Blood Lust (COMPLETED)

By ElizabethCole89

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS A REVERSE HAREM BOOK! IF YOU'RE NOT INTO AN MC WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS, DO NOT READ! BO... More

Chapter One: Girl Problems
Chapter Two: Lachlan Island
Chapter Three: Camp Sec
Chapter Four: Rules
Chapter Five: Detour
Chapter Six: Hot and Cold
Chapter Seven: Creep
Chapter Eight: Mood Swings
Chapter Ten: Troublemaker
Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Mess pt. 1
Chapter Twelve: A Bloody Mess pt. 2
Chapter Thirteen: Erased
Chapter Fourteen: Medieval
Chapter Fifteen: Monsters pt. 1
Chapter Sixteen: Monsters pt. 2
Chapter Seventeen: Close Call
Chapter Eighteen: The Talk pt. 1
Chapter Nineteen: The Talk pt. 2
Chapter Twenty: The Talk pt. 3
Chapter Twenty-One: Right and Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Two: Revelations
Chapter Twenty-Three: Scars
Chapter Twenty-Four: Breaking Down
Chapter Twenty-Five: Words as Weapons
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Plan
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Birthright
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Did Somebody Say Orgy?
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Devoured
Chapter Thirty: Zombie
Chapter Thirty-One: Glass
Chapter Thirty-Two: Bow Down pt. 1
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bow Down pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Four: Damned (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Damned (Audrey's POV)
Chapter Thirty-Six: Special Delivery
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Turncoat pt. 1
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Turncoat pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Sleeping With the Enemy pt. 1 (Audrey's POV)
Chapter Forty: Sleeping With the Enemy pt. 2 (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter Forty-One: Sleeping With the Enemy pt. 3 (Audrey's POV)
Chapter Forty-Two: Between Scylla and Charybdis
Chapter Forty-Three: Doubt pt. 1
Chapter Forty-Four: Doubt pt. 2
Chapter Forty-Five: Martyr
Chapter Forty-Six: Blood Lust
EPILOGUE 1: Audrey's POV
EPILOGUE 2: Unknown POV

Chapter Nine: Awkward Questions

61.4K 2.9K 602
By ElizabethCole89

After my second encounter with Nero, Aiden and Duke conducted a fairly uneventful tour of campus. They showed me the clinic Dean Lachlan had mentioned earlier that morning, as well as the bookstore, both of which were housed in the same building as the dorms. Then, they took me across an unsettlingly high bridge that connected the dorm building to one of the academic buildings. There were two others on either side of it, both as big as the one we were in, though not as impressive as the dorm building.

"You won't have to worry about the other buildings until next semester."

Aiden explained as we exited the two-storied building.

"How come?"

I asked, eager for a distraction. I was still raw from seeing Nero again; his last words dug into me like a thorn covered in salt.

Just stay away from me.

It would be better that way... for all of us.

I didn't blame him for wanting to distance himself from me. No one could. In the short time we'd known each other I'd caused him so much trouble, probably more if Duke or Aiden tell the Dean about what happened in the laundry room.

I shook my head.

Let it go, Audrey. I told myself. What's done is done.

But was that really it? Was there nothing I could do to atone for my actions?

"Um, Miss Ridley,"

Duke was watching me warily, concerned no doubt by my absentmindedness.

"You okay?" Aiden asked, confused.

I looked back to see the bridge behind us. We'd crossed it without my noticing.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I scratched my head, surprised by how lost in thought I had been. "Kind of spaced out there for a minute."

"Clearly," Aiden chuckled dryly. "Does that happen often?"

Before I could say anything, my stomach growled, helping me avoid discussing my thoughts.

"Only when I'm hungry," I smiled, a little embarrassed, but relieved. "Can we squeeze in a lunch break?"

"No need, Miss Ridley." Duke opened the door leading into the dorm building. "That was the end of the tour. Do you have any questions?"

I couldn't think of any then, at least, not any that were academically relevant. "I have a few, actually."

We were heading towards the banquet hall, our slow steps echoing off every guilded surface inside.

"I'm afraid that we are pressed for time," Duke replied smoothly. "But I may be able to answer one or two."

Okay, what was I most curious about? There was something that I probably shouldn't have brought up, something that never really struck me as odd until that moment.

And now that it'd finally dawned on me, I felt dumb for not asking about it sooner.

"Why was Nero naked?"

Aiden and Duke froze in place, visibly stunned by my offhanded question.

"Um," Duke cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, is there something you wish to say?" He asked Aiden impatiently, who was snickering beside him.

Aiden straightened up, trying half-heartedly to pull himself together. He shook his head in response to Duke, failing to hide the giggles that wracked his body.

I gawked at him incredulously. Was he high? My question wasn't funny... Was it?

"Well, Miss Ridley, Nero is an excellent swimmer." Duke began, rubbing the back of his neck. "And the reason why he is such a great swimmer is because he swims--ahem--nude."

He seemed uncomfortable talking about Nero's bareness. Maybe that's what Aiden found funny?

"Oh," I replied, moving with Aiden and Duke when they started walking again. "Nero had mentioned something about doing a perimeter check when we first met--when I saw him naked. He does that by swimming?"

