Clarity || John Murphy

Від Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... Більше

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me

2.1K 73 15
Від Breathe_Me

HAI! :3 Happy OFFICIAL birthday to my best friend @MarcelllStylessss! ^.^

I felt like this chapter kind of... I dunno. I'll tell you at the end.

The song for this chapter is "Anything Can Happen" by Ellie Goulding, mainly because hey, Anything Can Happen on Earth. :P

Goal: 35 reads and 2 votes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Eight

She skipped the elevator, going straight to the stairs instead. She ran down them as fast as she could, feeling once again near instant relief when she was finally out the front doors. It was still raining, but she was almost too overwhelmed by the previous events to notice.

She quickly walked down the street, and was nearly a block from the hall when she heard her name being called by the last person that she wanted to be around.

"Eve!" Murphy yelled.

She sped up her pace, walking more and more quickly. "Eve, wait!" He yelled again, and she could now hear him running up behind her. He wrapped his hand around her wrist, swinging her around to face him.

His eyebrows furrowed, and his lips parted. His eyes moved from her wrist and up to her eyes. "You're crying."

How could she be so stupid? Of course he could tell, her eyes were red and puffy and they were standing under a street light.

"No, I'm not."

"You are, Angel. I'm not blind." He said, moving his hand up to her face and grazing his thumb lightly against her cheek bone.

Eve pushed his hand away gently, moving away from him. "I'm fine, Murphy."

She began to back away, when Murphy just followed her. "You need to tell me what he said."

"Fine! He said that I can't trust you. He said that you never changed, and that you're just using me."

Murphy's eyebrows furrowed, and he shook his head. "Eve, you know that's not true."

"How do I know that?" Eve said, biting her lip and the tears pooling out even more. She wondered how she was even able to speak now.

Murphy opened his mouth to speak, then closed it again when he realized that what he was going to say wasn't exactly the best thing to say. "I'm sorry if I ever made you think that, I-"

"No, Murphy! It's not that, I just-" A second later, he had cut her off too. Of course, it wasn't by speaking.

It was by giving her the most passionate and sensual kiss that she had ever felt. His hands were placed on both sides of her face, almost making it impossible to tear herself away. But at that point, she wasn't sure she wanted to. The frustration, anger, sadness, everything... It just... Vanished. It vanished when he touched her. When he kissed her. When he told her or showed her how much he loved her.

He pulled away at some point, she wasn't sure when. She just knew that she hated it when he did.

He moved back, stepping back further and further. "Eve... I'm... I'm sorry." He stopped, running a hand through his soaking wet hair. "I can't do this anymore."

"What?" She said, but it almost came out as more of a whimper or in a pleading tone.

"I can't do this anymore... I can't act like everytime I'm around you, I'm not completely torn apart. I lose focus. I lose my mind. Hell, I lose MYSELF." He said, now breathing heavily.

"I need you! Alright?! I need you around me and I can't just act like it's okay when I feel like someone like Bellamy will just take you away by planting a few thoughts in your head!" He yelled.

"I need to know that I have you forever! Alright?!" He bit his lip for a moment, staring at her in shock. "I need to know that I won't lose you!"

He stared at her in silence for a few seconds, before walking back to her and staring down at her as he reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out a small blue velvet box, opening it and revealing a small golden band with the name "Murphy" engraved on it.

He bit his lip. "This is a promise ring. The promise is that I won't ever leave you. I'll argue with you, I'll fight with you, I'll challenge you, but I will ALWAYS love you." He paused, staring down at her. "I promise you that."

His eyes never left hers. "I won't leave your side... Not unless you tell me to."

She watched him as he stared down at her, biting his lip. "So, what do you say?"

At that point, she had no idea what to say.

Her lips parted, before she slowly nodded her head and smiled. He truly meant it, she could see it in his eyes. "I'm willing to try if you are."

After she saw the look on his face, she couldn't help but grin. He genuinely looked like one of the happiest people in the world.

He moved up to her again, wrapping his arms around her body and lifting her up. His lips were pressed against hers before she could even register what had happened, and she definitely didn't fight it. He spun her around in a circle, then set her down and deepened the kiss even further. Her hands were resting on his neck, her fingers entangling themselves in his hair. He pulled away, a large smile on his face.

"We'll always love each other." He paused, grinning down at her. "Promise?"

She smiled, leaning forwards and grazing her lips against his. "Promise."

*

Eve tightened her grip on Murphy's hand when she nervously began to watch Jack pace back and forth along the long line of new and hopeful future recruits.

