twelve,

"Have a safe drive!" Jaemin's mom wishes, waving from where she is standing in the lawn, just like a stereotypical movie scene.

Jeno was sitting in the driver's seat of the car, while Jaemin accompanied him in the passenger's seat, for obvious reasons.

"Bye Mr. and Ms. Na!"

Jaemin simply waves goodbye to them, before Jeno is rolling up the windows, turning on the air conditioning and smiling happily as he starts their route to Jeju.

"Excited?" Jeno asks, taking one hand off of the steering wheel to put it on Jaemin's thigh. The latter blushes furiously, but tries to keep his cool.

"Yeah," he replies, also smiling quite happily. Jaemin loves spending time with Jeno, so he is ecstatic about this whole arrangement.

The entire ride there, Jeno stops for gas once and they stop for food twice, since Jaemin stupidly forgot half of the snacks at home. Jeno doesn't mind, he'll gladly buy Jaemin everything he wants.

By the time they make it to the hotel Jeno has booked, it was only 2:00pm, and the Jeju heat was killer. It was only a few degrees hotter than Seoul, but they were significant.

"I have an itinerary prepared~" Jeno sings, walking up to Jaemin with a piece of poser decorated in Jeno's pretty writing. "Look!"

Indeed, Jeno's itinerary was packed, each row representing each day of the week. For sure, the days were filled with visits to memorable places, like statues and temples, beaches, and shopping malls.

Jeno was considerate, Jaemin settles on, switching his gaze from the piece of paper to Jeno's almost disappearing eyes. He wraps his arms around the elder's neck, pulling him down until Jeno was laying on top of him.

"Can we stay like this?" Jaemin asks, pushing his head into Jeno's neck. "I like being with you."

Jeno laughs, it's more of a chuckle actually, but either way it sounds melodic to Jaemin's ears. Jeno rolls over so that he's laying flat on his back with Jaemin on top of him.

"I like being with you too," he says, cheekily smooshing his lips against the younger's cheek with a sickening smack.

Jaemin giggles, Jeno's heart feels warm, before he gets up.

"Fifteen minutes," he calls, heading into the showers.

Jeno continues to stare at the closed bathroom door for some minutes like a creep before sighing and sitting up, contemplating what he should wear.

He sifts through his suitcase, and once he finds a suitable pair of jeans and a nice blue dress shirt, he spreads them out on the bed and then finds his phone.

He doesn't know what comes over him, he'd be lying if he tells you that he regrets it, but he immediately opens his text conversation with Donghyuck.

Jeno bites his lip, he knows that Jaemin said he didn't want to meet Donghyuck and Mark, it was already kind of bad enough that they're in Jeju, but Jeno... Jeno doesn't know why, but he can't let this opportunity pass.

[AUG01]
jeno lee: hey r u and mark free next weekend?

Jeno thinks the worst part is that he doesn't regret a thing.

"Happy birthday!" Donghyuck squeals, throwing some shredded confetti which he had in his fists in the air.

Mark chuckles airily as he watches the multicoloured shreds of paper fall around him, and he's positive that there's some in his head.

Before he can even bring his eyes back up to look at Donghyuck, the latter is already looping his arms around Mark, kissing his face as he repeatedly wishes him happy birthday.

"Happy happy happy happy birthday," he chants, smiling wider than he did when it was his own birthday.

Sighing out contently, Mark wraps his arms around Donghyuck's waist and squeezes the younger flush against himself, burying his head in Donghyuck's neck.

"Thank you Hyuckie," he murmurs, the sound sending a pleasant vibration down Donghyuck's spine. "Now let's take a nap."

Mark didn't expect Donghyuck to violently push the other away, but that's exactly what he did.

"Okay, what?" Mark whines, obviously not up for Donghyuck pulling something out on his phone.

Donghyuck ignores him, a complete one eighty from a few seconds ago, while biting his lip.

Mark can't see what was Donghyuck, so he settles on peering over Donghyuck's shoulder, keeping his arms around the younger.

Mark got bored of watching what Donghyuck was going very easily, so he results in pressing kisses below his ear, his neck and his cheeks, humming lowly in his throat as he closed his eyes.

"This is Jeno," Donghyuck suddenly says, in a tone which implies that he's speaking directly to Mark.

"Mhm," he simply hums, not paying mind to whatever Donghyuck was saying.

Donghyuck whines, shrugging his shoulders to get Mark's attention.

"Look at him~"

So Mark sighs and reluctantly brings his face out of the younger's neck, staring a selfie of Jeno smiling, with another smiling boy next to him.

"Who's that?" He asks, not really interested.

"See, that's what I don't know," Donghyuck huffs, opening their text conversation. "So I'm gonna ask him."

Donghyuck sends the picture back in their text conversation, asking the question of who the boy beside Jeno was.

Mark blearily opens his eyes to see what was going on for a brief moment, but then something catches his eye in the photo.

He snakes an arm up to Donghyuck's phone screen, tapping on the photo to enlarge it.

He squints his eyes, realization clicking in his brain as his eyes widen significantly.

"Babe..." Mark starts, turning the younger around in his arms. "Isn't that Taeil and Youngho hyung's restaurant?"

Taken aback by Mark's question, Donghyuck analyzes the photo again, and much to his surprise, the background of the selfie Jeno took is, in fact, Taeil and Youngho's restaurant.

"It is..." He gasps. "Are they in Jeju?"