Kidnapped, Unfortunately

By Ilikebigboooks

Hayley was a freshman at NYU, following her dreams. Sure she was broke and currently living off of ramen nood... More

Part One
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Part Two
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Part Three
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifity Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Epilogue
Thanks For Reading!!
Bonus Chapters: The Date Part 1
Bonus Chapters: The Date Part 2
Bonus Chapters: The Date Part 3

Chapter Fifty Three

2.3K 191 35
By Ilikebigboooks

"When is she gonna wake up? I'm getting bored."

"Shut up, Jacob! You could be the least bit sensitive, she's had a rough day."

"Yeah, shut up, Jacob!"

"You didn't even hear what I said!"

"Your point?"

"Carson! They're bullying me!"

"Quiet, Jacob, Carson is concentrating."

"On what? It's not like his intense staring is gonna do anything."

"Well, what would you do if Aileen was passed out?"

"Jump for joy?"

"Jerk!"

"Ouch! That hurt!"

"Don't be a baby, all I did was swat you."

"Well, maybe if-"

"Shut up! She's moving."

My hand twitched.

"Darn it! You got my hopes up."

"I wasn't wrong, she WAS moving."

"You know what else is about to move? My middle fing-"

"Wait, there it is again!"

My other hand twitched.

"Well that was climatic."

"At least it's something."

"I'm getting bored."

"You know what else is boring? Your fa-"

"Wait, now she's moving again!"

Both hands twitched.

"That's it. I'm going to get some lunch. You guys want anything-"

Suddenly, I jerked upright and my eyes burst open, making everyone gasp and Jacob trip backward into the laundry basket.

Black dots clouded my vision for a second, but soon cleared, leaving me perfectly able to see the shock on my friend's faces.

Aileen and Camille were standing in the doorway, their eyes wide with relief, Jacob was struggling inside the basket, and Carson... where was Carson?

I looked to my left and saw him leaning against the wall next to the open window, his arms crossed and his face impassive.

"Morning, Sunshine!" Aileen sang.

Camille elbowed her in the ribs.

I brought my fingers up to touch the gash on my forehead, surprised to discover a think bandage covering the wound.

Then I looked at Carson.

His eyes were searching my face intently, trying to see if I was right.

Camille cleared her throat, "You know, I think I left the iron on."

"I think I left the iron on too," Aileen agreed, catching her drift.

Jacob, who had just finished climbing out of the laundry basket, looked confused. "You guys are such idiots, I can't believe you both-"

"Let's go," Aileen said, pushing him towards the door.

Right before they got out though, he paused and exclaimed, "Wait a second- we don't even have an iron!"

Aileen gave an exasperated sigh and finally shoved him out, Camille closing the door behind them.

That was weird.

After the door shut, Carson raised his eyebrows at me and said, referring to my injury, "At least you have a cool story?"

This brought a laugh to my face and relief seemed to break out into his face.

He pushed away from the wall and came over to crouch next to the bed as I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"Does it hurt?" He asked tenderly, brushing hair away from the bandage.

I shook my head. "Not much. It's just kind of a dull aching."

He frowned. "I hope you don't have a concussion. I'll have to call in my cousin to check you out."

"Doctor?"

He shook his head. "No, he just has a thing for injured girls."

"Haha!" I laughed harder, wincing as the pain in my head increased.

"Sorry," He said, watching me. "No more jokes."

"It's ok, jokes are what I need," I told him. "So... what happened? I just remember talking to Jacob's grandma and..."

I trailed off as it hit me.

We were "mates".

God, I didn't even plan on getting married.

He watched as my face slowly fell, and his eyebrows creased together. "What's wrong?"

I pursed my lips. "So... is there anything you want to tell me?"

He paused. "Not really."

"Anything about... love?"

He thought for a second Then sighed heavily. "Ok fine. I dated a girl in highschool, but she turned out to be a satanist. How did you find out about that, did Jacob tell you?"

My eyes widened, "What?"

He paused. "Wait, was that not what you were talking about?"

"N-no," I stammered, still thinking about what he had just said. "I was talking about us being mates!"

"Oooooh," He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeahhhh."

I raised my eyebrows expectantly, waiting for him to elaborate.

He didn't say anything.

"So, is it true?" I pressed.

"Umm..." He trailed off. "Yeah?"

Oh God.

I immediately started to freak out.

"No, nonononono!" I exclaimed, my hearting raving. "I can't be your mate- I'm not ready for this type of commitment! Heck, it took three years of dating for me to let John even kiss me!"

"It's fine it's- Wait a second. Who is John?"

"I can't do this! I'm not ready!" I continued. "Why didn't you tell me!?"

"Because I knew you'd freak out like this!" He responded. "And dont change the subject, I want to know who John is!"

"Freak out? Freak out?!" I took in a heaving breath, "I AM COMPLETELY CALM!!!"

There was a pause.

"... I can see that..." Carson said, subtly inching away.

His attempts to get away suddenly made me realize how crazy I was being, and I took a deep breath.

"Tell more more about what this means," I requested lowly, calming a bit.

He looked up at the ceiling, considering what to tell me. "Well, I'm a werewolf right? Well, we live in groups, called packs. Mine is here in this neighborhood. It's pretty small, and very close. Jacob's brother is the leader, the Alpha, and mine is the second, the Beta."

"So you guys like the Greek alphabet," I noted.

He gave me a pointed look, telling me to shut up, and continued.

"One day Jacob and I will take their positions. Since we are werewolves, we have soulmates, which we refer to as mates. And you're mine. I crossed paths with you one day and realized it. And the rest is history."

"So that's why you kidnapped me," I mused. "Well, you sure know how to get all the girls, huh?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier."

"I just need some time," I said, my brain still spinning.

"I have one more thing to say though," He said.

Then, Carson sat on the bed next to me and looked me deep into the eyes.

"I know what I did was wrong, so I just want you to know that if you want to, you can leave."

I gasped. I can leave?

This changes everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 585 28
*this was my first book ever so there is cringe+gaps in the plot, you have been warned😅* "Honey, this is going to sound crazy, but are town is full...
34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
1.5M 58.7K 56
"Soulmate? Fated pair??" Eli scoffed, "There is no such anymore." "They exist!" "Not anymore. Because that's our punishment for choosing to live free...