On The Run (Under Severe Edit...

By Wolf_Girls

It all started on a normal day when two sisters, Alexis and Lucia Cortez, went for a run. Lucia saw a strange... More

Pig of the family
We are not related.
Happyland
Meeting my arch enemy
First day on the job
I've always wanted to chase my own tail
We have to tell her
The truth
The Chicken Fiasco
Unbelievable
Unexpected Rain
Peter's Coming Out To Play
I'll do that for fun anyway
Unexpected phone call
I Do Not Trust That Creep
Can This Day Get Any Worse?
I'm changing lives, mother would be so proud
An unexpected turn
Coming To My Senses
Cabin In The Woods
The worst Is Yet To Come
Sequel and new book

You seriously want me to believe I'm a werewolf?

2.3K 57 5
By Wolf_Girls

Lucia's POV:

"Haha very funny." I told the guys who came to my house earlier. They were trying to sell me this ridiculous story. I'm not an idiot! "Seriously, how much did she pay you to do this?"

"Who paid us to do what?" The so called 'Sam' guy asked puzzled. I was about to answer him when the front door opened.

"Lucia! I hope for your sake that you kept your hands off my man......" Alexis immediately stopped talking when she came into the living room and saw 'our guests' are still here. And of course Alexis being herself had a hamburger in her hand.

"Okay, how much?" I asked her. This stupid prank has her name written all over it.

"If you're referring to how many cups of coffee I had, then 8. And if not, then I have no idea what you're talking about." She took a big, and by big I mean huge bite out of her burger. Totally forgetting her manners. And she didn't have too many to begin with.

"How many did you pay these guys to come tell me a ridiculous story about how I'm a were..." Before I could continue explain to my sister, someone came from behind me and put his hand over my mouth to keep me from saying anything. Everything happened so fast. And my reflexes kicked in and bit the guy's hand.

Hey, don't blame me! Some weirdo guy I just met, claiming to be a werewolf or shape shifter or whatever he calls himself, comes up from behind me and clamped his hand over my mouth. Of course I'm gonna bite. Even Alexis knows not to do that.

"Ow, you bit me!" Sam said rubbing his hand where I bit him. The guys and Alexis just laughed.

"Don't ever do that to her." Lex told him with her mouth still full. "Trust me. I've learned that the hard way."

"You must be Alexis." Sam said to her. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She asked suspicious.

"I'm not really sure." Sam said uncertain.

I cannot believe this. "Oh come on! Don't act like you never met. Seriously Alexis. How much did you pay them and where'd you get the money. You didn't steal from me again, did you?"

"Luc, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about and I definitely do not know who these guys are." Alexis said taking the last bite out of her burger. She can't lie, at all. She sucks at lying. But I got to hand it to her. She's not giving up too easily this time.

Before anyone could say anything else, mom came into the living room right behind Alexis with an apologetic look on her face. "Sorry, I thought you'd be done by now."

"No, it's alright." Dad said to mom, then turned toward Alexis and took out his wallet and handed her $100. "Why don't you go into town for a little bit and do some exploring or maybe go to the beach for a while."

"But I just got back from the movies with mom." Alexis whined like a little kid. "I'm tired."

"Tired?" Mom asked surprised. "Lexy, you slept through the entire movie."

"Did not. I was awake the entire time." Lexy said defensively, but I could tell she was lying. Like I said, she sucks at it.

"Oh yeah?" Mom asked with a smirk. "What was it about?"

"Well...um...there was a car crash at the beginning...and um, a chick and some guy, and...um...there was a hospital with doctors and other hospital-ish stuff in it. And then there was...um..."

Mom just shook her head and sighed. "So much for some mother-daughter bonding time."

"Lexy." Dad said and for once with a serious expression, and held out the money to her.

"Fine." She groaned. "Can I take the Impala?"

"Haha very funny. You're not old enough to drive on your own yet." Dad chuckled. "And don't even think about swiping the keys off the kitchen counter again, because it's safely in my pocket." He patted his left jean pocket proudly.

"Okay I understand." Alexis said sweetly. A little too sweetly. "Even though you don't fully trust me with your car yet, I still love you."

She gave dad a hug and took the keys right out of his jean pocket without him noticing anything. Whereas my speciality is lying, hers is pickpocketing. She is really good at that. It's actually scary how good she is.

There's a reason why everyone thinks her future is behind steel bars.

"Bye guys." She greeted and winked at the Paul guy before bolting out the door. And he was grinning like the cheshire cat.

"Okay, something is not right here." Mom said staring at the door where Alexis just went through.

And as if on cue we heard the Impala's tires screeching out of the driveway.

Dad felt his jean pockets and looked up surprised. "How does she do that?"

"You should know, she takes after her father." Mom joked but with some sort of sadness in her eyes. "So Sam, what have you told Lucia so far?"

"Well," Sam said taking a seat. "We told her about what we are and what she is. And we told her about the vampires."

"That's it?" Mom asked worried.

"Yes, we haven't got to the other part yet, we're still trying to get her to believe the first part." Sam sighed looking at me.

"You seriously expect me to believe that I'm a werewolf or shape shifter or whatever?" I asked sarcastic.

