Moving On.

By listen-to-the-Khan

This was not supposed to happen, they were not supposed to meet. An angry young Pashtun with his ego problems... More

Subversion
First Look and Cast
Word Teaser
Chapter 1 - His Turn
Chapter 2 - The Prince of Gorgush
Chapter 3 - The Boy of Darken World
Chapter 4- When She Was Coming
Chapter 5- First Look and The Pick
Chapter 6- The British Revolution
Chapter 7 - HER
Chapter 8 - The V for Victory
Chapter 9 - There Is Someone
Chapter 10 - Pretty
Chapter 11 - Qasim Knows
Chapter 12 - The Khans
Chapter 13 - Call
Chapter 14 - Guns And Poets
Chapter 15 - The Hate List
Chapter 17 - Book of Someone Whose Lost
Chapter 18 - Caveman
Chapter 19 - Run
Chapter 20 - Flashback
Chapter 21 - Her Husband
Chapter 22 - Mature Adults
Chapter 23 - Date
Chapter 24 - Pathan
Chapter 25 - Language
Chapter 26 - Brother in Law
Chapter 27 - Sister in Law
Chapter 28 - React
Chapter 29 - No Blame Game
Chapter 30 - Missing Things
Chapter 31 - I Hate You!
Chapter 32 - Did He...?
Chapter 33 - Something Old
Chapter 34 - Peanut Butter
Chapter 35 - Shukar
Chapter 36 - Things Have Changed
Chapter 37 - Hila Gul
Chapter 38 - Happy Bubble
Chapter 39 - Mine
Chapter 40 - The Greater Good
Chapter 41 - The Emir Played a Trick
Chapter 42 - Selfish
Chapter 43 - E-mail
Chapter 44 - She has to Go
Chapter 45 - Date Rape Drug
Chapter 46 - Pride
Chapter 47 - Doomed
Chapter 48 - Tharki
Chapter 49 - Uniform
Chapter 50 - Lost to Never be Found
Chapter 51 - Not so perfect End
Bonus Chapter
Aesthetic

Chapter 16 - ABEERA

2.4K 206 325
By listen-to-the-Khan

ABEERA

"May I come in?" a female voice made Zareen jump as she was too consumed with her thoughts. Zareen looked over at the side to find a girl half hanging over the door itself with a huge grin. She looked young as her lighter shades of browns hanged straight at one side against her glowing soft skin. Maybe she was of the same age as Ayan, her brother.

"Sure..."Zareen stretched the word because she was confused. Not trying to be rude but she really did not know her and people who she did not know here, they were not really coming out to be the best.

"Ass Salam Alaikum! I am Abeera. I am the youngest sister and you must be Zareen, right?" The girl forwarded her hand out for her to take. She was pretty with her light skin and the authentic pakhtoon features with a soft look. Her lighter shade browns twinkled as she kept on grinning like a child. Zareen quickly grabbed her hand when she cleared her throat.

"I am so sorry. I was just... never mind and yes I am. How are you?" giving her hand a light shake she smiled at Abeera.

"I am good. What about you, is the place okay, are you comfortable here or do you need something?" Abeera asked politely that made Zareen smile. All though she came out strong, she still was sweet and talkative, Zareen guessed.

"I am good and everything is okay. Mind taking a seat?" Zareen asked that made Abeera grin even more. For some sort of a reason, Abeera approved her in a one go. She thought that she will go and check on the person that caused the whole house to be on their toes. In the Khan house, it was a matter of value and pride to be great and respectable towards their guests and it was not just by the way they behaved with the guest but the whole household shifted in their pattern. They would go to any means to make it more comfortable without breaking their own traditions and customs. That is why everything in the house was being prepared in ways that would be in accordance with Zareen's likes or at least not her dislikes.

"So, I do not know if you know but this place is pretty sweet. You should go out and enjoy the view." Abeera tried to start a conversation so they do not go on an awkward page. Zareen smiled because she saw right through her. Zareen knew what she was trying to do, all though that is true, the place is beautiful to no words. There are some people who can never keep secrets or a straight face. These people have a speaking face or an inner mirror, that lets out all their thoughts on the plate. These people are the true open books, in flash. Angels from both inside and out.

