Parenthood

By beatenshadow

Blake and Gabbie go on a mission on order of the clave. However, when that mission goes sideways and they die... More

Chapter 2 What now
Chapter 3- What Happened
Chapter 4: Oh Crap
Chapter 5: Only Just A Dream
Chapter 6: What The...
Chapter 7: Why??
Chapter 8: Daddy Daughter Bonding
Chapter 9: Back to normal?
Chapter 10: I'm getting her back
Chapter 11: I can't help but worry about her
Chapter 12: Your awake, but...
Chapter 13: Start of Something New
This is no update but please read
Story

Chapter 1 Olivia

2.8K 68 12
By beatenshadow

Hello my beautiful Clalec lovers. This is my first story, like ever, and I am so happy that you have taken the time to read it. Enjoy!!

-O

I do not own anything

Clary's POV

"See you later." I said to Izzy as I walked out of the kitchen and into the training area. Wearing a thin gray muscle t-shirt that you could totally see my black bra on underneath and black leggings I grabbed my sword and stared at the practice dummy. Swinging my sword with all my might I hit the dummy over and over again. Seeing my father with a stab wound from me in his heart with every kick, my mother's lying on the floor with blood dripping from her chest with every punch, and the face of the man that killed her with every swipe of my sword.

"Hey!" someone yelled. I turned around to meet the eyes of Jace. He was wearing his normal shadowhunter gear. However, he did have more weapons than normal.

"What?" I asked panting from the exhausting workout.

"Imogen wants to see you in the main room. You ok?"

"Yea I'm fine. Umm. Just give me one second and I will..."

Before I could finish he said in a loud, commanding voice. "No. She said immediately."

With that, he turned around and left. Grabbing a towel to wipe off the sweat from my face so I looked at least a little presentable. I leave the training area. Walking down the stairs into the main room the first thing I notice is Alec leaning over a computer screen typing away. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and nice black pants. Walking past him I find Imogen. She was wearing a light blue dress that touched her knees. "Good morning Miss. Herodale. You wanted to see me."

"Yes, Miss Morgenstern. I did. come with me." She starts walking toward the computer that Alec was standing at. When she stops at the computer he was standing by I swear my heart stopped, and not in that good 'I think I'm falling in love' type of way. "Ok, so I was sent here straight from Idris to tell you two that you have been chosen in one of the most important missions ever."

"So whats the mission. Greater demon? Downworlder attack? search and rescue?" Alec asked still showing now emotion. I thought that we were getting close, but after what happened with my mom we never talk. Surprisingly I don't think it really is that bad. I'm trying to get over it, trying to understand that it was not him that it was just a demon but I just can't get it through my head. It is so easy to blame him and I just need someone that I can see to blame, and he just is.

"None of the above. Do you know about Blake and Gabbie?"

"Yea. They were the couple that was on the vampire mission. I'm sorry about what happened on the mission. How is there family doing?" I asked. The vampire mission was one of the worst missions ever. We knew very little going into the mission, but they still sent them anyways. No one should have gone. They ended up dying after the vampires ambushed them. No one made it back in the whole group they sent out.

"Luckily they had no family that could worry about them. The main problem lies in this." As she said this a little baby was handed to her. She looked it in the eyes and continued. "This is Olivia. Blake and Gabbie's daughter." She looked up at both of us again. She started to say something but the baby started to cry. She tried to comfort her but she just cried harder. The baby then started to reach for me. Imogen started to hand her to me and I was beginning to freak out.

"You probably don't want to do this I am not..." She handed the baby to me and I held it far away from me. "... The best with children." I said sounding defeated. The baby continued to cry in my arms. The sound was killing my ears. Finally, pushing down my fear of children, I cradled the baby in my arms. The baby's cry almost instantly stop. She looked at me with her big beautiful blue eyes and smiled a smile that I have not seen in what feels like forever. I couldn't help but smile as-well. "There, there. No one is going to hurt you. Your safe." She reached and grabbed a strand on my curly red hair, holding it tight in her hands. I continued to sway and rock her back and forth, whispering soft words to her until she fell asleep.

