Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 3-

77.3K 1.8K 123
By repswiftly

-Nathan Blake-

My dad had given me a week to get myself a good wife. And I’d thought I’d found her and I was pretty positive I did. But how do you approach someone on that subject. What was I meant to say? ‘Hi, I meant to find a wife in a week and marry her. Will you marry me?’

I was still staring at her beauty, while she talked about her book. I few nods and she was convinced I was listening. I was actually mapping out in my head how to ask her without offending her. And of course my stupidity got the better of me.

“I really like you.” Now that got her attention and she looked up, her mouth in the shape of an ‘O’. She didn’t speak, or probably at this moment and time she just couldn’t.

“I know this is really stupid, but my father wants me to marry someone and you-“

SMACK!

I should have expected that. She’d slapped me and for a girl, that was a hard slap. It left this tingling sensation on my jaw, but it hurt like hell. I faced her again, she had stood up. Her chest rising and falling rapidly, he lips parted like she wanted to say something, but we continued staring at each. Or should I say glaring.

***

 -Isabelle Quinn-

I had mustered up all my strength and slapped that jerk in the face. I’ll admit, he’s got a finely shaped jaw and the impact hurt my arm. But I resisted the urge to rub it or I’d seem weak. I was sure people were watching and Caroline had appeared carrying a bottle of mineral water. The silence was awkward and his blue eyes pierced into mine. Was he angry, confused, hurt? Who cared, he just told me he liked me and if I’m not mistaken, he was going to ask me to marry him.

I leaned in, gritting my teeth. His face was inches from mine, I tried to concentrate on the problem at hand and not his crystal-clear eyes, shining magnificently in the sun.

“Look here, mister. You can’t just come in here and tell me you like me. What the hell were you thinking?” I could feel my cheeks burn. I was furious but at the same time he looked so innocent and like he didn’t give a damn.

He didn’t speak, just sat there, smirking.

Caroline stepped in, confusion crossing here eyes gave a look as if asking ‘what happened here’.

“Sorry, am I missing something?” she asked me and tugged at my arm when I didn’t tear away my gaze from the jerk.

“He just told me he liked me.” I said, crossing my arms ready for Caroline to have a go at him. But no, for a friend she sided with him.

“So? I saw you slap him. You slapped him because of that? Belle, apologise.”

I scoffed and just stared at Caroline. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, my own friend wants me to say sorry to this freak. I looked from the corner of my eye and caught him smirking, he was enjoying this. But right now my insides were burning with hate, the urge to slap him again was strong, but I had to control myself.

“Caroline! You can’t expect me to say sorry.”

“You slapped him.”

“For good reason.”

“Because he said he likes you? Ok I know it’s weird an all, but you can’t just slap him.”

“No slapped him because he was going to ask me to marry him.”

Her face repeated my expression only moments ago. Her mouth like an ‘O’. Confusion written on her face, and several blinks in the space of second.

She spun around and looked at the man sitting down, smiling, grinning in fact.

“You asked to marry her?” she asked, her arms crossed and her feet tapping the floor impatiently.

“Well, I was, but she’d smacked me in the face before I could. That’s very rude y’know.” He rubbed his cheek, still smirking.

“Rude?” I snapped at him and advanced but Caroline held me back.

Muttering of men issued from across the courtyard. A man in a sleek, black suit and the principle.

“Oh shit, the Blake’s are here.” Said Caroline tugged at my arm and staring at the millionaire funding our school.

“NATHAN!” the man yelled and we both jumped, so did the guy who I’d slapped. He turned around and Mr. Blake walked towards him.

“Where have you been?” The man asked, taking his glasses off and examining the place.

“Just here, father, met these lovely girls.” He smiled, his white teeth sparkling in the light. It was blinding.

Father? He was the Blake’s son. And I’d just slapped him, in the face, really hard. Suddenly I felt guilty, stupid and I owed him an apology. Or did I? He was rude and was going to ask me to marry him. He owed me an apology.

The old man (his father) looked terribly tired, and ill. There were bags under his eyes, he looked hot and bothered, there was something wrong.

