Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 5-

69.6K 1.5K 130
By repswiftly

I was left inside a huge dining room, with a lovely mahogany table that could sit at least 20 people. In the middle sat the most exquisite bunch of roses I’d ever seen. The chandelier was beautiful, shaped like little rain drops. I walked around, taking in the paintings, but not daring to touch anything that could be valuable. (In this case everything looked valuable).

Nathan had left me here to go to his mother. He promised to be back as soon as possible but he’d been gone for over half and hour and it was getting late. It was 11.45 and if I wasn’t back home, my parents would be worried sick.

I was trapped in the silence for so long, that my ring tone was like an earthquake. It blasted a tuneful song and I fumbled with it in my pocket. It halted when I answered it and Caroline was on the other end.

“Belle, where were you at the party? I didn’t see you, I came home just now. Where are you? I tried ringing your house, your mum says you’re still out. BELLE!”

“Let me at least speak, Caroline!” I huff and move my hair out of my face. “I’m not home because, I’ve kind of been held up.”

“How? Anyway, you’ll never guess what. My parents had to cancel the trip to France. Can you believe that?” said her shocked voice with a sigh.

“Such a shame.” I said sarcastically and looked around in case anyone was listening.

“So,” she continued. “I’m stuck at home for summer. What a bummer! So where are you?”

“If you shut up, I’ll tell you.”

All of a sudden she went quiet. Thank god that shut her up.

“Look, you know, that man I slapped today?”

She said something like ‘mm’ to show she understood.

“Well, I’m in his house and I just saw his dad die.”

“What? Mr. Blake is dead!” she yelled.

“Shut up! Let me explain. Yes he is, and I’m sure the media will find out soon enough about his death. But that’s not the point or the problem. Mr. Blake made his final wish.”

“Oh man,” he voice was serious and deeply interested in what I had to say.  “-but, that means his last wish has to be fulfilled.”

I gave a sarcastic gasp, “Really? You don’t say.” I heard her give a ‘tut’ and sigh.

“Ok, but what was his final wish?”

How was I meant to word this. How was I meant to tell her that I had to marry a man I hardly knew, but had slapped and he was someone I didn’t like. I always thought if I were to marry, then it would be to someone I deeply loved. But I didn’t love Nathan.

“TELL ME!” she bellowed and I separated the phone from my ear at arms length.

“Shh, fine, I’ll tell you.” I could feel her listening in suspense, waiting to find out, what could I do but blurt it out.

“I have to marry the man I slapped.” I whispered.

Ok, after this, I’m not sure what happened. For a moment I thought Caroline had fainted, but scratch that, she was laughing her head off.

“Oh my God! What? No way. What will your parents say?” she asked, but how could she find this amusing, I was literally terrified.

“That’s the thing, you can’t tell them. They can’t know I’m getting married.” My voice was pleading for her to keep quiet.

“Fine, I won’t say anything if…”

“If what?” I snapped, my patience was running thin.

“If I get to be bridesmaid.” She giggled.

Unbelievable, to be honest I didn’t even know if the Blake’s would agree to it anyway. It wasn’t decided properly yet, but Caroline’s already signed up for being bridesmaid. Typical.

“Yeah, whatever, you can, now don’t say a word.”

“My lips are sealed.” She said and several things happened at once, the door flew open and there was instant chatter. It was Nathan and this other man with jet black hair, and dark brown eyes, talking to him.

“Look, Thomas, shut up. You heard mother” Nathan told the other man and he shut up, and looked offended. I hadn’t hung up on Caroline so I could here her calling ‘Belle’ from my phone.

Nathan looked at me, he looked fine now. No more tears, but a smile on his handsome face.

“I talked to my mother. She agrees to help fulfil my dad’s last wish.” He said really slowly, like I was some 5 year.

“I understand,” I replied in confidence, but really I felt like I wanted to throw a tantrum. Hmm, maybe I am like a 5 year old.

“But, my parents can’t find out. If they do, they’ll never allow it.” I pleaded.

He chuckled, and it was a pleasant sound, to see him laugh. But how could he act so cool, after his dad died and he had to marry me?

“Why did you agree to it in the first place?” he challenged, but by my look, he explained further. “This morning, when I asked, I got hit.” Rubbing his cheek, to remind me, but I remembered very clearly. “But now-“

“It’s because I keep my promises” I answered, but it was true, to this day I hadn’t broke a promise. I was an honest girl and breaking a promise to someone is heart breaking, I’d hate it if someone broke a promise to me.

“I understand, and ok, you parents won’t be informed. That means they won’t be there at the wedding.” He said, his hands in his pockets and swinging back and forth on his heal.

