Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XIV- Secrets

21.4K 937 354
By TashaPageWriting

Thank you Emma Griese for the cover for Shy! (I don't know your username- sorry !)

*

"Ouch," Ace hissed.

"Stay still," Tai snapped and dabbed at Ace's cuts with a damp tissue. They were in the boys toilets and Ace was leaning against the sink with a pile of bloody tissues next to him. Tai sighed from where she was standing next to Ace and wiped away more blood. "I thought we healed quickly. You're not."

"I'm still recovering from the coma. My healing isn't great," Ace sighed.

"Then you shouldn't get into fights," Tai muttered.

"I don't," Ace said. "This was an exception."

"Why?"

Ace looked down at Tai. "It just was," he said dismissively.

"I don't need you fighting for me," Tai huffed. "I can damn well handle myself."

"Doesn't mean that you should," Ace said and Tai's eyes flickered to his.

"What is this?" Tai asked suddenly and stepped back, throwing the red tissue onto the side. Tai narrowed her eyes at Ace and crossed her arms over her chest. "What is this?"

"What?" Ace asked.

"This!" Tai sighed and gestured between her and Ace. "This is something and I don't know what! Why am I cleaning blood off you! I don't help people, I don't get involved! I keep to myself and push everyone away- why am I helping you?"

Ace grabbed Tai's arm, he gently ran his thumb over her skin. "This?" He said.

"What are you doing?" Tai demanded.

"What do you feel?" Ace asked softly.

"I... I-" Tai's eyes flicked from Ace's hand to his eyes. "Sparks. I feel sparks."

"I think it's time you sat down and read the book Indianna gave you. In fact, I'd recommend a specific chapter... about a thing called mates."

*

Indianna was walking to class alone when she bumped into Stacy who was pinning up flyers about the Christmas Fayre. "Indie!" Stacy said brightly. "How are you? How's the baby?"

Indianna glanced round cautiously, hoping no one had overheard. "Hi, Stacy," Indianna said. "The baby is fine."

"That's good to hear, what's even better to hear is that you agreed to come to dinner! It'll be so good!" Stacy grinned. "I convinced Jason not to cook. He's amazing at many things, but not cooking."

"Amazing at many things?" Indianna repeated. "Who would've thought."

"He's a dark horse," Stacy smiled and thrust a flyer into Indianna's hands. "Please say you're coming. It's going to be even better than the last Fair."

Indianna thought back to Cassie dying and Rogue attacking her. "The last Fair was certainly... memorable."

"It was unforgettable," Stacy scoffed. "It's when I met Jason."

"It's when Cassie died," Indianna murmured.

"What was that?" Stacy wondered.

"Nothing," Indianna said quickly. "I'm sure it will be great. I'll try and make it." Indianna couldn't think of anything worse.

"No, you've got to come!" Stacy gasped. "I've already told you we're running the kissing booth again, last year it was such a success!"

Indianna swallowed. "In that case... I'm sure I can swing by-"

"Fantastic!" Stacy grinned.

"Yeah," Indianna said. "Fantastic."

"It's going to be so great, but I've got to run!" Stacy air kissed Indianna and hurried off down the corridor.

"Gosh, she makes me want to claw my eyes out."

Indianna looked round and saw Tai who had emerged from round the corner. "She's not that bad-"

"She is," Tai said.

"How's Ace?" Indianna asked.

"He'll be fine," Tai nodded. "I wanted to ask you a question, Indianna."

"Of course."

"Ace told me to read about something in the book you gave me, but honestly I've never been much of a reader," Tai shrugged.

"What did he ask you to read about?" Indianna asked.

Tai frowned. "Something about mates?"

Indianna sucked in a breath. "Mates? He said that?"

Tai nodded. "What does that mean? He said something before about soulmates... but I don't understand."

Indianna ran her fingers through her hair. "You really know nothing about us? Do you?"

"I know nothing," Tai said. "And I would really appreciate it if you could tell me something."

Indianna sighed and leaned back against the lockers. "You've heard of Greyson- my boyfriend?"

Tai's eyes flicked to Indianna's stomach. "Yeah," she said slowly. "I have."

"He was my mate."

"Ace said that. What does that really mean?" Tai asked.

"Werewolves have another half. Their mate. Their soulmate. Your mate is someone that completes you. They're the other half to your heart. Someone to love unconditionally and forever. Werewolves only get one chance at love."

Tai paused, her eyes narrowing slightly. "So... Ace... no, that's ridiculous! How can you only have one person you're meant to be with! How do you even know that you're mates-"

"What do you feel when you touch him?" Indianna asked softly. Her hand went to her mark that was on her collarbone. It was faded.