"I may have an idea or so." She took as seat beside her on the bed in front of the large window. Zareen looked out to the place where Abeera was looking. It was true that The United States was very gifted on a land ground basis with stunning views with all seasons but Pakistan and this place to be exact was home despite Zareen never lived her, it just felt right.

"I heard that you are an interior designer back there, in States. Do you enjoy there?" Abeera looked over her shoulder as she asserted Zareen's feature. They were sharp and well not really Asian but the matched together in a good way. Zareen unconsciously smiled as her head went downwards and her eyes closed for a brief.

"I am. I enjoy there, I guess." Zareen said with a shrug. Abeera tilts her head to the side as her eyebrows knitted. To her that did not sound so agreeable, it actually sounded like she was trying to enjoy there.

"It did not feel promising." Abeera blunted out but quickly bit her lip in self-embarrassment. I can be so some dumb at times, no wonder they tell me to grow up, Abeera scolded herself. She later smiled apologetically at Zareen who gave her a small smile in return.

"My father is from here. After his passing, that place does not really feel like home but for some strange reason, this place does. As if I can feel him here." Zareen explained not really knowing why she did. Maybe it was because after her father had died, she was too busy to handle everything that she never really had the chance to let it slide in that her daddy won't be around anymore. She never talked about it to anyone, she just kept on feeling this empty part in herself that made her enjoy life, just not to the fullest.

"I am sorry, I did not know..." Abeera was not sure why was she apologizing for, maybe the fact that she was blunt or was it that Zareen missed her father and she brought the topic up, even though it was without knowing.

"It was not your fault. You didn't know." Zareen placed her hand on the back of Abeera's head which caused both of them to smile.

"Come on let's take you out. Have you had breakfast yet?" Abeera quickly took her hand and stood up, pulling on it.

"No. Ops..." She had lied to Olasyar back then and now she felt so stupid for both the lie and the truth that she told because for some strange gut feeling she thinks that she will get busted.

"That's great. I mean not great because you did not eat but great because we will eat together. We will get breakfast first and afterward I am taking you for a walk on the streets of this green land." Abeera at a fast pace said so many things that Zareen tried to catch up on but it also hurried her at the same place because she knew Olasyar would be there. Damn it, he just asked me to have breakfast with him and I lied. She thought.

"No!" she quickly halted Abeera and shook her head at her. More lies will make it worse and she cannot tell her the truth either. What would she say? You know that brother of yours, Olsayar Khan, I lied to him about my breakfast because he is acting as a pervert and he tried to hit on me but that's just my gut feeling, huff! She sarcastically passed a comment in her head.

"Come on, yara! We do not have all day. Do you know there is so much to see and how early this town sleeps and I am sure you have work too? Lady, you have no idea what nights are here like and we have to come early too. It's too much work." Abeera kept on talking and talking without the acknowledgment that a very displeased Zareen was tugging on her hand to let go, behind her.

They were almost in the wooden cabin cottage kitchen with a beige theme. There were cups hanging on an ancient but vintage hanging pot in the center, just above the kitchen island that had a cream beige marble surface with few plates over it with four barstools beside the island to sit. There were two people running around the kitchen, a little healthy slightly old man in traditional yellow shalwar kameez and the other was a woman who had a dupatta covering her head with the same kind of shalwar kameez but there was someone else too. A guy was bent towards what looked like a stove as there was light smoke coming from it.

"Wakuri chuk nun warha pakhli kui, Mashallah," Abeera exclaimed pointing out at the man as she giggled away, who Zareen assumed was cooking. The man was in shalwar kameez too but in black. Does everyone wear this around here, Zareen thought and she was happy about it. She liked how they dressed, it had its own charm.

"Excuse me but what." Zareen chuckled as she asked Abeera about what she said. Abeera smiled and made a face remembering that Zareen did not understand Pashto. Mouthing an apology with a smile she was about to speak but she never got a chance.

