Fire and Ice (YYH)

By XxScarletMaidenxX

This used to be on my old account XxDarkSuccubusxX. I don't like summaries so I'm not writing one, have fun... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eight

366 25 22
By XxScarletMaidenxX

~Kimi's POV~

Everything was a blur. I wasn't entirely sure if I was really functioning or if I'd fallen into some sort of trancelike state and everything that was happening was just a projection of my coping mind. Kurama and Hiei had showed up in an attempt to console me, their mouths were moving but it sounded like I was underwater only catching slight glimpses of conversation. Somehow they'd led me from the interrogation room and brought me to a much more comforting room. Yusuke and Kuwabara were there, I thought, and so was a toddler, a talking toddler, which led me to believe none of this was really happening and I'd probably hit my head or collapsed from smoke inhalation and was currently in a coma somewhere.

The toddler had attempted to explain something to me, about spirit world, and demons there was mention of a spirit beast and a spirit detective. Everything was spirit this spirit that and it made my heart hurt painfully in my chest as I remembered Dee's final moments. My best and only friend was dead, because of me.

"I think she may be in shock." A familiar scratchy voice said softly from behind me and it took me a moment to orient myself to my surroundings. I was in some sort of sitting room curled up in a ball atop a comfy plush sofa hugging a mint green pillow to my chest as if my life depended on it.

"What gave you that idea, genius?" Yusuke barked in reply and a thought crossed my mind, I could hear everyone clearly, it didn't sound like I was underwater anymore.

My body ached as I attempted to move, keeping me frozen in place. How long had I been like this? Every muscle screamed in protest at the thought of moving as if my body had adjusted to staying in this position and now would never move again. I looked down at my hands desperately clinging to the pillow in my arms and stared for a long moment. My nails were longer and pointed now, but that wasn't the only unusual thing, there was also a mess of brilliant auburn tinged golden blonde hair falling around me in perfect silken waves. Blonde hair? When did I get blonde hair? But the madness didn't stop there, curled up at my side was an absurd brilliant auburn fox tail with a snow-capped tip. Were the guys playing some kind of prank on me in a pitiful attempt to cheer me up?

"I kind of thought she'd take the news a little better." Yusuke added and I realized I'd zoned out of their conversation at some point.

"I don't think she heard anything that's been said to her this entire time." Hiei noted from somewhere across the room.

An image of me desperately clinging to him with tears streaming down my pallid cheeks flitted through my mind along with my own choked words, 'please kill me'. Had I really said that? But why? I couldn't leave, Nana needed me... Nana? Did Nana know where I was? Did Nana know what I was? Did Nana know about Dee? Another wave of agony surged through me and my body screamed in protest as I gripped the pillow against me more tightly.

"Ah!" Kuwabara yelped from somewhere behind me, "She moved!"

"She's not a zombie, moron." Yusuke muttered, "She's not moving now though." He added.

"Probably a muscle spasm." Kurama said sympathetically.

"Nana." I breathed and cringed at the sound of my own voice, it was soft and scratchy as if I'd been screaming my head off for hours or crying endlessly for days on end, which with my current perception of time could all very well be possible.

"She said something." Yusuke noted and I heard the scrape of a chair sliding against wood as if he'd gotten up abruptly from a table. "Kimi, are you with us?" He asked softly, his voice getting louder as he got closer.

"She said, Nana." Hiei supplied as he suddenly appeared before me, his crimson eyes soft and filled with concern as he leaned in front of me to inspect me carefully. "She's awake." He said softly as he met my eyes and must have seen some semblance of clarity reflected within them. "Can you move?" He asked.

I gave my head the slightest of shakes and instantly regretted it as my body protested agonizingly.

"She's been sitting in one position for so long it's not surprising." Kurama said softly and I watched curiously as his hand easily gripped my wrist from behind and he tenderly began to pull me free.

I winced at the sudden movement and struggled to move on my own. "What does Nana know?" I managed to utter between gasps of pain as Kurama somehow got me to my feet.

Everyone exchanged wary looks, "We planned to tell her that we were on a school trip." Kurama began.

"But?" I asked worried as they all looked to the floor guiltily.

"Koenma thought it would be easier for her to forget about your existence in the event you couldn't control your demonic side." Hiei admitted softly as he met my eyes.

What? Forget? "Nana doesn't remember me?" I asked distantly. Not only had I lost my best and only friend, but the woman who'd raised me too?

"Just for now, Kimi. Until Koenma is sure you're no threat, he'll return Nana's memories." Kurama attempted to be reasonable but I felt myself teetering over the edge, felt the last of my reservations of wanting to cling to sanity begin to slip away. Dee was dead. Nana didn't even know of my existence. My whole world had gone up in flames.

"Why would he want her to forget me?" I stammered as I felt myself shutting down once more, "She's all I have left." My body felt heavy and I wanted to curl into a ball once more, "I need her!" As my panic grew the temperature in the room plummeted. A single tear slipped from my hold and crystallized on my cheek turning into a frozen gem upon my cheek.

"I thought you said she'd be stable." An unfamiliar voice sounded from the doorway and I spotted a man with dark brown hair and a brilliant blue pacifier in his mouth looking no more than twenty years old.

"Koenma, she's still processing-."

Koenma? He was the one who made Nana forget?

"YOU!" I snarled and miraculously flitted away from the group lunging for the snobbish man with the pacifier. "GIVE NANA BACK!"

"KIMI!" Kurama, Yusuke and Kuwabara panicked and attempted to pull me away from the man.