"Yes. You are very bad with kids." Imogen said with a smile. Was that sarcasm? I didn't even think she knew what that was.

"What Would you like us to do about her?" Alec asked still not having any emotions.

"Well Alec because you are the head of this institute we thought that you would make the best example of a father."

I was to distracted with the adorable baby in my hands that it didn't totally register what happened until Alec scream. "WHAT!!" The baby was jolted awake and began crying harder than last time. She was screaming and squirming in my arms so much that I had to continually move her around.

"You idiot." I said slapping him very hard in the arm. "You woke the baby." Facing the baby I continued to rock her and try to calm her down. After about ten minutes of me and Alec trying to calm this baby down again, she finally fell fast asleep. When I knew that she was asleep I turn to Alec and hit him in the arm again. "Lower your voice or you will wake the baby again and if that happens I am handing her over to you, and you will have to deal with her crying and screaming."

"Sorry." Alec said still emotionless. I wanted to roll my eyes so badly, but being in the presence of Imogen and the fact that we have just argued and I hit him a bunch of times I thought it best not to do that.

"Well... as I was saying Alec you are going to be Olivia's father figure, and Clary you being a strong warrior and a great role model I am making you her mother figure." My jaw dropped. Not only did I have to raise a child, now I am raising this child with Alec. Alec. Wow, does the world hate me?

"What?" Really in a situation like this they only thing I could think to say is 'what'.

"Yes, and for what I have seen today you are more than capable of handling this on your own but by order of the clave she needs a mother and a father. I have full hope that you two will have no problem taking care of a child." She said it as if it were easy. This is not easy, this is freaking life. I am twenty-one years old I am supposed to be in collage and finding people that will be my friends and finding the person that will be my maid of honor. Getting drunk and throwing up all night and then regretting it the next morning. Not raising a freaking child with a guy that I can't stand. This was a total nightmare.

"Ok so I will continue what I was doing and maybe we can make a hand off." Alec said looking at me still without any emotions.

"A hand off. What is she a football. Never-mind I don't even think that you could catch a football." Alec looked like he was about reply but was quickly cut off by someone speaking very loudly.

"Oh. I almost forgot. To give this baby the feeling of a mother and a father you two will now be sharing a room. Effective Immediately." Imogen said before she walked away. Now I am going to be sharing a room with Alec. This is going to be great I though with so much sarcasm in the tone that if Alec could read my thoughts he would be rolling his eyes. Even though that seemed to be the case with everything that I say or just my mer presence in the room.

"So who's room are we going to sleep in?" I asked Alec.

"You can just move your things into my room today. I have a lot of work that needs to get done." Alec replied still looking at his stupid computer.

"Wait. So you expect me to take care of a baby while also packing up everything that I own and moving it into your room. That's not possible."

"Well I think you are more than capable of figuring that out for yourself." I was this close to punching him.

"One more thing. Everything that the two parents had for the child will be placed in a separate room made for a family of this size. Mr. Lightwood I am placing someone else in charge so you can move all your things into that room. Miss Morganstern I trust you to move there as well. Someone here will show you the room when you are ready. Before you ask, yes, you both will be sleeping in the same bed. We have to keep the thought that you are parents clear for right now."

Looking at Alec with a look that said 'I win' he sighed. "Yes ma'm. Right away." He said looking down at his feet. I won this round Lightwood.

Thank you so much for reading. Hope you liked it and please comment. I will try to update every week. Bye bye for now.

-O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 86 18
Clary and Jace can finally be happy together, Sebastian is dead, all the wars are over. But when Clary finds out horrible news, she falls into depres...
83.5K 3.8K 39
When Clary Fray a regular 16 year old girl moves to a new town and a new school, the last thing she expects to find is love. Not just one love but tw...
71.3K 1.4K 21
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING - I know there's a lot of spelling mistakes and other grammar issues so I'm fixing them :) This is the first book I ever wro...
41.2K 958 21
Clary Fray has just moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn with her abusive dad and brother, while her grandmother is stuck fighting for custody over Clar...