"Sparks," Tai whispered. "But-"

"You feel different around him? You can't explain it."

"That's insane," Tai said. "God, I'm 18 years old, I don't want to meet the guy I've got to spend the rest of my life with! I don't want to-"

"Just talk to him and you may change your mind," Indianna said softly. "I've lost my chance at a mate, please don't throw yours away."

Tai took a step back and looked at Indianna sadly. "I've got to go to class," Tai said quickly and rushed off."

*Ace,* Indianna said through mindlink, *she knows.*

*How did she react?* Ace replied immediately, he sounded nervous.

*If I were you I'd turn on your charm. You're going to need it."

*

Indianna was the first to arrive to the canteen at lunch. She bought a sandwich and sat by herself. Her eyes wandered round the canteen and she sighed, wishing she could be a normal teenager. She wish she didn't have anything to worry about.

She took a bite of her sandwich and watched as Brandon walked into the canteen with Raiden by his side. They were laughing. Indianna didn't understand how he could be that happy. After all he'd done.

"Can you stop it?" Tai asked. Indianna blinked and looked up a Tai in surprise, she hadn't realised she was there.

"Stop what?"

"Mates. The bond or whatever it is?"

"No."

Tai took a deep breath and sat down in front of Indianna. "So that's it? The person I'm to spend the rest of my life with is just decided for me?"

"It's not as bad as it sounds."

"I don't want to be with someone. I don't do people," Tai snapped. "How do I stop this?"

"You don't."

"I'm just going to fuck this up, just like I fuck everything up," Tai groaned. "I don't want this. All I have is Raiden and that's because he's got no choice. He's stuck with me. We're family."

"In my experience, family isn't as strong as it seems," Indianna said gently. She thought about Rogue, about her mother, about her father kicking Rogue out, she thought of Brandon and Brooke. "You're stuck with your mate as much as they're stuck with you."

Tai covered her face with her hands and abruptly stood up. She spun round and swore when she crashed into someone. "Shit, watch where you're-" Tai stopped talking when she felt sparks from the hands that were holding her shoulders.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you did crash into me," Ace said softly.

"Fuck," Tai breathed. "I've got to-"

"I can't force you to do anything," Ace said and he gently trailed his fingers down Tai's arms. She stiffened, but not in a bad way. "But I can ask you, please, give this a chance."

"You don't want me to give this a chance," Tai said. "Trust me, you really don't."

Ace smiled. "Try me."

"God, don't do that!" Tai groaned. "Don't smile like that! I'm telling you now, Ace, stay away from me. For your own damn good."

"You're telling me to stay away, but that only makes me want to stay," Ace said.

"Are you stupid? You don't want to be around me! You don't want to know about me!" Tai snapped.

"Why? What's so bad?" Ace asked and he frowned, cocking his head slightly. "What have you done?"

Tai froze. "I need to go," she said and took a step back. "Just... stay away from me, Ace, for your own good." Tai barged past Ace and hurried out of the canteen.

"Why do all of you girls have secrets?" Ace groaned and sat down opposite Indianna.

"She doesn't not want you," Indianna said and took a bite of her sandwich. "She just doesn't want you knowing whatever she's done."

"After everything that's happened to us, I doubt whatever she's done could surprise me. Nothing would scare me away."

"Then you need to get her to understand that," Indianna said.

"I didn't know having a mate would cause me this much stress already," Ace sighed. He was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently.

"Hey," Indianna said and placed her hand over Ace's. "It will work out. Look at me and Brooke, and Kimberly. It works out."

Ace forced a smile. "Let's hope."

"Are you going to tell the others?" Indianna asked as Harry and Brooke walked over to them. Kal and Kimberly were close behind.

"Tell us what?" Kal wondered and sat down next to Indianna.

"I've found my mate," Ace said.

"Tai?" Harry said and shrugged his shoulders as he sat down. "About time you told us."

"You knew?" Ace gasped.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Brooke demanded and slapped Harry's arm. "Congratulations, Ace!"

"How did you know?" Ace asked.

"I've known you along time, Ace" Harry said dismissively. "I was just wondering when you were going to tell us." He turned to Brooke. "And you, babe, would tell everyone if you found out."

"I'll have you know I'm pretty good at keeping secrets," Brooke snapped.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Only when they're about you."

"Speaking of secrets," Ace said. "Tai's got one."

"More secrets, great, just what we need," Kal said and rolled his eyes. "What is it?"

"If I knew then it wouldn't be a secret," Ace said.

"So just take a little trip into her mind," Kal shrugged.