Hiei smirked and leaned against the wall with his hands crossed over his chest watching the drama unfold with amusement dancing in his crimson eyes. "I'd say she has every right to kick his as-."

"NOT HELPING!" Yusuke growled as he struggled to hold me back while Kurama and Kuwabara put some distance between me and Koenma.

"LET ME GO!" I shrieked and was amazed when the ground around my feet suddenly turned to ice; Yusuke gasped behind me as his arms that had been touching me were frozen solid. "Ah! Yusuke! I'm sorry!" I panicked.

"That's alright, Kimi, you're pissed, I get it." Yusuke grimaced.

"Turn back." I groaned in protest as I uselessly waved my arms around in an attempt to draw back the ice. "Unfreeze!" I called dramatically with some weird hand gestures only succeeding in causing Yusuke to crack up laughing.

"You have absolutely no idea how ridiculous you look right now." He chuckled.

"I'm trying to fix it!" I stammered and jumped as fire suddenly sparked in the palms of my hands. "AH! What now?!" I panicked as I shook my hands trying to get the fire to go away.

"Fire and Ice?" Koenma asked distantly. "What an odd mix." He noted only to receive a glare from Hiei in the process.

"If you calm down, you'll have better control." Kurama piped in with a soft smile as I tried not to singe off Yusuke's face.

I took a deep breath and struggled to calm the mess of emotions within me and watched miraculously as both the fire and ice vanished. "Now, how do I direct all that, at him?" I motioned to the man with the pacifier causing Hiei to chuckle.

"Kimi, he's not the bad guy." Kuwabara grinned goofily, "He's going to bring Dee back for you."

"Huh?" I looked from Kuwabara to the man with the pacifier curiously, "You can bring Dee back?" My heart skipped a beat, "Really?"

"She wasn't supposed to die." Koenma noted, "And as it turns out your friend Dee had some spirit energy, it's a tricky process, but she may be able to come back, with this." He held out a strange glowing golden egg, "A spirit beast."

"Hey, how come Urameshi didn't get one of those?" Kuwabara looked to Koenma curiously.

"You died?" I asked Yusuke incredulously.

Yusuke smirked, "Yep."

"How?"

"Saving a kid." He stated proudly.

From the short time I'd known him, I was a little skeptical about this, but chose not to say anything more on the matter.

"I sacrificed it to save Keiko from that house fire." Yusuke shrugged in response to Kuwabara's questioning.

"Actually, your egg wasn't destroyed, it's still growing." Koenma noted causing Yusuke to pause.

"Huh?!"

"I'm sorry, can we get back to Dee, now." I interrupted before Koenma could explain further.

"Oh, right. Botan should be here with her any minute." Koenma cut off as there was a knock at the door behind him.

A pretty young woman with long vibrant light blue hair swept into a high ponytail and bright pink eyes wearing a pink and lavender kimono bowed into the room. "Koenma sir, I've brough-." She cut off with a yelp as someone pushed past her, a familiar someone with short dark hair, dark eyes and a slew of tattoos and piercings, Dee!

"KIMI!" Dee swept me into a bone crushing hug before pausing and holding me at arm's length away. "You don't look like my Kimi, but you have my Kimi's eyes, and you feel like my Kimi." She stared down at me intently before rubbing my new furry ears.

An involuntary spasm shot through me as she rubbed my ears and my knees buckled instantly causing me to drop to the floor with a squeak. What was that?!

"Oh! You're like a cute little puppy!" Dee squealed.

"Dee, you're really real?" I asked in awe.

"You sound like my sweet little Kimi! You must be my Kimi!" Dee cheered as she pulled me in for another hug. She reached up to rub my ears again and I let out a squeak of protest as I was overcome with a strange sensation and felt like I'd be reduced to a puddle. It made me weak and tingly all over.

"Ah! Don't do that!" I yelped as I hurriedly tried to cover my ears. My face burned hot.

"AWH!" Dee and the pretty blue haired lady squealed simultaneously, "SO CUTE!" They cried in unison and before I knew it I was being squished between them.

"Can't...breathe..." I squeaked.

"Oh! Sorry Kimi!" Dee smiled ruefully, "I'm just happy you're okay. It was so awful, I could see and hear everything but I had no control and I couldn't stop it." Her smile turned somber, "You tried so hard to save me. I'm sorry."

"W-why are you apologizing!" I cried as I hugged her tightly, "It's my fault you were caught up in all of this, I'm the one who needs to apologize!" My emotions were running away with me again. The floor beneath me turned to ice and Dee clung to me as she lost her balance.

"That's new." Dee looked to the ice on the floor, "Keep it up and I'm renaming you, Elsa." She teased me, not seeming the least bit bothered by the fact that she was dead.

Video- "BPHMT" By Meinhard (Guys... don't ask... I have very eclectic musical tastes and this is just what was playing at the time of posting...okay...don't judge me, I love him!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 2.4K 25
Because these boys need more love. SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SPELLING OR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. IF YOU COPY THIS STORY I WILL REPORT YOU FOR PLAGIARISM.
3.5K 117 50
10 years ago, the psychic, Genkai used her powers to create the only cure for the 'pulse' curse. a terrible, and deadly power that rears its head in...
5.7K 106 14
-Story scene: 'Suddenly I feel quite sick and jumped out of bed and ran as quickly as I could to the master bedroom bathroom. I threw up in the toile...
29.5K 1K 77
Yoko Kurama was believed to be a fox that would never settle down and remain a cold hearted thief all because he never got to know what love is. Howe...