Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XVII- Rules

19.7K 975 245
By TashaPageWriting

"P-please, whatever you're planning-"

"Quiet," Ben said simply and he looked at Sasha who was trying to discretely text on her phone. "Throw the phone out of the window!" Ben called and waved his gun. "Or I'll kill you."

Sasha froze. Ben aimed the gun.

"Stop it!" Brooke yelled and lurched forward. "She's got nothing to do with any of this!"

"Behave," the guy holding Brooke snapped and tightened his grasp. Brooke had cut her neck and a trickle of blood was sliding down her neck.

"Don't make me ask again," Ben called and Sasha quickly threw her phone out of the window.

"How are you alive?" Brooke asked. "You're dead. You d-died."

"You mean your mate murdered me?" Ben said and raised his eyebrows. "I had someone to save me."

Brooke frowned. "Rogue. Rogue connects all of this together. Rogue is a werewolf, you hate werewolves! Why are you working with him!"

Ben smiled and tucked the gun into his jeans. "Because he can give me what I want."

"Revenge," Brooke whispered and suddenly she feared for Harry.

"Revenge," Ben nodded. "I'm going to make Harry suffer. And then, I'll kill him."

"P-please, Ben, we were friends! Don't do this! We worked together-"

"That didn't stop you from stepping in when your mate tried to murder me. You watched. You did nothing!" Ben spat.

"What the hell could I do against Harry!" Brooke snapped. "You of all people know how weak I am compared to him!"

"He listens to you! You could've talked him out of it!"

"Ben, you were hunting werewolves!" Brooke cried. "You'd killed so many innocent people!"

"Well, at least Harry isn't innocent," Ben shrugged.

"Please!" Brooke pleaded.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on killing him for a while," Ben smiled. He walked up to Brooke and grabbed her chin. She cringed under his touch. "I've got lots planned before I take his life."

"He's in my head," Brooke whispered. "He's coming. He knows where I am-"

"Don't lie, Brooke," Ben tutted. "He's not in your head."

"I... I-"

"You don't want him to find out," Ben said and smirked. "Do you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Brooke whispered.

"You're surprisingly bad at lying, Brooke," Ben said and Brooke gasped when he grabbed her and pulled her forward. "Lets go on a little trip."

"What about the girl?" The guy that was holding Brooke asked. He looked over his shoulder at Sasha.

"She's irrelevant. Leave her," Ben said dismissively and he dragged Brooke further down the dark road. They reached his car and Brooke panicked, fighting against Ben when he opened the trunk.

"No, get off me! Let me go!" Brooke yelled and desperately tried to run from him.

"Get in," Ben snapped.

Brooke closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to let Harry in. She would just have to accept the fact that he would find out her secret.

As soon as she removed the block from her mind she felt Harry's presence immediately.

*Babe, what's wrong? Where are you?*

*H-Harry-* Brooke's thoughts were cut off and she gasped when there was a sharp prick in her neck. She looked up at Ben with wide eyes as he removed the needle from her neck. She suddenly couldn't feel Harry.

He was gone.

"W-what-"

"It's a nice little invention of mine," Ben smiled. "Blocks the mindlink of mates and pack members. Now get in the fucking car."

"Go to hell," Brooke snapped.

"We're already there," Ben whispered and grabbed the back of Brooke's neck, shoving her into the trunk of the car. She yelled out and fought against him, but he over powered her.

Brooke looked up and her eyes widened when she saw a button on the inside of the trunk. She was sure it released the trunk from the inside.

"Oh, Brooke, it's not going to be that easy," Ben chuckled and he grabbed Brooke's arm that wasn't in a cast and handcuffed her to the inside of the trunk.

"You bastard," Brooke hissed. "You're going to regret this, Harry's going to-"

Ben rolled his eyes and held his had out. The guy passed him a roll of duct tape and he ripped a piece off, securing it over Brooke's mouth.

"Now, Alec," Ben turned to the guy- Alec- and smiled. The trunk was suddenly closed and Brooke was surrounded in darkness. She could still here Ben. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"

*

Tai watched with wide eyes as the man who had kidnapped Brooke drove away. After being at the diner with Brandon and Raiden, she had eventually managed to go on the run she planned.

The run didn't last very long before she stumbled upon... that.

Tai swore and burst out from behind the trees. She rushed over to Sasha who was sitting in the car in shock. "Oi, wake up!" Tai snapped and opened the car door, shaking Sasha.

"W-wha-"

"Move over," Tai ordered. "Move the fuck over, you withering idiot!"

Sasha gasped softly, and let Tai push her across to the passenger seat. "Brooke- she- g-gun-"

"Shut up," Tai said and got into the drivers seat. She started the car and sped off into the night. "I know what you've just experienced is frightening, but I'm sure Brooke is going through worse than you. You need to man the fuck up, and tell me exactly what happened. Who was that guy?"

"I..." Sasha's breaths came out in short gasps. "He... he was dead. He- that's not possible-"

"Hey, um... Shit, what's your name?" Tai said. She knew this girl was one of Brooke's friends, but she hadn't met her properly.

"S-Sasha."

