Back In Black

Von REACH_FOR_THE_STORY

Kathleen Quinn has moved from home to home since she was ten, years have passed and she is finally able to re... Mehr

Authors Note
Chapter One: Old Friend
Chapter Two: New Beginnings
Chapter Three: Parties and Heartbreak
Chapter Five: Truth be Told I'm Lying
Chapter Six: The Book of the Damned
Chapter Seven: Give Him a Break
Chapter Eight: The Last Picture Show
Chapter Nine: Please Don't Forget Me.
Chapter Ten: Love Never Before Seen
Chapter Eleven: The Tail of The Sisters
Chapter Twelve: The Story Unravels
Chapter Thirteen: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter Fourteen: Why Do I Do This?
Chapter Fifteen: Pissed Off Isn't a Good Color
Chapter Sixteen: Not Today Red-Headed Satan
Chapter Seventeen: In the Thick of Things.
Chapter Seventeen; Hatching a Plan Into Hell
Chapter Nineteen; The Blossom's Plus One
Chapter 20; Surrounded by Insanity.
Chapter 21: Happy Very Merry Birthday
Chapter 22; Coming Home
Chapter 23: Horrors of Home
Chapter 24: The Tell Tale Heart
Chapter 25: Isolation is Freedom
Chapter 26: There May Not Be a Tomorrow
Chapter 27: Family Doesn't End With Blood.
END OF BOOK 1

Chapter Four: Fear, Guilt, and Love Oh My.

234 5 0
Von REACH_FOR_THE_STORY

Jughead and I sit in the booth at Pops as Jughead continues writing about Jason and everything happen. That was when I got the call from Betty.
"I gotta go Jug."
"Girl duties?" He laughs.
"I'll see you tomorrow Jug" He nods as I leave Pops. Betty comes down and lets me and then locks the door behind me. We walk up to her room, I just sit in her bed petting her head as it lays in my lap. She was crying again.
"He texted me, he wanted to talk"
"I can take care of him for you if you want."
"No Kat. He isn't worth it" She sighs. It didn't take long for Betty to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to rest, knowing that tomorrow I would be a shit show. I wake up early with Betty's alarm. I groan as Betty Chuckles. I roll out of her bed and sit in her bay window starting a new drawing of Betty and I, the selfie we took the night of the dance, minus Veronica. Betty was sitting on her bed writing in her journal when there was a knock at the door.
"Hey , Honey?" The Coopers walk into Betty's room. I look over trying my best to blend in with the pink room though I am wearing all black. "We just wanted you to know, it's gonna be a bit of a late night for us." Hal Cooper starts
"Its going to be a lot of late nights for us. I mean, an accidental drowning who cares? But the sociopathic son of the wealthiest family in town, murdered? Thats a national obsession waiting to happen." Alice Cooper the crazy bitch speaks up next. It takes everything in me not to explode on her. Betty gives me an apologetic look.
"He is barely in his grave Alice." Hal says quietly.
"Can you warm up the car, Hal? I'll be right down." she says with a sickly sweet smile. "Betty you know what I like most about you? You always want to see the good in people. Even people like Cheryl Blossom and Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews. And the girl that is sitting in your window."
"Sup Alice." she rolls her eyes
"But when they betrayed you this weekend, you saw their true colors, didn't you?"
"I'm right here Alice" I say sarcasm dripping from my lips.
"I did. I definitely did. For everyone except Kat, she has been there for me."
"Thank you Betty." I smile.
"Good. Now no backsliding. No Cheryl. No Veronica, and..."
"No Archie." Betty says with a proud look. I nod and get up.
"Well I have to meet Jughead. You good to walk to school Bets?"
"Yeah I'll be fine Kat thank you" I nod walking out of the Cooper house. I get to the street just in time to see my favorite Raven haired boy walking towards me.
"Damn Kat I wanted to surprise you" He laughs
"Sorry Jughead but I seriously doubt both of us being at the Cooper house in one morning is a good idea. He nods grabbing my hand.
"How is the girl next door?" He asks as we walk down the street
"She's okay, her mom wants her to drop everybody."
"Will she?"
"I'm pretty sure she is walking with Archie right now. Last night was enough I think, I think she is coming to terms with everything."
"Thats good" Jughead and I smile as we get to Riverdale High we earn a few strange looks as we walk into the building holding hands. Jughead and I walk around for a few minutes until we see Archie staring at Jason's memorial in front of his locker. I let go of Jug's hand as we get close.
"Hi" Jughead says causing Archie to jump "Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE?" I chuckle "Sorry, Coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked-out right now to do pull-ups" This time I can't contain the laugh. Even though Jason was like family Jughead makes it all feel better.
"Don't joke about Jason Blossom"
"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world" Jug scoffs "Look, its the rich kids from The Goonies." He says as the football team comes down the hallway. "Alright, I'm out." He grabs my hand and starts to pull me along behind him until we reach the boys. Reggie bumps into us causing Jug to let go of my hand.
"You leave the after party early and are here with him two days later?"
"I told you Reggie, we went to the semi-formal as friends." I glare and he steps closer to me
"Watch your tone!" He growls
"You are gonna have to do a lot more than that to get me to jump Reggie." I glare at the rest of the pack "Go to hell you jock-strap" I roll my eyes and grab Juggie pulling him away from the football players. Jughead and I separate ways. I walk to the student lounge where Betty and Kevin are sitting. An announcement comes over the intercom that I only slightly listen too.