"Zareen, she was exaggerating that I am cooking today. Kulfi, she is a guest who does not know our language but at least tell her what you are saying." The voice made Zareen scrunch her eyes in the form of experiencing a bad luck. She was sure that Olasyar would be here but she was still hoping that she does not get to encounter him again.

"Lala! Kulfi, At least spare me in front of someone." Zareen knows what a Kulfi was, she had eaten it a lot when she was back home. They always get it after a dinner on a family-Pakistani-treat-day-out kind of a thing but what confused her was that he called Abeera that.

"Hey, people are giving my name out, why should not I do the same, right Zareen?" He still did not turn around but that made Zareen snap her head up at him first, mainly his back but later she looked over at Abeera who had her eyebrows furred in confusion.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Abeera asked as she left Zareen on the doorstep of the kitchen and took a seat on one of the barstools as she popped a grape in her mouth before moving her head between an awkwardly standing Zareen and un-acknowledging Olasyar. He kept himself busy yet he had a smile on his face that was hidden from everyone except the wall in front of him.

"Badam Khan, she gave me an American version of it," Olasyar spoke as he took the plate on the counter beside him in his hand as he passed the cheese omelet on it. Abeera surprised looked over at Zareen who was gapping at Olasyar as she popped another grape into her mouth, fishy!

"Qasim told me and yeah I sound funny when I say Almond in Urdu, I do say in my defense. Plus, it's not that big of a deal." Zareen said as she defended herself that made Olasyar chuckle as he turned around. Abeera smiled from ear to ear at Zareen as she passed Olasyar a knowing look.

"You can still call him that." Abeera offered which caused Olasyar to smirk at Zareen.

"No, I..." Olasyar never lets Zareen finish her sentence and spoke.

"She cannot say Olasyar without adding a Khan as a suffix and mister as a prefix and you are asking her to say, Badam Khan. Miss. Wadi here is too formal for us normal folks." Olasyar sarcastically commented that made Zareen to glare at him as she folded her hands over her chest.

"Am I missing something?" Abeera asked as she felt there was something going on between them that caused an argy-bargy to light up in between that only Olasyar was enjoying.

"With all due respect Mr. Khan, you are my client. I am not into familiarizing our relation more than that." Zareen retorted that caused Olasyar to knit his eyebrows at her as he finally places the plate of an omelet on the kitchen island and turned in Zareen's direction.

"She does not like you," Abeera commented in a sing a song manner that made Olasyar snort while he kept on looking at Zareen with no expression on his face.

"It's not like that." That blender of Zareen's made Olasyar's smirk to show up again. Zareen's eyes widen as she saw how it sounded but it was too late to take it back. She never meant it in the way that it came out to be.

"So you do like me?" Olasyar asked as his smirk increased in size.

"No, I don't." Zareen took a step forward as she refused his attempts.

"So, you dislike me?" Olasyar asked again faking a bewilder expression over his face.

"Yes!" Zareen pressured the word.

"Yes, as in you dislike me or yes, you don't dislike me?" Olasyar played around with his words that caused her to gap at him.

"Olasyar! I said I don't like you." Zareen was annoyed as she blushed a little. It was the first time she was talking about the opposite gender in that sense where Olasyar indirectly took her.

"Finally someone said my name. Let's manage to keep it that way, Zareen. Okay?" Olasyar smirked at her which caused her to groan in frustration as Olasyar chuckled while he pulled a fifth barstool for himself from under the island cavity. By seeing the show in front of her, Abeera kept on laughing at Zareen's annoyed face.

"At least sit with us even though you have had your breakfast, Zareen. It feels awkward with you standing there, doing nothing." Olasyar said without looking at her as he took a piece of freshly baked brioche from the man who Zareen asserted as one of the cooks. Both the man and the woman left them all alone as they went out from the back door of the house.