"Yes," Duke answered. "He swims around the island twice a day; once in the morning, then again at night. It's to ensure none of the students endanger the marine life native to these waters."

"And to make sure some jackass doesn't drown trying to show off." Aiden added with an eye roll.

Duke gave him a stern look, but he ignored it, adding, "just think of Nero as an unofficial, nude lifeguard."

We got to the banquet hall, already filled with hungry students, and I said goodbye to the two Camp Sec members.

"Thanks for showing me around," I added politely, a little bummed to see them go.

"It was our pleasure," Duke bowed.

"Do you have any more questions?" Aiden asked after bowing too.

I thought about it.

"No," I finally decided. "But I do have a request."

They raised their eyebrows, intrigued.

"Call me Audrey. All this 'Miss Ridley' business is just too formal. I'm really not used to it."

They smiled fondly, bowing yet again.

"If that is your wish...Audrey." Duke said, wearing a small smile.

"Enjoy your lunch, Audrey." Aiden was grinning, turquoise eyes sparkling with delight.

I giggled at their eagerness to say my first name, then waved them off as they left me to lunch.

~~~~~

After grabbing a turkey sub and chips, I found Jo and Connor sitting in the same spot we sat in for breakfast. I barely had time to sit down, let alone eat, when they started bombarding me with questions.

"Connor said you ditched the freshmen tour."

"Yeah, where did you go?"

"Why were you with Camp Sec?"

"Are you in trouble?"

I half-chuckled at their curiosity, a little surprised that they even cared about what happened to me. "Jeez, straight to the point, then?"

"Sorry,"

They apologized in unison.

"It's fine, I get it." I shrugged. "You guys are just curious."

"That's an understatement. What the hell happened to you?"

Connor asked, propping his elbows up on the table.

I told them about what had lured me away from the other freshmen, the faint whistling I'd heard. Then, leaving out my very awkward run-in with Nero, I told them about Dean Lachlan bailing on the private tour he was supposed to give me. And then, when I got to my encounter with Aiden and Duke, I carefully omitted the altercation that Nero and Duke had shared.

"It was pretty boring, actually." I mumbled, not looking up from my meal. "They showed me around and brought me back here."

I took a bite of sandwich to keep from saying anything else, and waited for Jo and Connor's response.

"You heard a whistle?"

Connor finally asked.

I nodded, mouth still full of food.

"I didn't hear anything." He added skeptically.

I swallowed down my food to shrug. "It was coming from around the dock, so I barely heard it myself."

"So who was it?"

Jo asked enthusiastically.

I cocked my head. "Who was what?"

She took a drink of juice before elaborating. "Who was whistling?"

"Oh," I blinked. "I don't know. Whoever it was was gone by the time I got there."

Close one. I almost tripped myself up there.

Connor and Jo watched me for a moment, as if weighing what I had said. Just then, Dean Lachlan strolled in to address all the students.

"If I could have everyone's attention, please."

As always, the Dean's voice silenced the room.

"Thank you," he gave us all a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "As you all know, tomorrow is the first day of classes. You should also be aware of the nine p.m curfew we have for weekdays."

He started pacing, his hands in his pockets. "But, what I have failed to mention is the new rule regarding curfew. Starting tomorrow, if anyone is caught outside of the dorms after curfew--regardless of whether or not it is a school night--will have their final grade in one class reduced by one point."

A few people gasped, some muttered amongst themselves, but no one dared to question the Dean.

"After the first offense, if you are found breaking curfew again, you will lose a point in two classes." He continued, stopping at the end of my table. "And if the behavior continues? More points will be taken away from more classes, which will eventually lead to academic probation."

The room went deadly quiet. Everyone just gawked at each other, jaws hanging open and eyes wide.

"However," Dean Lachlan added after he saw nobody was going to object. "This rule does not apply to any extracurricular activities, such as club meetings or sports practices, as well as the the mid-term ball."

Connor and I turned to Jo, the Dean's words fading into the background.

She looked whiter than a sheet, absolutely mute and rigid. Then, her expression changed, from helpless to downright wicked as her posture relaxed. She closed her mouth, her lips pulling over her teeth in a devious grin. What was she planning?

"If there aren't any questions," Dean Lachlan said. "Then, I will leave you all to enjoy your lunch, and the rest of your day."

Granting me a glance and warm smile, the Dean left, signaling an explosion of chatter amongst the students.

"What're you grinning about?"

Connor asked Jo.

"Oh, nothing." She replied slyly, twirling a strand of her red hair. "Just thinking about joining a club."

"Got any clubs in mind?"

I asked, amused by her impish behavior.

She took a sip of juice, then leaned in. "Maybe one. How do you guys feel about balls?"

A/N*
Yes, another chapter done! Hope you guys are still reading and enjoying this. Questions? Just wanna say hi? Comment below! And as always, thank you all so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 128K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...
13.4K 1.1K 16
Barely surviving the fight that saw her demons defeated, Chevonne imagined the worst behind them. She imagined wrong. Old enemies never truly go aw...
121K 4.8K 34
**Featured on Wattpad Werewolf profile. Female Alpha category** Hush now, lock your doors. When the lights go out Hear us roar All through the night...
229K 13.9K 45
#1 in New guy Audrey has finally made it through her first semester at Lachlan University. Now it's Christmas break, and while other students are hea...