Half Archangel Half God [Siri...

By DecemberNightshade

Abigail Lokidottir. Yup, you read that right, Lokidottir. Daughter to the God of Mischief and Lies himself, s... More

Lorian, Abigail!
Metting Sirius Black
Gryffindor!
James is Salty™
Accidental Prank War
The War Is On, Boys!
Oh, Can It, You Turd.
A Lovely Visit From Uncle Thor
Transfiguration Class
Charms Class
Visiting Heaven
They Were Heading Towards the Forest...
Do You Even Need To Ask?
Jamsie
Christmas and Gifties
Relaxation and Illusions
What Are You?
So you lied to me? To us?
She's an angel. She can take care of herself.
Christmas of Seventh Year
Meeting Loki and Azrael
Look How Far You've Fallen.
Duels
Burrito of Blankets
Order of the Phoenix
The Calm Before the Storm
Meeting The Enemy of Sunglasses
The Night Everything Changed

Potions Class

1.3K 31 2
By DecemberNightshade

The three of them entered the potions classroom, surveying the room. Sirius and Peter grabbed an empty table while Abigail walked over to Lily with a kind smile on her face. "Hey, Lils." She said softly, putting her bag down and sitting in the chair.

"Hey, Abby! Listen, I never really got the chance to thank you." Abigail was momentarily confused, but then remembered what had happened yesterday. Some Slytherin second year had called her a mudblood, and Abigail had hexed the shit out of him until he finally said he was sorry. Miraculously, she wasn't caught. It was actually quite the feat.

"Oh, it was no problem, really. But, if anyone else thinks they can push you around, you come to me, alright? I will gladly hex anyone who dares to disrespect my friends." Abigail said with a lopsided grin. The two chatted about a few different things - Christmas break, which was coming up, the Hogsmeade trip two days before the break, and a big test that was next week - until James came in and walked over to join Sirius and Peter.

"Hello, Lily, Abby," Severus said from behind them, giving the two a nod before sitting down beside Lily. A few more students filed in before Professor Slughorn finally started the lesson. Apparently, they were making Amortentia, a highly potent love potion that would smell like whatever, or whoever, you liked.

It was a pretty simple potion, it just needed crushed Ashwinder eggshells, rose thorns, peppermint, powdered moonstone, and pearl dust. As usual, the ingredients were set out before them, and all that they needed to do was measure them. The three each had their own cauldron, so as Professor Slughorn told everyone to get started on the potion, Abigail flipped open her potions book, running her finger over the ingredient measurements before getting started.

First off, she took a few pieces of the eggshells and weighed them in her hand before nodding and dropping them into the mortar and pestle. She tapped the pestle with her wand, watching as it floated over the mortar and began crushing the eggshells before she turned back to the book. Next, she slipped one of the roses out of the small bouquet tied together with twine and placed it on the desk before her, taking a gold and emerald butterfly knife from inside her robes and expertly twirling it around between her fingers.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow at her as Abigail started cutting the thorns off of the stem.

"I grew up around weapons. This is nothing." She dropped the thorns into the mortar, grinding them up along with the eggshells. "You should see me with a double bladed sword..." She muttered, looking into the mortar to assess the powderiness of the thorns and shells before pouring it into the cauldron. Waving her wand over it, it filled with water and a flame burst to life underneath it.

"You actually have a sword?"

"I have a whole arsenal. There's like sixty different types of swords, and that's not even counting the hundreds of throwing knives and battle-axes." The liquid in the cauldron started bubbling as it turned a silvery sky blue color. That's how she knew that it was ready to sprinkle in a pinch of powdered moonstone from a small vial into it. The mixture started to take on a bright pink color as she took a few pearls from a small bowl and dropped them, along with three peppermint leaves before grinding them up again with the pestle.

"Who are your parents? Are they, like, advanced Aurors or something?" Severus asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Or something..." She responded, pressing her lips into a thin line as she poured the peppermint and pearl dust into the cauldron. It turned a bright shade of red with silvery pink accenting the potion. "Professor Slughorn? I finished." Abigail announced, raising a hand with a proud smile.

"Oh, excellent!" He walked over to her, looking down at the potion before taking a whiff of it. "Ah, perfect! Write down what you smell, and discuss with your group what you think it means!" He said with a smile before walking away to help another student.

She sniffed at the potion, raising her eyebrow at the smell. "Huh..." She whispered to herself, taking out a sheet of parchment to start writing. It smelled like fire whiskey and cigarettes, maybe a hint of leather? And dogs? She took another sniff, trying to decipher the mass of smells that were entering her nose in waves. A strong scent of metal and sword polisher suddenly filled her nostrils, making her remember her large Weaponry room. She smiled slightly, writing the last two bits down before turning to Lily and Severus - who had just finished writing everything down as well.

"Alright, Abigail, you start."

