Experience A New Life || Klau...

By NicholasFlamelFan

Angel Potter was in the graveyard fighting Lord Voldemort during the Triwizard Tournament when their spells h... More

Prologue
Found
Meeting the Gilberts
Settling In
New Family Member
Funeral
1x01 Pilot
1x02 Night of the Comet
1x03 Friday Night Bites
1x04 Family Ties
1x06 Lost Girls
1x07 Haunted
1x08 162 Candles
Aftermath
1x09 History Repeating
1x10 The Turning Point
1x12 Unpleasantville
1x13 Children of the Damned
1x14 Fool Me Once
New York
1x20 Blood Brothers
1x21 Isobel
1x22 Founders Day
2x01 The Return
With Klaus
2x04 Memory Lane
2x05 Kill or Be Killed
2x06 Plan B
2x07 Masquerade
New York: The Sequel Part One
New York: The Sequel Part Two
Back Home
2x12 The Descent
2x13 Daddy Issues
2x14 Crying Wolf
2x15 The Dinner Party
2x16 The House Guest
A Way to Survival
Das Treffen der Magier
The Ritual
Staircase of Changes
Family Bonding
The Original Witch
Mistress of Death
Epilogue
Preview of the Sequel and Information
SEQUEL

2x02 Brave New World

23.4K 660 25
By NicholasFlamelFan

I was sitting in the Lockwoods' living room along with Damon and Carol. Today was the day of the carnival or something and after a few periods, we were left to the preparations. Of course, me being who I was immediately escaped.

"So I understand John Gilbert left town," Carol said, looking at me for a moment "Have they found the vampire that attacked him?"

Damon shrugged "Well, the sheriff has asked me to take the lead on that and I promise you I will get to the bottom of it."

"Which brings me to my next subject," the newly widowed woman sighed "With Richard gone, I'll be acting as interim mayor until the elections and I'm going to need someone to spearhead out the council. I'd take that person to be you."

"Whatever you need, Carol," the vampire bowed his head "As a founding family member it's something that's very close to me, so I would be honoured to help keep this town safe from vampires. And since Angel is here, maybe we should discuss adding her to the council at least part-time."

I looked up in surprise "What?"

Damon put an arm around my shoulders "Well, with what happened with Vicki, Fell and the tomb vampires, I think you have earned a space there. Don't you agree, Carol?"

"I'm not sure," the older woman hesitated "She is only a child after all."

"I'm not a child," I disagreed "I might be younger but that doesn't mean that I don't know about the monsters that live in the world. If you don't want me to be on the Council, I won't." I stopped talking when I heard Mason and Tyler falling through the front door after exercising. Carol immediately stood up and closed the door of the living room.

"Is it safe to talk?" Damon tilted his head.

Carol sighed "It's my brother-in-law, Mason. He's still visiting. I just don't want him to hear us. He didn't want any part of the Council when he lived here and I see no reason to bring him into it now." Damon spaced out slightly, probably listening in on the conversation outside "More tea? Damon?"

"Oh, yes, please," the vampire startled "Thank you, Carol."

I shook my head "No thanks. If that was everything, I should probably..."

"No, wait," the older woman interrupted "There's something I need your help with. Richard had these notes on the device and his plan with your uncle. Could you do me a favour and look through them, see if you find anything of note?"

"What exactly would I be looking for?" I frowned.

She ran a hand through her hair "Anything about the vampires in the tomb and the town. I would do it myself but there's so much I have to do now... Additionally, it would keep you away from the carnival."

I laughed "You know what to say to me, don't you?"

"Maybe," she smiled "You know that you can't avoid all of the important days in this town? I won't let you, not now that you are one of the more renowned people in this town."

I groaned "Really? Oh well, as long as you're aware that I will still try. Where are the notes?"

"In the safe. I'll open it for you," she told me, getting up "I will be right back, Damon."

"Don't worry about it, Carol," the vampire waved off.

Mrs. Lockwood lead me to her late husband's office and opened the safe for me "I trust you, Angel. Please only look at the documents that I asked you to."

