Nothing [Harry Styles AU] - D...

Av graveyardstyles

THIS STORY IS UNFINISHED AND HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. "Look, Eve, what we have, it's not... Mer

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
Update

nineteen

236K 6K 2.9K
Av graveyardstyles

Harry's POV

"Goodness Eve" I mutter quietly, holding her hair away from her face in a makeshift ponytail as she vomits into the gutter. It's a crisp night, the sky misty and quiet, save for the house full of teens partying and Eve's splutters and coughs tainting the silence. She swats my hands away once I've finished, wiping her mouth with the sleeve of a jersey that is far too big for her, the hem of it falling way down past her shorts and the sleeves dangling past her fists.

A look of exhaustion crosses over her face, "Sorry" she manages to choke out, glazed eyes searching mine.

"For what?"

"Calling you to come get me, throwing up, everything" she mutters. I disregard her statement, she doesn't need to apologize for that, I'm glad she called me.

"Where's your shoe?" I question, cocking my head to her bare foot that's sinking slightly in the dewy grass. She shrugs her shoulders in response.

"Who's jersey is that?" Again, she shrugs her shoulders. I shake my head at her forgetfulness, I know she's drunk but I can't help but smile at the way she's acting.

"In the car" I demand, and she responds instantly, striding towards the Range Rover and curling up against the seat. The drive back home is silent, Eve drifting asleep as we cruise along the streets, light groans eliciting from her throat whenever we hit a bump in the road.

Watching her sleep from the corner of my eye fascinates me, the way her head lulls gently in time with the speed of the car. The way the moonlight streaming in through windshield casts an eerie, light glow on her soft skin. The way her eyelids flutter gently as she's dreaming, and the way she's curled into a ball against the leather seat, all nestled into herself, just begging to be held in someone's arms.

My mind wanders back to the night I first kissed her, how I held her in my arms as we fell asleep on the couch together, her warm figure pressed tightly to mine as she rested her head on my shoulder. I should feel bad about it, ashamed of the way I foolishly acted towards her. What was I thinking? Cornering her like that against the door and kissing her senseless. I remember the adrenaline, feeling it rush through my veins and the only thing I could hear was the pounding of my heart in my ears.

It felt good at the time, it felt right, but we've ended up in a strange place. I don't know how I feel about her anymore, and it scares me to death that I don't know how to control all of this. It's strange, whenever I'm around her I can't help but feel so content, my insides buzz and I'm lost for words and she leaves me breathless, her wit and charm, and just her presence in general, is delightful and refreshing. And when she's not with me, there's just an ache, a small ache that nudges me, that annoys me until the next time I see her.

It's scary, this wasn't supposed to happen, but I just can't keep away from her.

"Eve... Evie, we're home" I gently whisper as I pull into my driveway. She stirs at the sound of my voice, only to mumble something incoherent and nuzzle further into the seat. "C'mon Evie, wake up"

She blinks up at me, eyes hooded and struggling to stay open from the alcohol that's still running through her system. "Are we at Niall's?"

"No Evie, we're at my house" I confirm, her head must still be a little hazy.

"No, no, no I need to go to Niall's" she starts to panic. "All my things are there!"

"Hey, hey, shhh" I try to calm her, reaching my hand over to tuck a few tendrils of her damp hair behind her ear. She pacifies at my touch, her eyes wavering shut as my fingers brush against her flushed skin. "Let's get you inside, okay?"

She groans in agreement, yet she makes no effort to move from the ball that she's curled up in. I make my way over to her door, scooping her up and holding her securely to my chest. She's quick to wrap her arms around me, burrowing her face into my neck as I carry her into the house. I struggle momentarily with unlocking the door, using my feet to kick it closed once I've finally managed to get inside.

She pushes her nose against my neck, gently rubbing and inhaling softly. "You smell nice" she murmurs quietly.

"Do I now?" I smirk.

"Hmm" she hums back, nuzzling her face impossibly deeper against my skin.

We retreat upstairs to my bedroom, the house dark and unnerving, and the stairs creaking under our weight as I carry her. I set her down gently onto the sink in my bathroom, Eve's hands quickly moving to grasp the edge of the sink to stop herself from toppling over. I move quietly without speaking, limiting the amount of sound I make as to not make her hangover any worse than it already is.

"Wait" she slurs, "Where's Alice?"

"I had a work function today, so she's staying at a friends house for the night" I speak lightly, gathering some wet wipes and a flannel from the cabinet under the sink.

"What are those for?" she questions confusingly at the materials gathered in my hands.

"I'm going to take off your makeup" I inform her, "Is that alright with you?"

She nods her head at my request, closing her eyes and extending her neck for me. I smile at her compliance, sliding a wipe out from the packet and gently rubbing it across her face. She winces at the cold feeling, and I rub in small circles against her skin until I'm satisfied that's it's as clean as I can get it.

"Eyes closed" I command. I move to her eyes, refolding the wipe to a clean area before copying the same movements over them. Her mascara and liner comes off in deep black smudges, and I feel as if I'm making more of a mess than I should be cleaning. I growl under my breathe, not wanting to apply to much pressure in case I hurt her. Once I've finished with the first eye, I move to the next, encountering the same problem as black smears across her eyelid.

"Why do girls even wear makeup" I mutter to myself under my breathe, but our close proximity causes Eve to answer my statement.

