After The Bet

By desireddelusions

30 days was all that it took to shatter Charlotte's perfect world. Book 1: The Virgin Bet Book 2: After The B... More

Introduction
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Update!
The "True" Ending

3

8.1K 182 58
By desireddelusions

"I let you become my happiness, and that's where I went wrong."

Becky

Ian's apartment smelled of booze and cigarettes, a mixture of scents that I became far too familiar with. It was just Ian, Liam and I right now, for Kylie and Andy were supposed to show up later today.

I twisted a piece of my sleek, bleached hair around my skinny index finger. It's funny how my hair stayed so healthy considering it took a lot to keep it this color. All I could say was that my hairstylist must be a goddess.

The guys were being annoying again, mumbling on about some annoying bîtch Ian tried to bang the other night. Whoever she was rejected him, and now he's throwing a hissy fit over the whole situation. The man couldn't stand being rejected. Maybe it's because his ego was the opposite of his dîck. Big.

"I mean, she was all over me the entire night." Ian threw his head back with a groan, bringing his palm into contact with his crinkled forehead.

"Girls are like that." Liam shrugged as he took a swing of his drink. "One second, they'll want you. The next, they'll push you away."

That made my head perk up.

"Um, I think you guys are missing out on some... minor details." I began to say, causing the two of them to cut their eyes at me. "Because Cole pushes me away every single fûcking time for no reason at all, but I know he wants me."

They started laughing, and I knew they weren't laughing with me. I scowled at the two of them as Liam nearly fell out of his chair.

"Cole doesn't want you." Ian snorted with laughter as he began to wipe tears from the corners of his blue eyes. "You two had a one night stand and you just can't seem to get over the fact that that's all you were to him."

"It was more than a one night stand." I hissed through my teeth as I viciously threw my empty beer can at Ian. He swatted it away with ease, snickering as he did so.

"Yeah, to you."

Maybe Ian's right, but that doesn't matter. That night, Cole was so close to me. It seemed like all of his focus was on me.

It was probably because that was the best sex that I've ever had, but I remember that day as if it was yesterday.

"Cole?"

"Yeah?" He mumbled into my chest, the lingering smell of alcohol coming from his breath.

"Will this be our last time?"

He shifted himself off of my body clumsily, looking down at me with hazed eyes. "What're you talking about?"

"I'm asking if you're just going to fûck me and leave, like you always do to girls." I said with a small pout.

Cole never spoke a word when I asked him that question. He just gave me a small shake of his head before he collapsed back down on my almost naked chest.

My arms snaked around him as I let my long fingernails run through his messy hair. Everything was how I wanted it to be.

I groaned out loud as I shot up out of the chair I was on. My heels made loud clicking noises as I angrily stomped back into Ian's kitchen. I swung open the refrigerator door, grabbed another drink, and slammed it shut once again.

"I hate that girl." I mumbled under my breath as I cracked open the little pop lid on my beer.

"It's not like he's still with her." Liam rolled his eyes, obviously aggregated at my comment.

"Let me see that stupid video again, there has to be something in it that can ruin that girl's fûcking life." I groaned.

"Well." My eyes fixated on Ian as he stood up off of his seat. He dropped his can on the ground before dragging his feet over to his bedroom. When he came back out, he had a black laptop in his arms. "Cole left his laptop here a few days ago and still hasn't come back for it yet."

"And what am I supposed to do with this?"

"Find evidence, although he showed us the entire video." Ian chuckled as he set the laptop down on the kitchen island.

I shouldn't do this, but I had to find out the truth. This was snooping, but what if he was lying to us all? It was a very small chance, but I'll cling onto that small hope.

It's weird to think that I wanted him to fall in love with her; that way she would reach her pretty little downfall.

Why did I hate her so much? It was hard to pin down one single thing that I hated about her more than anything else. Her presence in general just bothered me, and I've hated her ever since she poured her drink all over Cole's shirt that day.

Cole's password was easy to crack. Sprouse1234. He's never been very creative when it came down to making passwords. When his laptop screen pulled up, a picture of Charlotte was the first thing that caught my eye.

I cocked my brows up as I stared at the picture. It looked like she was standing at the top of the Statue of Liberty.

