A Slice of Love

By Juls131415

Olive Halls needs a job. So why not work at the famous Pizza Star? Oh did I mention there's a hot guy that wo... More

A Slice of Love
Training
First Day
First Date
Just Another Day at Work
Opening up
Hanging Out
Maria Lily
Hitting The Clubs
The plan with a twist
A Little Secret
Girls Day, Guys at Night
Going Downhill
Her Wish
The Bet
Best friends and Walmart
School Starts
First Day Drama
Hanging Out...Alone.
A Surprise
Rumor Has It...Maria's back.
The Collapse
How To Say What Needs To Be Said
I Quit
Leaving You
Running to You
The End.

A Day With Matt

8.9K 257 24
By Juls131415

I don't like mornings. Okay that's an understatement. I hate mornings. I hate them with every bit of my soul. I mean who the hell was like "you know what I'm going to piss everyone off by making the sun extremely bright and annoying" now you tell me who that is, and I promise you they'll be dead by tomorrow. Yep it's on. I rolled out of my bed, and no I don't mean rolling out of bed and getting up...I mean literally rolling out of bed to land on the floor with a thump.

"Ow. That was a better idea in my head." I say, rubbing my side that connected with the floor. My door opens and my Aunt looks at me on the ground.

"Um Olive what are you doing on the ground?" She asks me, looking confused.

"Aunt Lisa, no offense but that is a very stupid question." I say and she chuckles at me.

"I making strawberry banana pancakes. Come down when you are done." She says and I nod weakly. After a few minutes after the pain goes away. I get up, wash my face and brush my teeth. I glance at my phone and see no new messages and I frown. Man am I really being that girl who obsesses over a guy? I shake my head and hop down stairs to get some pancakes. I grab a plate of pancakes and start shoving pancakes in my mouth as if I haven't eaten in days. When I'm finished, there's a knock on the door. Then I stop going up the stairs and turn to see a familiar green eyes looking through the window next to our door. Matt's here? Shit! Why's he here?

"Aunt Lisa answer the door! It's Matt! I need to change!" I scream as I run into my room. My Aunt chuckles and I rush into my room. I shut the door and change into blue shorts and a light pink crop top. I then run a brush through my hair. I quickly tie it in a bun and add some makeup to my face. When I'm finished I check my phone clock and I realize it only took 8 minutes to get ready. I hop down the stairs and see my Aunt talking to Matt in the living room. "Um hi." I say walking in. My Aunt jumps up.

"I have to run to the store. See you two later!" She says grabbing her purse and giving a quick wave. "Bye now! Nice meeting you Matt!" She says and runs out the door. I turn to Matt and he has a smirk on his face.

"What was that about?" I ask and his smirk spreads.

"Your Aunt was telling me some embarrassing stories of you as a kid." He says and my eyes widen. Crap! Note to self, never trust Aunt Lisa alone with a guy ever again!

"Crap. What'd she say?" I ask looking pretty scared on what she told him.

"She told me how you thought you saw your dad at an amusement park and ran over to him and kissed the guy on the cheek and followed the guy around all day until your aunt found you and had to tell you it wasn't true." He said, and my face turned bright red.

"Honest mistake!" I say and Matt grins, getting up from where he was sitting on the couch.

"Aww is little Oli blushing?" He asks me, looking like he was enjoying every moment of this. I looked at the floor and shook my head. "I think you are Oli." He says, putting his finger under my chin, making me look at him. He has a twinkle of amusement in his eyes, and I'm having a hard time looking away.

"Shut up." I try to say forcefully but it comes out more breathless then anything. Matt smirked at me and put a hand on the small of my back, making me bite my lip. Matt glanced down at my lips and that's when I pulled away. "No." I say and back away from him.

"What?" He asks me, frowning and moving one step closer with everyone I take back. By the time I'm up against the wall, Matt has zeroed his eyes in on me.

"Matt we can't." I say and he frowns.

