The heir of Gryffindor- A har...

By Tot1988

The heir of gryffindor is a story about a girl named Lily who was an orphan, and had a surprisingly normal li... More

The heir of Gryffindor- A harry potter fan fiction
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

1.1K 41 4
By Tot1988

This was quickly written just so you know

Chapter 8

Lily and Draco began walk over to the tables to have her dinner. There were large bunches of flowers in the middle of the table surrounded by cups, plates, cutlery and menus. When everyone was seated as the headmaster started with a speech. Lily looked at her menu and saw all different types of foods. Everyone began to say the dish out loud and the meals appeared in front of him or her. Lily followed and soon was eating a chicken dish.

After Dinner she began to walk over to the dance floor with Draco. They began to stand in a circle with everyone else while the champions began to dance with their partners. Lily laughed when she saw Hermione with Victor Krum. She wore a pretty blue dress and her hair was neat and curly. Soon everyone was joining in. Draco took Lily’s hand and bought her close to him. They began to do waltz which then changed into a slow dance. Draco laught as Lily kept treading onto his feet. After a couple of hours of traditional dancing, the band began to play rock n’ roll songs.

The whole crowd started to jump and dance like lunatics, as Lily and Draco started to dance with some people from Drumstrung.

The music started to change to different tunes until it was another traditional song. Draco grabbed Lily’s hand and they began to do a slow dance. Lily looked around and saw Pansy Parkinson giving her a nasty look. Lily looked away but then a hand came out of nowhere and pushed her and Draco apart. Unsure what happened, Lily saw Harry standing there with an angry expression.

Draco took a swing at Harry but just missed. Harry quickly ran up and tackled Draco, which turned into a bash up fight. Lily tried to separate them but kept getting hit in the process. The entire hall began to notice what was happening and decided encourage the fight by surrounding it. Soon teachers were trying to get into the center to see what was the problem but professor Dumbledore came and pulled them apart.

The crowed began to go back to dancing while some teachers lectured Harry and Draco about their behaviors. Soon they disappeared too, leaving Harry and Draco standing alone. Draco went and head to the dance floor and began to dance with Pansy while Harry went and grabbed Lily’s arm and walked out of the hall.

He took her just outside the hall before letting her go and turning to her.

“Why did you come to the dance with Draco”, Harry asked.

“He asked me so I said yes”, replied Lily, slightly annoyed.

“So, why didn’t you say no”, Harry questioned.

“Because”, Lily answered, “No one else had asked me, he was really nice to me and I didn’t want to go by myself”.

“I asked you”, Harry said.

“As a second choice though”, Lily replied, “If you wanted to go with me you shouldn’t have left it to the last second. Besides the only reason you asked me was because Cho was going with someone else”.

Harry turned a bright red colour but continued.

“How did you know I asked Cho”, Harry said in a confused tone.

“I heard you ask her”, Lily replied”, Anyway it doesn’t matter. But next time you don’t want me to go with someone just tell me instead of me finding out by a bash up”.

With that Lily walked away not caring whatever Harry had to say.

She walked up to the Gryffindor common room. It was completely empty even though the years 1 to 3 didn’t go to the ball. Lily ran up into her dorm and began to get changed into her P.J’s. She than closed the curtains to her bed and lied down. It wasn’t until 12.00pm that the girls from Gryffindor began to come in. There voices started soft but than became louder. They all seemed to be still in the mood to dance. Lily opened her eyes and began to listen to what they were saying.

“This was the best night ever”, a voice, which sounded like Lavender brown, said.

“It was so good but Harry was really rude”, replied another, “He wouldn’t dance with me or do anything except look at Lily. At least I met a boy from Drumstrung”.

“Who did Lily go with anyway”, asked the voice of Hermione’s.

“Oh she went with Draco Malfoy”, snarled Lavender, “I cannot believe her”.

“WHAT?” Hermione yelled, “Why would she go with him. He is so rude and ahhhhh. I don’t understand her I thought she was a Gryffindor”.

