the ice queen | hatake kakashi

Oleh nu-clear

She didn't expect her return to Konoha to change her life at all. Especially the fact that her deepest secret... Lebih Banyak

prologue
01 ; a new jounin
02 ; the first encounter
03 ; a hidden gift
04 ; the curse within
05 ; the cruel reality
06 ; a big decision
07 ; of sudden changes
08 ; of new worries
09 ; the mysterious ninja
10 ; of blossoming feelings
11; the kunoichi's birthday
12 ; the unexpected abduction
13 ; a surprise present
14 ; plans, plans, plans
15 ; a simple date
16 ; a simple dance
17 ; an abandoned tale
18 ; the truth unveiled
19 ; a longing reunion
20 ; the odd genin
21 ; the final stage
22 ; the nightmares begun
23 ; abundance of thoughts
24 ; a glimpse of reality
25 ; a new duty
26 ; that typical heartache
27 ; a rising hope
28 ; in building strength
29 ; a sacrifice made
30 ; the final countdown
31 ; the fourth war
32 ; a confrontation made
33 ; the legendary fight
34 ; a monster unleashed
35 ; an oath swore
36 ; rise of a silhouette
37 ; of lucid dreams
38 ; bizarre differences
39 ; little wild flower
40 ; post shinobi war
41 ; lost of trust
42 ; stress and pressure
43 ; no better than
44 ; strangers
45 ; a surprising news
46 ; resolutions
47 ; redemption
48 ; tiger moth
49 ; lucky strike
50; jingo jungle
51; sing to the sky
52; and rise again
53; come back
55; moon night
56; 帰り道
57; サヨナラの意味
58; the end of nightmares
59; 好きと言わせたい
60; epilogue
book 2!!!

54: at last

3.5K 131 33
Oleh nu-clear

please listen to the song even if the lyrics are so not related to the story much. it gives the vibes. also yes this is a bit long because it needs a lot of feels.

other song suggestions; asymmetry - yui horie

i might rewrite some parts in this story because i cringe reading my 16 year old writing yek yek

----------------

"Kashi," Nami continued to mutter endlessly, her state of mind was definitely hitting its lowest peak. It's been too long since they actually shared any intimate moments together. She felt like she could pass out, her hands now gripping to Kakashi's clothes like it was her lifeline. It felt too surreal.

She let out a little moan, to which the latter took advantage and immediately entered his tongue through. What was she expecting, this was someone who had read the Icha Icha tactics for about a thousand times.

"Too much, Kashi... stop..." Nami felt him wiping off the tears that had ran down slower. Her own breath was running shorter, but at the same time, she was oh so scared to let go.

It was until they both really needed to breath did Kakashi broke the kiss. He then continued to Nami's neck, unconsciously leaving a few small marks here and there.

Both of them were so into it, they didn't realize Iruka and Kōri were opening the door. "Hey Nami, the criminals have been - oh my god."

"I told you my chakra senses weren't lying- Woah ok back out dude." Kōri pushed Iruka out of the room as both of them started to become aware of the presence of the two men. As they waited for the pair to look presentable, Kōri noticed that Iruka's face had darkened a bit. "Hey dude, you okay?"

"I will be once I crack some logic into his head."

———————————

It was Kōri's job to help Nami prepare for the coronation. But the Queen herself seemed like she was still in a trance or sort. The servant only lets out a tired sigh, they were delaying this far too longer than he had expected, this would not be a great first impression for the citizens. "Nami,"

"Kōri, have you ever been in love before?"

".. What?"

"Have you ever felt your heart skipped a beat upon seeing someone? How would you do anything to see them smile so wide and happily? How despite the amount of pain they gave you, you loved them just as much as you used too? Have you?"

The servant only lets out a small sigh again as he turned around for a few minutes to allow the maids to finish touching up the Queen's coronation attire. "I'm scared to be in love. Ever since that day," He turned back and was left speechless as his eyes laid on the soon-to-be queen. His eyes wavered for a quick moment before he regained his composure.