"Ian? Have you seen this?" I said slowly, my eyes scanning his laptop background once again. Ian groaned quietly as he got back up, and all I could hear were his heavy footsteps coming up behind me.

He leaned over my left shoulder from behind me, putting his arms past me on both sides to grasp the kitchen island countertop. I glanced at him over my shoulders, and his eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the background.

"No, I haven't seen this." His voice was low, and I knew it was because he was concentrating. "Becky, locate his video files."

I clicked on the little folder on his bottom toolbar, and shortcuts popped up on the screen. The side bar in the shortcuts tab looked promising as I found the videos section.

"Stop." Ian said as his eyes began to quickly take in every file on the screen. He used his index and middle finger on his right hand to point out two files next to each other. One of them had a much larger file size. "These two videos look similar, and the smaller one is the sex tape."

"How do you know?"

"I recognize the file name. Click on the larger video file."

I did as he said, and opened up the larger file. The scene of the hotel room popped up, and the video footage said it was a few hours long. This must be the untrimmed video.

"Fast forward to the point where the two of them enter the room." He said to me. I fast forwarded the video nearly two hours in before we finally saw Charlotte and Cole enter the room. "Just play the video from here."

I had to rewatch that whole dâmn video from the start. It made me sick to my stomach to see her giggle alongside him as they stripped each other of clothing and toppled down onto the bed. Something seemed different with the two of them sleeping together than the time we had. It actually looked like he cared about her, and it made me want to projectile vomit all over the screen.

The video continued to play past the point where it had originally cut off. Before, it ended as soon as he walked off the screen to go grab them some towels. It kept running though, and we saw him re-enter the camera. The two of them cleaned themselves up before he crawled back into bed with her, letting the little wench curly up into his arms.

"I love you." He whispered quietly to her.

"Hold up." Ian yelled, causing my skeleton to nearly jump out of my skin as I quickly pressed pause. "Back it up a few seconds." I did as he said, and listened to that horrific line one more time

"I love you."

"Cole?"

"Yes baby?"

"I love you, Cole."

Even in the dark lighting of the room, the look of surprised, yet excited shock was easily readable across his features as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. We watched as he waited for her to fall asleep before slowly getting out of the bed and sneaking over towards the camera. He picked it up, lens facing at an awkward up angle so that we could see under his chin. The look of guilt spread across his features before the screen went black.

"He fûcking said it." Ian said as he backed away from the screen, fingers lacing through his hair. I was nearly shaking at the core as I just blankly stared at the computer screen. Out of all the years I would've killed to hear those words, I never would've imagined he'd say them to her.

"What?" Liam questioned, peeking his head up for the first time tonight over the back of the couch.

"He lied to us." Ian's face was turning a darker shade of red by the minute, so I took a couple steps away from him. "We paid him money, and he loved her all along. What a sneaky âss."

"What do we do now?" I asked, leaning back against the counter, trying to control my temper.

His usual calm eyes held a storm behind them as his head whipped around towards me. I knew he was beyond angry at this point, and there was nothing that I could do to calm him down.

"I have a plan, but first, I need you to do something for me."

"Whatever it is, I'll do it."

"You're on campus with them." Ian explained the obvious, so I just gave him a quick head nod to show him that I was listening. "If he really loves her, then he would still be with her."

"And?"

"Get me a photograph of them together."

"Just a picture?" I asked. Ian nodded his head in return. "Why do we need a photograph? Isn't that piece of the video enough evidence for us?"

"If we are about to follow through with this plan, then we need all of the evidence that we can get to justify our actions. The rules of the bet stated that he could no longer see her after he took her virginity."

"And if I catch them together?"

"Then we will make sure that she never want to see him again."

HELLO LOVELIES! This update took about a week, but it's finally out.

Now that Becky and Ian know that Cole loves Charlotte, it's all just a matter of time now...

Next update coming out soon! I apologize for doing this from Becky's POV, but it only made sense that neither Cole nor Charlotte would have been there when Becky and Ian found out the truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 25.4K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 55.1K 101
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
510K 7.7K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
4.3K 620 5
പ്രണയം അതൊരു വികാരം ആണ്... എന്നാൽ ആ പ്രണയം ഒരു School TAECHER നോട്‌ ആണെകിലോ??? 😚😉❤️ taekook 🐰❤️🐯