Innocence

Par chocolateluvaaxo

Emma Carter just moved into a new town thanks to her mum's new job. And a new town obviously leads to a new s... Plus

Innocence
chapter Two - because I Want to be
Chapter Three - Dress Shopping
chapter Five - New sides
Chapter Six - Dinner.
Chapter Seven - Dealing with Mr Bi-Polar
Chapter Eight - Lost Mouse
Chapter Nine - Surprise!
Chapter Ten - Lock Your Doors... And Windows.
Chapter Eleven - It's Magic.
Chapter Twelve - Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Thirteen - Business, Pleasure or Pain?
Chapter Fourteen - Aftermath & Injuries
Chapter Fifteen - First Date & Story Telling
Chapter Sixteen - Misery
Chapter Seventeen - Daddy Issues.
Chapter Eighteen - Reality.
Chapter Nineteen - Family.
Chapter Twenty - A Revelation and Graduation.
Epilo- Just kidding.
Epilogue

Chapter Four - The Dance - With A Special Guest.

128K 3.7K 1.6K
Par chocolateluvaaxo

Tyler didn't go to school the next day. And I didn't see James or Damien either. I started to stress about my dress and shoes for the dance which didn't help me when I got home and started cooking dinner for my mum and did my homework. The only good news I had received all day was that my little sister was coming back home from her camping trip.

Friday came and I went to school with a sick feeling in my stomach. What if Tyler didn't come today with the dress? I bit my lip as I squeezed myself through the crowd to get to my locker.

"HEY! HEY EMMA!" I heard someone call out. Everyone has stopped walking and were looking at the door with startled looks on their faces. Then they turned to me and I blushed.

"HEY BLONDIE! WE HABE YOUR STUFF FOR - JAMES YOU IDIOT! GIVE THEM TO ME SHE LIKES ME BETTER!" I know that was Damien from the nickname. my eyes widened in embarrassment as they both made their way towards me, grinning like nothing was wrong. I gulped and looked around to find everyone's pairs of eyes on us.

"Hey guys..." I trailed off, giving an uncomfortable smile.

"HI!" James grinned, then engulfed me in a bone crushing gig. "How are you Emma?" He asked once he pulled away.

"I'm good thank you. And you?" I asked.

He nodded enthusiastically. "I'M GREAT!"

I laughed. "That's good." I looked over at Damien who was grinning at me. "Greetings Blondie."

I laughed. "Hey Damien. How are you?"

"Excellent." He smirked, while impersonating Mr Burns from The Simpsons. I laughed and shook my head at his goofy smile. "Guys, I don't mean to be rude but do you have my dress and shoes? The dance is tonight!" I stressed.

"Oh! We almost forgot! Here you go!" James said, whole handing me the dead and Damien handed me the shoes. I guess they made the decision to share on their way to me.

"Oh thank you so much, you guys are awesome!" I smiled, and hugged them again.

"No problem. We weren't even coming to school but Tyler made us do we can give you the dress. Now we have to get back to the gan-" James let out a groan as Damien punched his stomach. "What was that for man?!" He exclaimed.

Damien gave him a pointed look before James ooohhh'd and nodded in understanding. I raised my eyebrow but didn't question it. Damien turned back to me. "Okay, we have to go now, but there's one more thing we have to clarify. Who do you like more; me," Damien started flexing his muscles and grinned, "Or dumbass over here?" He whacked James across the head who protested then glared at him.

"Aw come on. I can't choose between you two! You're both my favourite people in the whole world. How about that?" I tried.

They thought about it for a second. "Do you like us even better then you like Tyler?" James asked childishly. I started to blush. "Now where would you get an idea like that?"

"Well, I mean, don't you?" James asked.

"Uh..." I trailed off, embarrassed. "I mean, sure I like him... He's a nice guy... Sometimes."

"But we're better, of course." Damien said smugly. James grinned and agreed then they both said goodbye to me and walked straight back out of the doors they came from. I sighed and decided to close my locker then, and that made me realize that everyone was still staring at me.

"Friends." I smiled nervously, trying to sound casual, before scurrying off to class.

