Consequences of a Royally Arr...

By suckerforfictions

Marriage is an agreement between two people who love each other, in Aisha's case the above does not apply to... More

1952
Chapter 2- the school slut
chapter 3- royal madness
Chapter 4- bombshell
Chapter 5- Missing prince
chapter 6- proposition
Chapter 7- please welcome...
Chapter 8- Rule Payton
Chapter 9- two can play this game
chapter 10- thunder and lightning
Chapter 11- Royal Anniversary Ball
Chapter 12- keep your enemies close, but your friends even...closer.
Chapter 13- birthday!
chapter 14-house party
Chapter 15- Trust
Chapter 16- Broken
Chapter 17- the holiday (PART 1)
Chapter 18- The holiday (PART 2)
Chapter 29- Righting My Wrongs
Chapter 20- Karter
Chapter 21- Aisha
Chapter 22- Letting Go
Chapter 23- Kim Possible
Chapter 24- Grandma!
Chapter 25- The Trial
Chapter 27- The Coronation.
Chapter 28-Step Down
EPILOGUE

Chapter 26- Patience Is A Virtue

5K 163 7
By suckerforfictions

UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED

I'm asking do i have silent readers out there? Please speak out, speak uo. Tell me what you think of this story.

send me a msg if you find mistakes please and sorry if you do

ENJOY!!

AISHA

6 months later

We were doing fine.

In life when someone gives you lemon you make lemon drizzle cake and stuff your face in the calories and all that saying.

Karter and I

Me and Karter.

The king and queen told us we could call if we needed anything. I could hear how distressed they were when they spoke to us every week on the phone but it got better when they realised we were doing fine. It put the queen’s mind at ease we had each other. They came to visit one time and the queen nearly broke down in tears at the injustice but the king merely reassured her that the truth will eventually prevail.

Patience is a virtue

We struggled to found our ground, the place we stayed in was miniature compared to the palace but I loved it still. It was our own cosy place free of drama. We had the occasional stupid argument on who placed what where but we always ended up making up.

Sometimes I watched Karter with ache in my heart on what could have been but knew there was no point dwelling on the matter. But it still sickens me I couldn’t be a good wife and give him back his world.

But he always makes me happy by telling me I'm his world and he was content with what we had and he wouldn’t swap it for anything else.

It amazes me how much of a clean freak Karter was in comparison to myself. He was borderline OCD but I was glad because watching him work up a sweat after cleaning so much made it worthwhile.

I taught Karter how to cook but also learnt how to cook his favourite foods. Overall we were happy and we were adjusting.

I was even taking online courses while Karter worked as a part time trainer at the gym.

Even though we had money I didn't want to take advantage of this and aimlessly abuse it. That one was our very last resort. The end of the end basically but I was glad at the end of the night we came home to each other, holding each other through the stress of the day. In some ways I felt like we were a normal couple.

Everything was going alright until that knock on the door.

Karter picked me up throwing me on the sofa and I squealed like a fan girl using the 'manklace' as he likes to call it which has to be possibly the least macho thing ever aside from the necklace it's self to pull him down to me.

"If only I didn't love you this much. I wonder where you would be." He grinned sitting on my stomach, I felt all the air escape my lungs and I tried hard to push him off. He simply waved me off, quickly switching our position so I was cradled in his lap.

He kissed me softly, slowly unbuttoning my green blouse.

"No Karter, not now. Please." I tried to stop him as he continued working his lips on my skin, igniting my passion

"Karter." My breath was becoming rasp and sneaky son of a gun knew he had me where he wanted me.

"This isn’t the time, I could end up-" He didn't wait for me to finish and continued taking off my clothes but I was so glad when the doorbell went off.

"Ignore it." He growled but it was so hard to do with the constant buzzing.

"We can't." I climbed off him straightening out blouse.

"I swear if it's unimportant I'm killing the pendejo!" I rolled my eyes pulling open the door.

My eyes roamed the figure in front of me.

"Rule?" I almost didn't recognise him with the hat and jacket he was wearing. I'm guessing he was trying to keep a disguise because his expression was panicky. Pulling him in, I hugged him before he could respond smiling, I have surely missed by best friend but he didn't put his arm around him. It sat rigidly next to him.

"I need to speak to both of you." He said walking towards Karter, he hesitated, pacing slightly.

"Erm, how do I go about this?" Rule looked between us and started crying, his shoulder sagging, He slowly kneeled in front of Karter pulling at him. Karter looked at me in bewilderment. Rule wiped his face, his eyes red and ugly.