“Come one, let’s go. The school has to get ready for their Friday Night Summer Party.” And he walked away, expecting his son to follow.

“A Friday Night Summer Party?” that man repeated, grinning at the thought. But Caroline looked like she would cry.

“I am so sorry, she’s sorry too.” Caroline pleaded and pointed at me.

“No I’m not!” I snapped.

“She is, she didn’t mean to hit you. It was a accident.”

“Well,” he said, standing with his hands in his pockets, delighted at the apologies from Caroline. “You friend isn’t sorry.”

He winked at me and followed his dad. I sat down again. I wanted to scream. Caroline still watched the place the Blake’s had disappeared from view. She was in shock.

***

Music was blasting, cheers, laughter. It was the day before Summer, everyone was enjoying themselves but me.

I had a can of coke in my hand, sitting by myself while Caroline disappeared to go to the bathroom. I was a loner and the last thing I wanted was to be seen my Ruby and her poshies, sitting alone.

“I’m back, and I think I’ll hit the dance floor.” Caroline appeared and pulled at my arm. “Let’s dance, so you can show off how amazing you look.” She smiled.

“No, let’s not. You can.” I was having a terrible time, but I didn’t want to admit it because Caroline was trying her best to make it memorable. But I was being so negative about it all. Plus, I can’t dance.

She stopped nagging me and stalked off. She looked pretty annoyed with me, which made me angry with myself. I haven’t been a good friend lately.

“Having a good time?” My head shot up to the sound of the familiar voice. It was the jerk from earlier today. I scowled and turned away, but there was no getting rid of him. He sat down right next to me.

“Can I ask what you’re doing here?” I demanded.

He chuckled, leaning back. “My father funds this school. I’m invited to any school events.”

I paid hardly any attention, but I got the impression he was a spoilt, self centered, rich boy who gets his way.

“Unless it bothers you that I’m here, I’ll leave if you want.” He suggested.

What did he expect me to say. ‘Yeah, your presence makes me want to tear out my hair, so please leave and tell your dad that I’m thankful for the funding of the school.’

I say that and the school will be blaming me for everything. I sighed, and so did he. I began to get irritated again.

“Come with me.”

It was more of a demand and he offered his hand. I wasn’t sure if I was thinking or not, but I took it. His hands were tough, but soft and rather elegant. His touch was like electricity, it made me shudder but I got up and he led the way.

We walked in awkward silence, I followed him slowly, hugging myself as the cold night air sent chills up my spine. I began getting goose bumps and my chattering teeth broke the silence.

“Silly of me, but I never asked you name.” he turned to me, but I averted my eyes to my shoes.

“Isabelle, what’s yours?”

“Nathan, short for Nathaniel.”

I sniggered but stopped quickly.

“Are you laughing at my name?”

“As a matter of fact, I am, Nathaniel.” I teased.

“Hey, don’t called me that. I prefer Nathan. And I think you prefer, Belle?”

I met his eyes. You couldn’t tell they were blue in the night time. “My friends call me that.”

“Well, in that case, maybe we can be friends?” he said hopefully, but I avoided his gaze and said nothing more. I didn’t want to be friends with him. Why would I want to?

We kept walking, but I had no idea where. We reached some steps when I realised they lead to the roof of the school.

“We’re not meant to be here.” I say after ages, but he goes ahead and climbs them. Pushing at the heavy doors.

“Try and stop me.” He challenged and tried heaving the rusting doors. But no luck. “Pheew…no-one’s been up here in a while, I think.” He took a big steps back, and got in the funny position like he would kick the door down. I covered my face and when a loud ‘CLANG’ echoed the halls and the doors flew open.

I looked up again. He’d gone. Out of sight. I assumed he’d be up on the roof, so I ascended the stairs. I felt nervous, no doubt. He was still a stranger to me. All I knew was he was the Blake’s son and he was called Nathan. That was it. He could kidnap me for all I know.

But I saw a silhouetted figure of a tall man, leaning against the wall and looking up at the moon, just visible from behind the clouds.