The bell rings to mark first period I walk in and take my usual seat next to Jughead in the front of Biology. I am just doodling in my sketch book until Archie walks in, I look up at him thinking.
"Juggie?" He hums a response "Have you talked to Archie about what he was doing on July 4th?"
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying, he was supposed to be on a road trip with you but bailed. I don't think he hurt Jason but a part of me wonders. What was he doing on that fateful day?"
"I've wondered the same thing, but he hasn't said anything."
"Okay then" I nod. I just sit there not really listening to everything go on around me, like Cheryl's right hand girls asking if she had anything to do with Jason's death.
"Seats everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." The Biology teacher shouts as he comes into the class, multiple kids shout out for partners. I just sigh sliding closer to Jughead.
"I hate this class."
"I know, just power through" He chuckles. Cheryl's hand maidens gasp causing Jughead and I to look at Archie and Cheryl. Cheryl is dragging the scalpel down the frogs belly while glaring at her friends.

*******

Before I know it it is Lunch, today I sit with Jughead laughing at Keller digging himself into a hole.
"Whats that about?" Jughead asks as I take a picture of the crew.
"Veronica kissed Archie during a game of seven minutes in heaven, Kevin is being Kevin. Extremely awkward while trying to keep the peace." Jughead laughs as we lean against a tree. I look up to the blonde girl running away.
"I gotta go Juggie" I grab my back and run after her. Archie was calling her name until Weatherbee walked up behind him.

I try to follow Betty but I lose her somewhere between the point she ran from Archie and the school. So I just stop, I turn around and see Jughead walking my way.
"I have some stuff to do in the art room, willing to come with me?" Jughead nods and then puts on his headphones. We walk in silence our hands awkwardly brushing as we make our way down the hall. Until we pass the music room. I see a familiar letter man jacket attached to a Red haired boy. Jughead pulls of his head phones as I whisper
"That can't be" We walk back and look through the window. Archie and Ms. Grundy were sharing a moment. Jughead and I look at each other before walking away.

**********

I'm standing by the stairs in front of Archie's house while Jughead is sitting on them. We see him walk up and sighs.
"Jug. What's up?" I laugh lightly and then put some head phones in, as Jughead had requested.
"Whats up is I saw you Archie, we both did. In the music room. With Ms. Grundy." Jughead told me to put headphones in to give him a slight time buffer with the conversation that way if Archie said something really stupid he had time to stop be from saying anything.
"Keep your voice down, my dad's inside." Jughead and Archie met at the bottom of the stairs.
"I'm trying to help you, dude." I pull out my headphones and stand there my arms crossed. "I'm trying to be your friend here. Even though we're not anymore." I walk over and stand beside Jug my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me quickly before continuing "How long? You and Grundy"
"Since the summer." they pause processing everything "I like her" Archie says causing me and Jughead to scoff.
"So I'm guessing she's the reason you've been acting weird since summer?"
"One of them" Archie sighs
"One of them?" Jughead repeats
"There's more?" I say

