Broken Pieces {E.D.}

By ddolantwins847

Autumn Kingg, an 18 year old senior, goes to a party and realizes that people see right through her, through... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
PLEASE READ
SEQUEL

23

8.7K 168 149
By ddolantwins847

Ethans POV:

I looked at Autumn and I saw nothing but fear and nerves in her eyes.

That look completly breaks my heart.

She didn't want to deal with them. Neither did I.

"Why are they here?"

Alice gave me a 'wtf' look. "If I knew I'd tell you." She snapped.

I wasn't going to take her little bit of aggression too seriously, I know she's just worried for Autumn.

Grayson shook his head. "We have to just avoid them."

I nodded, but I knew that wouldn't be easy.

Cassidy was up my ass after we broke up. She was so mad, she yelled at me for a week when she would see me, then called me everyday straight for a month and a half.

I stayed friends with Jack before I started to change my terrible habits, he didn't want to change with me, so I let him go from my friendship group.

It didn't bother me. I didn't miss either of them.

I had great friends now.

I have Autumn, she's all I need.

I needed to protect her.

Autumns POV:

"We just have to avoid them." Grayson said, as if that'd be something easy.

Jack found me at the in-and-out in California. He's going to find me here.

Why else we he be here other than to destroy what Ethan has that's good right now.

Sometimes peoples bitter and sad lives lead to the destruction of others.

I didn't want that to happen to Ethan, Grayson, anybody, and me.

I was nervous, I was scared. I didn't want somebody coming after me to try to mess up my life. 

My life was already a mess at home and now I have to come to school and have shit here too.

Solid.

"Hey." Ethan wrapped his arms around me, "I'm going to protect you, alright? I won't let them even breathe near you."

I nodded. "Okay." I kissed his chin.

It was sweet of him to say that, but he couldn't control what they were going to do or when they would come up to me.

As we went in I went to my locker, Ethan walking with me. "Don't you have to go to your locker?" I asked him as I opened mine, grabbing my bag I left here over break.

"No." His eyes were scanning the hall for them.

In this moment, he felt less like a boyfriend and more like a bodyguard.

"If they come up to me, I can handle it." I wrapped my arms around his bicep. "I promise."

He nodded as he glanced down at me, but the doubt in his eyes was so prevelant.

I know he knows more about these people then I do, and he knows what they're capable of, but I don't want to worry too much. I think I'll be okay.

It's nice he cares, but I don't want him taking all the extra stress of them because they're coming at me.

As we made our way to class, he dropped me at my first period. His was two doors down.

"I'll wait for you." He kissed me softly, quickly, before he made his way two doors down.

I smiled to myself, my cheeks slightly heating as I sat down in my desk.

Dylan came in and smiled, sitting in his assigned seat infront of me. "Hey girl!" He patted my head. "I haven't seen them. I think we're clear."

I nodded and pulled my notebook out. "Honestly," I set my pens out. "I'm not worried. I trust Ethan. I'm not going to let them get to me."

Dylan gave me a soft smile before placing his hand on mine. "Please don't let them." 

-

As the day went on, it was a constant drag. Coming back to school after a long and fun break is the worst. It didn't help with all the extra drama either.

Everytime I saw Ethan, he looked stressed, his eyes constantly scanning the halls, class, anywhere.

They were like ghosts.

I made my way to my locker, exchanging what I needed to take home with what I could put away. I was glad to leave. This early release was really a lifesaver.

As I made my way to Ethans car to meet him there, I was starting to doubt Alice. Maybe she didn't see them.

Maybe she saw look alikes.

I just don't see how we could've missed them after watching all day.

I leaned against Ethans car pulling out my phone. I wanted to tell Jules. I was going to tell Ethan too, but in person. I know he'll try to fight it and I'm not doing that over text.

Me: Julesy I'm starting to think Alice didn't see them. How could we have missed them all day? Ethans been watching nonstop

I opened up my snapchat as I heard footsteps coming to the car.

Finally, Ethan was taking forever.

He actually wasn't, I was just ready to get out of school and spend time with him where he wasn't stressing.

I looked up and instead of being met with Ethans beautiful hazel eyes, I was met with blue ones with curly hair attached.

Instantly, all my thoughts of Alice being wrong were wrong.

Jack was right infront of me, intimidating as ever.

"Hey!" He walked closer to me.

I was leaned on Ethans car I had no escape.

"Uh...Hi?" I didn't want to be rude or piss him off.

"Have you met Cassidy?" He smiled and waved the girl, who I'm assuming is Cassidy, over.

She had long auburn hair with the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen. She was average height and absolutly stunning. Her nails were beautifully done and her makeup flawless.

It was kind of a stab in the chest. Seeing somebody as beautiful as her being an ex to Ethan wasn't easy.

"No. I hadn't." I said flatly.

Cassidy made her way over. "You must be Ethans friend!" She stuck her hand out.

I just glared down at it before looking up at her. "His girlfriend." I corrected.

"For now." She took her hand away. "I know how he can be. Tell you how great you are and then dump you like it was nothing."

"Well sometimes people change and realize they don't want to date a bitch anymore."

The words left my mouth before I could even think of them.

I don't know what came over me. I've never stood up for myself, let alone anybody else. I was too quiet, too shy for my own good.

Not with her.