"Does it had something to do with your brother and my aunt?" Kōri took a deep breath, it was now or never.

"As you know I came to the castle at a young age with my brother. He was around your aunt's age." He walked towards the family portrait behind them, eyes focused on the former queen. "When Haru was appointed the heir, nobody batted an eye towards your aunt. So she was left all alone, that is until your grandfather told the both of us to keep her company. Things got more intimating for the both of them, that is until Haru ran away."

"They fell in love." Nami's face turned white.

"With Haru as King, Natsu would have been ignored, and you know, for these type of people who priories 'true blood' members only, a lot of them actually married someone else. Even that guy you stabbed."

"Okay, this is surprising." Nami winced as the maid pulled her dress a bit too tightly. "I think it's best you leave a little space there sweetie. I walk like a man."

"Iruka said you do." Kōri chuckled. "Anyway so long story short things happened and they weren't happy with how my brother had great influence on your sister and-" He didn't get a chance to finish his story when Nami embraced him into a hug, ignoring the screaming tailors who were adjusting the back of her dress.

"I'm sorry. For the loss. For this, mess. I'll try my best to fix it."

"It's not that I'm doubting you but... where will you start?" He noticed their surrounding had become eerily quiet at that particular moment. Don't get it wrong, Kōri trusts his queen, but will the others trust her, a former (?) ninja who had spent her life killing others and doing god knows what other things?

"I.. honestly don't know." Her dress was done, Nami looked at the nearby mirror; she couldn't recognize herself. She looked... ethereal and powerful- just like how a Fuyuhana should be. "I.. don't know what's my first step. Oh for goodness sake, I don't even know if I could live to be a queen for a day."

"But," Her eyes turned from the deep sapphire blue to her normal shade of emerald green that gave of a warm, cosy aura around her. Nami took the servant's hand and held it tightly. "All I know is that if I have someone who could be with me to manage this kingdom, I might survive. Besides, I needed a new counselor after sending two of them to prison." She gave the man in front of her a smile, one that had been gone for so, so long. A smile that only those who witnessed it would realize how sincere the queen was with her words.

"Yū Kōri," her voice sounded confident, it projected authority and power. "Starting from today, you're no longer a servant of the castle. You're now free, but I ask for one thing in return." She held her grip tighter, still maintaining her calm and confident aura.

"Would you..."

————————————

Iruka and Kakashi took a seat near the altar where Nami would be crowned. It was the first time for both of them to see a coronation up close, considering how ninjas usually have to be 3-5 meters away to watch over them.

What more since it's a coronation of someone they're both close with.

They waited along the citizens of the kingdom, whom by now are anxiously staring at the door which Nami is supposed to appear from. Maybe if they were in their shoes, they would be scared too.

"It must be scary. They haven't had a proper coronation for around 23 years." Iruka mumbled out of the blue. "All of them must be wondering what could Nami bring into their future." The chūnin turned to Kakashi with a frown on his face. "Come on, Kakashi. You need to stop being selfish for once."

"I just realized I can never live without her. She's like the anchor to my life. How could I let her go for this?"

"Kakashi," Iruka groaned loudly. "Do you need a reminder that you pretty much ditched her too as Hokage? I would say this is karma for you now."

"Besides, are you sure she forgives you already? The kiss doesn't count you know-" Their debate was interrupted as the sounds of the horns echoed through the room. The door opened, the slow clicks of the ice shoes could be heard as the queen entered the altar. She looked beautiful, majestic, like the true royalty she had been hiding for the past 23 years. Kakashi made a quick eye contact with the queen, only to look away as the memories of their last time together flooded into his mind.

Nami walked throughout the altar with all the courage she could muster at the last minute. It was scary, the feeling of being observed by everyone. She felt Kakashi's eyes on her, only to take a quick glance and accidentally making eye contact with him. 'Focus, Nami. Focus.'