So the wedding was really happening. Of course, I got myself in this mess. But Nathan was looking at me hopefully, a little smirk that was adorably cute. I returned a smile.

“When’s this wedding?” I asked, trying so hard not to blush.

“In a week, I have to go now.” He nodded and left, closely followed by the other man called Thomas. I hastily pick up the phone to my ear.

“Caroline?” I call, but she’s giggling. Why the heck was she giggling? I just left her hanging on the line, unless she listened in.

“Listen, what did you hear?” I ask her and her laughter seizes.

“Everything. I’ll be around the Blake’s tomorrow.” And she hung up on me.

Had the world gone upside down? I tell my best friend about my marriage and she’s celebrating and I can’t even tell my parents. I have to make a lie, a huge lie.

I ran from the dining room and out into the hall and bumped into someone’s back. It was Nathan talking to this lady.

“Woah! You’re in a rush aren’t you?” he chuckled. It’s like his dad hadn’t died at all.

“Yeah, I’m going home. I’ll tell my parents that I’m going to France for the summer with my friend.” I say.

“You’re going to France with your friend?” he asks with a quizzical look on his voice.

“No,” I snap impatiently. “My friend’s holiday has been cancelled, but I’m going to lie to my parents, so they don’t find out about this wedding.” I realised my hands were waving around frantically while explaining all this.

“Ok, so you’re really going home, going to pack and then be back here?” he queried.

That sounded ok so I nodded and legged it to the front doors. But quickly turned back.

“Oh and my friend is coming over here tomorrow, the one who kept apologising to you.” And I was out. This man offered a ride in a fine limo but I sprinted to the gates and ran to get home.

-Nathan Blake-

She’s honestly hilarious, and cute. Shame she doesn’t realise it. The way, her cheeks flush pink, how she bats her arms around and could seriously injure anyone standing close to her. But this wedding thing was driving her up the wall. Did she know how seriously beautiful she was. Forget all them sluts who are obnoxious and stuck up. This girl was, intelligent, clumsy and seriously cute.

“Your mother wishes to see you again.” I nod and absentmindedly follow Alison but my eyes are still at the door, where Isabelle had first been. She was unlike any other girl, and I’m glad, that If I had to spend the rest of my life with someone, it’s her, but does she feel the same way?

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

“To France, tonight?” I’d told my mother the lie that I’d planned all the way home. Apparently, I’m off to France tonight with Caroline, the good thing was, her parents and my parents hardly ever spoke, so I’m safe from any parent to parent phone call. Secondly, I’d have to tell Caroline to stay out of sight as possible and tell her about this lie.

“Mm hmm” I answer and nod, half way through packing my bag.

“But it’s so soon, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” she was holding a mug of coffee and sat at the end of my bed.

“It was a quick change of plan.” I say shoving my jeans in my bag. There, all done. “Right, I’m off.” I speed to the door when I hear my dad’s voice from downstairs.

“Helen?” He calls up the stairs.

“I’m up here, Joe” My mum calls back and I hear the sound of my dad’s footsteps ascending the stairs. “What’s going on here?” he asks, smiling. He was a chef in a restaurant that paid him very little money, but he loved to cook and loved his job. My dad is an upbeat guy and like Caroline, he saw the best in everyone.

“Belle, is going to France with her friend, tonight.” My mum interjects, sipping her steaming mug of coffee, not looking at all happy about this sudden change of plan.

“Oh, exciting, well have fun, honey.” He kisses my forehead and let’s me go. That’s why I love my dad, not that he didn’t care but he’d met Caroline and they got on fine, so he just trusts her. I shout one last farewell to my parents and even to my snotty 11 year old brother Graham, busy with TV (as usual) and I left the house, dialling Caroline’s number.

“Hi, just listen, my parents think I’m going to France with you tonight. I packed and left the house.” I told her firmly, but she interrupted as always.

“But we cancelled.” she said lowering her voice.

“I know you did, I just lied to them, but you need to lie for me too, and keep a low profile around them.”

“Ohh,” she exclaimed and understood. “So where will you really be staying for the summer?” she asked, and I only had one answer.

“With the Blake’s”

 __________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think so far?! Any thoughts?!

Please vote and comment and let me know :) Byye now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 11K 32
Isabelle Holden has become a master of keeping up the good girl facade in order to keep her parents off her back and date the baddest boy in school...
542 6 23
"What is your problem." "What's my problem, what's your problem." "My problem is that I am trying to help you but you clearly don't care so I am sorr...
203 27 12
COMPLETEšŸ¤ That certain boy who makes you want to go to college, and be there all the time, just to spend time with him as much as possible. That boy...