"Okay, Sasha, what do you mean he's dead?" Tai asked.

"Brooke said Harry killed him!" Sasha panicked. "I thought he died in a car crash!"

"Sasha!" Tai yelled. "Who the fuck is he?"

"His name is B-Ben. He was Brooke's manager, before he d-died," Sasha choked out.

Tai sighed. "God, this town is fucked up," she muttered. "What else can you tell me?"

"I don't know!" Sasha cried. "What's going to happen to Brooke!"

Tai gritted her teeth. "I have no idea."

*

Tai slammed the breaks on the car when she reached the pack house and she jumped out, running up to the front door. She smashed her fist onto the wood and yelled loudly.

"Someone open the fuck u-"

"Tai," Ace gasped when he opened the door. "What's wrong?"

"Something's happened, to Brooke," Tai said.

"I know, Harry's freaking out. He can't get into her head-"

"He won't be able to. She's been kidnapped," Tai explained.

"How the hell do you know this?" Ace demanded and gently grabbed Tai's arm, pulling her into the house.

"I saw it happen," Tai said. "I wanted to help, but he had a gun... I'm good, but I wasn't going to be much use against a gun."

"Kidnapped? By who?"

Tai sighed. "That's a question you need to ask her." Tai pointed to the car where Sasha was sitting, her eyes still wide with shock.

"Indie!" Ace yelled and after a few moments Indianna came walking down the stairs. She looked worried and she sighed, running her fingers through her hair.

"Yeah?" She said and looked up, frowning when she saw Tai. "What is it?"

"Brooke's been kidnapped," Ace said. "Tai saw it happen."

"She what?" Harry's yell travelled through the house and he came rushing down the stair. "You better tell me fucking everything-"

"Harry!" Ace said sharply. "Take a step back and calm down!"

"Calm down!" Harry fumed. "What if it was Tai that had been kidnapped!"

Ace stiffened and he turned to Tai. "Tai saw the whole thing. Apparently Sasha was there as well."

"Why didn't you do anything!" Harry yelled and stepped forward.

"I didn't want to get shot!" Tai snapped and Oscar joined the guys at the bottom of the stairs. He stood in front of Harry and firmly shoved him back.

"Don't get angry at her," Oscar said sternly.

"I would've helped, if I knew I could've helped! If I'd have stepped in I would've been shot," Tai said. "This guy didn't seem like he was messing about."

"Who was he?" Indianna asked.

"B-Ben." Sasha had walked up to the door. "But he's d-dead."

"Shit," Oscar swore and he had to throw Harry back into the wall. "Harry, you freaking out isn't going to help Brooke!"

"That's impossible!" Harry growled and fought against Oscar. "He is dead, I killed him!"

"Shit, Brooke was telling the truth," Sasha gasped and stumbled backwards.

"Sasha," Indianna said softly. "Come with me. Tell me what happened." Indianna took Sasha's hand and led her through the house.

"Brooke was injected with something," Tai called. "The man said how it blocks mindlinks or something."

Ace sighed. "Come on, lets all take a seat and start from the beginning." Ace placed his hand on Tai's back and guided her into the lounge. Oscar had to drag Harry behind them, if he wasn't holding onto him then he had no doubt Harry would be out of the pack house and on a murderous rampage.

"Tell us what you can," Ace said softly and sat down on the couch.

"This man, whoever he is, made it clear what he wants," Tai said.

"What does he want?" Oscar asked.

Tai swallowed. "Revenge."

*

Brooke blinked when the trunk was opened and she was dragged out by the guy- Alec. He grabbed her arm and yanked her over to a two story house. Ben was in front of them and he kicked the door open.

"Home sweet home," Ben called as Brooke was dragged inside and into the kitchen. She was shoved down onto a chair and she looked up at Ben with wide eyes. "You're going to be staying here for a while, with Alec. He's going to make sure you behave." Ben crouched down in front of Brooke and ripped the duct tape off.

"What are you going to achieve by keeping me here?" Brooke asked.

"Oh, I'm not keeping you here. In fact, I want you to go about your everyday life," Ben smiled. "Just without Harry."

Brooke frowned. "W-what-"

"You'll attend school, go to work, do everything as normal, but you won't go near Harry. He won't go near you."

"And how are you going to stop us from seeing each other?" Brooke snapped.

"Ah, I'm glad you asked that, Brooke," Ben grinned. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled photograph.

"No!" Brooke gasped, seeing the person in the photo. "She's got nothing to do with this! She's innocent-"

"She is the sister of a werewolf. Two of her friends are mates of werewolves. She's hardly innocent," Ben snapped. "And if you don't do as I say, then she will die. If Harry doesn't do as I say, then she'll die."

"Harry will let her die," Brooke gulped. "You know he will."

Ben shook his head. "He would want to let her die to get to you, but I'm pretty sure he won't let her die once he's had time to think things through. After all, I don't think Kal would ever forgive Harry if he allowed his sister to be killed."

Brooke swallowed and looked back at the picture. Alice was tied up, gagged, and bruised. She took a shaky breath. "Okay," Brooke whispered. "I'll do what you want. Exactly what you want."

Ben smirked. "That's what I like to hear."

