing onto the black haired boy's arm.

Donghyuck feels the pit in his stomach grow tenfold.

It was the look that Donghyuck saw in Mark's eyes, Mark looked like he saw an angel sent from heaven.

It made Donghyuck uneasy.

He turns his head back to the black haired boy— just to see— and is horribly intrigued when he notices that his eyes are wide, as if sudden realization hit him.

In the back of Donghyuck's head, he knew where this was going. Buried under every other scenario which could possibly be happening, the only logical one was hidden.

Donghyuck thinks he feels his heart sink to the soles of his feet when Mark speaks.

"Y-You're Jeno..." Mark splutters, eyes widening when realization really hits him. "Oh my God, you're Lee Jeno!"

Donghyuck is staring directly at Lee Jeno.

Lee Jeno, the first one who started messing with the dynamics of Donghyuck's relationship.

Mark's soulmate.

He doesn't know whether he feels relieved to have finally met Jeno, or if he feels like crap because Jeno is so much more handsome than Donghyuck is.

All of Donghyuck's insecurities start to crawl up his throat, and he feels sick.

The next words which are spoken make Donghyuck confused.

"Are you..." The black haired boy tentatively asks. "Donghyuck? Lee Donghyuck?"

Donghyuck makes a sound at that, because was he asking Mark if he was Donghyuck?

"I-I'm Donghyuck. Why?" He stutters out, watching how Lee Jeno's eyes bulge out of his eye sockets while switching from between him and his forearm.

Donghyuck is painfully aware of where this was going.

He suckles his bottom lip between his teeth before saying 'fuck it' and takes it upon himself roll up Jeno's sleeve.

What's revealed is mocking him, his own name written out in orange is blatantly mocking him.

"I-Is that a s-soulmate tattoo?" He still asks, even when the answer is obvious, when that is a fucking soulmate tattoo of his name inked onto Jeno's forearm.

"Fuck," Mark curses, running a distressed hand through his hair. "Fuck Donghyuck that's—that's Lee Jeno. That's my soulmate."

Donghyuck turns his attention back to Mark, who's also bitting his bottom lip, looking like he was deep in thought while trying to process all of this.

Donghyuck is absolutely mortified by the scenario that is unraveling itself.

"You're soulmate? I don't even know who you are," Lee Jeno shrieks, staring at Mark with his eyebrows furrowed. Donghyuck feels as confused as Jeno's tone lets on.

"My name is Mark Lee and your name is tattooed onto my thigh." Is what Mark answers, and when he says it out loud, the severity really hits Donghyuck.

Mark is looking at his soulmate, Lee Jeno, while Lee Jeno is looking at his soulmate, Lee Donghyuck.

Donghyuck completely forgets about buying medicine and food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.6K 54
『 "theres alot people in the crowd, but only you could dance with me." 』 [ 𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 ] "Wait a secon...
27.8K 1.1K 47
If chance was put into your favour, would you use it? Lee Jeno. Probably one of the prettiest people in the uni, no, in the world, the galaxy. No oth...
225K 13.6K 41
after years of being avoided by mark, haechan realised he could have been wrong about the love of his life; but mark realised he could have ...
103K 4.8K 31
"I want to get to him, but theres a stupid girl in the way" Donghyuck wants Mark, but Mark is taken. All Donghyuck wants to do is to get rid of the g...