"I promise, Carol. I do have to look them over though, just to see whether they have anything to do with it," I told her worriedly.

"That's alright. As long as you're discreet about what you learn but I doubt you would tell anyone. That's why you're the candidate I chose," she smiled, patting my shoulder "I'll leave you now. Just close the safe once you're done and tell me if you find anything."

I nodded, kneeling down to shuffle through the papers, Hero laying down next to me. There was something weird, something felt... magical. Not the normal kind of magical either. I couldn't really sense Bonnie being a witch because they technically didn't have magic. They only channeled nature's power and used that to do their bidding. Once they enchanted someone or something though, I should be able to feel it. The same way I could sense vampires. As far as I knew they were created by nature magic and as such, they still had that spark of power in them... This was different though, more powerful. I swiped the papers to the side and picked up the oval white stone... Moonstone? Why would someone enchant a moonstone? I glanced around and slipped it into my pocket. Usually, I wouldn't steal it but it was obvious that it didn't belong in the Lockwoods' possession.

After that was taken care of, I turned my attention back to the papers, reading through them as quickly as I could. There weren't many of the actual vampires, just listing the ones that were known to the town by name and the ones they thought were roaming the streets. From what I could tell, most – if not all – of them were dead. All except for Katherine Pierce who hadn't been in the tomb at all. Judging by these notes, she compelled or bribed a guard to let her go. I made some notes of my own, leaving out the things about Katherine, just because I was sure Damon didn't want the Council to know about her.

It had taken me over an hour to get through this and just when I was finishing up, Mason entered the room. I closed the safe and stood up to face him "Hey Mason."

"Oh, Angel," he startled "I didn't know anyone would be in here."

I shrugged "Carol wanted me to check something since she was busy with the mayoral duties. I'm done now though. Sorry about this."

"No, no," he shook his head "Don't apologize."

"Anyway, I should look for Carol now. I'll see you around." I picked up my notes and waved, sliding through the gap in the door.

It didn't take me long to find the older woman and tell her about what I found. It wasn't good news but at it's something. The vampires that escaped from the tomb were either long gone or they were dead now. The most important thing was if there were any more vampires than the ones that were burned by Uncle John. Well, the most important thing for the Council in any case.

"Thank you for your help, Angel," Carol hugged me "I appreciate it."

"No problem," I told her politely, exiting the house with Hero at my heels.

A few hours later, despite my many protests, Damon dragged me to the carnival to spy on Mason. He was so sure that the Lockwoods weren't human and maybe they weren't. Whatever they were though, I couldn't sense it...

Anyway, I was standing with the older Salvatore, looking at Tyler arm wrestling a freshman from the football team.

"You're lurking," Stefan murmured, popping up behind us.

Damon barely reacted while I jumped a bit, Hero growling at the other guy "I'm observing."

"More like obsessing," his brother sighed.

"He's got strength," Damon pointed out after Tyler won.

Stefan rolled his eyes "He's a triple letter varsity athlete, of course, he has strength. You're reaching."

Mason arrived, challenging his nephew to a match "I bet I can take you."

"Enter the uncle," my vampire friend remarked gleefully.

"That's ridiculous," Stefan grumbled but stayed behind us anyway.

There was a bit of toying on Mason's part but a few minutes later, he beat Tyler easily. My classmate clapped "Okay, he's the champ, who wants to go next?"

Damon smirked "Stefan wants to go."

His younger brother glared at him but sighed in defeat "Yeah, sure, I'll... give it a shot." He walked up to join Mason at the table.

"Get him Stef!" Damon called out as they started arm wrestling, both puffing under hard pressure. A few minutes later, Mason beat him and Stefan walked back towards us in a daze. Damon hit his arms angrily "You didn't put in any effort at all."

I put an arm on the older brother's shoulder "Look at him," I admonished "It's obvious he did. What the hell are they?"

Damon blinked in surprise "Come with me." He pulled us both along and into the hallway "Is he...?"

"No, no," Stefan shook his head "It wasn't that kind of strength but it was more than Human if that makes any sense."