Everyone always walks all over me. I go home to deal with arguements between my parents, I wasn't dealing with her and them. No thanks. I didn't want this extra stress. I had to make a stand.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when Cassidy connects her hand with my cheek in a hard slap.

My head whipped to the side doors, to where I saw Ethan opening them, Grayson by his side.

Both their heads were down, lips moving in a small conversation.

I reached up and carefully cupped my cheek. "Dumb bitch." I muttered as I sniffed the tears away from the pain.

When Grayson looked up, his eyes met mine and he wacked Ethan causing him to look up.

Ethan saw and both of their paces picked up running over.

"What happened?" Grayson came and stood between Jack and I.

Ethan stood between Cassidy and I. "It's best you both just leave." He reached his arms behind him to hold me behind him.

"So protective." Cassidy rolled her eyes. "He was like that with me Autumn. You aren't special."

"Okay, but I wasn't with you." Ethan snapped. "Our relationship was based on our dumbass decisions and nothing else. Get over it! Get a life!"

"Okay." Grayson looked at Ethan. "Enough."

I looked at Grayson, his eyes were glossed over with concern. He didn't want to see Ethan snap, and neither did I.

"C'mon." Ethan opened his passanger door and pushed me in, shutting the door quickly.

He looked at Cassidy. "You need to leave Autumn alone, me alone, Grayson, everybody- just leave us alone." He said lowly. "And you." He looked at Jack. "I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but you need to get a better life before even considering coming back into mine." He smacked Graysons arm lightly. "Let's go." He went to the drivers side door and got in.

He ran his hands through his hair a couple of times, slightly pulling on the ends. "I'm sorry." He whispered. His hand softly brushed against my now red cheek. "We'll go home and get ice Princess."

"This isn't over!" I heard Jack yell as he walked away from the car.

Ethan looked out the window at both Jack and Cassidy walking away then looked back to me.

He looked angry, sad, betrayed, so many hurt emotions.

His eyes had bigger cracks of broken that shone through.

"It's okay. We're going to be okay. Nothing will ever take me away from you Ethan." I rubbed his arm softly. "I promise."

He reached down grabbing my arm, his lips connecting carefully to the soft skin of my hand. He held them there, his eyes closed. "I love you." He murmmured against my hand.

"I love you too." I leaned over and kissed him softly.

I pulled back as Grayson got in the car. He shifted into the middle and poked his head forward, inbetween us. "Well now what?"

Ethan drove us to his house and we all went inside.

Grayson grabbed us all a waterbottle once we got into the kitchen. "I can't believe Jack and Cassidy are here to ruin everything." He leaned against the counter.

I sat up on the kitchen island and watched Ethan go to the freezer.

He wrapped a bag of frozen peas in a towel. "Here." He placed them softly against my cheek and held it.

I winced at the soft pain that jolted through.

"It's okay love." He cooed softly, his other hand pushing the hair behind my ear. "Autumn I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"It's not your fault." I pressed my forehead softly to his.

"It is. If I wasn't stupid when I was younger,"

"Ethan." I stopped him. "You didn't know any of this would happen. You couldn't control that. You are the true you now and all that matters is that."

Grayson nodded in agreement. "We'll handle it." He put his hand on Ethans shoulder.

Ethan nodded and shifted the ice on my cheek.

"It doesn't hurt that bad." I lied.

"It's purpling Autumn." He sighed. "I know it hurts. I can see physical pain mixed with the mental pain in your eyes."

I looked down at him. His one hand was rested softly on my thigh.

"I'm going to order a pizza." Grayson looked at us. "Hawainn?"

"Yes." Ethan and I said in unison and I couldn't help but giggle.

Ethan gave me a soft smile. "Your giggle is music to my ears." He whispered and kissed me.

I smiled softly on his lips, "I'm lucky to have you."

"And I you." He picked me up off the island. "Let's go watch some tv until the pizza gets here."

I nodded and laid my head in Ethans lap.

"Grayson!" He yelled.

Grayson came down the stairs in red track pants and a white t-shirt.

"Chill with us."

Grayson smiled and sat back in the big recliner. "You guys are cute."

Ethan smiled, his hands playing with my hair. "She's the reason we're cute."

"Yeah cause you ain't." Grayson laughed.

Ethan shot him a look. "We look the same assclown."

I smiled and watched their playful sibling banter.

The love I have for them is incredible. They're two of my best friends.

A world without them in it doesn't seem possible now. Now that I have them, I don't ever want to lose them.

Jack and Cassidy can try all they want, but I won't let anything get in the way of me and either one of the twins.

I had to channel my inner strength.

To be able to stand up for myself, be strong when she tries to bring me down.

It may not be easy, but nothing is.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Ethan looked down at me. His hazel eyes shining softly.

"How much I love you."

He smiled and twirled my hair around his fingers. "Well I just so happen to love you too. Very much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 34 45
Her and her friends were moving to new jersey! Her neighbors are twins. Summer, one of her best friends, falls in love with the Ethan Dolan. Grayson...
1.5K 95 37
Olivia has lost everyone that she has ever cared about most in the world... Until she meets Ethan. Will Ethan and Olivia team up to survive the end o...
6.4K 33 60
Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter. But if it is real, it will never be over, right?! Is Ethan Dolan really the one fo...
611K 9.8K 39
17 year old Anna is in her final year of school, and it's her hell. At least she has her best friends, Ethan and Grayson Dolan to help her through it...