"No, don't you dare do that!" Brooke said and Kimberly flicked Kal on the head.

"Ow, abuse," he grumbled.

"I wouldn't," Ace said. "I'll just find out the good old fashioned way. I'll get her to trust me."

"Speaking of trust," Indianna spoke up. She reached into her bag as pulled out the flyer for the Christmas Fair. "We're going. Stacy wants me to go, and we need to keep up this pretence, so we're going."

"All of us?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

Indianna gave Harry a look. "Yes."

"The last school fair was such a successful, how can this one beat it?" Kal said sarcastically.

Harry rolled his eyes, but Indianna saw him take Brooke's hand, and Brooke smiled comfortingly at Indianna. Neither of them had good memories of that day.

Indianna rubbed the back of her neck and shifted uncomfortably. The scar had been irritating her lately. She got twinges of pain. It was just another reminder of Rogue.

"Are you okay?" Ace asked quietly once conversations started around them.

Indianna forced a smile. "Yep-"

"You just flinched."

"My neck," Indianna explained.

"What's wrong?" Kimberly asked.

"Nothing. It's just my neck. It hurts slightly," Indianna said dismissively. "It's fine."

Ace frowned at Indianna, but nodded.

"How are you?" Indianna asked Ace.

"I've been better," he said honestly. Harry looked up and sent Ace a cold look.

"You're not in charge of him, stop glaring," Brooke said and stole Harry's sandwich that was on the table in front of him.

"I paid for that, babe," Harry said, raising his eyebrows at Brooke.

"And now I'm eating it," Brooke smiled.

"No." Harry snatched the sandwich back and tore it in half. "You're sharing it."

"But I'm hungry," Brooke said and Harry held the other half of the sandwich out of her reach. "Harry-"

"Eat the damn food before I take it from you," Harry said and Brooke rolled her eyes at him, but ate her half of the sandwich.

"I've got to go to the hospital later," Indianna said to Brooke. "Are you still coming with me?"

"Of course!" Brooke nodded. "We can go out for a meal after, it'll be cute!"

"Can you do anything that doesn't involve food?" Harry asked.

"Yep, I can ignore you," Brooke smiled. "What time is your appointment?"

"Four-thirty," Indianna said. "We can go straight from school."

"Is this about the baby?" Kal asked. Indianna nodded and held her stomach. The bump was starting to grow. "Why don't you just get Doc to check you out?"

"Doc is a great doctor, but I'd rather see an OB GYN," Indianna said.

"A what?" Kal asked.

"Basically a female/baby doctor," Kimberly explained and rolled her eyes.

"Why don't they just call it that?" Kal said. "It's easier."

"Calling you an idiot is simpler is easier, but we don't do that," Harry said.

"Gosh, you're super cranky recently, Harry," Kal grumbled. "You're acting like a big baby. Maybe you should go see one of those doctors-"

"You're being a right pain in the ass recently," Harry said. "Keep it up and I'll send you to the doctor."

"Harry," Brooke whispered. "Tone it down."

Harry gave Brooke a look. "I'm fine."

She raised her eyebrows. "Sure you are."

Harry gritted his teeth and shoved his half of his sandwich to Brooke; he abruptly stood up, grabbed his bag and walked out of the canteen, barging shoulders with a student.

"Seriously, what's his problem?" Kal asked.

"Something's up with him," Ace frowned and looked at Brooke. She sighed and rubbed her eyes. "What's wrong, Brooke?"

"Harry doesn't like being told what to do," Brooke said and stood up. "We're stuck in this town and he's not happy about that."

"But we've been like this for ages-"

"Something's come up," Brooke said. "He needs to get out of this town to see to it, and he can't. He's just on edge."

Indianna frowned. "What's wrong, Brooke, seriously-"

"It's his parents, isn't it?" Ace said.

Brooke paused and looked at Ace. "What do you know? I thought only Greyson knew-"

"I don't know much, but I know small details," Ace shrugged. "Harry's good at keeping things hidden."

"Yeah," Brooke sighed and grabbed her bag. "He is." Brooke looked at Indianna. "I'll meet you after school at your car, okay?"

"Okay," Indianna nodded and smiled. "I hope everything's okay."

Brooke forced a smile and rushed out of the canteen. She didn't know where Harry would be, but she just follow her instincts and found him immediately. He was leaning against a row of lockers, his hands bunched into fists. His eyes were closed and his mouth was in a thin line.

"Hey," Brooke said softly and walked up to him. She placed her hands on either side of his face. "Look at me."

Harry's eyes flicked open, his green eyes had turned dark. "I need to get out of this town."

