Stay With Me || Lashton ||

By Louisgirl_228

Ashton was troubled. Luke was innocent. Running away from problems is Ashton's specialty but what happens whe... More

Stay With Me || Lashton ||
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Authors Note
40
41
42
To sequel or not to sequel?
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
40K Celebration Imagine
Honeymoon

23

6.2K 252 30
By Louisgirl_228

Ashton's POV

I was extremely angry walking into school on Monday morning. I was angry for Friday nights events but mostly I was angry at Harley and Derick. I ran late to school this morning per usual and I was in a hustle across the courtyard hoping to make it to my first hour before the tardy bell rang. Michael was writing something down in his notebook when I made it to my seat with an irritated sigh.

"Mondays aren't your thing huh Ashy?" He teased with a small laugh at his own words.

"Shut up." I grumbled and took out my own materials to get going on work.

I counted down the minutes in first period until second because I couldn't wait to see Luke. We didn't get to hang out yesterday and I already missed him. Was I really that dependent on him? Hell yes I am! He's what's happy and comfortable to me. When the bell rang at the end of class I practically sprinted down the hallway to Luke's classroom. I leaned against the wall as person after person filed out of the room and as usual Luke was the last one out. He paused and waited for me to walk beside him and I laced our fingers together.

"Morning Ash." He said with a small smile.

"Morning Luke." I smiled back and we walked slowly to geometry. We were one of the first students in the room but didn't make it past the teachers desk before he called out to us.

"Ah Luke and Ashton just who I needed to speak with." Mr. Green said, waving us over to his desk. Luke and I exchanged a quick glance of question before we stood in front of our teacher.

"What's wrong Mr. Green?" Luke questioned. I glanced over to him to see his worried face. His busted lip was between his teeth and his eyebrows were pulled together. The bruise on his cheek was getting darker every day and it was hard for me to look at it and not feel angry.

"Nothing is wrong! I was going to tell you and Ashton that his grade has improved dramatically so your tutoring must be going well." Our teacher praised and I swear we both exhaled like we had been holding our breath for days.

"Really?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes Mr. Irwin, you have a very steady B as of right now." Mr. Green said and I felt my head spinning. I didn't think that was ever possible for me.

"Good Job Ashton." Luke said, playfully hitting my shoulder. I have no idea what came over me but I wrapped Luke in a tight hug.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his shoulder. Our teacher gave us one last smile and we took our seats for class to begin.

Maybe Karen was right and things could turn around.

...

I floated through the rest of the day with my mind completely in the clouds. I've been feeling this feeling in the pit of my chest since Friday night. When we were on our way back from Calum's football match and Luke and I were the only two awake in the car. We played twenty questions and the questions were completely random but also informative. When we got completely off subject and I made Luke laugh, something within me ignited like a firework.

Is this love? Infatuation? Am I even capable of even showing love towards someone let alone feeling the damn thing. All I know is when I'm around Luke, whether he is laughing or crying I feel something. The good kind of something too not that fake shit.

I was snapped back into the present when I nearly ran into a tiny blonde freshman. I rolled my eyes at him and continued on to music class. It's still my favorite class even though it's been getting a little boring. We've been going through history of jazz which can be really boring but it's still music which I love. Our teacher keeps promising things are going to get better after Thanksgiving break, which is next week already.

Luke, Michael and I took a seat at our table and started to talk but the bell cut us off. Our teacher got our classes attention and went to start his lecture or at least that's what we thought he was going to do.

"Okay class I have some exciting news for you!" He said to grab our attention. "As you know, Thanksgiving break is next week and after we get back from that, we only have a few weeks before winter break. That is why for your midterm assignment, I'm requiring each of you to perform a song. They can be sung, played on the guitar, piano or performed however you need to perform them but each person must do an individual performance. Original are songs are not required but strongly suggested." Our teacher explained and I felt excited. I know exactly what song I'm going to do.

Ever since our night at the reservoir I've been working on a song that is nearly finished and by the time I can perform it I will make sure it's perfect. It's for Luke and how great he's going to be one of the first people to hear it. Our class was quieted by our teacher finally breaking into lecture but my brain could not be stopped. I was thinking about how I could make this song perfect.

Luke's POV

Ever since music my brain has been on overdrive. I have been writing a couple of songs but now I know which one I'm going to perfect for our midterm. It's a song I've been writing about Ashton since he first drug me to a party. It's gotta be wonderful if Ashton is going to be one of the first people to hear it.