"We were at Sweetwater River on July 4th, we heard a gunshot. THE gunshot"
"Dude, you have to tell somebody."
"I can't. neither can you. If people find out about Grundy"
"A kid is dead, Archie!" Jughead whisper screams "And you're worried about some..."
"Cougar?" I finish
"Don't call her that!" Archie turns his attention to be.
"She is the definition of the word Archibald." I sigh
"She's not like that, she cares about me."
"Thats what they all say Archie. How many times has this happened before? Have you asked her? No, because you are special?" Jughead puts his arm out telling me to stop.
"Stab in the dark. I'm guessing she cares more about herself. She's the one who's telling you not to say anything, right?" Archie doesn't answer but his face gives it away.
"Look, I saw you guys."
"She's messing with you" I stand right beside Jughead
"and she's messing with your mind..."
"What the hell do you know about it, Jughead. Or you Kathleen?"
"More than you would care to know Archibald." I mumble, Jughead looks over at me concerned.
"Or about me, even?" Archie finishes his sentence not listening to me at all. Jughead whips his head back to Archie then looks down at the ground
"Nothing. But I used to know this guy once. Archie Andrews... He wasn't perfect but..." Jughead sighs
"But he always tried to do the right thing, at least." Jughead grabs my hand and starts to walk away but Archie grabs his arm
"Jug." Jughead sighs "If you tell anyone about this..."
"What? What are you gonna do?" The two stare each other down until Fred opens the front door.
"Come on Juggie"
"Hey, Jug. Kathleen? Coming in? we got take-out from Pop's."
"Hey Mr. Andrews its been awhile but Jughead and I were just..."
"Leaving" Archie finishes for me.
"Yeah, that" I practically growl at Archie. "Next time Mr. Andrews." I wave as I pull Jughead way form Archie.

*************

I am standing against Betty's locker not really paying attention to her until she starts talking
"You were right and what you said about Archie."  Betty looks at Veronica who turns around and crosses her arms "Sometimes it's hard to admit things to yourself." Betty pauses collecting herself "My mother is crazy. I'm afraid I'll never see my sister again. The boy I like doesn't like me back." They cross the hallway towards each other.
"He may not be crushing on you, but he does love you. And he's legit miserable without you, if it's any consolation. My mom says sometimes a friend is better than a boyfriend. Maybe this is one of those times." I roll my eyes knowing one of the major reasons Archie doesn't like Betty then I walk over to the girls putting my arms around their shoulders.
"So does this mean I don't have to be devils advocate? And that we are all good now?"
"We are good Kat."
"Thank God, I need my girls back" We all laugh as we walk to the student lounge. The girls sit on the couch and I stand by Jughead leaning against the Vending machine.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had." Reggie complains to the room of the people. "And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"
"Shut Up Reggie, you are just pissed because the sheriff is doing his job and interviewing anyone that would slightly have a motive"I sigh from my spot across the room as Betty says something to Kevin and Kevin responds. Archie comes over trying to get something from the vending machine while Reggie gets started again.
"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?" I blush a little thinking about it. "Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead?"
"Jealous much Reggie?" I laugh grabbing Jug's hand. Reggie glares at me while the group turns to us laughing.
"What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like... After?" I step forward fuming, Jughead pulls me back.
"Its called necrophilia Reggie, can you spell it?" Jughead says not giving Reggie the time of day.
"Come here you little..." Reggie jumps at us over the couch both Archie and I step in front of Jughead.
"Hey shut the hell up, Reggie." Archie says
"Sit down Reginald, before you do anything we all regret." Archie pushes Reggie back
"Boys" Veronica calls from the side of the room.
"What do you care, Andrews?" Jughead pulls me back to him again.
"Nothing, just leave him alone." Archie sighs.
"Holy crap. Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Was it some sort of pervy blood brother thing?" I step in between Archie and Jughead.
"They were working on a construction site and then we had lunch at Pops." Archie and Jughead look at each other then at me confused. Jughead pulls me next to him "Sit down Reggie, now" I say. Archie looks at him
"You heard the girl" He shoves Reggie away from him. Reggie pushes Archie back into the vending machine that shatters on impact. Jughead tries to pull Reggie off of Archie but Moose pulls Jughead off of Reggie. I slap Moose across the face making him stop he looks at me and I lean towards him
"If you want to stay in the closet I would advise walking away from this now" He walks away holding his cheek. I look back to the fight seeing Reggie knock Archie out with one hit.