She reached the end of the path, in front of her the man who had crowned her aunt and grandfather before. His smile gave of the warmest aura she had felt ever since she came here. "It's been a long time since I've done this myself, so if there are any mistakes, please forgive me, Your Majesty."

"I think I should be saying that. I don't even know the proper protocol for this." She whispered softly in return. "Please take good care of me."

With that, the coronation ceremony began.

--------------------------------------

"Now, before the last part of the ceremony, would the queen give a few words? It's been some time, hasn't it?"

Nami took a very deep breath. Her eyes looked at all the representing members of the smaller council of the kingdom, the nearby leaders of other areas, Iruka and Kakashi who were watching with heart-warming eyes. She sees herself as someone who was bad at talking, but as they say- desperate times call for desperate measures. Her blue eyes shone with determination.

"As you know, I was born outside of the Island. My father was the supposed-to-be heir while my mom was a healer from the Land of Fire. They both met uncoincidentally and fell in love."

"I was never exposed to my true bloodline until the day I accidentally created a snowball without using my hands. Since then, I learned the harsh reality of my father's life and suffered the after effects of it. My mother and I went into hiding and she died out of grief, leaving me all alone in the cold world at a young age."

"Honestly, I had never imagined I would live more than 20 years old. How could I, when I've been abandoned at such a young age? They told me to never come back here, and if I were, to be honest, they didn't let me become a ninja too. 'Stay away from them, they'll bring more harm than good.' But I guess life is weird and beautiful in a way. I became a ninja, suffered more heartaches and injuries because of the difference in power-" She held out a small amount of snow out, something she had stopped doing since her father discovered her gift. "But still, in the end, I had a family I never expected to love so much."

"I loved my ninja life a lot. I hid my background from everyone, having the fear of being forced to return here. Now that I think of it, that was pretty selfish of me, to abandon my responsibilities just like that." Nami felt the tears threatening to flow, but she forced herself to stop it before it spilled. "My life changed when the Attack of Konoha happened."

"As I turned to an adult, I realized a lot of things. Mostly about the huge difference between my two worlds. It was a tough decision, a test of responsibility and selfishness. I didn't want to go back, I'm sorry for having these feelings before. It was scary- the thought of my own people resenting me because of my occupation throughout my life. The idea that you won't be accepted because of this-" Her eyes were back to her mother's lovely shade of green, she could hear some surprising gasps from the crowd. "All these things were the main reason why I've been so afraid to return."

"But now," She sniffled a bit, still trying to hold down the tears. "I think I've started to fell in love with this place. And I promise I'll bring this kingdom to a beautiful era of peace after 23 years- even if half of you won't support me, I'll still carry on my duty as the current heir to the throne. And for that-" she took in another deep breath, feeling as if her parents and aunt were now watching her from above, the sudden calmness that came gushing in overpowering her.

"Please treat me well." She took a bow as the altar was still quiet. The queen had no expectation of people supporting her, which makes sense as the second she heard someone clapped their hands and cheered for her, her tears just spilled at that exact second.

Nami calmed down as the priest in front of her finally placed the silver crown on her head. "It is done. Long live the ice queen." The chants grew louder, and the weather in the Snow Islands turned to a warm (still slightly cold) weather. It was like the Islands itself too has received a new light.

"It's a start of a new era. My queen, I hope you keep your words well." The priest and Nami bowed towards each other as they turned to the uprising crowd in front of them. She could see Kori from afar with a proud smile on his face, Iruka's tears falling down as he cheered alone.

She couldn't see Kakashi, but that's a problem she would think of later.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.5K 166 23
This is a story about a teenage girl who was tasked with the job to go and protect what's needed to be protected in the Naruto verse and maybe have s...
62.5K 1.3K 65
kakashi X oc She isn't from konohagakure. She came from kirigakure. We first met... during war. She saved us even though she knew we were the enemy.
88.2K 1.8K 25
When Naruto's older sister comes back to Konoha 12 years after the third shinobi war, Kakashi's world is about to change. The sweet but deep lovesto...
360K 14.1K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...