I was on my way to his truck when I felt someone cover my eyes from behind. I began to panic but I recognized the familiar monstrous hands. I spun around to a giggling Ashton.

"What are you doing? You scared me asshole." I shoved his shoulder and he pretended it hurt him.

"I had to pee so I was just going to wait for you in here." He explained as we pushed through the double doors.

"I hope you washed your hands after you peed." I wiped my face on my sleeve and Ashton laughed loudly.

"So you work tonight?" He asked and I groaned. With the holidays coming up I had to work nearly every night this week and so did Ashton.

"I do too." He pouted and our hands somehow found their way to each other's.

We were almost to the truck when someone called out behind us. We both turned around to see a familiar girl with red hair walking towards us.

"Harley?" Ashton growled through gritted teeth.

"Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for the other night. I was drunk and upset and I should've never tried to kiss you Ashton. And Luke I'm sorry, I didn't know you were Ashton's boyfriend." She said and looked down at her tangled fingers. Ashton and I exchanged a look of understanding and then turned back to the girl.

"It's okay." We said at the same time and she snapped up to look at us.

"Truce?" She said and stuck out her hand for both of us to shake which we did.

"Truce." I said and she smiled. We said our goodbyes to her and hurried off to Ashton's truck.

The radio was quiet and so were we but the silence was comfortable. Everything with Ashton is always comfortable.

...

I finally made it home thanks to Calum and it was late. I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water but I saw Ben standing at the fridge. I was shocked to see him and a little glad even though he was here only a couple weeks ago.

"Hey baby brother, you're home late." He said closing the fridge. I don't know what came over me but I threw my arms around my big brother. Ben was always the nicest to me and reminded me most of our dad but with our age gap we weren't the closest.

"I missed you Ben." I whispered and my brother held me back tightly.

"I missed you too Lukey." I said and ran his hand through my hair before planting a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"Why are you home so early?" I asked pulling back from our hug.

"Our classes let out on Friday so instead of waiting a whole week to come home I decided to come today." He shrugged and started to rummage through the freezer and I knew what he was doing. When my dad was alive we would all sneak downstairs when our mom was asleep and have sundaes.

"Do you like it in Portland?" I asked and sat down on the counter.

"Yeah, it's a really cool city and it's a lot busier than Salem." He said and scooped some ice cream into a bowl.

"I should probably go to bed, it's a school night." I groaned.

"Does mom pull all that "lights out" shit with you still?" He stopped scooping the ice cream to look over at me and I gave him a nod.

"I think it's because of the accident." I admitted and Ben nodded knowingly.

"So how's that boyfriend of yours? What's his name?" Ben asked my heart fluttered at the thought of Ashton. I had told Ben about Ashton when he was here the last time and texted Ben about him a few times too.

"Ashton, he's good." I smiled down at my feet until Ben handed me a bowl of deliciousness and took a seat next to me on the counter.

"Is he coming over for Thanksgiving?" Ben asked with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Yes." I nodded.

"I really can't wait to meet him, the way you talk about him he sounds like a cool guy." Ben said with a smile.

"He is." I said and took a spoonful of the sundae.

"And he makes you really happy so how could I not like him?" Ben poked at my dimple and I smacked his hand away.

"Mom doesn't like him at all." I pouted.

"She's just overprotective of you Luke since the accident and all, you know she'll come around eventually." Ben said and I nodded. I hoped she could be understanding and warm up to Ashton soon before it caused problems.

"I hope so." I hopped down off the counter and placed my bowl in the sink. I yawned and watched Ben do the same with his bowl before turning to lean his back against the sink.

"So do you need a ride to school in the morning?" Ben smirked and I nodded. He told me he'd drive me to school and I hurried up to my room.

Ice cream with Ben was the most family bonding I've had since my dad died and I really enjoyed it. All I could think about until I fell asleep was Ashton, as if that was anything new.

>>>>
Probably shorter than you wanted but I am going to do a double today

So I will add another chapter tonight

I love the brotherly love here :)

Until I update again :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 843 23
Ashton + Luke ~ Things happen for a reason...right? Everything has a cause, right? Right. Or...maybe not? ~ [Trigger warning: graphic scenes and dep...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...
754 36 16
A story in which a girl meets some boys and falls madly in love. However, she has a secret. [ COMPLETED ] Copyright 2015©Starlightjwd
170K 10.2K 75
No one knows who Luke is anymore, and he's not sure either. However, when he's placed in a psychiatric ward for having anorexia his life begins to un...