"I've done you wrong, I really have." Rule whimpered only.

"What do you mean?" he was confusing me; he wouldn't even meet our eyes. Rule took of his hat, facing Karter. Since when did Rule die his hair I thought, he sure looked identical to Adam now. I waited silently desperately trying to catch on to what was going on. Karter's face shifted from confusion to horror as he must have figured out what Rule was trying to say because in less than a second he lunged at Rule in rage, holding him in a choke hold on the floor. He punched him first time and I gasped holding my mouth as he repeatedly did so, cursing him in Spanish as well.

"You bastard!"

"Karter, stop!" I screamed watching the blood fly out of Rule's nose. Karter turned to me wanting to deliver another punch but he caught how animalistic he looked in the mirror and jumped off Rule. He stormed to the door opening it.

"Get out and never come back."

“What’s going on?” they ignored me while I still there like an idiot trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"Please Adam needs you." That stopped Karter.

"Was he in on this too?!"

"What's going on?" I asked still lost.

"Why don't you ask Adam, sorry my bad Rule." Karter said defeated still standing by the door.  "Go."

"Karter, please. The coronation has been moved to two weeks please. You have to help Adam he could die. Please."

"No! I'm not. Leave us alone. One foot in that place and I'm dead. This could be a trap, a trap to finally kill me." I rushed over to Rule holding a tissue to his red nose.

"Don't touch him Aisha!" Karter bellowed making us both step apart. When I moved closer to Rule again, Karter rushed over dragging me to him.

"Stay away from me and my wife." Karter's tone was dangerously volatile. I could sense he was being upmost serious. I snatched myself from him.

"What is going on?" Karter grimaced looking at Rule them me.

"That's rule not Adam." I gave him a duh look because he was staying the obvious.

"It was never Adam all those times. You bastard. It had always been you." I processed what Karter just said looking at Rule whose eyes stayed glue to the beige floor. I slumped onto the chair, lost for words. My voice box felt like it had no capacity for words as I looked disappointed at my so called best friend.

"Rule is this true?" I wanted to cry, I didn't want to believe it, judging by his whole stature, I knew Karter wasn't lying.

"But why?"

"Don't ask him that. Get out."

"My mother she forced me, said I would be her favourite if I did."

"You were jealous? Of your own brother?" Karter kissed his teeth in annoyance.

"Yes I was. Whatever I did was never good enough. It wasn't the same for Adam. She loved him unconditionally but me she hardly ever showed me love. I get bruised, I get beaten and Adam will forever remain free." I stroked Rule’s hairashe broke down further. "But I can't, not anymore. Adam is the only one I have left and I have to help him."

"But how?"

"Aisha." Karter warned but I ignored him.

"I don't know."

"Karter may be banished but I'm not."

"No, no and no. You will not go back there." Karter growled at Rule and I smacked his chest but he was being a typical male by squaring up to him.

"I said my wife will not go back there. How am I so sure you are not setting us up because we are vulnerable and you might take my wife kindness as being gullible but I will kill you if anything happens to her." I was touched my Karter's genuine overprotective side but I needed to help Adam; I knew Rule was telling the truth. It was my job now to persuade Karter and that was going to be tough.

"Please Karter. He is telling the truth. You know now that Adam would have never betrayed you, you need to help him because he is like the brother you never had and you know if you ever need help,he would help you in a heartbeat. Yes you are angry and you are sketchy and cautious but what if Rule is telling the truth and Adam is in danger? I feel like Rule is telling the truth in fact I know. I told you something felt off with ‘Adam’ the times I spoke to him." I stepped closer barely any space between us, touching his chest. His eyes began to soften and I knew he was still wary but when he groaned looking away, I knew it had gotten to him.

"So where is he wherever you claim he is?" Rule looked away in embarrassment.

"Rule?" He beckoned again.

"Under the house."

"When you mean under the house you mean in his bedroom or..." Rule confirmed what Karter needed to know and that unleashed a whole new demon within him and he lunged at Rule yet again. I heard the piercing scream and without a doubt knew Rule had most likely broken something.

"The dungeons are the cruellest place for criminals, the torture methods are beyond imaginable brutal to human nature and sanity. That is why they were banned and never to be used but are still there like a reminder of what happened." I could see it in Karter's face, he was about to 'hulk' "YOU LEFT HIM IN THE DUNGEONS TO DIE! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR OWN BLOOD?" By the way my husband was shaking; I knew he was finding it hard to control the tears that were spilling as well as his anger. Karter wiped his face, storming out of the house. For the first time I looked at Rule in disgust.

