The Malevolent Bond

By keyleehargis

He's the most horrid, audacious Alpha known. His name sends chills down wolves' spines. With a horrible past... More

Before You Read
Prologue
Chapter One|| A Little Training Never Hurt Nobody
Chapter Two|| What Were You Thinking?
Chapter Four|| New Era
Chapter Five|| A Coven
Chapter Six|| Haunted
Chapter Seven|| Enough
Chapter Eight|| Who was he
Chapter Nine|| Information
Chapter Ten|| Looking over your shoulder
Chapter Eleven|| Memories
Chapter Twelve|| Dinner
Chapter Thirteen|| Shopping with Evan
Chapter Fourteen|| Fear
Chapter Fifteen|| Trust me
Chapter Sixteen|| Research
Chapter Seventeen|| Fury
Chapter Eighteen|| The box
Chapter Nineteen|| Guilt
Chapter Twenty|| Figuring it out
Chapter Twenty-One|| Alara's Side
Chapter Twenty-Two|| Walkers
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Practice
Chapter Twenty-Four|| The groove
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Anger
Chapter Twenty-Six|| Powerful
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| The Ball
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| The Goddess
Chapter Thirty|| A night to ourselves
Chapter Thirty-One|| A call upon her
Chapter Thirty-Two|| A talk
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Pain
Chapter Thirty-Six|| You're okay?
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| EVAN
Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Announcing
Epilogue

Chapter Three|| Talk to me

40.6K 1.8K 141
By keyleehargis

{Alara's POV}

"You can't be with a wolf you're a witch!" Alec yelled as I ran from his wrath that was soon to happen.

I panted trying to make my way to my Aunt. My brother had just gotten home from a meeting with a coven when he discovered the news of my new mate.

I yelped as a force hit me from behind knocking me to the ground. I was pinned beneath my brother in seconds as he held my arms above my head.

"How could you betray your own kind?!" he yelled.

"I did no such thing!" I yelled back.

"You're choosing a wolf over your coven! You're choosing him over me!"

"I just found out, Alec! I haven't even had a minute to process the whole situation! Would you get off me?!" I struggled beneath him.

I didn't understand why he was taking this so hard. I get he was my brother and the thought of his sister leaving was upsetting and yes we sometimes despised the wolf kind, but what was causing all this outrageous behavior?

"Enough!" my Aunt's voice yelled and in seconds my brother flew away from me and rolled across the ground with a groan.

"Get yourself up." my Aunt said hovering over me.

I groaned taking the hand she held out and pulled myself up, dusting the dirt and grass off me.

"What is going on here?" she demanded.

"Alec is going insane!" I yelled, even though it was something we all knew for years.

"She is leaving us."

"She is not doing anything yet, Alec. Stop this nonsense. Just because she happened to be mated to the alpha says nothing. If anything you should be happy for her. This could be a new life for her."

"Happy for her?" he scoffed. "She's slumming it with a wolf...I'm anything but happy."

I gritted my teeth taking a step towards him when my Aunt put her arm in front of me stopping the movement. "Both of you, knock it off right this instant. What would your mother think of this?" she asked and my heart clenched at the thought of her.

"I don't know, Alec, what would she think?" I growled out and he rolled his eyes.

Bastard killed his own mother and doesn't even care.

"It was an accident, how many times do I have to say it?!" he nearly yelled.

"Because it wasn't! You're a greedy little-" my Aunt covered my mouth before any other words could come out and make him even madder.

"Dinner is in an hour, both be cleaned up and ready. Any more words from either of you and you're grounded. Understood?"

Neither of us replied as we stared one another down. "Understood?!" she yelled causing us both to flinch.

"Yes ma'am." we muttered.

When she made her way back into the house I saw a smart glint of that evil rage in his eyes. "You're going to regret this. If you leave with him...I'll take something you'll both want away." he growled out marching off towards the house.

Take what exactly?

I gasped sitting up for air as my heart was beating rapidly. That familiar distortion started to happen with my vision and my breathing became harsh. Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't do anything but grasp the sheets around me as the panic attack became a full on episode.

A sob ripped through me at the face that I tried so hard to bury from my past resurfaced in my dreams. Memories I wished I could forget.

"Alara." A voice called but it was too distant and I started to become lightheaded.

"Alara!" I felt myself shaking and hands suddenly grasped the sides of my cheeks.

"Look at me, A." the voice commanded. "Deep breaths."

I slowly started to listen as everything came back into focus and a worried Evan stared at me. He had turned me sideways so he could kneel in front of me as he tried to get through to me.

"What's wrong, A? You haven't had an episode like that in a long time." he stated.

I swallowed trying to figure out a way to tell him what's been keeping me up lately.

"I saw him." I croaked out.

"Who?"

"Alec, my brother, I saw him." Another sob ripped through me and Evan moved to take the spot next to me on the bed and hesitantly pulled me to his side as if he didn't know how to act around me anymore.

"What do you mean?"

"The day I went to help Octavia and Mason out with their mole problem. I looked into their beta's mind and...I saw Alec. I finally managed to bury him from my past than all of a sudden he just reappeared."

"But he's..."

"Dead. I know, I think it was a shifter and I still haven't been able to find them, but ever since then, I've just been seeing him. In dreams and nightmares. It's all being drug back up and I can't take it, Evan, I can't relive it." I sobbed out.

"It's okay, A."

"Not it's not! You know what he did to me! What he did to us! What h-he took." What I so desperately wanted.

"And I told you that it doesn't matter."

"It does to me," I spoke softly and utterly worn out. "I'll never be able to have children because of him. He took everything from me. My mother, my family, even my unborn children. I thought that maybe I could get past that point in my life but I can't. My whole life seems to be going downhill. I just want to be happy for once." I shook my head and looked down at my hands trying to hold back more tears.

"Look at me, A." I didn't.

"Look at me, baby, please." he spoke and my heart jolted a little. That was the first time I've heard that nickname in years.

He slowly brought his hand under my chin to lift it up so I would look at him.

"I know I haven't been the best lately. I know I've pushed you away and I haven't been pulling my weight around here, but you have to remember I went through a lot and to get back into an everyday routine like this and without it feeling like a dream, it's going to take some time. But I want you to know that we don't need a baby to be happy. We have each other and that's all that matters. Us, together."

The words brought me some comfort, but the didn't make up for the yearning in my chest that will probably never go away.

"He's still winning. Even six feet under, the bastard is still winning." I stated and Evan shook his head.

"No...he's not. He thought he would be, but we're still together and frankly, that was the last thing he wanted. Love goes a long way, baby girl, and he didn't seem to understand that." I finally started to see the old Evan I loved coming back to me and I prayed that the Goddess will continue to bring him back.

"Let's get you back to bed, you need to sleep. I'll be right here." I nodded at him and slowly laid back down as he got back into bed beside me and pulled me to his chest.

Maybe...just maybe we can get through this.

Hopefully, he just won't shut me out again. 

________________________________________________

AWE EVAN COMFORTED HER

maybe the old Evan is still under that shell after all. ;)

So you got to see more about her brother and...you'll need to pay attention to these flashbacks in order for things to fall into place and to make sense, okay?

And I know that most of you are going to love what I have to say next...

Alec Lavender is played by...

Misha Collins :)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 41.2K 38
Rumours have it that a certain rogue has managed to create a small pack of rogues. Of course, they're only rumours... right? Within the rogue communi...
17.7K 845 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...
98.9K 2.8K 49
(Highest ranking #1 in lust 💗💗💗) A man walked towards my mate as he called out to her. "Who's that" I whispered. "Oh that ..... that would be my h...
226K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...