*

"I still can't believe you have a poster of the guy from tangled. He's cartoon!" Alice exclaimed, examining the poser of Flynn Rider on my wall.

"If the male frog is heterozygous dominant, then the offspring must have its-"

"Emma! Look up! You only have one question left, do it when I'm done with your eye liner!" Katie whined.

"Hmm?" I said, while writing down the answer to the last biology question. I sighed happily. I got all my homework done in time.

"Never mind." Katie muttered, concentrating on my eyes.

"Okay, your hair is officially finished!" Amanda squealed from beside me.

"Oh wow, that looks amazing Amanda." Alice murmured.

"Let me see!" Kelly squealed, jumping off my bed. "Wow, that looks really good." Kelly sounded hypnotized and I laughed.

Katie got up and smiled. "Makeup's done as well! Let me see the hair!" Katie squealed, her reaction was an exact replica of Kelly's.

"Can I see it please?"

"Oh! Yeah! Okay close your eyes so you can see the final result in your mirror." Amanda said. I nodded and shut my eyes as they led me to the side of the room where my full length mirror was and opened my eyes.

But I didn't see myself in the reflection. I saw a girl with blonde curls tumbling gracefully over her shoulder. She had light pink lipstick on and her green eyes popped out from the eye makeup that was applied around them.

I had no words from how stunned I was. Then I remembered what Alice said about my poster earlier. "His real name is Eugene and he's a nice guy." I murmured, still looking at my reflection. The dress looked even better with my hair and makeup and I admired my shoes once more before I heard laughter from behind me.

"You're a but early, Em." Alice said, still laughing. I flushed from embarrassment as the laughter died down. "Thank you so much guys I look amazing because of you."

"It was nothing. Come on, we're all done! Let's go!" Katie squealed happily. We all nodded and grabbed our clutches to take with us. While the girls mostly stored their makeup and utensils in their bags, mine had pepper spray, antiseptic wipes, and a band aid in case another emergency occurred.

"Oh you girls look amazing!" My mum gushed. There was a chorus of thank you before my mum smiled. "Where's my daughter?" She asked with a frown.

"Um, mum, I'm right here..." I trailed off, doing a little wave to show her that I was standing right in front of her. Her grey eyes widened in shock before she pulled me into a hug. "I didn't even recognize you honey! You look incredible! You girls are fantastic at this. I think I'll call you the next time I have a dance." She winked at them and I started blushing from her bad 'Mum joke'. "Okay mum, we're going now." I pulled away from her and she nodded.

"Okay, remember what I said - No boys! Oh! And your sister came back about 5 minutes ago! She wanted to go say hi to you but I td her not to disturb you so she's in her room putting her pajamas on."

"Oh! I have to go say hi! Do you guys mind?" I turned to the girls and they all shook their heads. "We'll wait for you outside so you can have your moment with her." Amanda smiled. I nodded and ran to Courtney's room.

"Courtney!" I exclaimed, and ran in to give her a hug.

She gasped and a wide grin spread across her face. "EMMA! HI! I missed you so much!" She said, hugging me back. I laughed and pulled away. "How was camp Court?"

"It was so fun! We went swimming and rock climbing and even fishing! Oh, my tooth came out; you know the one that I told you was wiggling? See!" She pointed at the gap between her front tooth and her fang and grinned.

"Oh would you look at that, it did! The tooth fairy was late this time, wasn't she?" Courtney started frowning and nodded. "She's three days late! I'm giving her two more days. Or I'm never taking a tooth out again." She said stubbornly. I laughed and ruffled her blonde curls. "Give her a chance. She can't fly all the way to camp! She only visits homes! Do you still have your tooth?"

"Yup! It's right there!" She pointed to her bedside table where the small tooth lay on a tissue.

"Well that's good. Make sure to put it under your pillow tonight! I have to go now but I'll see you when I get back, okay?" I pulled her in for another hug and she nodded on my shoulder.

"You look like a princess, Emma. I wish I looked like you," Courtney pouted.

"Aw, thank you sweetie. Well, it's your birthday in two months! When you turn 7, you'll be even more beautiful then you already are." I kissed her cheek and fixed her pajama collar before saying goodbye and leaving to go to the dance.