"I know you hate me and I would never ask for his forgiveness but I did what I had to do. You don’t understand how ruthless my mother is. You don't know what she is capable of. I used to secretly hate Adam, envy him until I realised it wasn't his fault he was mum's favourite but then again he was the only person who was ever fully nice to me and that was when the guilt started eating at my insides and I just couldn't do it anymore." He began walking to the door. "I'll be in touch through a guy named Marco, he doesn't live far from here and Karter does know him. I don’t want to raise any suspicions. So I'll go. Thanks Aisha. I don’t expect you to understand but to only sympathise with me and just maybe then you would understand." He gave a small smile before leaving; I understood the feeling too well. Everything you do, you always feel like you will never good enough, you stand, you’re not standing high enough, you sit you’re not sitting well enough, you smile, you’re not smiling wide enough. There’s no pleasing human being, no matter how hard you try some people would never be satisfied even if it’s your absolute best. I think Rule gets it now, the only person who didn’t ask much of him is Adam and the guilt is eating him alive. He deserves it but at the same time it’s Rule, so sweet and kind. What possessed his mother to take his kindness as a weakness and manipulate her son like this? A psychotic mother, that’s who.

Before I could collapse on the sofa in exhaustion, I heard my phone beeped, signalling it was a text from Karter.

I won't be back till morning, I'll explain everything tomorrow don't wait up.

Love you

You’re Prince

I smiled, closing my eyes, hoping to dear God Karter does choose to believe Rule because even right now my mind is constantly worrying for Adam's safety.

‘The dungeons are the cruellest place for criminals, the torture methods are beyond imaginable brutal to human nature and sanity. That is why they were banned and never to be used but are still there like a reminder of what happened’ replayed in my mind and I shuddered.

I just hope Karter doesn't do something stupid.

KARTER

"Uncle Karter!" My niece jumped into my arms and I laughed finally looking up at my sister.

"What are you doing here?" She left the door open gesturing for me to come in.

"I came to talk to you, I need your help." she laughed turning off the TV.

"If it is to do with recent events then no." she stood up abruptly going towards the kitchen and I followed her.

"Ple-"

"Nonono, Karter do you know how lucky you are to get out, I know it sounds awful but I am glad they banished you, why? Because it was dangerous for you and Helen has had it in for the queen for years but none of you saw the signs and I saw it. I tried to warn the queen but she dismissed the ideas and I will not allow the same thing to happen to you Karter. I forbid it. Let them have the crown that is what she wanted and she's got it but she will soon learn the cost because Helen herself knows she would be a fool to act like a tyrant on a throne." I huffed feeling defeated, my sister was solid when to came to decisions when she says no its no. I didn’t want to believe Rule, I had a bad feeling about this but if Adam was in danger I needed to do my part unless I would regret it.

"But please consider I need you to do this for me, please." Francesca rolled her eyes.

"Karter, honestly why do you think I moved out here? To get away from the drama. This has been a long time coming. I hope your intentions are clean only to help out Adam, that is it and not to get pulled in again." she said sincerely.

 "Cesca." I started to answer honestly. "My intentions were a mixture of everything, from wanting to help Adam, to wanting the throne back to its rightful owner, to wanting my old life back. I miss it all of it.”

It was hard at first especially every time I spoke to Major and Louis, this affected them to, I could tell but they believed me and that's all I honestly cared about but I had Aisha and without the royal after a while, this alternative life seems normal, I almost felt complete, I could start afresh. I already had a job that I loved and although it was tiring I felt self fulfilment. I felt like a couple you watch in the movies where the husband comes home and the wife is waiting on him and when they see each other, their love explode all over again because they hadn't seen each other all day. I want that but I can't do it with everything that happened trailing behind me like a bad smell.

 “You have to understand, I have to clear my name, I have to help Adam, and I need to knock Helen down. It's the only way sis.” Francesca rolled her eyes again.

"Whatever I've said my part." I wasn’t letting this go and I went after her.

"Why don't you stop running away from your problems?" She stopped slowly turning towards me.

"You don't know anything Karter! So don't you dare!"

"I don't get it; I'm still trying to get it. You woke up one day, denounced your title, took ebony and moved half way around the country and I am still trying not to push you for answers to why you ran, why you left. So what you got pregnant and you had Ebony and had to pretend she wasn’t yours? Am I just meant to continually ignore the fact you did. If you want to continue running that's fine but me I want to face my problems I will do it whether you help me or not!"