"Luc, honey." Mom said sitting down next to me. "I know it's hard to believe, but it's all true. I promise."

Seriously when is this joke gonna end, it's not funny anymore. But everyone's faces had the same expression. "Your serious about this, aren't you?" I asked Sam. He just nodded.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. We're werewolves, and so was my dad. And we protect our people from threats like vampires?" I said a little uncertain. I'm still trying to process all of this. It's too crazy!

"There's more." Dad said trying to keep his voice natural, but I could easily detect the worry in his voice. I didn't respond so he continued. "Before I met your mother she was with someone else. He was my best friend. And he and your mother were going to get married. I lived here in La Push at that time while he lived in Ohio so I never met the girl he was going to marry. Till one day he asked me to be his best man. Of course I said yes and took the next flight out of here. I was really happy for Bruce, because he finally found someone who loved him. Of course my whole attitude about the wedding changed when I met Lorraine. When I saw her for the first time it was like we were the only ones in existence. No one else mattered to me anymore. Just her. Bruce knew about the whole 'werewolf' thing and knew immediately that I imprinted on her. He was furious. I can't even describe how much he hated me after that. After a few days Bruce went missing. We looked for him for months, but never found him. We eventually gave up and one thing led to another Lorraine and I got married and had Alexis and one year later we had you Lucia. About two years later I saw Bruce again. Only he wasn't Bruce, not really. He was a vampire. He threatened that he would get back at me for ruining his life. He said that one night I'd wake up with you three dead. I completely lost it and phased. It was years since I did that so it felt strange and I wasn't capable of killing him. Unfortunately he escaped and we've been on the run since."

I didn't say anything. I just couldn't wrap my head around all of this. And that's when it hit me.

"The guy I saw in the woods that day was Bruce. That's why you were so freaked out and said we had to leave. Not because Lex and I got expelled. I told Alexis it wasn't some weird midlife crises deal. Just wait until I tell her that I'm a werewolf, she's gonna be so jealous."

"Lucia you can't tell your sister." Sam said in a bossy tone.

"We'll tell her when the time is right." Mom said patting my back.

I nodded. "Wait, I've got another question. Dad you said you 'imprinted' on mom. What does that mean?"

Dad gave me a small smile. "I think Jacob is the one to answer that question."

I looked over to the Jacob guy and he looked kinda shy and uncomfortable.

Every time I look at him I feel the same way how dad described when he first saw mom. You know, like we were the only two people in the room, like nothing else really mattered but him...

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. "I'll get it." Mom said and went to answer the door. And guess who it was.

Alexis being escorted by a cop. Lexy was wearing her famous 'I didn't do anything' smile and the cop, well let's just say he didn't look to happy.

"Hey, mom." Lex greeted innocently. "Remember that time I saved you from drowning in a well? Wow that was close, huh?" When she saw that little lie wasn't working she gave a sad face. "I love you mommy."

But that didn't work either. Mom was pissed. "Alexis what did you do now?"

The cop handed my mother a piece of paper while his other hand was still gripping the back of Alexis' hoodie.

"She got a few speeding tickets and a fine because she is underage. We're letting her off with a warning, but just this once. Please see to it that it doesn't happen again or there will be some serious consequences. Good day Mrs. Cortez." The cop turned around and left.

Mom looks at the paper the cop had given her and it looked like she had the wind knocked out of her. "$900! Alexis Joana Cortez you are in so much trouble! Remember when we said that you'll be working in the garden for one month. Well, let's make it five and you will also take Lucia's job inside the house. You start tomorrow and you're going to pay back every cent."

"But..."

"No buts. Now go to your room!" Mom said sternly, pointing up the stairs.

"Fine." Alexis mumbled and walked up the stairs.

"Where is the Impala?" Dad asked Lex and she stopped halfway up the stairs.

"Um...the impound." And with that she ran up the stairs like lightning.

I couldn't blame her. Dad really loves that car.

"There is no doubt that she takes after her father." Mom explained to the guys....and Leah, but once again with a slight sadness in her eyes.

"Yeah, but the cops barely caught us." Dad sighed and then stood up. "Well, if you need me I'll be at the impound lot getting my car back." And with that he left out the door.

After dad left an awkward silence filled the room. This is about the time when we need Lex. She always seems to get rid of silences. Especially awkward ones, even if it does mean embarrassing herself.

"Would you boys like to stay for dinner?" Mom asked breaking the silence .

All the guys nodded eagerly.

"Yes please. I'm starving! I haven't eaten in like two hours." Paul said rubbing his stomach.

"You sound just like Alexis." I told him, which made him grin big.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 2.4K 13
Jazmine spent most of her time running around a forest which wasn't weird. Because she was a wolf. Which was weird because she wasn't always a wolf...
33.8K 779 24
Katie Lahote has just moved back to La Push. She is moving in with her twin brother Paul, who knows some interesting boys. Katie meets Jacob almost...
23.6K 544 13
Jacob Black has a half-sister who has been shipped from Pittsburgh to La Push after spending years away from her family. And she meets the hot-head P...
352K 6.6K 18
Summer Robertson has just moved to Forks, Washington, and isn't expecting much. When her life is flipped upside down and she becomes friends with wer...