*

"Emma, may I have this dance?" Daniel asked, bowing down and smirking. Everyone at the table started to laugh and he stuck his hand out for me to take it. I got up and curtsied, playing along with a grin.

Once we started dancing, I decided to speak up. "Do you like Amanda?"

He looked taken back for a moment before he laughed. "Uh, yes? Of course I do she's my friend."

"Oh, no. I didn't mean it in that way. I meant do you have a crush on her? If you don't want to speak about it, it's fine. I don't want to be rude and -"

"How did you know?" He asked, cutting me off.

A grin spread across my face. I knew it! "Oh, I don't know, you guys just connect whenever you two talk to each other and stuff. I think you two would be really cute together. Why don't you ask her to dance the next time?"

"Don't you want to dance with me?" He frowned.

"No, no! I didn't say that! You're a very good dancer! I was just saying-" He cut me off again with a laugh. "Relax Emma, I was kidding." He chuckled and I frowned and elbowed him. "Don't trick me!"

"You're so gullible; it's so fun to - what." Daniel stopped dancing, which made me stop, and that's when I noticed everyone else had stopped as well. The only thing that was making any form of noise was the music playing. Everyone was looking at the entrance of the gym, so i turned around to find Tyler, James and Damien standing there. They hadn't bothered to dress up for the occasion - still turning up in leather jackets and dark jeans. James had attempted by having a bow tie hanging around his neck.

"What are they doing here?"

"They never come to these things!"

"Do you think it's for the new girl?"

"HEY BLONDIE!" I heard Damien scream over the whispers. Everyone turned their heads to me and, just like this morning, I stood wide eyed and mortified. I waved in their direction before turning back to Daniel. "Cover me now." I murmured. he chuckled and spun me around so his frame covered my flushed face.

"Looks like you have a little fan club. And they're the most popular guys here too. Good on you Em." He winked, chuckling.

Thankfully, they didn't walk this way, but I was curious to see what Tyler was doing. I looked over Daniel's shoulder and found them all walking to a table right near the door.

"Hmmm." I thought out loud. Daniel raised his eyebrows at me in question and I smiled and shrugged in return as the song ended.

I snuck another secret glance over at him to find him glaring at everyone and everything his eyes landed on. He still looked incredible - even with the pink and green balloons surrounding him - with his jaw clenched, the messy hair, the leather jacket, the defined chest and those stone grey eyes that showed no emotion, I still felt myself getting weak at the knees.

"I knew he'd come!" Alice squealed once we got back to the table.

"Who?" I asked in confusion, looking back at the entrance to see if anyone else had arrived.

"Tyler! He came for you!" Alice grinned.

My jaw dropped as my face turned into a tomato. "No he didn't! Maybe he's just trying to... Um... Participate in school activities!"

Everyone looked at me with straight faces before bursting into a loud fit of laughter.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"If that's what you want to believe Emma." Kelly said.

"Yeah, I mean, he didn't just have his whole high school life to do it." Katie shrugged.

"Oh, didn't he? Why when did he start school?" I asked, confused again. If Tyler was new, he sure knew how to climb up the social ladder quickly.

Everyone started laughing again and my confusion increased. "What are you all laughing at?!" I exclaimed.

"She was being sarcastic!" Amanda said between giggles.

"Oh." I blushed, looking away.

"Hey Emma, um, do you want to dance?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and found a cute guy with light brown eyes and shaggy brown hair smiling at me.

"Um, I would love too but I don't really know you..." I trailed off with a weak, uncomfortable smile.

"Oh, I forgot. I'm Hayden. It's nice to finally meet you." He smirked. "May I have this dance?" he asked again.

I laughed and looked back at The table. Everyone grinned and nodded in his direction and I turned back and nodded. "Sure." I smiled, following him to the dance floor.

"Wow, you're even hotter up close." Hayden commented once we got to the centre and started to dance. Chasing the Sun by The Wanted was playing and I grinned at his comment, mostly because I loved the song.

"Thank you." I said, starting to dance more.

He laughed. "Wow, you love to dance." He stated, giving me a pointed look.

