Laurence X Reader [editing]

By Lady_Jos

Y/n was just a normal gamer girl. Well normal until she met him. All characters belong to Aphmau. I also don'... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
11.
Chaper 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/n
New book!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Tagged... ;-;
PEOPLE WHO ARE ON IFUNNY READ THIS
Chapter 18
Sorry...
Oh shit waddup (read this bad boy)

10.

454 7 32
By Lady_Jos

Y/n finished up with her day and went home. It was already 8 pm so she was glad to be heading home. When she arrived at home, she checked her messages. Zvahl has messaged her.

Z: we haven't played in a while lol
Y: hah yeah
Y: just got home from work tho so you wanna do a raid with your friends?
Z: they're all doing stuff, I already asked
Z: strikes?
Y: you know it just lemme get changed first

Y/n ran upstairs and stripped off her uniform, putting on a t-shirt and comfy shorts. She ran back downstairs and started up her game.

After joining his fire team and putting on her headset, she realized his voice sounded really familiar. Sure, she has been on mic with him before, but he sounded like someone she knew.

Laurence thought the same thing.

"It's getting kinda late and I got work tomorrow," Y/n pointed out after hours of playing.

"What time is it for you?" Zvahl asked.

"1:23 am."

"Looks like we're in the same time zone," Zvahl chuckled. "I take it your interview went well?"

"Heh, no. I got a job at some maid café instead," she explained. "Today was my first day, actually."

"Huh, weird. I know a girl who also started working at a maid café today."

"Haha yeah that is a little weird. Anyway, I should really go to bed. Good night!"

"Yeah, good night."

Y/n turned off her Ps4 and trudged upstairs. Thoughts of Zvahl danced through her mind. He sounded familiar and they lived in the same time zone. There was a good chance she could actually know him. And not to mention the whole maid café ordeal. She had pieces to the puzzle, she just couldn't put it together.

Laurence stared at his ceiling. There was no way, right? But when (user) said she wasn't home to do a raid, Y/n was at Aphmau's. Y/n recently lost her job at King Soopers and (user) had an interview a week later. (User) and Y/n both started working at a maid café today. Now that I think about it, Y/n's voice sounds a lot like (user)'s. We're even in the same time zone!

Laurence stayed up for another hour just dwelling on the "coincidences".

Days had passed and finally, the group was going out to lunch together.

"Let's just carpool. You know, save the environment," Aphmau suggested. They weeded out who hated to drive: Aphmau, Kawaii~Chan, Katelyn, Dante, and Garroth. Aphmau invited Aaron, too, so it was Travis, Laurence, Aaron, and Y/n who offered to drive but they really only needed to take two cars.

"I think I'm the best driver here," Y/n flaunted. She really loved driving so you know.

"You got pulled over yesterday," Laurence pointed out. "Travis and Aaron can drive."

"Alright," Aaron said before leading a group consisting of Aphmau, Garroth, Katelyn, and Dante to his car.

Kawaii~Chan sat shotgun after Travis offered it to Y/n (she refused). He drove a smaller Jeep with the doors taken off so it was a good thing they only had four people or else the back seat would be a little squished.

Travis winked at Y/n from the rearview mirror. Y/n flipped him off in return.

"Feisty," he responded.

"Travis~Kun, stop flirting with Y/n~Sama. Kawaii~Chan ships Y/n~Sama and Laurence~Kun!" KC told him threateningly.

Laurence looked up from his phone and at Travis in his mirror, smirking.

"You ship your friends?" Y/n asked wearily.

"Of course! Kawaii~Chan ships all of her friends and it always works out!" KC cheered as she turned around in her seat.

"Example?" Y/n asked.

"Kawaii~Chan has shipped Aphmau~Senpai and Aaron~Kun since high school and they totally like each other now." Stars gathered in her eyes. "There's also people Y/n~Sama doesn't know that have worked out so Kawaii~Chan won't go on about them."

"I mean hey, it's better than being shipped with Travis." Y/n shrugged.

"Hey!" Travis whined.

