Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 4-

68.9K 1.6K 115
By repswiftly

-Isabelle Quinn-

We were speeding so fast that the houses, lamp-posts and people looked all blurred and fuzzy. I felt sick and there was a lump at the back of my throat. I didn’t know how fast he was going, but I knew for sure that he was well over the limit.

We skidded onto a busy road and jerk stopped at a red light, so close to hitting the vehicle in front. I flew forwards then back down, thank god the belt was there to save my life. I breathed fast and my eyes darted all around and fell on the insane driver that I should not have accompanied in this car.

“Please, can you slow down. I think I’m gonna throw up” I can feel the sick in my throat and I use all my will power to keep it down.

“I can’t!” he snaps. My eyes widen at his frustration, I think I’ll keep quiet for the rest of the way, but where were we actually going? I was too afraid to ask so I sit in awkward silence when the lights change from red to amber and instantly to green. We zoom off again.

-Nathan Blake-

I looked over at her, just quick glances and her face was green. She looked quite pale too. I was worrying her, but I had to get home. My mother had never sounded so scared in her life, her voice shook on the other end of the line.

I made a quick swerve and Isabelle gave a high yelp and grabbed onto the edge of the seat. She frantically waved her hands and nearly smacked me in the jaw again.

“What?” I asked, and moments later she managed to say. “Roll the window down.”

As soon as I did, she threw her head out and wretches. I turn my head away in disgust, it’s an unpleasant sight and sound. I just hope to god her sick isn’t all over the outside of my car. I look at her and wince, she wretches again and I try patting her on the back in a comforting manner. Her hair flaps wildly in the wind when finally her head is back inside the window, her hair is sticking up everywhere.

“We’re nearly there” I reassure her, but she has a vacant expression on her face. I knew for a fact she’d throw up again.

***

The gates fly open and I drive in. The circular fountain coming into view. I drive around it and stop in front of the doors. I don’t wait for anyone to open my car door but I run out and up the stairs. I remember that I’d bought a visitor and watch her stare at the house. She was new to this.

-Isabelle Quinn-

I honestly must have been dreaming. The house I looked at was huge, with number of expensive cars sitting outside complimenting the house nicely. The fountain sprayed water so elegantly that the sound of trickling water was so soothing. The huge wooden doors open and I’m blinded by the light from the vast hallway. I’d never been in this neighbourhood before, and because I was busy vomiting I probably didn’t realise us coming here.

I walk up to the porch and Nathan is impatiently staring at me.

“Are you coming or not?” He asks and runs off. I follow him to see many maids surround him, talking to him, explaining something. He eagerly proceeds up the spiral stairs. The Blake’s really went all out, it was a beautiful, almost like an enchanted castle, the lights on the wall shone brightly, not to mention the tremendous chandelier hanging from the high ceiling.

Nathan disappeared at the top of the stairs and I followed him quickly. I appeared onto the landing and tried keeping up with the tall, very fast man. I was out of breath and clutched the side on my stomach, I had an aching stitch. He stopped running, finally. This guy was so fit he could run a marathon. We were outside a dimly lit room. I could only see two people. A man in a bed and a woman, closely by his side.

“Father” Nathan gasped and ran in, joining his mother by the side of the bed. I awkwardly walk in a few steps, pulling my dress a little and trying to look presentable.

“He’s not well, dear.” His mum said and held onto her husbands hand. I couldn’t have picked a worse time to trip over my own feet and stumble against the door.

Great, all eyes on me.

“Who’s this?” Mr.Blake’s voice was hoarse and tired. I give my best smile and walk closer.

“Isabelle, sir. Isabelle Quinn.” I answer politely.

He looks to his son, and gives a nod. Agreeing to something, maybe? But they seem to understand something, I didn’t.

“Come here, Isabelle.” He called. I wondered for a moment, but this guy was on his death bed, so I had to obey. I kneeled down next to him on the opposite side of his son and wife.

“You go to Rosehill Academy?” He asked so quietly, that I had lean in closer to hear.

“Yes, sir.”

“Your grades…your principle showed me, they’re astonishing. You’re a hard worker.” 

I smiled at him, because his lips curled into a weak grin.

“I try my best, sir.”

“Good,” he turned to address his son. “She will do. And Nathaniel, I know I won’t make it through the night-“

“Don’t say that!” gasped Mrs. Blake but went silent when Mr. Blake feebly put his hand up. I shuffled nervously.

“Cancer has beaten people all the time. What can we do? Nathan, the whole business will be handed to you. It’s in my will. Alison and Thomas will help you. I trust you. I might not have shown it, but I was always proud of you.” he said, his voice growing more quiet with every word.

I could see tears forming in Nathan’s eye. He looked so helpless and grasped onto his father hand. I choked on a silent sob. I was always a crier and seeing people cry automatically set my tears off. Now, I was uncontrollably sobbing while watching tears stream down Nathan’s red face.

“Isabelle,” I tore my eyes away from him and looked upon the man close to death. His voice was growing more silent, I don’t know how he had it in him to talk. “You’ll make a fine daughter-in-law.”

My tear stained face caught Nathan’s, and he was equally as shocked.

-Nathan Blake-

His eyes went blank, all life from them, gone. He’d talked to her with his last breath. Isabelle looked shaken up as I was. My mother sobbed into her hands and me, well, I couldn’t breathe either. I let go from his lifeless hand, I stood up, grabbing my mother by the shoulders.

“Maids, please take her to her room.” I called, my voice croaked from lack of use and a dozen people came to escort my mother away. I went over to Isabelle, who was still on her knees, just looking at my dad. She was probably finding it hard to take it all in.

“Isabelle,” my voice was shaking, on the verge of crying. I grabbed her arm and she stood up. I pulled her along and out of the room, but she stumbled. I shut the door behind me and Isabelle wiped her tears away.

“I’m sorry, I-“ she was trying to speak, but choked on every word.

“Don’t be, I’m sorry that the last thing he said was…” I stopped, she understood and we locked eyes.

“He wants you to marry me” she said half between a laugh and a sob.

“This is my fault, from this morning. I have all the time in the world now to fin-“

“But that was a dying man’s wish. And we have to make it come true.” she looked up, her face serious but sad.

I didn’t quite understand at first, but I began to put the picture together. My father’s final wish was for me to marry Isabelle, and it was up to us, to make sure we did exactly that.

“What are you trying to say?” I ask but she only leans in closer, her breathing rapid.

“I think we have to get married.”

____________________________________________________________________________

That was chapter 4! Things will start to get serious now! And I want to thank everyone who has read it so far and left comments! Thank you so much!

P.S. I've decided to change to cast! I think Nathan would be better as Alex Pettyfer than Chris Hemsworth!  I think Chris is a little too old for this story.

Also I want to thank _savannahsbiotch_ for the awesome character banner at the side :D

Thanks xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 76 43
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -Neil Gaiman The...
180 27 20
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
398K 9.3K 16
Kole Asher the good looking soon to be prince of Botnia has to choose his wife soon. On a whim he runs into a girl on the street, he thinks she's bea...