I'm standing in the Andrews's kitchen making Archie an ice pack, i turn around handing it too him.
"You did good Archibald"
"Was that a complement?" He chuckles
"Tell anyone and I'll give you a worse shiner then the one Reggie just gave you." We chuckle "But thanks for helping Juggie today." He nods
"He is my friend too Kat"
"I'm not so sure sometimes, but you got one point in my book" I pat his shoulder just as Mr. Andrews walks. Archie moves the ice pack from his eye to show his dad.
"Ooh. I hate to ask this, but did you get that in a fight with Jughead?"
"No Fred, not this time. He was defending him this time."
"No, it was with Reggie. Its a long story" Archie shrugs.
"Hey Kathleen."
"Hi Fred. Its been awhile."
"You said that the other night too"
"Yeah" I look away
"How have you been"
"I've been better, but I'm glad to be back in Riverdale"
"Jughead and I, we were disagreeing about a girl" Archie says changing the subject.
"Thats my cue. It was great to see you again Fred."
"You too kiddo, don't be a stranger"
"I wont, thank you"

I walk out of the Andrews house and walk to Pops.

**********

The next day is the pep rally at the school. Jughead and I are standing by the bleachers. I pull out my camera and snap some pictures of the crowd and people that are really decked out in school pride things.  I then turn around and snap a picture of Jughead.
"Hey, Hey. Not of me"
"Why not you are so photogenic."
"No I'm not."
"The camera says otherwise." I show him all of the candid pictures of him I had taken. A small smile spreads across his face.
"Thats the one you are drawing isn't?"
"You are my muse" I joke pushing his shoulder.
"Those are really good Kat"
"Thanks" I blush before looking over to see Archie wearing Jason's number, he walks over to the refreshment table where Grundy is working. I smack Jug's arm and point towards the table. He sighs shaking his head
"Lets give him the benefit of the doubt."
"You are more than welcome too" I shrug "I'll keep my thoughts to myself" Archie looks over at us and Jughead moves my head to look at him. His hand rests on my waist.
"What?"
"Quit staring" 
"I'll stare at something" He blushes lightly "Too much?"
"Not at all." I chuckle as we see something move in the corner of my eye. I look over to see Archie walking towards us.
"Girl trouble? You?" Jughead asks pulling me towards him while chuckling
"Grundy and me. We're telling Weatherbee. At least, I am" I smile looking between my boys. "And also, I didn't mean all that crap I said to you. I'm sorry"
"It's cool" The two stare at each other "We're not gonna hug in front of this whole town." the boys laugh "So why don't we both just do that bro thing where we nod like douches and mutually suppress out emotions?"
"Yeah, but as friends, right?"
"To be discussed, over many burgers, and many days." The two laugh I give Archie a small kiss on the cheek.
"Welcome back Archibald the good"
"I so hope that doesn't stick" He laughs as he walks back to the game.

"Still keeping thoughts to ourselves?" Jughead pulls me close to his chest again
"Our friends are working through their problems. Veronica and Betty are better as are you and Archie."
"You are the glue apparently."
"Apparently" I laugh as we turn our attention back to the pep rally. Jughead stands behind me hugging me around my waist. I may like Jughead Jones and who knows he may like me. but as long as he is in my life I am happy.