"You don't understand Karter! I was tired of lying. Ebony is my daughter. Do you know how hard it was to pretend she wasn’t mine, like I didn’t carry her for nine months, watching the queen parade her like she was adopted when in fact she was mine! Yes my daughter and I love her. I was foolish for thinking everything would go back to normal if I pretended she wasn’t. Ebony made me complete, she was a piece of me.

You see if it had been you that made a mistake and got a girl pregnant, it would be bad at first but they would have found a way to make it look like good publicity, you taking responsibility of the child, you feeding your child, smiling with your child and all that bull but me, I made one mistake Karter." I hadn't meant to make my sister cry and it broke me into pieces watching her slide onto floor in despair. "Don't come closer. Let me finish. I made one mistake, I was young and naive and I got pregnant and I would rather die than have my daughter pay for it. I would rather die than watch people call my child a royal bastard. This may be 21st century but discrimination still exists. I did what I had to do for her and I'm happy, Karter we are happy."

"We-"

"I'm home baby!" a voice shouted and ebony jumped into a man's arms screaming daddy. The man clocked us and looked between Cesca and me, and then he smiled.

"Who are you?" I growled as Cesca pulled arm.

"Stop it Karter."

"Who is he?" I was furious and I didn't even know why. It was starting to show how much the cords of family were wearing thin between my sister and me. I knew nothing.

"This is Luke."

"You look familiar." Luke looked around nervously rubbing the back of his neck, his face turning bright red. My brain recognised the face and I had to clench my fist before I did something I regret.

"You have got to be kidding me. I wondered why he quit. I wondered why one of my personal bodyguards quit when in reality he ran away with my sister. You are Ebony's father. You are the dead weight of a pan who didn't take responsibility and wasn't there when you needed to be. A guard really? A guard Francesca." I said bitterly.

"Karter sit down you look faint." This was too much information to take in one day. I snatched my hands away leaning on the wall.

"Stop giving me that look please." Cesca pleaded.

"What look?" My voice box must have died somehow, I could barely utter a word.

"The look of disgust not you too."

"I know this isn't how-"

"You think?" I pushed him out of my face.

"Look I love Cesca, I have always done, I never chose for this to happen. I could have come out and say I was the father in public and it would have been stupid thing to do, but in private I accepted my responsibility. Do you think I or your sister would have been shown any mercy at all? Cesca and Ebony would have been treated like trash because she fell in love with a guard and they had a child together and I would have lost my job and I have sister and mother to care for. I'm so glad Cesca understood. I did what I had to do ok and you may think it's not man enough or selfish but seriously think how this would have played out." he was right. " I was willing to stay out of the limelight for both of us for her but I couldn’t just let them leave, I love her. It was our one chance to be a family and finally be the parents we wanted to be." They stared sickly at each other and yes I could hate on them for something out of their control. I know some of my work mates sometimes say I have that look on my face when I look at Aisha and I would be dammed if I let Aisha go. Ever.

It was dreadful to think my sister couldn't fall in love like I could with anyone because she was a female. They either had to have status or money. The world is an effed up place where everyone is picky about every little thing. I swear human race have no one to blame for their own happiness other than themselves. Before Aisha I knew I was spoilt and of course since I was a prince I had everything but I felt so unhappy and Lucia did make me happy she didn’t know how it felt, but the moment I married Aisha we were in the same boat, we both didn’t want what we were given, we were both young and eventually we learnt to depend on each other and fell in love. The guilt still killed me some times of what I put her through how I cheapened her like the dirt underneath my shoe but yet she was the one that stayed with me during our worst times. She loved me despite my faults, she loved me even though we were worlds apart, and she loved me for me which shows that we only need little things to make us happy, not expensive clothing or jewellery. Aisha’s happiness made me feel like the luckiest man in the world, the day she ever looks me in the eye and says she was sad with me that would be the day I know I have gone wrong as a man and as a husband and I know from the bottom of my heart that day will never exist because I live for my wife’s happiness.

"I want to hate you but I can't. So unfortunately welcome to our family." He laughed kissing my sister.

"Save that for the bedroom." Francesca swatted me and it almost seems like old time.

"So you finally came?" Luke said

"Huh?"

"Your sister didn't think you would." I was still confused.

"Why is that?"

"Because I wanted you to have a normal life." Luke released my sister and Cesca held him back.

"We had a promise love if he came I have to show him and whatever he did with the info was his." I swear they are forgetting I'm in the room with the way they are holding each other’s gaze.

"Don't want to break your stars in your eyes moment but what the hell are you going on about?"