Lily closed her eyes and stopped listening. She was use to others judging her but Hermione was supposed to be her friend and Harry was mad at her and Ron would take their sides. Now she was really alone........

                                    *                            *                            *

Lily woke up at 5.30 the next morning. The sound of Hermione’s cat woke her up and disturbed her from her dreams. All she could remember from the dream was people chasing her in ball gowns and Hermione pushing her into the school lake. Lily shrugged off the memory and went and got dress.

Everyone in the girl’s dorm was asleep so she sneaked out and began to walk to the great hall.

Everything from the Yule ball had been packed up and the tables were back in place. Only two teachers were eating breakfast when she sat down. One was Hagrid and the other was her defense against the dark arts teacher. For some reason he reminded her of someone she met once. Even though she had never seen anyone other than him with a magic eye, he had something creepy about him or familiar. Looking away she began to put some toast on her plate.

After breakfast Lily began to walk out into the grounds. She was not going to look forward to seeing Hermione, Harry or Ron and knew that the longer she spend outside, the longer she would be from explaining herself.

There was still a lot of snow on the grounds but today the sun was shinning brightly. Lily began to walk around the lake when a creature in the forest cached her attention. It looked like a horse with wings but it had a skeletal body and face, and also resembled a four-legged bat. Lily walked over to it and began to pat it. It didn’t seem like a normal animal. She never remembered Hagrid mentioning, in care of Magical Creatures, about this type of animal, but it seemed quiet happy with the attention.

Lily stayed outside for nearly the entire day. She had missed lunch so her stomach groaned as she began to walk to the great hall for dinner. The usual chatting began as Lily started to put some food on her plate. Hermione, Ron and Harry were a few places away and each of them ignored her existence.

“It was one dance”, she thought to her-self, “What is their problem”.

Lily had her favorite truffle but even that couldn’t make her feel better. Maybe it was the thought of losing her friends that scared her but she knew that the problem had only just started.

When dinner was over everyone began to climb the staircase to their own common room. Lily waited until the entire hall was empty before joining them. The Staircase walk took longer than what she expected. Peeves though it was funny to trip her over every time she walked. By the time she got back to the common room it took a few minutes for her to realize that every Gryffindor was seated and looking at her...

Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at the front and began to speak.

“We want to have an intervention”, Hermione began.

“Is this because of the dance”, Lily asked grumpily.

“Parts of it but we really want to know who you are”, Hermione said, “You have been here for a while but we Know nothing about you. Who your parents are, where you live, when is your birthday and also what your name is”.

For some reason this didn’t come to a shock to Lily. She knew that they were soon to wonder who she was and things like that but they didn’t need to know. It was her business and she felt quiet annoyed they all had to now.

“Why?” she asked, “Its my business. Why do all of you have too now?’

“Because your acting if your not a real Gryffindor”, snapped Lavender brown in the back row.

Hermione gave Lavender a dirty look but just Lily began to laught out loud. If she was not a Gryffindor than what where they....

“You know your right I am not a Gryffindor”, Lily said Sarcastically, “The hat must of said Ravenclaw instead. Sorry i better go pack my bags”.

“You are a Gryffindor:” Hermione said uneasily, “Its just your not acting like one”.

“You know I believe all of you should know who I am”, Lily snapped, “But if you find out that it isn’t a fairytale I apologies”.

Lily took in one huge breath. It was time to tell everyone who she was and whom she is related to.................

_____________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 21 21
She was his daughter, he, who was feared by everyone. Misunderstood by all, she believed she would never find love, never find happiness. Until... sh...
1.2K 39 25
Katie Snow had always lived in Squintons Orphanage without any recollection of who her parents were, or where she came from. It was only when she was...
113 19 20
Before Harry Potter came to Hogwarts, there was Sasha Leone. Like any other student, she had to go through the trials of making friends, passing her...
Nox By E.M. Birdy

Fanfiction

8.1K 420 31
(BEING EDITED COZ IT REALLY SUCKS!!!) My version of what should have happened after Harry Potter graduated and had children. Lily Luna Potter has no...