The Lucky Bump

By liv814

{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His... More

Prologue | Rock With You
Characters | Tattoo
Chapter 1 | Start of Something New
Chapter 3 | Summer Shade
Chapter 4 | Friends
Chapter 5 | She Looks So Perfect
Chapter 6 | Crush
Chapter 7 | A Million Dreams
Chapter 8 | Same Girl
Chapter 9 | M. I. A.
Chapter 10 | Treat You Better
Chapter 11 | My Dilemma
Chapter 12 | Rewrite the Stars
Chapter 13 | 10,000 Hours
Chapter 14 | You Belong with Me
Chapter 15 | Last First Kiss
Chapter 16 | Better With You
Chapter 17 | He Could Be the One
Chapter 18 | Nobody But You
Chapter 19 | Walk with Me
Chapter 20 | Marry You
Epilogue | Perfect
Playlist | Yeah!
Other Stories & A/N
Life with Colton

Chapter 2 | Party in the USA

24.8K 571 99
By liv814

Zac stared at the brunette. She was stunning and unlike any girl he had seen before. She continued to stare at his hand. He had just introduced himself to her.

Hailey was in shock. Zac Logan was in front of her, talking to her. She was no one compared to him. Why was he talking to her? Oh yeah, she broke the bottle of Vodka. She took his hand, shaking it. She noticed a weird shock flow through her body. She ignored him and gave him a timid smile.

"I'm Hailey." She said. Zac grinned at her. He was breaking through this girl's shell. He had a feeling like he was going to be seeing her a lot more and for once, he was glad.

"I'm having a party tonight. You should come. You can bring your friends or your boyfriend." He told her. She watched her stare back at him. He wanted to know if she was taken while Hailey wanted to know why he was inviting her. Was this the universe telling her to have some fun for once? Her brother was going to his party and Ben encouraged her to go too.

"Maybe." She found herself saying. She needed to think it through. Did she want to go to a party full of wild, unsupervised teenagers? She was sure alcohol was going to be present. Zac Logan was here buying it. Wait, how can he purchase it? She was sure he wasn't twenty-one.

"You need to come. It's supposed to be legendary." He stated, breaking through her thoughts. He knew it was true. All his parties were amazing, thanks to his parents' wealth.

"Maybe. I'm supposed to babysit my little sister tonight." She told him. Although she knew it wasn't true. She just didn't know if she wanted to become friends with the school's most popular guy. He's known for sleeping with girls and then forgetting them. She didn't want to be a number to add to his list.

"I promise it'll be fun." Zac said before slipping his phone out of his pocket. He unlocked it and clicked on the messages app. "Give me your number and i'll text you the address."

"Okay." She whispered. She took his iPhone X and typed in her number. She could feel his intimidating gaze on her as she typed. She soon saved it and handed him the expensive phone.

"I'll see you tonight babe." He said. He plastered on his signature smirk and gave her a once over. She was definitely different. He then grabbed his cart and pushed it out of the aisle. He needed to buy chips. He was sure Nate and Evan could get the rest of the alcohol. He wanted to leave without her backing out of coming. He just hoped she'd show up.

Hailey watched his retreating figure. She didn't know what just happened. Did she really just bump into the Zac Logan? All her life she had steered clear of him and his friends. Well, she tried to. His best friend Nate Price doesn't seem to leave her alone. It's like he has this obsession with her. She didn't like it. She didn't like him at all.

The thought of Nate made her want to forget about the party. She wanted nothing to do with him. He was worse than Zac. He was the real bad boy. She was sure he'd rule the school if it wasn't for Zac Logan being practically perfect. Every girl wants a smart, athletic, hot guy. Zac Logan was that while Nate Price was only hot and a troublemaker. Don't get her wrong, they are both insanely attractive. She just rather have the one with more qualities.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She slid it out, assuming it was only Josh. He keeps tabs on her, more so that she's officially an adult now. She doesn't understand why he's so protective, but didn't really care to ever ask.

As she unlocked her phone, her eyes widened upon realization of who the text was from. She felt her heart began to race. Was she supposed to reply now?

Unknown: can't wait to see you tonight.

Unknown: party starts @ 9.

She reread his words, making her heart go into a frenzy. Maybe she should go to this party. She'd finally get Luke off her back for always being at home. She could even meet some people and learn to have some fun. Okay, that was a bit of a stretch, but going for an hour wouldn't cause any harm. Right? She shook away her doubts. She was going. She just hoped Josh would let her.