"She has not ate anything yet, Lala. That is why I brought her here." Abeera said taking a cup of tea which Olasyar took away glaring at her which caused her to pout. Abeera was not allowed to take tea as it was very early in the morning and because she was bound to take it two more times by night when they have a tea time after dinner. It was not healthy for her to keep on drinking tea that much or coffee. Yet it did not make Olasyar oblivious to the fact that Zareen lied to him.

"I thought you ate?" Olasyar asked as he took a morsel in his mouth. His tone was mocking.

"Yeah...well, can you pass me the yogurt Abeera, please?" Zareen openly ignored his question while Abeera after passing her what she asked for, did not pay any attention to them because she saw how Olasyar was looking at Zareen, fixated and that was the right time to slip the cup of tea for herself.

"Zareen, I asked you something?" Olasyar was persistent but Zareen was also not planning to give in.

"Sorry, were you?" Zareen acted as if she did not hear him which only entertained Olasyar even more.

"Never mind." Olasyar smiled as he shook his head at her. It will be fun annoying her. 

He glanced at her as she mixed some fruits in the yogurt. She kept on adding strawberries and blue berries from the food salad. Olasyar passed her a glass of apple juice which she took without focusing on the fact that it was him. She actually whispered a thank you as she was passing her hands grabbing one thing or another. At that moment Olasyar felt that he was nothing to her. Yes, his words affected her but his presences did not and that is where the problem was. He never in his life wanted to be recognized more by anyone that he wanted to be recognized by her. Infatuation is a very bizarre thing. His mind came up with an explanation for his state.

"You are not drinking that." All though Olasyar was looking at Zareen all this time he still saw what a cunny thing Abeera did try to do under his nose. Abeera's lips just got in contact with the cup when Olasyar stopped her and took the cup away. Pointing his knife towards her plate he continued with his breakfast with passing fleeting glances over at Zareen from time to time.

"So what is the agenda for today?" Olasyar asked as he saw Zareen drinking the glass of apple juice without even giving him a glance.

"Nothing. I am taking Zareen out. To show her around." Abeera said as she took another bite. Olasyar mind went to the complications they were all in, especially Zareen. She should not be going out. This will be bad. We are not in a condition of having a day out, not until we were ready. At least not until the guards he hired came in. Olasyar thought.

"You are not going," Olasyar commanded as he casual ate his food but his words stopped both Zareen and Abeera. Both the women shared a look that only mirrored confusion.

"But why?" Abeera asked as she put her fork and knife down.

"Because it's not safe," Olasyar replied still in the same position.

"Since when?" Abeera argued back.

"Since I said it." Olasyar finally looked at her. For Zareen his behavior was of a man who liked to oppress people.

"But Lala, please." Abeera forced him which caused him to shake his head in a no.

"Lala, come on,"Abeera complained.

"Abeera try to understand. Dost Ali is busy so is Darman and Qasim is half the protection you both need. I cannot send you both out there without a male figure to protect you." Olasyar tried to reason with her but Abeera was not buying any of it.

"But Lala, one day won't harm. I always go with someone, it's not a big deal if there won't be anyone today. I am not alone, Zareen is with me." That is the problem that she is with you. Olasyar mentally said.

"A no is a no, Abeera." Olasyar had this thing for not giving in a lot and that is what he was doing with his baby sister.

"Lala!" Abeera's tone changed into a sad one which made Olasyar curse.

"I am busy or I would have taken you kiddo. Try to understand." Olasyar was indeed busy or else he won't miss a chance like this.

"With what?" Abeera asked as she knew Olasyar only comes here when there is no work, so what work can he have it here.

"Baba Jaani wants me to attend this Ishtami wedding in the farm area of our land because he could not go," Olasyar replied.

"What is an Ishtami wedding?" Zareen asked as she could not understand that part of the sentence.

"It's like multiple weddings at a time. Every year our family holds this wedding session for people who can't afford a proper wedding and the costs of an upcoming new life. Someone from the Emir's family is always there, mostly Baba Jaani because he is the current Emir but I guess Baba Jaani is not going that is why he is sending Lala. Right, Lala?" after explaining Zareen everything she looked over at Olasyar, who nodded at her.