"What are you worried about Olive." He says and I look at him, wanting so much to not like him. I don't want him to do this to me. I don't want to be that girl. Love won't last. I can't do this. I can't be like my parents. I just can't. This can't- I was cut off. My thoughts have disappeared from my head. Why is that you ask? Matt. I sucked in a breath as I felt Matt begin kissing my neck. Oh shit this is amazing. What am I doing? Oh hell what's Matt doing? I shut my eyes. I can't fight it anymore. I relaxed as I felt one of his hands hold onto my hips and one on to the back of my head, tangling in my hair. I bit my lip as I felt him begin sucking on my neck. Shit. I shouldn't be enjoying this! But you are so shut the hell up! I let out a moan and I felt Matt grin against my skin. No. Yes. No. Yes. I don't know what to do! I want this but I don't think I can have it. I don't think I should have it. Matt kissed up my neck and along my jaw line. He pulls away suddenly and I whimper. Matt grins.

"Shit." I mumble under my breath but Matt hears me.

"Oli you're into me. Just admit it." He says and I compose myself.

"Nope." I say, going around him. "Why did you come here anyway?" I ask changing the subject. Matt sighs but answers my question.

"We're hanging out today remember?" He asks me and I nod reluctantly. "Good let's go!" He says grabbing my hand, pulling me out the door. He pushed me into the passenger's seat. What happened to chivalry? He got into the driver's seat and he began driving. I turned on the radio to put on Misery by Maroon 5.

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" I scream and Matt gives me a weird look but I can see that he's grinning at me. We suddenly stop outside of a mini golf course I snort. Matt raises an eyebrow at me and i shrug. "Common date place. Very typical." I say and Matt suddenly grins at me.

"So this is a date?" He asks me and I choke on my own spit.

"Err...uh...maybe?" I ask and Matt grins. He gets out of the car and then runs to my side and opens the door. "Well in that case, my lady." He says bowing his head as if I were a princess. I bite my lip and we walk over to the entrance of the mini golf course. Matt pays and we grab a golf ball and the golf club. We go to the first course and by the 10th hole out of 12, I'm losing. Not by a little either. I'm at about 70 and Matt's at 24. Yeah to say that I suck at mini golf would be an understatement. I groan once we move to the next hole.

"I hate this! I suck at mini golf!" I say, pouting. Matt smiles.

"Let me help you Oli." He says. Dang it, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. I begin to line up to the put when Matt comes behind me, putting his hands over mine, with the rest of his body flush against mine. I feel tingles shooting through me. Does he feel that too? Matt slowly moves the golf club and my ball goes straight in.

"Oh my god!" I say suddenly, wrapping my arms around his neck, jumping up and down. "I did it!" I say and I feel Matt put his hands on my back. I stop and look at him. He looks at me with a happy smile. I grin back at him. "Thanks Matty." I say and he groans suddenly.

"You had to call me Matty?" He asks and I grin and nod eagerly. We finish the game and the score is 75-32. Yeah I suck. Matt was great though. He didn't gloat like most guys would've. Then he walked me across the street to get some ice cream. I got a vanilla soft serve in a cup with rainbow sprinkles like Matt but he got chocolate sprinkles. We were currently debating over the types of sprinkles.

"Chocolate sprinkles are gross!" I said and Matt shook his head.

"What do you have against chocolate sprinkles? What have they ever done to you?" Matt asks me seriously. I giggle. Wait giggle? Forget that, I must win this argument!

"They're gross! That's what I have against them!" I say, shoving a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth for good measure.

"Well rainbow sprinkles are for kids!" Matt says suddenly and I gasp dramatically.

"TAKE THAT BACK!" I say and Matt laughs evilly.

"Never!" Matt exclaims and I'm about to say something back when his phone rings. "Sorry, let me check who this is." He says and his face pales slightly when he looks at his phone. He puts the phone to his ear and gulps. "Hi Dad." He says and I raise my eyebrows. That's not good. "Yes. Okay. Uh yeah, but I was kinda doing something-" He stops when there's a response on the other end. "No of course not. I'm sorry. I know. Okay I will. Bye." He says and sighs looking at me. "I have to go to Pizza Star. I'm sorry Oli." He says and I shake my head.

"It's fine."

"I'll drop you home." Matt says but I stop him as we're getting in his car.

"No I'll come with you. We can continue the date after." I say and he weakly nods. Not even mentioning that I called it a date. We arrive at Pizza Star and Matt tells me to stay in the car and I nod. I sit there, listening to the radio, but I'm so bored. I'll just check and see what's keeping him. I get out of the car and walk into Pizza Star to hear Matt and his dad arguing from the kitchen. I duck behind a table, not wanting his dad to see me.

