Acatalepsy; auston matthews

Von brendan-gallagher

Acatalepsy is the idea that it is impossible to truly comprehend anything. Yet after he met her there was not... Mehr

• zero •
• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty •
• twenty-one •
• twenty-three •
• twenty-four •

• twenty-two •

3.6K 64 10
Von brendan-gallagher

a/n
sort of another filler chapter so ooops. But yeah, this is honestly all over the place so frick, I'll probably fix this in the morning tbh.

-
Jessica doesn't stay asleep for long. She finds herself in Auston's embrace unable to sleep after she's woken up. Not that she minded, she was a little cold and he was the opposite.

But eventually she became a little hungrier than she'd like, so she found herself trying to slip away without waking him. She grabs one of the two phones on the table, her and Auston have the exact same phone and neither owns a case. The screen lights up and she notices there's a few missed calls and a few messages from a group chat named "don't add Babs" which Jessica assumed was a leafs group chat minus the coach. Which also meant she had picked up the wrong phone.

One message, the most recent, was from an unsaved number.

i miss you. hope your okay.

She cringed at the bad grammar but wondered who that would be. Except she wouldn't be that girl either; she refuses to be the one who doesn't trust her boyfriend.

Boyfriend, it still sounded weird to her, but a good weird.

She switched phones and headed to the kitchen for something to eat or at least to drink. As she swapped his phone for hers she smiled seeing that he had a couple photos on his nightstand; one of him and his parents and the other she assumed was of him and his siblings. She quietly left his phone the way she found it and headed for the kitchen.

Auston's fridge was fairly empty of any snacks and at this moment she didn't feel like cooking, but there were a few apples so she took one of those.

She wandered around Auston's apartment, taking it all in. Until today she'd never been inside to really get to know him. The place was fairly clean, a little dusty, but otherwise it was organized and clean. It was modern and had an open concept thing with how his furniture was arranged. The cleanliness and organization of his apartment surprised her considering he was a 20 year old hockey player who was rarely here for long periods of time.

In the corner of the room there was a bookshelf, which made Jessica laugh. That was something she didn't expect either; Auston never talked about if he enjoyed reading. Sorted into fiction novels were a few authors she hadn't heard of, and few she had; but down a shelf was a collection of cookbooks.

That surprised her more than the bookshelf itself. Auston cooks? He definitely would have to cook for her sometime, or show her some of his favourite recipes. He had quite a few cookbooks.

Jessica plucked a novel from Auston's shelf and and curled up on the couch, taking the blanket he had draped over to warm up. The book had an interesting beginning and hooked her right into the story.

Auston woke up to the other side of the bed being colder than when he had gone to sleep. Which had him wondering if Jessica left, or possibly she went to the bathroom. He hoped she was at least in the apartment still.

He rolled over in bed and unlocked his phone. There were a messages from quite a few people to check in on him. He ignored them and immediately went to google. The first article he found after the google search he clicked on.

A lot of the articles written about game seven, and the leafs playoff disappointment as a whole, revolves around his lack of contributions on ice. The rational part of him knew he tried, but the irrational part allowed himself to believe that they lost because of him.

After reading a few articles Auston let out a quiet groan and closed google. He didn't bother reading all the messages from his friends, but did check the group chat him and the others had that didn't include Babs.

He quickly scrolls and skins his message list getting more and more agitated that everyone is asking if he's okay. Of course he's okay, it sucked, but he's fine. Everyone asking if he was fine had really started to annoy him.

Frustration eventually wins and Auston tosses his phone across the bed. As if on cue it starts to ring and he sprawls across the bed on his stomach to reach.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I thought I'd call and see how you-"

Auston froze not believing that his number had been given to out again.

"Don't call again." He was stern, but whispered and hung up. Now he was more pissed off trying to figure out how she even got his number in the first place.

He sat up in bed and ruffled his hair trying to fix the bad case of bed head he had before deciding it wasn't worth fixing. Instead he found the energy to get up and see if Jessica had left.

On his way to the living room he sent Gards a text to check in. The poor guy had one of the worst games of his career but the team lost that game, not him and definitely not Freddie who stole them game 5 and 6.

Auston spotted Jessica curled up on his couch reading a book. So into the story that she apparently hadn't heard him enter the room. He smiled knowing she was his and he knew how lucky he was to have someone like her by his side.

"Aus?" She broke him out of his thoughts. "You're staring?" she stated softly, except it was more of a question of why he was staring.

"I'm just thinking," Auston smiled and sat next to her. "I'm really glad you're apart of my life."

She smiled and curled into his side a little, setting the book on the coffee table.

Auston's phone rings again and as he pulls it from his pocket Jessica gets a glimpse of the person calling; the same number that had already texted him earlier.

He quickly dismissed the call.

"You can get that- I don't mind," Jessica offers.

Auston shrugs. "If it's important they'll leave a message."

Jessica forced a small smile. "Right. Are you hungry?" she changed the subject.

"A little, are you?" he wondered. "You wouldn't be asking if you weren't hungry," he finally clued in.

Jessica stood up and pulled him up with her. "I noticed you had a lot of cook books? I don't know if you're a good cook, but how about I find out?" the two walked into the kitchen.

Auston chuckled. "Only if you agree to help. Cooking it more fun when you have good help."

"Full disclosure, I burn water," Jessica joked as Auston found some different things to cook with. He had very little, but managed to come up with a more ingredients than Jessica imagined he would.

Though they ended up just making grilled cheeses since it was quick and simple.

Auston's phone rang again while they were cooking which finally made Jessica ask him. "Who is it?"

"I don't recognize the number and they haven't left me a voicemail or text to say who they are," Auston lied. He knew exactly who it was, but he'd deal with it later.

"Oh," Jessica handed Auston his plate.

They spent the day relaxing like planned, but Jessica had felt tense after he kept declining the calls. who missed him? she wondered.

"I'm going back to work," Jessica announced not long before she planned on heading home.

"Really? So soon?" Auston worried.

"Tomorrow, I'll be there for the locker clean outs," Jessica explained.

Auston smiled. "Well it's good you're getting back to what's normal. that's good."

"Yeah, I'm excited," she intertwined her fingers with Auston's as a rerun of The Office played in the background.

They stayed that way until Jessica left.

Auston dreaded having to deal with the problem who wouldn't stop calling; so instead he turned his phone on silent and went to bed.
-

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

103K 826 30
"Please, can you just stay?" [toronto maple leafs] [mitch marner] © tr2626 • not edited •
31.6K 351 36
Write me a letter Tell me you'll stay
112K 1K 35
We Don't Always End Up With The Loves Our Lives (And That's Okay!) Completed July 7, 2017 ✓
222K 2.2K 32
Once just a childhood friend, Auston is suddenly face to face with the girl he has had a crush on since he was sixteen and playing in Ann Arbor with...