"Come with me." I followed him to a high tech kind of room as he placed himself in the spinning chair.

"As you know, I was one of your guards but also a security tech for the palace. So while I was still working, I stumbled on this. We have cameras in the dungeons also, every single perimeter is covered, you know for extra security. Although we aren't allowed to copy info unless it is important, so it's good I copied this. I didn’t inquire on it until Helen came in asking to destroy the video, that's when I knew something was wrong. So I told Cesca. Watch." He typed a couple of things on the computer and silhouette of Helen and another.

'"I want that throne! I want it for Adam. It should be him not that bastard son of theirs." Helen sounded so bitter; it made me fear her capability.

"Why?"

"Because I should have been the one that married the king! I may have been adopted but I was first, then her."

"There was nothing you could have done. It was love at first sight."

"Whose side are you on?" Helen spat.

"Answer me!" The voice hesitated and Helen took out something, pointing it towards the figure.

"Don't be irrational Helen. I never said I wasn't in your side. I-I was just trying to point out-" Helen positioned the gun downwards.

"Good think it through; I would hate to have to kill you Donald. I do need your help immensely."

"What do you need?"

"Help infiltrating Karter. We need to turn the people against their beloved son. Then we strike. It's not going to be easy but I'm willing to wait as long as possible." The figure agreed walking away.

"What the hell? We could have exposed her for treason and she would have been in prison now!" I glared angrily at my sister who was leaning on the door frame.

"Do what you want with the information Karter, but like I said that is my old life and I want no part in it. As Cruella De Vil Helen is she wouldn't kill you, she is way too smart for that. She would rather you and the parents suffer." She put both hands on my shoulder forcing me to look at her. "You need to start thinking smart Karter. You need to think about your next move. You can't just dive in head first without a jump start and you need help people you can trust." I nodded.

"We'll help." Luke said and it was Cesca's turn to glare at him.

"So what's the plan?" Luke asked curiously. I haven't thoroughly thought it through but I want it to be at the coronation, it was the only way to expose Helen for the world to see.

"We need inside help, first. I need that tape thing two, we need Adam as a witness and four I need all the help I can get. We need to work fast. Two weeks is all we have." I was panicking once the throne was passed to Helen or Rule, my life would be over. Helen could easily have the power to eliminate me or even kill me. I never thought of it at all. Just because we were banished doesn't mean I was safe, no matter how much I tried to justify it. The only way to stay safe was to bring Helen down.

"I can definitely help you with the first, I’m sure Terrence would be willing to help." I listed all the people I could trust that would be eager to help in my head (Major, Louis, Luke, Cesca, Aisha, Terrence even Rule) when my phone rang.

"Hello its Marco Craig."

"It good to hear from you."

"Rule called and told me what happened with Adam." he sighed deeply. "Let's get straight to the talk. He didn't come out and say it but I believe he said I may be of use to you regarding his mother." Marco was Adam’s best friend and the son of a famous PI. I guess it seems befitting to talk through Marco. He was just as good as his father. This would be the perfect opportunity to gather more evidence.

"Marco can you do me a favour? I want you to find out everything you can about my aunt. Everything. I want every piece of detail, anyone she associated with, some guy names Donald, and everything." I'm starting to see what Cesca said. Instead of panicking before the count case, I could have had PI on the job to screw Helen over. I knew the king did as well but there wasn't enough time. I'm guessing Rule knew something and wanted me to find out without telling me.

"That easy but how are we going to break Adam out. I believe he is the only one that can testify against his mother."

"Get me the blueprint layout of the palace there must be a way through the dungeon than the usual route. We have two weeks before the coronation unless my fate and Adam’s fate is sealed " We concluded our talk and my veins were pumping with adrenaline. If this all goes to plan, if we can do this, everything fully foolproof, I could have my old life back in two weeks. The thought kept me going as I sped dialled major and Louis on a three way call.

"Guys I have a plan and I need your help..."

Now I just have to get everyone together and everyone in on this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608 34 12
VIHAAN SINGH RANAWAT The biggest billionaire of Asia,and king of the dark world..he doesn't has any space for love in his life, has a loving family...
378K 12.2K 52
#1 in random (15 Oct 2016) #96 in Romance (1 April 2017) #86 in Romance (25 April 2017) #82 in Romance (13 may 2017) #77 in Romance (29 may 2017) #30...
452K 24.5K 103
For the people to feel the Royalty of the blood in their veins doesn't mean that they are ruling their kingdom, or they have some Kingdom. Their lin...
603K 20K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...