"Where were you? Why won't you tell me?" His dad yells at Matt.

"I was out with a friend! Come on dad, I answered my phone and I came, why does it matter?" Matt yells back, which surprises me because I've never seen Matt angry before.

"Your focus should be on this restaurant. Not some friend." His dad says, crossing his arms over his chest. I hadn't payed attention to the 'wet floor sign' and slipped suddenly, groaning in pain.

"Ouch." I say and both their heads swivel to mine. Oh shit. That's not good. "Uh hi?" I ask and his dad glares at me before turning  back to Matt.

"Rule number one. Never get involved with employees. And what did you do Matthew?" He asks pausing. "You got involved. I bet you're dating now, right?" He said, looking at me with disgust. "I told you to find a girl who had money and something to offer us. You got some girl that can barely stand on her own two feet, who's probably living in a little shack. Jesus Christ Matthew! Do you listen to me at all?" His father spat at Matt. My eyes widen as I look at Matt. He looks like he's trembling. I can't see his face, so I don't know if he's mad or sad.

"I have listened to you. But you don't listen to me." Matt said so low it came out as a growl.

"You get here when I tell you. If she gets in the way, she's fired and so will Al." He says, in a sharp tone before pushing out the door, not even glancing back. I slowly get up and look at Matt cautiously.

"Matt?"I ask slowly and he turns to look at me.

"You're right." He says and I frown.

"I'm right?" I ask.

"You can't date me. We can't do it because of my father." Matt says lowly. "Are you happy? I won't bother you anymore." He says and my mouth opens slightly.

"Matty, wait no. I don't feel that way. I-" I try to say but Matt sighs.

"I need to think Olive." He says, saying my whole name. My heart cracks and my bottom lip trembles. I walk in front of Matt and take his chin and make him look at me.

"What do you need to think about?" I ask, my voice breaking a little.

"I need to think about if love is worth losing everything." He says and I look at him in surprise.

"Love?" I ask and he nods.

"Oli, if I can be with you, I need to think of Al. I can't be selfish. I need to figure it all out...until then though..."  He says taking my hands and kissing them lightly. "I want you to have this." He says, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. To say that I was freaking out was understatement. This was amazing. It was pure bliss. Anything and everything disappears as I push my lips against Matt's. He pulls away, slipping something into my hands as he slowly backs away from me, giving me a small smile, before jogging back to his car, and driving away. I look at what's in my hands and see he had placed a small box in my hands. On top was a card that said

'Open when I tell you.' I frown. He didn't tell me to open it, so I got in my car and luckily brought my keys so I could drive home.

It was now 12:23 according to my clock. I hadn't been able to sleep and I sighed. Then my phone vibrated. I took it in my hands and saw it was from Matt.

'Open it now.' It said and I put my phone down, and replaced it with the box. I opened it and noticed it was a silver ring that turns into a heart at the top. I looked at it with amazement. This was for me? Then there was a folded note in it. I read it aloud.

Dear Oli,

I knew when you walked in to Pizza Star with your cocky smile and attitude that I'd have a hard time not falling for you. This is me telling you that for some reason I can't be with you. I currently am probably being an idiot or an asshole and I have to say you are the reason I even work at Pizza Star. So I can see your beautiful face every day. I'm hoping by now I've finally been able to kiss you. You've been reluctant and I know that. I know it sucks but we need to act like there is nothing going on between us. I hope you can understand that. I love you. Just as it says on the ring.

Love

Matty

I look at my ring and notice that there are the three letters- ILY printed in the bottom of the ring. I touch my face and realize I'm crying. I've officially fallen for my boss...and I think I just lost him too.

Awww! Good chapter? Comment and Vote! Thanks! Love you all! Ring is on the side by the way! And the song for the chapter. Kay bye!

~Juls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 16.6K 33
[ Highest Rank: #64 in Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #191 in Random ] (i'm currently re-editing this, so i'm sorry if it's messy) When Danielle's mo...
1.4M 36.4K 29
Amaya Rose. she is sweet and also very good at baking. she ignores her attraction for him because she doesn't know who he is, all she knows is that h...
2.3M 54.7K 55
This was one of the first stories I wrote, read at your own risk :') "Oh don't act so innocent. I know you did this" I snap at him. "Yea so? You got...
62.9K 1.6K 33
⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is but I know I can't concern myself with it...