A Broken Heart

By ZeroS_1127

Betrayed and deceived by the ones he loved the most. Heartbroken with no one by his side. This is the tale of... More

Chapter One - Melancholic Past
Chapter Two - Newborn Sentiment
Chapter Three - Confusion
Chapter Four - Professor Rowen
Chapter Five - First Friend
Chapter Six - My Name
Chapter Seven - First Lie
Chapter Eight - The Infirmary
Chapter Nine - Heart-throbbing Thunderstorm
Chapter Ten - A Smile from the Heart
Chapter Eleven - Betrayal and Regret
Chapter Twelve - The Real Ash Ketchum
Chapter Thirteen - Hidden Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter Fourteen - Misty Waterflower
Chapter Fifteen - Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen - We Could Be Friends
Chapter Seventeen - The Three of Us
Chapter Eighteen - Reconciliation
Chapter Nineteen - Uncanny Dream
Chapter Twenty One - Tension
Chapter Twenty Two - May's Perturbation
Chapter Twenty Three - Rocket Research
Chapter Twenty Four - Extricating Ash
Chapter Twenty Five - Alice
Chapter Twenty Six - Johanna's Rage
Chapter Twenty Seven - Who Am I?
Chapter Twenty Eight - The Air-headed Princess

Chapter Twenty - Ash's Disappearance

1.2K 16 1
By ZeroS_1127

Misty's POV

The alarm which sits on the bedside table rings orotund, waking up the two girls beside me. Instead of getting up with them, I smash the alarm on the floor and snuggle inside the duvet again. I'm never a morning person, especially since we were practically up all night.

The time we shared last night seems like a mere dream, never would I have imagined that the three of us would develop such a bond. That aside, I'm surprised at my own actions the most yesterday. Why did I help them reconcile? I should be feeling satisfaction at the sight of Dawn in pain. I should be aiming to become someone superior to her in all aspects. I vowed to myself to never lose against Dawn again, yet my actions say different. Could it possibly be that I don't actually hate her...?

"I would appreciate if you'd wake up now, Misty Waterflower. Unlike you, I need to tidy up the bedsheets here!"

My warm covering is being yanked away and sunlight hits my eyes. I slowly open my eyes, seeing Dawn standing besides me with her arms crossed with my blurry vision. I can't properly see her facial expression but I can envision that she's vexed from her tone.

Dawn's POV

"I would appreciate if you'd wake up now, Misty Waterflower. Unlike you, I need to tidy up the bedsheets here!" I lecture.

"Chill out Dawny, you sound like my mum." Misty yawns and slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"Listen to mama then." I sarcastically remark.

May sits backwards on my chair, rocking her legs and giggling as she watches me drag Misty out of bed. It's hectic but one of the best mornings I've had for awhile.

Time Skip

The three of us arrived to school together and Misty separated from us once the bell rang. I noticed Ash hadn't arrived and assumed he overslept but lessons went by yet he never turned up even after school has ended. 

May and I met up with Misty and left school together, we chatted about trivial topics but I couldn't help but wonder why Ash hadn't turned up to school today.

"Hey, Ash never turned up to school did he? Why don't we pay him a visit? There's a chance that he might be ill or something." Misty abruptly suggests.

Did she realise I'm concerned? Or perhaps I'm reading too much into Misty's actions? I glance at May who has never taken a liking into Ash. At first, her expression doesn't seem to be keen on the idea but she eventually smiles.

"I can't honestly say that I'll be able to befriend him but I'll at least give it a try this time. After all, I now realise that a friend of Dawns can't be bad. Let's go together!"

"Thank you, May." I hug May from behind as we continue walking. I offer to lead the way since I'm the only one who knows of Ash's address. 

We reach Twinleaf Apartment fairly quickly but notice a large crowd surrounding the complex from afar. As we approach closer, we catch glimpse of police officers blocking the entrance and everyone's attention is focused above, I follow their gaze and look upwards. A room on the seventh floor had its glass windows shattered with furniture near the edge and claw marks on the exterior, sliding down.

"D-Don't tell me...." I gasp and rush towards the entrance, squeezing past the crowd.

"Dawn? What's wrong?" May shout from behind, following behind me with Misty.

"That unit! I think it's Ash's!" I shout back without stopping.

I eventually make it pass the throng, reaching the main entrance. I plan to enter but a police officer blocks me off.

"Only authorised personnel are allowed to enter the building at this moment." He warns with a stern voice.

"Please! The occupant of the sabotaged unit might be a friend of mine!" I plead.

He remain unfazed and shakes his head firmly. I stop struggling to think of possible ways I could enter. Is there really no solution? 