“Come here” comes his voice and I obey.

Now I standing next to him. Still hugging myself.

I don’t know what made me say it, but it kind of got blurted out. It wasn’t like me to say without thinking, or do without thinking. Unless is happened by accident, then it’s not really my fault, but I get blamed anyway.

“Your dad, Mr. Blake. He looks really ill.”

I thought he’d be angry and yell or something. But he didn’t, instead he sighed and looked down at the lights and the students partying. It was getting crazy down there, I was glad to be up here than down there in the chaos. I saw Caroline and she was dancing with this ginger boy and laughing. She looked up and I think she saw me, I smiled but she didn’t seem to recognise me.

“It’s because he is.”

I jumped. I didn’t think he’d actually answer so I didn’t bother waiting for a reply. But his voice seemed pained. I was feeling guilty for bringing the subject up.

“He’s got cancer.”

I wasn’t expecting that.

“He found out 3 months ago, and well…they know he’s lost the battle. They said he had 3 months to live and well…it’s been exactly that. He’s been doing everything in them months to teach me about the business, making deals, funding the school. I meant to take over when he dies but I know I won’t be able to put up with the pressure like he did.”

I was listening intently. Worry crossed his eyes.

“He also wants me to settle down. Get married before I take over the business. He gave me a week to find someone.” He said so casually, like it wasn’t the weirdest thing I’d heard.

“A week?” I ask and he nods.

“Yes, you see that’s wh-“

His phone started to play a tuneful tone. He dug his hands into his pockets and revealed an iPhone. The song stopped and muttering and yells could be heard from the other end.

“What?” He asked, he was surely worried. He seemed so scared. “I’m on my way.” He hung up and ran down the stairs. I followed him, he was a fast runner and sprinted down the steps. I tried my best to keep up but he had longs legs and I couldn’t exactly run fast in the Louboutin’s I’d borrowed off Caroline.

“Wait” I called after him, but he didn’t and proceeded to run.

We were at the school entrance, he pushed past people and I’d managed to knock into Ruby.

“Euch, watch where you’re going!.” She roared because she’d spilled her drink, and I’d caused it to happen. She kept blocking my way.

“WAIT!” I called again and he stopped, but unfortunately Ruby followed my gaze.

“Ohh, look at him. What did you do, scare the guy? Don’t blame him. But you should leave this hot guy to me.”

I scoffed. “I have no interest in him what so ever. I just need to ask him something.”

I watched him push back through people towards me. He was seriously in a rush, but why would he come back to me?

“Here comes the hottie.” Ruby twirled her hair and put on her smile.

“Come on.” He said and grabbed my hand.

“Wait! Why are you taking her?” Ruby asked, annoyed at the fact he didn’t pay any attention to her.

“Sorry, but do I know you?”

This clearly offended her and we ran off. A smile was plastered to me face. And suddenly there was a rush of respect towards him. We got to his car, a beautiful, black Lamborghini. I was in awe. This must have cost a fortune.

“Wow! A Lamborghini?” I exclaimed and admired the car.

The doors flew up and he yelled “GET IN! Quickly!”

I got into the car with him. What was I doing? Why was I going with him? But for some reason I didn’t care. I stared at the leather seats, the stereo, the blacked out windows. It was amazing, but my head flew back and hit the seat. Nathan had accelerated and we were speeding off down the road.

____________________________________________________________________________

So here's the third chapter! Please vote and comment because it means so much and encourages me to write more! Do you like the story so far?!I'm enjoying writing it! Let me know, thanks!

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 9.3K 16
Kole Asher the good looking soon to be prince of Botnia has to choose his wife soon. On a whim he runs into a girl on the street, he thinks she's bea...
240K 16.9K 54
"Being sober sucks." "I feel like being dead sucks more." Every second that passes by only makes the want for a drink feel greater. With every second...
478K 14K 47
"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to bother you I was just wonderi-" I was cut off " Huh ? Who are you ?" I froze right there at the female voice on the o...