Strange Ones: Volume 3

By Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... More

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Chara's Awakening

25 1 0
By Diamondheart37

Alphys nervously paced back and forth in front of the Secret Room, waiting for Asgore or one or more of her allies to come to the Delta Base. She couldn't even believe that after five months, someone like Chara would finally wake up from her coma. With her was Winter and the one-eyed fish-like Monster Undyne, both of them watching as the lizard walked back and forth. Alphys had already told the other people remaining in the base that their current subject has awoken after so long. For Winter, she just had to be a part of it.

"Alphys," Winter began. "Don't you think that you are overreacting just a little bit?"

"Oh, come on, Schnee." Undyne rolled her eyes. "Cut the girl some slack. Besides, none of us expected that this would happen out of the blue. She's already contacted Asgore about it."

In response, Winter just shook her head at the fish and looked at the yellow lizard again. "Alphys, just calm down. Someone will be here soon."

"How can I calm down?!" Alphys explained, stopping her pacing to look at the specialist from Atlas. "This is so all of the sudden! I don't know what to do, Winter! What should I do?!"

"Alphys!" A voice called across the hallways.

When Alphys, Undyne and Winter turned their heads, they could see Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa, Nona and Michael running to them through the hallway. Meanwhile, the lizard in a lab coat sighed in relief, knowing that Asgore sent only a few to the Delta Base after her report.

"Oh, thank goodness you are here!" Alphys exclaimed.

"Alphys, what happened?" Nona asked.

"Did someone hack into Zane's mainframe again?!" Ren said.

"Okay, why is everyone Youth Member here assuming that some guy hacked into Zane?" Clarissa rolled her eyes and massaged the bridge of her nose.

"Uh, well..." Alphys let out a wince. "You guys might want to look for yourselves..."

The six young humans looked at the lizard with raised eyebrows. Then, they noticed her gesture at the Secret Room. The humans slowly approached the door and Alex grabbed the doorknob and twisted it until it was fully opened. When they carefully walked in, they all could see Jesse, Jane, Lukas, Zane and Pixal surrounding the bed holding Chara, who was rubbing her right eye with her hand. The group began to approach and Alphys watched them nervously in the meantime. When Chara stopped rubbing her eyes, she looked up and let out a gasp when she saw the humans.

"Uh, Chara?" Alex said. "Are you okay?"

"W-What's going on?" The girl's voice was full of fear and confusion. "Where am I? Who are you people?!"

Everyone in the room was stunned. How come Chara didn't recognize any of the people she had fought against before?

"You..." Clarissa said. "You don't remember possessing me?"

"You don't remember successfully kidnapping me and Clarissa?" Alex said.

"You don't remember almost killing me?" Jonas said.

"Or do you just don't remember anything at all?" Ren asked with a shrug.

"No..." Chara shook her head. "Everything is...blank. I don't know you people. I don't remember anything. Not even myself."

Meanwhile, Jesse shook his head and sighed. "Just as I thought. It had to be amnesia."

"Who would've thought that a kid like this one could lose herself after months of sleeping?" Lukas was confused.

"Lukas," Jane gave her husband a stoic look. "It is very easy to get amnesia. Anyone can get it."

"Young one," Zane said, getting Chara's attention. "Do you at least know something about yourself?"

"My name is Chara and I'm a Strange One." The girl said.

"Which one are you?" Pixal asked.

"Um, Mimic. That's all I know about myself." She placed a hand on top of her head. "I can't recall what happened to me and the rest of my past. But since you all seem to know who I am, do you think you have all of the answers I need?"

"Unfortunately, no." Alphys walked into the room. "We only have a little amount from a few friends of ours."

Chara blinked her dark red eyes. "Can you take me to them?"

"Sorry, sweetie." Jane said, putting a hand on the young girl's head. "You have to stay here for a while. There are still some things we have to do with you."

"What's that?" The tone in her voice turned nervous.

"We have to check your soul's state."

"My soul...?"

"It's a little difficult to put in words." Jesse scratched the back of his head. "All we could do later is give you a demonstration."

"Later?" Chara raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Everyone in Delta is currently watching the Strange Games. I mean, my wife and a few of our friends are demonstrating the US!" He put on a grin. "Speaking of, I gotta go back to the cafeteria because that's where everyone here is watching it live!"