"What's happened, Harry?" Brooke asked. "All you've told me is that you need to see them, but why? After last time you said you were never going to visit them again. What's changed?"

"They remember," Harry said through gritted teeth.

Brooke gasped softly. "What? I thought they had forgotten everything?"

"They had. They were basically living vegetables," Harry snapped. "I don't know how, but they remember. Everything."

"They remember... you?" Brooke whispered. "How do you know?"

"I had a phone call. It was my mother."

"Oh, Harry, why didn't you tell me?" Brooke said.

"I don't talk about me, babe, you should know that by now," Harry muttered. "I need to go and see them. I need to get out of this town. I'm sick of being controlled!"

"Then lets go. Has anyone actually tried to leave? We might be able to-"

"No," Harry said. "I did try."

"You did?"

"The other day. You were sleeping. I got close to the edge of town when Rogue's goons surrounded me. There was too many for me to get through."

"I'm sorry," Brooke said and her eyes lit up. "I'll try."

"Don't be stupid, I'm not letting you get hurt-"

"Think about it, Harry. I'm human. I'm harmless. Rogue is going to have his men watching the people who can cause trouble. The werewolves. All he seems to think I'm good for is being harmed, not doing the harm. He's not concerned about me, he's not going to be obsessed with watching me."

"But if you are being watched then you can get hurt-"

"Hurt, that's all," Brooke said. "I can deal with broken bones. I can deal with pain."

"No, I'm won't risk it. I won't risk you. He can easily kill you."

Brooke gulped. "He won't."

"You can't be sure."

"Oh, I can," Brooke whispered and closed her eyes. "I've begged for death around him many times. Never once did he consider it. He likes seeing the suffering he causes. He won't kill me."

"He killed Greyson, who knows what he will do-"

"He won't kill me," Brooke said surely. "He'd much rather hurt me and watch me endure the pain. I didn't see him much when he... took me. But he made it clear when I was with him. He made it clear that he was never going to put me out of my misery. And then again, when he took a-advantage of me again... I asked him why."

"You never told me this," Harry said.

"I asked him why he did this to me. Why me. He told me that death will never come to me, not when it was so much better to make me wish for death, not when it was so much better to see me suffer." Brooke took a shaky breath and blinked tears out of her eyes. "He won't kill me."

"But I'll kill him-"

"Harry," Brooke whispered. "Let me go to your parents. Let me explain. You can't say all of this over the phone."

"They are only allowed one minute phone calls," Harry sighed. "I couldn't explain over the phone, even if I wanted to."

"Let me try and leave town. Let me do this for you," Brooke said.

"If you go then you keep your mind open to me. At all times," Harry said sternly.

Brooke paled. "I... I don't think-"

"Then you're not going," Harry shrugged.

"Fine," Brooke muttered. "I'll let you in."

"For the whole time you're not with me?"

"Yes. The whole time."

"Okay, but you're not going alone."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "I'll ask Sasha to drive."

"Not her," Harry snapped. "I distinctly remember her crashing her car with you in it. And nearly killing you."

"That's was nearly two years ago!" Brooke gasped. "And you know that wasn't her fault. It was Ben's."

"I hope he isn't resting in peace," Harry growled. "He deserves to suffer in hell-"

"That's over. Don't bring up the past," Brooke said. "He's gone."

"I know he's gone. I killed him."

"Say that louder, why don't you?" Brooke snapped and looked over her shoulder. "Come on, let's get to class."

"When are you going to go?"

"This evening. I'll get Sasha to meet Indie and me for dinner and then we'll go."

"Don't tell anyone. We don't want to risk Rogue finding out."

"My lips are sealed," Brooke said and she smiled slightly. "I'm going to meet your parents. Properly this time."

"Don't speak too soon."

*

If you guys are confused about what Brooke and Harry are talking about, it will be explained later on in this book, but you can read Harry and Brooke's book (Confident) where everything mentioned here happens in that book (or will happen in future chapters of the book). So if you're interested more in Harry and Brooke's past then please check out their story ! Obviously it won't be explained in FULL detail in this book, but it will be explained enough for everyone to understand what's happened in Harry and Brooke's past. The full detail of what happens is in Harry and Brooke's book!

^ I really hope that makes sense aha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 5.2K 35
After years on the run only looking out for herself and one other, Astra must confront her worst nightmare. Not only is she now trapped by the rules...
138K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...
82.1K 5.2K 68
** 3rd book in Rogue series, can be read as stand alone but better if you read the others first*** mature language , triggers and sexual situations...
470K 11.3K 31
Rogues. They are feared. They are hated. They are killed. But some don't have a choice wether they become a rogue or not. Alpha Jacob Sterling hates...