"Uhm, ok, so I got fire whiskey, cigarettes, leather, dogs - though I'm pretty sure I've never met a dog in my life - metal, and sword polisher." She said, turning to look at Lily.

"Well, I got the smell of parchment, velvet, broom polisher," Abigail internally chuckled at that - Severus certainly didn't use broom polisher, but she knew a certain Marauder with glasses who plays as the Gryffindor chaser who does - and glanced back at James as Lily continued, "and vanilla frosting." Lily finished with a small smile, turning to face Severus.

"I smell mint, chocolate, roses, strawberries, pumpkin, and gingerbread." Abigail struggled to keep her laughter in - gods, Severus was hopelessly in love with Lily. Lily uses chocolate and mint body wash - Abigail smells it every time Lily exits the shower - and she also uses rose and strawberry scented shampoo for her hair.

"Ooh, nice combination," Abigail said, wiggling her eyebrows at Sev, who rolled his eyes and scowled at her. She chuckled as Lily looked at her in confusion. Lily was oblivious as shit.

The three started writing down what they thought the different things meant. She glanced back at Sirius before smirking, beginning to write. Sirius drank a lot of Fire Whiskey whenever he went to Hogsmeade, and he periodically smoked. He also wore a leather jacket on the weekends, and she always thought he looked pretty good in it...The dogs, though, she had absolutely no idea. Maybe it was supposed to mean that she liked wolves? Yeah, that's probably it, though it doesn't really have the familiar musky scent of the wild...more like a domestic golden retriever or something. And the metal and polish were obviously because of her love of swords.

When she was finally finished with the paragraph, she drew a small wolf on the bottom of her page and tapped it with her wand. It came to life, silently howling towards the top of the page. She wrote a little 'Hi!' above it, in fancy cursive writing before it disappeared along with the wolf. She looked back at Sirius, seeing him raise an eyebrow and look up at her, smiling before he started writing on his page. The wolf appeared back on her parchment, a message reading 'Hello! How'd ya get this to happen?' appearing above the wolf.

She wrote 'Just draw something and tap it with your want while thinking Vivus' before the wolf bounded off of her page. She waited a few moments for his reply, but the little wolf came back with no message. Thirty seconds later, however, a black retriever with a bushy tail and a thin snout walked onto the page. She grinned, watching as the wolf and dog started playful fighting each other before looking back to Sirius with a smile. Abigail drew a little heart above the two animals, watching as a stag suddenly walked onto the page along with a rat and another, larger wolf. She knew the stag was probably James, and the rat was most likely Peter, so that meant the other wolf was Remus. She could tell Sirius had drawn it - it looked similar to the dog he drew.

Abigail smirked slightly, drawing a little doe that was a bit shorter than the Stag, watching as the doe walked over to the stag and rubbed their two necks together. She wrote everyone's names above each animal before she tapped the page with her wand and pointed over at Sirius. All the animals left the page, appearing on Sirius' parchment. She heard Sirius start laughing, and when she looked back, she could see James blushing heavily. Abigail chuckled as well, turning back to Professor Slughorn as he started to explain the uses of this potion.

Around ten minutes later, the class ended as the professor gave them a ten-inch essay that was due on Monday next week. She stood up, holding her notebook in her hand before tapping her wand to it, watching as the six animals walked onto the page and froze, her wolf and Sirius' dog standing particularly close to each other with their noses brushing, the stag and doe smiling at each other, and the larger wolf and rat standing on either side of the group. Above the six animals was a small heart with a feathered wing on each side. She smiled at the drawing, tucking the notebook back into her robes as she packed everything up.

"James loved the doe," Sirius said as he walked to stand next to her. She chuckled, saying goodbye to Lily before following the Marauders out of the classroom.

"Did he, now? Well, I thought the two were adorable." She said with a grin, watching as James rolled his eyes. "And, by the way, I didn't know any of you were drawers."

"I taught them all. You should've seen James' drawings before, they were terrifying." Sirius said, earning a bark of laughter from Abigail.

"Hey! My drawings were perfectly fine, Padfoot!" James argued, glaring back at his friend as they all turned the corner. Their next class was Charms. Apparently, Professor Flitwick has a fun lesson planned.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, mate." Peter and Abigail laughed along with Sirius as the four entered the classroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 2K 110
Juliette Potter is finally at Hogwarts with her favourite person in the world, her brother! They have been together since the start of the time and n...
14.9K 194 53
Layla Black,Daughter of Sirius Black. Layla didn't know who her father was for long. But she won't know until a few years into going to Hogwarts. She...
123 15 9
Estelle Riddle was never supposed to be born. She was like a dirty little secret that once it was released it would reak havoc on the world. Being th...
Ophelia By R.J.L

Fanfiction

86 12 11
****DISCONTINUED**** A girl who you think you know by her beautiful but intimidating appearance but you really do not at all. She could be the death...