Soon, Jesse ran out of the room so he can continue watching the Strange Games. Meanwhile, Jane rolled her eyes and she and Lukas ran out of the room to follow him. The only people who were left in there were Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa, Nona, Michael, Zane, Pixal and Alphys. Then, Undyne and Winter came in, and they immediately got Chara's attention. That was when she began to whimper in surprise.

"It's okay." Nona said, being as soothing as she can. "Those two are friends."

With that, Chara calmed down and looked at each person in the room that surrounded her. "How long have I been sleeping?"

"Uh," Ren winced. "Five months."

"That long?" The girl's eyes widen, and everyone gave her a nod.

"Surprising, huh?" Undyne crossed her arms and leaned on a nearby wall. 

"I have been sleeping for five months and I can't remember anything." Chara looked down. "I can't even believe it."

"It is a shocker to see anyone who wakes up with no memory of themselves." Zane said, nodding in agreement. "Prolonged comas and memory loss is common to humans, yes. But no one has ever thought of a Strange One like yourself to have such a thing."

"How do you know that?" Clarissa raised an eyebrow.

"It is simple, really." Pixal began to explain. "A Strange One's soul wields one's power. But not only does it hold that, but it also holds one's memories as well. So, whatever Frisk did to Chara when we were still on Strange Island during the Dark One's invasion, she must have used up most of her soul's energy to break her weapon, which I theorize has been connected to her soul for quite some time. Since that knife was in Chara's grasp, it must have stripped her of her original personality."

"In other words, that knife erased every piece of information about herself?" Jonas asked.

"And when Frisk broke that knife, her memories are lost forever?" Alex added.

"Something like that, yes." Pixal nodded.

"And how long will we keep her here?" Michael gave Chara a raised eyebrow.

"May I suggest that we keep this poor girl in this room until the Strange Games subside." Winter said. "During our time here, we will have to make sure that her soul is safe and find the reason of her current condition."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Undyne shook both her hands and gave the Atlas specialist a confused look with the only eye she has. "Since when were you the one in charge, Schnee?"

"Undyne," Alphys said. "I'm completely ashamed to admit it, but I'm afraid Winter is right. After all, Chara just woke up after five months and there may be a chance that her soul is vulnerable after what happened to her."

The whole room fell into silence once again. Nobody knew what to say in response until Undyne nodded in agreement. Then, she turned around and made her way to the door that gave her access to the hallway. After that, Alphys nodded in agreement.

"Now, with that settled," The lizard turned to look at Zane and Pixal. "Pixal, Zane, you two take good care of our patient until the day ends." Then, she looked at the six humans in the room. "As for you guys, you can go back to the coliseum now."

"And thus begins our journey to the coliseum and back again." Ren sighed.

"Ren," Clarissa replied, putting both her hands together and pointing them at him. "Shut up."

Soon, the six humans left the room and began to make their way back to Strange Coliseum. Then, Alphys walked out, letting out a sigh and readjusting her glasses. The room was empty and full of silence with Pixal, Zane and Chara remaining. The girl just looked at the door that was closed, then looked down again.

Frisk... Chara began to think. Frisk... That name, it sounds so...familiar somehow.

"Are you alright, young one?" Zane said, getting her attention.

"Do any of you know someone that goes by the name of Frisk?" She asked.

"We do." Pixal nodded. "But she is not here right now. She and her family is at Strange Coliseum watching the Strange Games."

"When do I get to meet her?"

"Soon. Right now, you have to rest."

Chara watched as both androids walked up to the door and opened it so they can leave the room. After their departure, the robot couple was gone and she was now alone. Chara looked down again. She was still thinking about Frisk. She was already beginning to wonder if she is the key to remembering her past. The problem was that she was someplace else. Somewhere far away from the Delta Base. The young girl sighed and shook her head, doubting herself... No! Chara can't give up yet! She just woke up with nothing about herself. She looked at the door and finally made her decision: she was going to Strange Coliseum for Frisk, who she hoped has all of the answers she seeked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 441 31
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...
89.8K 4.4K 62
The Schools for Good and Evil had finally united, and with unification, came new staff. Y/N is the first new teacher the school had seen in over fiv...
139 7 19
Content warning: this story contains themes of suicide and child abuse/neglect. Read with caution. Your mental health is more important than a silly...
The Shadow By

Fanfiction

15K 243 10
*Note that in this au Izuku was at the scene when All Might originally fought All for One. All for One gave All Might a fatal wound which killed the...