-

Looking down at her outfit, she felt out of place. Everyone else was dressed to impress. She was simply wearing a pair of dark wash ripped jeans and a white flowey tank top with a pair of black sandals. She at least had the decency of wearing light make up and curling her brown locks. She didn't have anything else to wear. This was her first party.

She gazed at the scene in front of her. It was like straight out of a movie. Kids were running around with red solo cups in their hands. Girls were wearing absolutely nothing while guys stared at them with hunger. It was definitely a high school party. Maybe she shouldn't have come. She was out of place and didn't know anyone. This only reminded her of her nonexistent social life.

Having grown up without her parents, left a hole in her heart. She tried to fill it up with school and work. She only ever focused on them and her family. One would imagine that she'd have a few friends or at least know a few people. She knew of people and had very few acquaintances that she made in class, but never enough to call them friends. She had just stuck to herself, helping her brothers take care of the rest.

She decided to stand near the door in case she needed an escape route. If she didn't find him in ten minutes, she was leaving. Luke could find his own way home. She glanced around, hearing laughter.

Hailey looked around and saw him. He was standing over by the balcony that over looked the city. She stood there unsure of whether to go up to him. She wanted to say hi. That's the decent thing to do since he invited her. She took a deep breath and walked up to me.

His back was turned to her, allowing her some time to breathe. His brown messy locks moved in the slight breeze. She was entranced, not noticing that they were now alone.

"Hi." She spoke. Zac turned around, a smirk plastered on his face. She admired his body encased by his signature black leather jacket. Yeah, he was definitely attractive.

"You made it." He said. She nodded. She was frozen, not knowing what to say. He had a weird effect on her. She didn't like that she felt powerless against him. "You look beautiful."

She opened her mouth before shutting it quickly. She only had met him hours before, yet she still couldn't believe it. Zac knew who she was and was complimenting her. He called her beautiful. She didn't even think she was dressed right. She knew she wasn't.

"Hi." She squeaked. He chuckled. She involuntary shivered upon hearing his laugh. The way his eyes gazed into hers made her heart do stupid flips in her chest.

"You already said that babe. Now come on. I want to introduce you to my friends." He told her. He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her deeper into the party. She ignored the weird sparks that flowed from his touch.

Her eyes began to dart from side to side. It was her first time ever at a party. She had only ever seen them in movies. They don't do them justice to the real live thing. She saw girls half naked, running around without a care in the world. Others had their tongues down guys throats, even down some girls. She scrunched her face in disgust upon seeing some jock chugging beer out of a keg. A group of guys surrounded him, cheering him on. She moved her gaze onto a group of people in the kitchen. They seemed like the normal people she wished she knew. The people she wished she was friends with.

"Hey guys." Zac said approaching them. The group turned to look at them. She knew who they were and one knew her. She gulped as his eyes made contact with his own.

"Wow. Hailey Foster at a party. I didn't know you knew what they were." Nate said with an arrogant smirk. She rolled her eyes. How could she forget about him being Zac's best friend.

Zac watched the scene unfold. He didn't like how Nate was treating her. He tightened his hold around Hailey's waist. He felt a gaze on him. He saw Bella, Evan's twin sister smirking. He ignored it and focused on his best friend.

"Nate." Hailey stated. She didn't want to interact with him. She just wanted to be with Zac. Maybe with the girls and Evan, too. She just didn't want to be with Nate and his infuriating smirk.

Zac frowned as Nate's smirk deepened. What is Nate planning? Nate continued to stare down at Hailey. His hold only seemed to tighten on Hailey. He wasn't going to let Nate anywhere near her. Even if Nate was his best friend.

"Want to dance?" Nate asked. Zac's hold couldn't get any tighter on Hailey's waist. She didn't know what was causing him to do it but she didn't not like it. His arm continued to shoot little sparks up her body. It made her tingle inside.

"No thank you." Hailey told Nate with a blake face. The girls all laughed as Nate's smirk only seemed to grow bigger.

"You will one day." Nate said before taking a sip of his beer. "There's Sash. See you all later."

The boy then disappeared out of the kitchen. Hailey didn't bother to follow his figure. She never liked him and never would. He was an arrogant ass who always got what he wanted. She hated it.

"You are our new best friend." Bella said. Mariah nodded. She focused on the two girls. They were extremely different from each other, especially her. What's that saying? Opposites attract? "I'm Bella by the way."

"I'm Mariah. I love your top." The blond of the two said. She was slightly 5'6" with light blond hair and bright blue eyes. She was built, but in a good way. She definitely played sports.