*

Indianna had left Sasha in her room, to calm down, and she had gone downstairs to tell everyone what Sasha had told her.

"So, Ben, who is he exactly?" Tai asked.

"We thought he was a normal guy," Ace sighed. "Until we found out he was the reason Brooke had her car crash a few years ago."

"He was hunting me," Oscar spoke up. "I was a lone wolf, and he was a werewolf hunter. He didn't know it was me, he just thought I was a random lone wolf. I was running from him and I ran into the path of the car Brooke was in. They crashed and when Ben realised how serious it was, he vanished. Harry and Greyson questioned me, but I hid the truth, until I realised that I had to tell them who Ben was. Harry had attacked Ben's brother-"

"It was justified, he tried to force himself on Brooklyn," Harry snapped.

"And I could tell Ben wasn't happy. I knew that if Ben ever found out about Harry being a werewolf then he and the rest of the pack would be in danger. Ben is good. Very good," Oscar continued. "He's killed many werewolves. Too many to count. If Ben already had a grudge against Harry then he would be ruthless if he found out about him being a werewolf. They would be in grave danger."

"So Oscar warned us," Ace said. "And we thought nothing of it. We didn't think Ben knew about us. We didn't think we had to worry. But we were wrong and shit hit the fan."

"Literally," Kal muttered. "And it ended up Harry beating Ben to death. It was not pretty."

"How the hell did this not get mentioned before?" Indianna gasped.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "I don't go around announcing to people that I've killed someone. Especially since the brother of the person I killed goes our school."

"We passed it off as a car accident," Ace explained. "And that was the end of it."

"You know, until he decided to come back from the dead and kidnap Brooke," Kal added. He ignored Harry's glare.

"Gosh, sometimes I wish I never came to this town," Kimberly groaned.

"Um..." Tai looked around the room and sighed. "There is one more thing you should know."

"What?" Ace asked. He was sitting next to Tai. Indianna noticed how their legs were touching and she smiled.

"I think my brother is... um... mates with Brooke's cousin," Tai coughed.

"You've got to be shitting me," Harry growled. "I'm gonna kill him-"

"No," Tai said sternly. "I read that stupid book you gave me, Indianna, and it makes it pretty clear that loosing your mate is pretty bad. I will not let Raiden go through that pain and if you even try to hurt him, I will hurt you. Am I understood?"

"Who the hell do you think-"

"I'm currently trying to help you and your damn mate!" Tai hissed. "So have some fucking respect!"

"We aren't going to harm Brandon," Indianna said. "We never were planning to."

"I only found out about this recently," Kal said. "I thought we could kill him."

Tai glared at Kal.

"We need to start a search," Ace spoke up. "Tai, where were you when you saw Brooke taken?"

"The outskirts of town," Tai said. "I-"

"Sorry to interrupt kids, but I think this is for you guys." Everybody looked as Kirstie walked into the room and dropped a letter in Harry's lap. "I really hope you're sorting this fucking shitty situation out."

"We're trying," Indianna sighed.

"I love your enthusiasm, Kirst," Kal called. "Way to keep everyone's spirits high."

Kirstie raised her eyebrows. "You better come up with a plan soon, guys."

"You can always... you know," Harry glared at Kirstie, "help."

"You've got this," Kirstie shrugged and walked out of the lounge.

"Open it," Oscar said to Harry, looking at the letter on his lap.

Harry sighed and ripped open the envelope and tensed. "It's from Rogue."

Indianna took a deep breath. "Read it."

Harry gritted his teeth and looked down at the letter.

Harry,

By now I'm sure you know your mate is missing. I would've thought you would be used to this by now, but I'm sure you're not.

She's in the good hands of my dear friend Ben. You may know him. I saved his life after you killed him. Now, Ben isn't happy with you. He's rather annoyed, so you are going to do exactly as we say.

You will not approach Brooklyn. You will not talk to her. You will have no contact with her. Let's see how long you last without your mate. How long will it take for you to... snap.

Ben wants revenge. He wants you to suffer. He want you to feel pain. You will suffer, Harry. You will feel pain. How much pain is up to you, if you follow our rules Brooklyn won't be harmed... much. If you don't follow our rules she will be harmed, and so will someone else.

Do exactly as you're told and you may be able to have your mate back. Do exactly as you're told and we won't kill Alice.

-Rogue

Harry flipped over the letter and sucked in a breath when he saw a photograph of Alice, tied up and gagged.

"What?" Indianna asked, noticing Harry's change in expression.

"Kal," Harry said and passed the letter to him.

Kal paled once he read it. "He's got Alice."

"And he'll kill her if I don't do as he says," Harry said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
163K 5.7K 56
(BOOK #1) Faith was a rogue but she wasn't by choice, she was forced to be one. To live on her own in the wild for years since she was 16 years old...
12.2K 1.3K 57
Claire has to face new life changing events, when finally shifting for the first time. Can she face the threats coming at her in every direction? Wit...
18.3K 2.2K 70
Jace needs a Luna. Emma needs a way out of her cell. He makes her an offer she can't refuse: freedom for a union defying the natural order. But the p...