I laughed and blushed. "Not really, I just love this song!" I said over the music.

"Oh, that explains it. Well, we're on the same page then!" He shouted back, then started doing bizarre dance moves, making me laugh.

The song ended and a slow song came on. "You don't mind dancing with me again, do you?" He asked.

"No not at all. You're cool." I smiled. He grinned and wrapped an arm around my waist. I stiffened from the contact, and Hayden noticed, but didn't question it. "So, where did you come from?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"Oh, well I'm from Australia but we moved here when I was about 13. I've kind of been all over the place so yeah. I'm probably just going to he here temporarily as well." I shrugged.

"Oh. Well, Thats cool. You came from Australia? Isnt it all outback ad kangaroos?" He asked.

I laughed softly and shook my head. "Don't I wish. Australia is just like here. You have your big cities, then you have your forests and stuff. There's really no difference! Anyway, what's your story?" I smiled, changing the subject.

"Oh, well I'm on the soccer team, my parents divorced when I was 16 and -"

"Move." I heard someone growl from behind me. I immediately knew it was Tyler.

Hayden looked taken back for a moment. Shock, surprise and admiration were clear on his features. "Uh," He said before clearing his throat. "Oh, I didn't know we were in your way. Sorry." Hayden said, moving over a little and dragging me along with him.

"No." Tyler's jaw clenched and his glare was not friendly. "Move away from her. We're going to dance."

I frowned at his behavior before speaking up. "Is it okay if you wait a bit? I mean, I don't want to be rude-"

"No! No, he can dance with you. Um, I have to go anyway and um, eat some food... It was nice speaking with you Emma!" Hayden said, giving me a half smile and casting a nervous glance at Tyler.

I turned back to him and smiled. "Yeah, you too Hayden." I did a small wave and turned back to Tyler.

"That was rude!"

"Shut up." He growled, before awkwardly stepping closer to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. I didn't stiffen at his touch, unlike anybody else, but he was as stiff as an ice cube as he tried to dance. I looked up to find his jaw clenched and a small tint of red appearing on his cheeks and I laughed softly.

"Relax, you can't dance if you're that stiff." I put my arms on his shoulders to try and get him to relax. The tensed muscles began to die down and all was left was the rock hard body that was making me flush.

"So..." I trailed off. "You don't usually come to these things, do you? Why now?" I asked.

"Because I want to." Came his gruff response.

"Oh. Well I hope you're enjoying yourself." I smiled. We lapsed into a comfortable silence again for a while.

"You look beautiful tonight." I heard him mutter suddenly.

My eyebrows raised in surprise at the sudden comment and I blushed furiously. "Thank you. So do you." I murmured, looking up at him. I found him looking up down at me with a small smile appearing on his face. His eyes looked softer now and I smiled at him.

His jaw un clenched and the rest of his body relaxed as he pulled me closer to him and swayed side to side.

I rested my head on his chest, liking the peace of the moment, and breathed in his muscular scent.

I smiled to myself, and then, it was over. The song ended. Tyler pulled away, tense again, and gave me one hard stare. "Don't dance with any other guys." He said icily, then walked out of the dance, slamming the door violently behind him.

I stood in the middle of the dance floor with my jaw hanging open, still trying to process what just happened. What the hell ?!

******

Okay, so I really wanted this to be a good chapter, but it was really really really rushed thanks to a very persistent friend - or should I say devil's assistant - who wanted to have this chapter up as part of the deal we made. Yes Sehammmm, I'm talking about you -.-

Really sorry about the poor quality about the chapter :( I wasn't even home most of the time, seriously, I literally wrote most of this at Mac Donald's and a bit at the shops (When I was stalking the love of my life) So yeah. I'll make it up to you guys though! Next chapter will (hopefully) be much better!

Hugs and kisses! Haha jokes. Yeah bye :)

Comment, Vote, Fan!

Elham.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.9K 302 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
Another Bad Boy Story Par Jude

Roman pour Adolescents

85.6K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...
17.6K 785 39
(Final Edits underway. Chapters and some of the story will be changing!) Emma Walker was the new girl in a small town. She was shy, small, and had n...