Damon hit the wall "What is up with that family? They're not vampires, what the hell are they?"

Stefan glanced at me in amusement and I shrugged "Oh, ah, maybe they're, um, ninja turtles." I snorted at that ridiculous idea. I remembered that show. Jay always watched it when we were younger and he forced me to join him more often than not.

"You're not funny," Damon glared.

"Or no," Stefan corrected "Zombies, werewolves."

I jerked slightly "Actually... Now that you mention it, werewolves are a possibility. It would fit. Why Mayor Lockwood reacted to the device, the strength, Tyler's anger issues."

"No comedic timing at all," the older vampire sighed, turning his head to see a carnival worker repairing something.

Stefan's grin fell "What? What are you up to?"

"This is reality and there's no such thing as werewolves or... combat turtles."

"Ninja Turtles," I corrected automatically "And if you're going to compel him, I'll leave. Best if I don't know anything. Hey, anyone know where my brother is?"

Damon barely looked at me "I saw him buy popcorn earlier but I don't know."

"Fine," I sighed "I'll find him. See you." I walked around the carnival looking for my brother who apparently was nowhere to be found. Great! I wanted to try and shield him against compulsion but maybe that was better to try around Anna. Then we could test it as well. If it worked, Jenna would be the next one I would shield.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I heard the guy from before, Carter or something, called out. I turned to see him approaching Caroline who was cowering away from him.

"I'm so sorry," the blonde mumbled.

Carter frowned "What?" Caroline rushed over behind him and bit him twice, throwing him back to drink his blood.

"Shit," I breathed, throwing out my magic to get her off of the guy. It worked, snapping her out of her bloodlust at the same time. Carter was still bleeding on the floor and I ran over, pressing my fingers to the wound on his neck. I could feel him slipping but there was nothing I could do. Magic could only heal those who were either nature witches or magicals. The magic couldn't really grip on Humans "Come on, don't do that..." Caroline came over to me, crying. She was about to say something when Damon arrived and I let go of Carter's neck "He's dead."

"I killed him," the blonde sobbed "What's wrong with me?"

Damon looked at me and I nodded "Hey, hey it's okay," he murmured, embracing her "I can help you."

"You can?" Caroline sniffed.

Damon nodded, pulling out a stake "Yeah, I have to."

"No," I told him "Don't. She can get used to this, Damon."

"I thought you didn't like her," he shot back "Why would you care if she survived?"

I shrugged "Because I have a heart. You know me, Damon. Please, just try to get her adjusted. I think we can all agree that if she continues to kill, there's something we have to do."

"Thank you, Angel," Caroline spoke up quietly "I really am sorry, you know?"

"I know," I smiled a bit "It doesn't change the fact that you treated me like shit but I have already forgiven you for it."

Damon looked up "Stefan," he exclaimed.

Caroline whimpered when she saw Elena "Get away from me! You killed me."

"No, no, no, no, Caroline," Elena shook her head "That wasn't me. You know that. That was Katherine."

"No," the blonde cried out "Then why did she look like you?! And why, why did she do this to me?"

Elena turned to her boyfriend "Stefan, we've got to get her inside."

"It's okay Caroline," Stefan soothed "Come with me. Angel, I think you should leave now."

I frowned "Why should I?"

"Because it's none of your business," my sister sneered "Caroline is my friend. Not yours, so leave."

I rolled my eyes at her "Okay, fine. I'm gone... Bye Damon... Again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485 17 19
Haley Potter returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, where the Triwizard Tournament is soon due to begin. Students must be over seventeen to enter...
116K 3.2K 37
❝EVERYBODY WONDERS WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO LOVE YOU, WALK PAST, QUICK BRUSH❞ Birdie Potter wanted a peaceful year at Hogwarts after the chaotic prev...
592 13 1
Volturi are coming, they hunted for all the witnesses they could find. Though an unexpected guest shows up to help, just what is going to happen and...
Call Me Em By Liz

Fanfiction

136K 6.8K 28
Book Two of the Call Me Series Embry is ready to return to Hogwarts for her sixth year as her life finally seems to be coming together. With the boyf...