Mayor McCoy kicks off the pep rally with a cheer by the vixens and a song by the Pussycats. Along with a speech. Jughead and I just stand there laughing at the show, until the cheerleaders hold up a banner that the football team runs through. Archie leading the pack, my knees go weak as I see him running in Jason's jersey.
"Jason?" I whisper before seeing Archie's coming through my memory. I notice Cheryl running across the field, I take off after her.
"Cheryl!" I call noticing that Veronica and Betty are following me. Veronica and I walk into the girls locker room. Cheryl is sitting on the bench crying. I squat down in front of her. I grab her hands pulling them towards me. She looks up and gives a slight smile.
"He missed you so much"
"We missed him." I wrap my arms around her as she cries into my shoulder.
"Cheryl" Veronica says walking towards us. "Cheryl, what is it? What happened?"
"Jason..." She sniffles leaning away from me. "He's gone..." Tears fall from my eyes as well, Cheryl has always been so strong to see her crumble breaks my heart.
"I know. I know he is."
"No, you don't. You don't understand." I look up at the two of them confused "He was supposed to come back" Cheryl falls to the ground hugging me close. We cry with each other as Veronica rubs our backs. "I'm alone" Cheryl finally chokes out.
"You're not alone. It's okay." Veronica says.
"Cheryl, i'm here for you. Jason was like my brother."
"And Perry was like mine" She says looking up at me shortly. Cheryl lets go of me to hug Veronica and then the three of us hug. I pull away in a few wiping my tears.
"I need to get back out there but, I'm here if you need me Cheryl." Cheryl nods
"Thank you Kathleen"
"Of course" I smile walking out past Betty.

********

I meet up with Archie and Jughead who were talking by the stands.
"Hey boys" I try to be funny after crying so hard.
"Kat, hey. You okay?" Jughead walks over to me.
"I will be. Its just..." I look over at Archie "You wearing his jersey threw me for a second, with the red hair and everything. It was the same for Cheryl."
"It feels weird wearing his number"
"Yeah well. I'm in need of a classic Strawberry milkshake, you guys down for pops?"
"Always" Jughead says as Archie nods.
"Lets go."

We make our way to the dinner where we see Betty and Veronica. They talk for a second before Betty turns around "Do you guys want to join us?"
"Hell yeah" I laugh heading towards the table. The boys laugh following. Jughead and I climb around Veronica to sit closer to the window though Jughead takes the window seat. Archie sits next to Betty. I order my usual from Pops. Jughead steals my milkshake having some and we bicker slightly about it.

For one night we were just normal teenagers enjoying a post pep rally desert at pops, the neon light holding back the terrors of Riverdale. We just laughed and enjoyed each other's company all friendships were amended and we were yet again the best friend group we were before I left, with only two slight differences. Our family had earned one raven haired girl and we had aged a couple years. Little did we know that would be our last night as completely normal teens.

**************

The next morning sitting in first period biology Jughead and I watch as  Weatherbee and Keller interrupt Dr. Phylum's class. Cheryl stands from the front of the class beside Veronica; "You're here for me, aren't you? Because of the autopsy?" She says.
"Cheryl?" I whisper looking at Jughead confused. He puts his hand on my knee under the table
"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl."
"Its alright Principle Weatherbee, They'll find out soon enough" She holds out her wrists.
"That wont be necessary." Keller holds up his hand.
"Wait, Cheryl, Find out what?"
"That I'm guilty." I move to stand up but Jughead holds me down.
"Don't make this worse" He whispers as tears come to my eyes.

Keller and Weatherbee removed Cheryl form the class  as we all sit their shocked.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

15.6K 637 79
I know it has a lot of parts but they are actual chapters! Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a dista...
7.8K 145 17
Yasmine was at the top of the school until her life started to fall apart at the seems. Yasmine now will try to keep her secrets hidden as the truth...
81 8 8
Coming from a powerful family of both North and South siders Katherine Lockwood had everything one could ask for, from bonding over milkshakes at Pop...
182K 5.3K 27
[COMPLETED] "I don't want you to end up like Jason." Katherine Parker and Jughead Jones were so alike, they became each other's enemies. Both are ase...