"Oh, that sounds interesting. Never heard of it though." Zareen disclosed as she took a spoon filled with yogurt and fruits.

"So why don't you?" Abeera's brain just flickered with an idea.

"Sorry come again?" Zareen asked.

"I mean... wait, Lala, can we tag along? Please! That way she can see something new and you will be there to protect us." It was indeed a win-win situation, even for Olasyar. He gets to be with her.

"No, I am fine." She saw the look on his face. The guy was smiling for no reason and that creeped her out.

"No, it's a good idea. Abeera if you have finished. Go tell Baba Jaani that you both will be going with me." Olasyar quickly took in the conversation.

"Yes! You will love it, Zareen. It's so fun. There are so many brides and so many people. It's too colorful to miss, yara." Abeera kept on talking as she dusted her hands together to remove the crumbs.

"Where are you going, finish this?" Olasyar pointed towards her half-finished plate with his knife.

"I am done. I am going to ask Baba Jaani to let us go and I am taking my Chai with me." Abeera quickly grabbed her cup of tea and went for the door and the next thing they knew she was out of the picture.

"I should go too." Zareen was about to stand when Olasyar spoke.

"Zareen can I ask you something?" Zareen looked at him for a moment but nodded at him for him to continue.

"I don't know what you think about me but Zareen rest assure, I am not a bad person. You don't even know me so how can you judge me?" Olasyar said that made Zareen guilty. She knew he was right and in an unintended way she did made an image of him without knowing him exactly.

"Zareen, trust me I won't ever harm you." The way Olasyar said it, it made her feel down and happy at the same time. She was not expecting this from him. His words were pure and genuine that made her to actually believe him. Not fully but to at least a little.

"I am sorry. I was not trying to judge you or anything." Zareen apologized like a juvenile who made a mistake but Olasyar only felt happy by her reaction. If there was any other girl, she would have reacted differently.

"I know but I just want to clear things between us. I am not a bad chap." He said the last part in a playful way that made her face to break into a smile.

"Maybe, Olasyar. I should go." Zareen was about to get off her stool when he spoke.

"If you don't mind I have a request." Zareen stopped in her process again.

"Umm. Okay?" Zareen with her confusion still agreed.

"I hate eating alone. Can you join me until I finish this?" He pointed towards his breakfast that made Zareen chuckle. It was not a lie, he did dislike eating alone but he really never had a choice. Was not he always alone?

"Sure." Zareen took her place back on the stool and they started talking while they were there in the kitchen. She actually found him very knowledgeable. There was not a single topic in the world that he had no idea about. He was for sure very updated and had pretty darn straight thoughts about them, be it politics or religion, he had something to say about all of them. All though she did not disagree with most of the things he said yet she was very intruded by his thought process. His mind worked differently from everyone else and he was not even hiding it away, even if he sounded a little backward.

At least he was not two-faced. She thought.

Maybe she did misjudge him, too much too quickly. Ignoring her own thoughts, she listened to what he was talking about, finding a genuine interest in the conversation.

Glossary;

Wakuri chuk nun warha pakhli kui = look who's cooking today.

Chapter 16

First of All Eid Mubarak (late he sahi)

I welcome Abeera, how did you find her?

What about Zareen? Is Olasyar being too hard on her?

I think half of us can agree he has gone this....

And I am back as I promised.... 

I was in fear will you guys be here or not though.

So, this is for today will you soon inshallah!

Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 26.8K 56
#1 in #muslim 12 Aug, 2021 #4 in #islam 29 May, 2021 #7 in #Allah 4 May, 2021 #8 in spiritual 15,16,17 September 2016 Thanks for stoppi...
990K 55.7K 53
MIRAAN ROHERO(age 30) He belongs to a strong politician family.Along with having ties in the politics , they are also running the underworld.Miraan i...
736K 42.6K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
95K 4.2K 38
He was born to rule, on land and high in the skies. She, it seemed, was born to reign over him. He had defied all odds in his life. She was hell-bent...