I feel a hand on my shoulder as Misty abruptly walks in front me. She takes out an identity card and holds it in front of the officer's face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but have you heard of the Sensational Sisters, Mr Officer?"

The officer begins sweating before whispering to other staff and shifting aside for us to enter.

"S-Sorry for my rudeness, the three of you may enter."

"How did yo-" I turn to Misty but she cuts me off by placing a finger on my lips.

"There are more important things to do first, isn't there?" She whisper.

May, who looks equally shocked as me, nods in agreement with Misty.

"You're right." I answer confidently and we head to the elevator.

We swiftly reach the seventh floor and notice that there're much more police officers around. A plump man, who seem to have started balding, and I made eye contact which causes him to come up to us.

"OI! HOW DID YOU KIDS GET IN HERE?! ONLY AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER AT THIS MOMENT! WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN IMPORTANT INVESTIGATION SO GET OUT!" He roars.

"This fat old geezer pisses me off." Misty mutters under her breath before taking out her identification card again.

May and I chuckle at her remark, thinking that Misty's still Misty despite her unknown background.

After getting a glimpse at the card, his body twitches before stepping back.

"YA SHOULD'VE SAID EARLIER!" He bellows before letting us through.

Misty scowls and looked like she wants to pick a fight with him, both May and I have to hold her back before she does anything rash. After calming Misty, we rush to the unit which is obstructed with caution tape and I recognise it as Ash's place immediately. I slip pass all the adults around and enter.

"Th-This can't be...." I mumble to myself.

"Dawn...." May places both of her hands on my shoulders to comfort me.

"I'm fine, May. No need to worry!" I forcefully smile before looking back at the state of the room.

It's completely different compared to the last time I was here, almost as if it's another place. All furniture is flipped over and most decorative objects are knocked on the floor. The bedroom in particular is in abominable condition; ripped bedsheets spread on the floor, the wallpaper had been teared and not a single item is left undamaged.

I examine the room and a particular photo frame, face down on the floor and cracked by the corner, catches my eye. I slowly go over and pick it up, the photo of Ash and I of the past. It isn't as damaged as I thought, the frame is indeed cracked and the edges of the photo teared but our faces can still be seen clearly. I secretly take the photo out of the frame and and hid it inside my pocket.

"Dawny should know better than to tamper with evidence." Misty whispers from behind.

I turn around, startled to find the both of them behind me. I clap my hand together and beg them to keep it a secret.

"It's just a joke Dawny!" Misty chuckles.

"We won't tattle!" May assures.

I pout and pretend to be angry at them for scaring me until the same plump man comes forward to us.

"IF YA DONE LOOKING THEN SHOO!" He thunders.

I feel May tugging my clothes which adjusts my attention to Misty, anger clearly exposed on her face. I awkwardly laugh and interrupt before Misty can shout back.

"We'll leave after you answer my question!" I counter.

He seems to be opposed of the deal but, after glancing at Misty, he changes his mind. Just how great is Misty's influence?

"ONE QUESTION ONLY, YA HEAR ME!"

I nod and calmly ask the only question I have.

"Where's the occupant of this unit?"

I cross my fingers, hoping for him to respond with Ash being held in the police station for questioning or something along those lines. However, he bites his lip instead and looks at me with a softened expression.

"The occupant, Ash Ketchum, has gone missing. We dispatched search teams over the region but he's nowhere to be sighted. We're expanding our searching areas but still no luck. However, what we have found is a trail of blood that matches the DNA of Ash Ketchum near a confectionary known as Piplup Patisserie." He answers in a serious tone instead of hollering for the first time.

Despite hearing the news myself, I still can't believe it. Up until yesterday, Ash and I still saw each other in class. I surpass my tears and bow to show my gratitude for the plump male officer.

"Thank you for everything. I'll keep my word and take my leave now."

As we left the room, I hear him call out to me.

"The name's Inspector Stump! My intuition tells me that we might cross paths again someday."

I wave without looking back. I'm certain we'll meet again, Inspector Stump.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1K 17
Ash Ketchum who had a ordinary life a trainer till kalos league only to things go upside down as he lost everything in a moment only because he posse...
37.2K 641 6
Ash and Serena have been in a happy relationship for a little under 3 years now. All of that, however, might be about to change. Ash has been leaving...
19.8K 375 11
Ash Ketchum is a man of his word. Ever since he left on his journey, he's been keeping every single promise he's made. Once, he made promises to all...
21.3K 375 28
After his journey in Kalos and enjoying a vacation in Sinnoh, Ash's life is turned upside down when he selflessly takes the place of his mother when...