Wattpad Pet Peeves

EchoSagal

ahahaa pretentious posts ahead its bad and im afraid it gets worse im really sorry for putting you througgh t... Еще

Note
Wattpad Allergies
PTSD and Trauma In Novels
PSA: THE GREAT ADULTEROUS SIN /1
7 REASONS I HATE YOUR LOVE TRIANGLE
Tragic Backstories
Snow White Retelling, Stop Looking into the damn mirror.
you are a genius
what's with coffee and coffee shops
dammit wattpad!
Stop
Truthfully
Look we have diversity!
Bad Boy Names
positive for once
whatshisface lachowski
unique spelling ≠ originality
Wattpad's biggest mystery solved.
i am concerned
discussion and review: hirunaka no ryuusei
what is the word shoe? how???
oml wattpad please??
the obligatory wattpad premium rant and what it means
oml! new forum update
..
is wattpad dead?

did you say f̶a̶n̶t̶a̶s̶y̶ HOT SEX.

187 5 3
EchoSagal

ME: Hey, homo sapiens! I here am Echo, nice to meet you. If you're new to this book, this my first ever Q&A where you ask me questions and I answer them. Alright, let's jump into it. 

Myalphadadi asked:

ME: Haha. I've never heard of that book, and it doesn't really sound like its fantasy, but I don't even read fantasy on Wattpad so what do I know? Haha.

Thanks for leaving a comment by the way!

I dont really read watpd fantsi like you put it, so I guess I'll have to go out and look for some lol. 

HAHA, well i looked at the fantasy section of wattoad, and all I'm really seeing is SEX, but that's okay, becuase there are a few decent ones too. Take this one for example. The title was some kinda Spanish sounding name like ALFONSI or something, but the blurb was what really had me salivating.

"Kinky" he winked " I like it"

A blush made its way to my cheek and I ducked my head to hide my face from him. I gasped when I felt a sudden bulge pressing into my thigh and Lorenzo used that opportunity to flip us over so that I was below him. "I like to be on top" he whispered centimeters away from my face. My breathe was coming out in short pants and my eyes kept wondering down south.

HAHA. The grammar is a part of its charm that uniquely screams, "That's fantasy alright!" Never mind that WIKIPEDIA says fantasy is:

not, 

HAHA, take a guess what genre that's the definition for, haha.

You'd think a fantasy blurb would have mention of the word "dragons", or "kingdom", or "magic war", or "elves." All it really said was "werewolf" then cut to a scene with a girl ogling this strange boys erection in short pants as he hpvered over her. Lol, this sounds like some kinda romantic teen fiction, but nu-uh! It's:

Haha, I think this one's gonna top for my favourite, but it wouldnt be fair to the other fantasy books out there if i just chose the first one I saw.

Oh! I found one. This one has another name, but it sounds more American, or is it Greek? Lol, I don't even know a thing about names and their origins, but I do know it got me panting like a dog in heat:

"I want you" Aden said as he slowly stalked towards me observing me as if I was his prey. I stared at him with wide eyes. He was confident, sexy and exuded power like none other. Warmth pooled between my legs involuntarily as his eyes undressed me."You are mine" he whispered huskily, his hands trailed up my dress and my breath hitched in my throat. "Mine and mine alone."

OH HOT DAMN my knees are weak. I want this Aiden man to lock me up in his bedroom with chains and a ball gag and throw away the key. 

Haha, special thanks to Wattpad for their algorithm. It's just so fuck-tastic. Like, look at this:

Equals

Man, I think I found the formula for getting into the top 50 of the fantasy charts. 

Oh boy, screw all the other disciplines I've been training myself in, like decent grammar, character development and typing up extensive documents with, like, near 50 pages of worldbuilding for its first arc alone when I could just write about a sexy werewolf man banging my self-insert--- and get millions of views to boot?

I see a clear decision. I get a good jack-off plus millions of views, it seems like a good deal to me.

Haha, there's one story however Haha where a girl gets kidnapped, that just might give ALFONSI a run for its money and that's this book right here:

"Anything?" He smirked, raising one eyebrow. I swear he would've looked sexy if he would not have been so damn intimidating at that moment. "Yes," I stated, without thinking. "Then kiss me," he said with a smirk as if it was nothing. I was shocked, my eyes widened and my mouth gaped as I stared at him in disbelief and terror. I gulped and looked at his lips, the thought of kissing him made me blush even though I was so scared right now. "What do you m-mean?" I tried to say confidently, but stuttered at the end. Instead of replying, he started leaning in. I put my hands forward in an attempt to push him away, but he held my hands above my head in one of his. I was completely helpless. There was nothing I could do except for praying. He kept on leaning in and I closed my eyes shut and turned my face to the side.

Haha, I wonder what made me gravitate towards it.

oh shit that must have been what. I shouldve known, I'm weak to that half Polish half Brazillian sex-on-legs married man.

Oh fuck just look at him:

WET.

Haha, nowhere in this blurb is there a mention of fantasy-related words but, like, its still in the top-50 for fantasy so that clearly means I'm the one in the wrong here, lul.

I've come to a conclusion, lol, and its that my definition of fantasy is completely wrong. I'll have to blame WIKIPEDIA for this one. I always knew I couldn't trust you!

Haha, thanks urban dictionary for setting things straight (with my minor edit of course, haha). Now, to look at maybe 2 more books. 

Oh no what's this? I think my radar's picking up some ex-fantasy keywords. Dammit! I think Wattpad's algortihms are acting up again. This book's obviously not in the right genre.

And whats this?

I'm sorry, and you look like a nice book and all, but my radar hasn't picked up any HOT MALE, COCKY, SEXY, MATE, ALPHA, WEREWOOF, BAD BOY, GANG, HOTSEX, SEX, SEX, or SEX tags from this. Instead, you have stuff like "FINDING YOURSELF" which, I'm sorry, is too 3 dimensional to be in this genre. What are you, mature? lul.

Haha, to your question @myalphadadi I'm gonna have to go with the first book, becuase despite fransisco being below i still really tingled when I read the first book and i just have to give the author credit, but if im honest it was seriously too difficult finding one!!!:((((((:(:((::(:(:(::(

Anyway, lol, thanks for tuning in to my Q&A session once again, lol, and like, like and comment, haha~

---------

I recently decided to just look through the fantasy category on Wattpad this afternoon and was shocked when I couldn't see any remotely fantasy books by themselves, without werewolf mates, alphas and bad boys crowding them. 

I think the fantasy genre on Wattpad at least has seriously devolved. This is just me being a pretentious asshole and looking at what I've seen at face-value, but I don't think this mass-production of sex books on wattpad masked as plot-focused stories is healthy. There are a lot of young users on this site and I don't think its safe or an ideal environment. That goes without saying because this is the internet and sex is one of its few constants, but what I don't understand is that there's an entire werewolf category, yet somehow all these books seem to be flooding fantasy. 

I like fantasy. I haven't read that many traditional books in the genre, but I know enough about it and writing it to appreciate what it offers, and despite my mediocre knowledge I certainly do know it does not equal sex. None of the genres do, except for erotica. 

You can't have an erotica book without sex, that's unheard of, but you can have a fantasy book without it. This idea seems to be unheard of, though, when looking at the current influx of books. 

Wattpad, this needs to stop. There are good books on this site, and I yearn to find more than a handful of good books myself to read. 

This is unhealthy. 

-Echo.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

97.5K 1.4K 49
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
69.6K 3.2K 74
❤️
241K 1.3K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
1M 1.6K 37
There will probably be some fluff but there will mostly be smut stories. And I'm very sorry my miss spelling This is my first ever book so please let...