There were a few of the 100 included in that mix, surprisingly it included Conner, Miller, Jasper, and Monty. Murphy had apparently suggested for Jack to accept Jasper and Monty into his personal team, mainly because they were the most intelligent people out of the group. They were good with chemistry and biology, and Monty especially excelled in technology. Apparently, the mechanic, whose name was Raven, was very good with building things, especially things that had to do with technology. Just like Monty.

Bellamy had been locked up in the town hall for the time being, though Clarke was definitely protestant about it. According to Jack, he needed to find out exactly what was going through that kid's head when he decided he should make Murphy and anyone close to him feel horrible.

Raven was now working with Marcel, Marcus, and Jackie. She was very close to finding the correct radio frequency, and Monty was going to help her to hack into the Ark's mainframe once he was finished finding out if he had made the team or not.

Murphy leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Who do you think will make it?"

"I think that he'll definitely choose Monty and Jasper. He'll probably ask Raven if she wants to as well." Though Raven hadn't been at the meeting to see if she could be in the group, she still had the good potential to do so.

"Anyone else?"

She looked down the line of people, realizing that there was one more person that she genuinely thought would make it. "What about Mina?"

"Mina?"

"Her." She looked towards her. "The second girl on the right."

Mina had black hair and dark brown eyes. They were almost black, actually. She had tanned skin as well, with freckles dotting across her cheeks. She was a very quiet person, and often people had caught her staring at them intently. They wondered why, but Eve knew. She knew why she was so different. She was stronger than most humans. In fact, Eve knew just exactly how strong she was. Marcus and Marcel had been watching her over the past two days since she had arrived here, she was one of the 100. They said that she had the ability to use more than 10% of her brain capacity, which was very, very strange. She was special, to say the least. Eve was sure that she was the only one who knew.

"Why do you think that?"

Eve sighed. "Marcel and Marcus think that she's special. In a... different sort of way."

"Different?"

"They think that she can use a stronger percentage of her brain than other people. They think that she's stronger and faster than other humans, and definitely smarter."

He nodded. "Was it because of the radiation?"

She shrugged. "It's happened before."

"When?"

"James and Lena." She paused. "Have you ever noticed how quiet they are sometimes?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"It's because they're watching people. The brain capacity that they use helps them to see energy. They can see auras, I suppose. They're able to see what kind of person you are. If you give off a dark energy, you're an evil person. If you give off a light energy, you're a good person."

Murphy's jaw dropped. "I didn't know that was possible."

"We also didn't know that a deer could have two heads and be able to use two brains in both of them." She shrugged, looking up at him. "Hey, anything can happen on Earth."

*

Murphy followed Jack, grinding his teeth slightly as he did so. They were now walking through one of the many hallways in the town hall.

Jack was taking Murphy to go to the interrogation room, where Bellamy was. He was being held under the charge of threatening to kill, and also vandalism to one of the other rooms in the building. Jack definitely wasn't taking it easy on him. He had said that when he was at the camp by the river, they had constantly argued because Bellamy felt the need to be in charge.

Suddenly, Jack stopped in front of him just as they were about five feet from the interrogation room. He turned around, sighing softly. “Look, try not to kill him, alright? I have to go with the council for a bit. They need to talk about the Halloween bash that's being held tonight.”

“You want me to stay in a room with him, all alone?” He shook his head. “No. Nope. Never. Not gonna happen.”

Jack sighed again. “I know, I know. I hate him too. But we have to do this, either that or let him go. You know what he could then? He could hurt Eve.”

That got Murphy's attention. He gritted his teeth. “Fine.”

“You're not going to let him walk away without at least hitting him a few times, are you?”

Murphy sighed, walking around him and going towards the interrogation room. “After he hurt Eve?” He chuckled, shaking his head. “Hell no.”

____________________________________________________________

So. I said I'd tell you at the end. :3 I just kinda felt that this chapter really made everything official. So yes, Meve shippers, MEVE OFFICIALLY EXISTS. THEY ARE A THING. A COUPLE. TOGETHER FOREVER. ^.^ YAY.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

132K 3.6K 43
"She is unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, But because she continued on despite them." -Anonymous Amara Sharp. After...
115K 1.6K 56
This is so cringe idk why this has so many views... Aurora was one of the youngest to be thrown in skybox. The 100 delinquents get sent down to Earth...
185K 5.7K 23
in which Erica Parker escapes Mount Weather, and lands right in the middle of a war between peoples, finding romance along the way. "Love is not weak...
12.4K 410 20
"No risk, no story. Right?" 100 prisoners have been sent to the ground, including Willow Hennessy. The redhead has never let "rules" get in her way...