Chapter 16 - ABEERA

ABEERA

"May I come in?" a female voice made Zareen jump as she was too consumed with her thoughts. Zareen looked over at the side to find a girl half hanging over the door itself with a huge grin. She looked young as her lighter shades of browns hanged straight at one side against her glowing soft skin. Maybe she was of the same age as Ayan, her brother.

"Sure..."Zareen stretched the word because she was confused. Not trying to be rude but she really did not know her and people who she did not know here, they were not really coming out to be the best.

"Ass Salam Alaikum! I am Abeera. I am the youngest sister and you must be Zareen, right?" The girl forwarded her hand out for her to take. She was pretty with her light skin and the authentic pakhtoon features with a soft look. Her lighter shade browns twinkled as she kept on grinning like a child. Zareen quickly grabbed her hand when she cleared her throat.

"I am so sorry. I was just... never mind and yes I am. How are you?" giving her hand a light shake she smiled at Abeera.

"I am good. What about you, is the place okay, are you comfortable here or do you need something?" Abeera asked politely that made Zareen smile. All though she came out strong, she still was sweet and talkative, Zareen guessed.

"I am good and everything is okay. Mind taking a seat?" Zareen asked that made Abeera grin even more. For some sort of a reason, Abeera approved her in a one go. She thought that she will go and check on the person that caused the whole house to be on their toes. In the Khan house, it was a matter of value and pride to be great and respectable towards their guests and it was not just by the way they behaved with the guest but the whole household shifted in their pattern. They would go to any means to make it more comfortable without breaking their own traditions and customs. That is why everything in the house was being prepared in ways that would be in accordance with Zareen's likes or at least not her dislikes.

"So, I do not know if you know but this place is pretty sweet. You should go out and enjoy the view." Abeera tried to start a conversation so they do not go on an awkward page. Zareen smiled because she saw right through her. Zareen knew what she was trying to do, all though that is true, the place is beautiful to no words. There are some people who can never keep secrets or a straight face. These people have a speaking face or an inner mirror, that lets out all their thoughts on the plate. These people are the true open books, in flash. Angels from both inside and out.

"I may have an idea or so." She took as seat beside her on the bed in front of the large window. Zareen looked out to the place where Abeera was looking. It was true that The United States was very gifted on a land ground basis with stunning views with all seasons but Pakistan and this place to be exact was home despite Zareen never lived her, it just felt right.

"I heard that you are an interior designer back there, in States. Do you enjoy there?" Abeera looked over her shoulder as she asserted Zareen's feature. They were sharp and well not really Asian but the matched together in a good way. Zareen unconsciously smiled as her head went downwards and her eyes closed for a brief.

"I am. I enjoy there, I guess." Zareen said with a shrug. Abeera tilts her head to the side as her eyebrows knitted. To her that did not sound so agreeable, it actually sounded like she was trying to enjoy there.

"It did not feel promising." Abeera blunted out but quickly bit her lip in self-embarrassment. I can be so some dumb at times, no wonder they tell me to grow up, Abeera scolded herself. She later smiled apologetically at Zareen who gave her a small smile in return.

"My father is from here. After his passing, that place does not really feel like home but for some strange reason, this place does. As if I can feel him here." Zareen explained not really knowing why she did. Maybe it was because after her father had died, she was too busy to handle everything that she never really had the chance to let it slide in that her daddy won't be around anymore. She never talked about it to anyone, she just kept on feeling this empty part in herself that made her enjoy life, just not to the fullest.