Jungkook: The Friendly Ghost

By annieDD

She moves into a new appartment. He's stuck. No one can see him. But she can. Jungkook/OC Rom-Com #64 in... More

Before You Read
Prologue
1. The Ghost
2. Why me?
3. Deal
4. More rules
5. Firework
6. Better Luck Next Time
7. Oops!
8. Bonding Time
9. Chaotic evil or neutral evil?
10. Eggshells
11. Sense
12. Fate
13. Research
14. 33 seconds
15. FXXK IT
16. For What It's Worth
17. Jealous
18. Skin & Bones
19. Ghost Nuts
20. More
21. It's a choice, not a circumstance
23. Fortune
24. Unicorn
25. To Haunt An Idiot
A letter from Annie
26. 404
27. Flash&Flesh
28. Why Bother?
29. Heart Beating or Not
30. Dark
31. Empty & Full
32. For You
33. Coping Mechanism
34. The Truth Untold
35. Only Then
36. Royal A-hole
37. Dimple
38. Wine
39. Tokyo
40. Only Then pt2
41. Crystal Snow
Epilogue
300K READS SURPRISE BONUS!

22. Drama & Zen

21.9K 1.4K 948
By annieDD

"Mom?"

"Hello, Jihyun," her voice is flat. Something that would normally make me feel uneasy is actually bringing me relief right now. If something had happened, something bad, I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't sound as calm as she sounds now. "How are you?"

"Okay," I frown. "What's up? It's almost 10 PM, you never call me this late?"

Or at all, but you know, who's paying attention to that?

"I wanted to talk to you, Jihyun."

"Okay?"

"Your father and I went out for dinner tonight," she tells me. Wait, what, we're doing small talk now? Kook raises his eyebrows, wondering what the heck is going on but I just shrug, seeing as I'm as clueless as he is. "We ran into Namjoon and his father at the restaurant."

Fuck.

Fuckidy fucking fuck.

"Did you now?"

"Yes," she responds and I finally understand why she sounds professional – that's the tone I get when I'm in trouble. "And Namjoon had a few interesting things to say."

"Did he now?"

Jungkook pulls my hand, trying to draw my attention but I wave him off, because mom starts talking again. "Yes, he did. I was very surprised to hear that the two of you are no longer together."

Well, it's not like it was a secret. The only reason I haven't told her is because we haven't talked since it happened. A few 'Are you alive' texts were exchanged but that was it. And to be completely honest, I didn't have a particular desire to talk about it with anyone, much less two shrinks that are my parents. They can turn an everyday conversation into therapy hour. "Yeah. We broke up."

Jungkook suddenly can tell exactly what the conversation is about and I am not surprised when worry clouds his face. He knows. He knows this is not a conversation I want to have, especially not with my parent. "And you didn't think of informing me?" mom asks, making me look away from him and remember just why I don't want to talk to her about things like these.

"Honestly, no," I respond in a heartbeat. "I was too busy dealing with it on my own and I didn't feel like having a heart to heart with you. I could have let you know but I really just didn't feel like talking about it," I crack a smile when I see Kook raise his fist in the air, as if he's celebrating my victory.

"Were you busy?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, I was."

"I wonder what kept you so preoccupied when Namjoon mentioned you're not going to classes these days?"

I'm going to strangle Hobi. And just to be safe, I will strangle Yoongi and Jimin too.

This is what happens when you have friends that are also friends with your ex. They talk with the ex as much as they talk to you. While I see nothing wrong with them being besties with Namjoon, I do have a problem with their joint effort to throw me under the bus my mother is driving. If they're going to pull shit like this, I'm going to make them pick a side.

At gunpoint.

"I wonder why you're talking in such a tone when I'm a grown up?" I sigh as I lean back into the couch. The worst thing about having shrinks for parents is that you were taught to keep your voice down and have a rational discussion. So even now, when I kind of want to scream at her and hang up, I need to sound calm and rational. "It's not like I decided to throw my education into the trash – I just wanted a few days away from everything."

The wide-eyed look of Jungkook tells me that he probably realizes I skipped more than he originally thought. And even more than he thinks now, because of course I'd downplay it in front of my mom.

"Jihyun," mom takes a deep breath and I wait for my lecture. "Just pull yourself together and stop being pathetic."

Huh?!

"Did you just call me pathetic?"

"Okay, too far," Jungkook speaks up, as if my mother could actually hear him.

"Yes, I did," she just adds salt to the wound. "You said it yourself, you're not a kid. Stop acting like a breakup is the worst thing that could happen and pull yourself together."

"Mother, how much did you have to drink tonight?" I ask, finally feeling as if I am falling from the edge she pushed me off of. "This has absolutely nothing to do with Namjoon. It has everything to do with me wanting some time by myself to figure some shit out. Do you tell your patients to pull themselves together? Because if you do, you're a shitty psychiatrist."

"Do not speak to me like that!" she snaps. "Do whatever you want, Jihyun. If you wish to be the shame of your family, be my guest. Call us when you grow up and stop being a brat."

It's official, she must be drunk. She actually hung up on me. She acted like a proper brat moments after accusing me of being a brat.

"Are you okay?" I hear Jungkook's sheepish voice.

"I have no fucking clue what the hell just happened," I deadpan.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?"

"Well, after attacking me for not telling her about Namjoon and having a poor attendance record, she called me pathetic, a brat and a shame for the family, so I'm gonna say no, it didn't go well."