"Because it makes us look pretty"

"Well, you're pretty without it" I argue, and I watch the blush tint her cheeks pink. A small smile plays at her mouth, until her teeth tug at her bottom lip, causing me to shudder a breathe and gulp deeply. Her bottom lip reddens deliciously as she releases it, glistening slightly under the light from the bathroom. Her eyelids are flickering slightly as she keeps them shut, her lashes free of the black coating and her skin now bare. She looks so soft, her tanned skin illuminated by the light, glowing as I stare at her in awe. Her red lips are parted slightly, shallow breathes drawing slowly as she sits in front of me. She's beautiful.

"Quit staring Harry" she pipes up, scrunching her nose and giggling. It's a nice sound.

"I'm not" I lie, clearing my throat and dampening the flannel, smoothing it across her face to make sure everything's come off.

"I'm done. What would you like to wear to bed?" I ask, throwing the wipe in the bin and the flannel into the washing basket.

"A tshirt please" she replies, squinting her eyes open to get used to the bright light.

"Pants?"

"Just a tshirt thanks" she breathes, and I gulp roughly, before nodding and grabbing her a tshirt. I leave her to get changed in the bathroom, venturing downstairs to retrieve her a cup of water and some Paracetamol for the night. I feel the need to take a few breathes to calm myself down. I don't know what's gotten into me, she's never made me feel this way about her before. I gulp down the water that I've poured for her, the liquid immediately cooling my burning insides as it travels down my throat, the relief somewhat satisfying but not enough.

I mutter a few words of encouragement to myself, before refilling a new glass and heading back upstairs. Eve has already made herself at home in my bed, her face deeply buried into my pillow and the duvet pulled up to her chin. It takes all my strength not to jump under the covers and curl up against her, and I shake my head to try and rid the thought out of my mind.

"Evie?" I ask, setting down the tablets and water on the bedside table. She hums back to indicate she's listening, turning her head over her shoulder to see me. "What did you mean when you said back in the car that all your things were at Niall's?"

I hear her sigh deeply, and she turns back around and burrows her head back into the pillow. Reaching her hand out from under the covers, she pats the top of the duvet next to her, gesturing for me to sit. A shy smile stretches at my lips, and I climb onto the bed to sit beside her, the mattress dipping comfortably underneath me. A satisfied grin erupts on Eve's face, and she shuffles across the bed, pressing her forehead to my hip and drawling out a long breathe.

"I had a fight with Mum, so I'm staying at Niall's for a few days" she admitted, her small hands poking out from under the duvet to pick off the lint balls on my sweats. I sucked in a breathe at her fingers prodding my legs, finally able to relish her touch that I hadn't felt for a few days.

"A fight about what?" I asked gently, my fingers skimming down the side of her face to move a few stray strands of hair from her eyes.

"Mum won't let Liam come back after what happened, and I stood up to her about it" she recited, her sentence breaking a few times when she forgot the words, probably due to the alcohol that was still in her body. It felt a little unfair interrogating her like this, since she's still drunk and would probably be willing to say anything. It's late, and she needs to sleep, she shouldn't have even been drinking in the first place.

"You should get to sleep Evie" I mumble, my fingers still drawing over her skin, and she whines at my request and grasps onto my thigh in protest.

"Can you stay here a bit longer... Please?" She asks, her voice small and whispery, like she's afraid of asking it incase of a bad reaction. My breathe hitches in my throat at her plea, the way she sounds so eager for me to stay with her sends my insides on overdrive, my cheeks surely flushing and a smile fighting to reveal itself.

"Don't leave yet... You always leave" she yawns, pushing her face harder against my hip in an attempt to get me to stay.

I frown at her words, "What do you mean I always leave?"

"You always leave, or you make me leave, please don't make me leave" she rambles against my t-shirt.

"Evie, I don't understand" I state, and I really don't. I have no clue what she's talking about, I've never just left her, or made her leave for that matter. Concern runs through me as I wait for her to respond, the heavy silence and the soft current of her breathes hitting me against my shirt is making me squirm for her answer.

"I touched you a few weeks ago, and you made me leave. You touched me on Thursday and then you left me. It hurt Harry, I didn't like the feeling" she whispered.

I sucked in a harsh breathe at her drunken confession.The concern that I was feeling only moments ago was quickly replaced with a sudden wrench of guilt. It hadn't even occurred to me that the hastiness of my actions after we did something together would cause her to feel this much grief. I thought it was to be expected, we were both in this for the pleasure, for the physical attraction, and that was it.

I thought she'd be okay with it, but really, what the hell was I thinking? She's 17, she's a god damn teenager who has feelings and gets attached to things so fucking easily. She's too young to have the right mentality for this kind of relationship. I was so selfish when I first kissed her, I was only thinking of myself and not about how I would probably ruin her innocence if she were to agree to take part in something physical with me.

I've ruined it. I've ruined everything between us.

*****

hiiii

I rewrote this chapter 4 times because I could not get it right

this chapter just would not work out no matter how i wrote it but i hoped it turned out okay

please vote/comment if you enjoyed, it helps me out a lot in the fact that I know if people are still interested/reading my story

i hit 20k reads also so thank you so much for sticking with me and keeping up with my story

i love you all, stay sweet xxx

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

260K 25.1K 61
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
878K 40.6K 173
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
298K 17.1K 68
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
994K 17.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...