Bella was a brunette and shorter than Mariah. She was around 5'4" and had an amazing body. Her brown eyes, almost hazel, shined in the light. She had similar figures to Evan. He was her twin brother.

Zac watched as the two girls he called sisters introduced themselves. He loosened his hold on Hailey, but maintained his arm around her body. It was as if she was a magnet and he needed to have his arm around her. He wasn't sure why, but he wasn't going to question it.

"Hey Zac, we're gonna go dance." Bella said as she reached for Hailey. His eyes widened as Bella's smirk deepened. He felt his cheeks heat up. "Could you let go over her now?" She teased.

He quickly unwrapped his arm, already missing her warmth. He watched as the three girls disappeared into the living room. He turned to Bella's twin, his best friend. He was studying him.

"What Ev?" He asked. He grabbed a new bottle of beer from a cooler and began to chug it. He never felt those weird spark things and it frightened him. He also never wanted a girl to be near him as much as he wanted Hailey in his arms. It was weird.

"You like her." Evan stated. Zac raised an eyebrow, not believing this. He had only met her hours before. That is not possible.

"No I don't. I only met her today. Meddle in someone else's love life." Zac said with annoyance. That only seemed to trigger Evan. He then began to laugh and loudly. "Shut up!"

"Dude, you know she's Luke's sister. Luke Foster? Who also happens to be Josh Foster's brother?" Evan said. He widened his eyes. Luke was on the football team with them. He was one of his close friends considering he was a year younger than him. Luke always talked about his protective older brother Josh who took the parental roll when they lost their parents. He didn't know much about the family except that they're really close and don't let anyone in.

Zac also knew that Josh was once the best football player in the state. He heard stories about his plays and wins. He was definitely his role model when he was in junior high. He was saddened that he never got to see him action.

"So what if she's a Foster?" Zac defended. Evan smirked.

"Good luck getting on their good side. They already hate Nate." Evan chuckled. He rolled his eyes. He was different than Nate. Yeah, he was his best friend, but he's an idiot.

"Dude, we're just friends. Nothing is ever gonna happen." He told Evan. Evan shrugged but held his smirk. He sighed, turning to look at the girl of their conversation. She was dancing and seemed to be enjoying life. They were only friends, right?

Hailey felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. She felt as if someone watching her. She turned away from the two girls and saw Zac. He was staring right at her. He had an unreadable expression. She felt subconscious and stopped dancing. She then turned back to the girls. They both had smirks.

"So Zac?" Bella asked. Hailey felt her cheeks heat up. She didn't know why she suddenly felt embarrassed by the mention of his name.

"What about Zac?" She asked. She turned back and saw that Zac was still watching her. It made her heart flip.

"You like him." Mariah stated. Hailey shook her head. Impossible.

"I only met him at the grocery store today." Hailey told them. She then proceeded to retell the story about her clumsiness. "So, no. I don't like him."

"You find him attractive right?" Bella asked. Hailey sighed, nodding. "Zac is a great guy. Now if only he could settle down. Besides, I think he likes you."

"What? Why? What?" She asked with confusion. Mariah then nodded her head, causing Hailey to turn around. She ran into a hard wall. She stepped back, rubbing her nose. Thank god she didn't break it. She looked up and gulped. It was Zac.

"Can we dance?" Zac asked. Hailey nodded, not being able to find the words. Zac quickly wrapped his arms around her waist. She kept her arms at her sides. Was she supposed to place them on his shoulders? "Wrap your arms around my neck Hails. I promise I won't bite."

She felt her cheeks heat up. She did as she was told, feeling butterflies in her stomach. She only hoped they were from nerves. This was the first time she dances with a guy that isn't her brother.

There bodies began to sway. She let herself relax, enjoying being in his arms. It was different and she liked it. She didn't know what it meant but she just hoped something good will finally happen to her.

Zac looked down at her. She was definitely beautiful. He liked having her in his arms. Was Evan right? Did he like her? He had only met her hours before, yet he didn't want to be away from her. Was she the one he was looking for? Because if she was, he was glad he finally found her.

~~~~~~~~
I am so excited to start. I know I said July 23rd but like Zac is hot & is urging me to continue his love story. So comment and vote!
xoxo,
Liv814

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 15.1K 53
Highest Rank - #20 in Teen Fiction Elizabeth Conner is a normal 17 year old girl...well that's what it seems like for everyone else. She had a normal...
60.1K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
471K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...