"You're just not boyfriend material. Plus it's fun to mess with you," Y/n explained with a smile.

"Are you saying Laurence is boyfriend material?" He questioned.

"Yeah, kinda." Y/n laid her head on Laurence's shoulder. "See? He just goes with the flow. If I did this to you, you would be all over me."

"Yeah, that's fair," he responded, smirking a little. Y/n knew he was thinking of not appropriate things.

They arrived at the mall and made their way to the food court. Aphmau fell in step with Y/n behind the rest of the group.

"So, Travis, huh?" She teased. Y/n smiled and shook her head.

"No way. It's just fun to mess with him. He's totally meant for Katelyn, not me."

"You have to have the hots for someone though." They finally got their food and sat down at a very large booth. "We'll continue this later," Aphmau whispered before sitting across the table from her. Y/n managed to get stuck between Laurence and Kawaii~Chan, Travis sitting next to Aphmau. This'll be fun.

"Y/n," Aphmau said, breaking the silence. "We know almost nothing about you! Where did you grow up?"

This was an awful odd question but Y/n responded, "well, I grew up in northern Colorado, almost up in Wyoming, and my dad was a hick so sometimes I get that weird southern twang in my voice," she laughed. "What else is there to know? I mean I've worked at sonic and hooters, sadly, before I moved here."

Aphmau was about to ask another question but someone walked up to them. He had dark hair and teal eyes.

"Laurence Zvahl. How odd to see you here!" He greeted. Wait what.

"Gene," Laurence flatly replied.

"My favorite little kitten is here, too," he smiled devilishly. Aphmau lost her confident demeanor and shrunk back into the seat.

"Who's this? A new toy?" Gene picked up a lock of Y/n's hair, letting it slide through his thumb and pointer finger.

"Who the hell so you think you are?" She whipped around and brushed her hair behind her shoulders.

"Oh! And she bites too!" He leaned against the back of the booth, towards Y/n who had now pushed her back against the table. "Name's Gene. Yours?"

"None your damn business," Y/n snapped.

"I like your tone. I could always use a woman in need of taming, my dear Katherine."

"As much as I like your Shakespeare reference, you need to leave."

"I'll leave if I can get your number."

Y/n started to panic. Obviously being a bitch wasn't working. Looks like she had to pull out the big guns. "Listen, I was trying to spare your feelings, but I have a boyfriend."

Laurence's heart dropped a little.

"Oh yeah? Looks like he isn't around."

Y/n knew if she said Travis, it would work like a charm, but he wasn't sitting next to her so Gene probably wouldn't buy it. "You didn't hear? I'm Laurence's girlfriend." She pecked him on the cheek and he put his hand in the middle of her thigh.

"Oh yeah?" Gene smirked devilishly. "Why don't you two show everyone your love? Kiss her, Laurence."

Laurence just looked shocked but Y/n gritted her teeth and glared daggers at Gene. She turned, grabbed Laurence by the shirt, and planted one right on the lips.

Gene just looked utterly confused and soon enough left.

"EEEE SINCE WHEN ARE YOU TWO DATING!?" Aphmau squealed.

"About 10 seconds ago," Laurence said, his face ever so red.

"I am so sorry," Y/n apologized profusely. "He was just so smug and I couldn't let him win!"

Laurence turned the tables in his favor. "It's fine, just call me whenever you need a fake boyfriend." He smirked, now making Y/n's face red.

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 11.1K 30
Y/N L/N, a wanted killer. She has been a fugitive ever since she was 4. She has been a thief ever since, running away from the pain people have caus...
243K 5K 70
Y/n is a new student at Phoenix Drop High. Entering her freshman year and moving to a new school isn't perfect like a lot of people think it is. Espe...
3.7K 90 59
"How could you" I yelled as tears streamed down my face. "It isn't what it looks like she.." "WHAT SHE KISSED YOU, SHE THREW A LOVE POTION ON YOU, S...
3.7K 51 18
[DISCONTINUED] This story was written by a 13 yo girl who just wanted to be like one of those girls in a romance novel so don't be surprised if the c...