The moment Jungkook throws his arm over my shoulder and pulls me into him, I realize I am not just shocked but hurt as well. Not hurt enough to burst into tears because frankly, I'm used to not living up to their expectations. Still, it hurts. Even if it's just a little sting.

"They all suck and you are awesome," he tells me, running a soothing hand over my arm. "That's all."

"You know, for a stubborn person, I really am easy to break."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm studying psychology. I don't think I want to study psychology."

"I kind of got that impression before but I didn't want to say anything," he pouts at me.

"That's a first," I chuckle when he pinches my arm with the same hand he was comforting me with. "I mean... I guess I just didn't know what to do. And following the footsteps of successful parents couldn't have been a bad idea."

"It's a horrible idea if it's not what you want to do," he shakes his head. "You can't live by their rules, JJ. You shouldn't... live to please them. You need to do your own thing, whatever it is that makes you happy. If they can't accept that, they shouldn't be in your life. And let's face it, it's not like they're in your life right now. I've been around you for a while and this is the second time I've seen you talking to them. And the first time was about money," he points out.

He's right, he is spot on. I don't owe them anything. I am not on this planet to do what they want me to do. Even if that's what they want, I have every right to refuse.

"The problem is I'm not sure what I want to do," I reluctantly admit.

I don't think I ever admitted that to anyone. Not to my friends, not to Namjoon and definitely not to my parents. In fact, today's the first time I admitted out loud that I don't think psychology is for me. As far as everyone knows, I am 100% into it.

To add insult to injury, I have grades to back it up. I am dedicated when it comes to my studies and the recent lack of motivation and interest in them was a first. From an outsider's point of view, I am 100% into this and I love it to the bone. But that's not real. And Jungkook is the only one who figured it out, simply because he never leaves my side.

He knows me better than people who known me my entire life, people who raised me.

"Is there anything that just... puts a big fat smile on your face? Anything at all?" Jungkook nudges me and I shake my head, unsure on what to say. "You like music, right? Why not be a DJ?" he suggests.

"Because I don't know how to be a DJ?" I offer.

"Oh please, they just tweak the song a bit and bring an USB wherever they go, it's not rocket science," he rolls his eyes, making me chuckle at his comment, simply because he's spot on. "How about working as a radio host? You have a good speaking voice, you could play music. Would you ever try that?"

"Do I look like someone who enjoys speaking in public?"

"No, but that's why I suggested you work as a radio host, not as... a weather girl," he laughs at my eye-roll. "Come on. Think; use that pretty little brain of yours. Is there anything you are interested in?"

"Music," I shrug, because he did get that one right. "But I'm not talented in any way. I just like listening to it and I make good playlists. And I guess... photography?"

"You're into photography?" he sounds surprised.

"I'm shocked you didn't snoop around my room a bit more and found the photo albums."

"I am very considerate of your privacy," he tells me in a serious tone and with a straight face.

"Sure you are," I laugh. "Especially when I'm taking my clothes off or when it comes to my underwear."

"That was a moment of weakness," he lamely tries to defend himself. "And stop trying to change the subject. Photography and music. Then let's do that. Look for a job. Do some research! If you can try to bring me back to life, I'm pretty damn sure you can find a job in those fields."

"Yeah, except I'm kind of busy with trying to bring you back to life," I point out.

"You're more important," he shakes his head.

"Not in my book," I disagree with him instantly. He can say whatever the hell he wants to say – bringing him back is my number one priority. As soon as I figure out how to do it. "Enough about this. I just got lectured by mommy dearest, I don't need a lecture from you too. Be the one person around me that won't tell me what to do and how to act, I beg of you."

"Okay," he agrees instantly.

"Wow," I mumble. "That was... easy."

"It's your call, JJ," he shrugs. "All I know is that I don't want to be the cause of your annoyance. At least not when it comes to real, adult stuff. I'll still be happy to annoy you with randomly scaring you every now and then."

"I will be utterly shocked if that ever changes," I chuckle. "Come on, I had enough of drama today. Let's sleep."

"Can't sleep, princess," he reminds me.

"I know," I sigh as I get away from his arm and off the couch. "It's simply easier to say that than 'Come on, follow me so that you can creepily watch me while I snore and drool on the pillow'," I tell him.

"That description is so accurate, it actually hurts."

"Come on, be quiet. I want to be zen now."

"But-"

"Shhhh!" I turn and put a finger over his mouth because I feel like being dramatic. "Zen," I whisper and turn around, smiling when I hear him laughing as he follows me to my room.

...

So, I posted like a teaser to a new story because I obviously have a death wish. Here's a very short info on them all.

Kill him – mafia/cop, pretty funny, all of BTS is in it, JKxOC

Two Night Stand – romcom, Emkook (will write when I have a chance RIP)

THIS ONE, MAH BABY

And now The Ex, which I will officially start... soon.

Tbh, if ya like one of my stories you'll probably like the others, I keep it in a similar style lol.

The rest are on hiatus and there are more planned. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna update next, it's a lottery, but you can be sure I'll update something soon.

LOVE YOU! <3

Random Kookie photo to make ya happy - Kookieception 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.6K 46
29 year old Y/N, goes on a series of failed blind dates. Her father is determined to marry her off asap. She is beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, caring...
41.4K 2.9K 35
The boring life of your reporter self takes a surprising turn when Black Knight, a hidden -supposed- criminal joins BBC News and becomes your partner...
603K 26.7K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...
61.3K 2.5K 40
[Completed] A hot Taekook FF Thank you for 40k + readers 1st in #btsfanfic. FUCKING #25th in #fanfiction out of 1.45M stories!!!?????? #1st in #rude...