Strange Ones: Volume 3

By Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... More

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

As Heard Through The Door...

23 1 0
By Diamondheart37

"I honestly can't believe you dragged me here." Weiss said with both her arms crossed.

"Come on, princess." Bendy rolled his eyes. "We'll be only hearing what that Romeo has to say to the boss and we'll go back to the others after that."

"Isn't that..." She put a hand on her chin. "What's the word? Eavesdropping?"

"To you. I'm just going to make some mental notes as their conversation progresses."

"And how much are you going to make?"

"Hmph. Who knows?" Bendy pressed his ear against the door. "Why don't you listen as well?"

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, Weiss approached the door and placed the side of her head on the door. Both are ready to hear what this newcomer known as Romeo has to say to Asgore.

"So," Asgore's voice was heard through the door. "What did you bring me here for?"

"Mr. Dreemurr," Romeo's voice was heard as well. "I wanted to converse with you in private about the future of both humans and Strange Ones."

"I see. But, why couldn't my wife be a part of this as well?"

"I only wanted to have a word with you and no one else. Mrs. Dreemurr cannot hear about this."

"Okay, if you absolutely insist." Asgore nodded, from what Bendy could sense. He had a strong, but rare ability that detected any source of body movement from far distances or through solid surfaces. It didn't really make any sense, but he knew it was only an instinct to him.

"Anyway," Romeo cleared his throat. "I heard that the Delta Heroes Academy had positive reviews from those other executives. Teachers made the school's learning system extraordinary, children are learning to be strong and cooperative, and I can see the future of heroes in our world."

"Well," Asgore chuckled. "The school was only a suggestion by one of our members. It was not my idea. But, at least we're trying our best to make this school fit into the world."

"And I wonder who came up with that idea." Weiss whispered, getting a shush from Bendy.

"So, you wanted to talk about the future of humans and Strange Ones, correct?"

"Absolutely." Romeo nodded. "As we all know, us Strange Ones have been coexisting with humans for six months because of those five juvenile humans who came to our former home a while back."

"Yes, but..."

"Would you, Mr. Dreemurr, think that the only thing this world needs is a savior? Or a god?"

Asgore softly laughed. "What's the point of being a god if you know that is impossible?"

"So, the part about being a god is not in your vocabulary, I see. You are a wise Monster, Mr. Dreemurr." Romeo grinned.

Meanwhile, Weiss was starting to feel a wave of suspicion crash onto her as this conversation progressed. She was starting to have the feeling that Romeo was up to something. The tone in his voice sounded off like he was hiding a surprise for Asgore and the rest of Delta.

"Are you getting any of this?" Weiss asked.

"Yeah." Bendy replied, nodded. "Why would Asgore want to be some kind of god? He's nothing like that!"

"Anyway, back to our current topic." Romeo dusted the sleeve of his coat. "I have been feeling uncertain lately."

"Uncertain?" Asgore repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Uncertain about the future. We all know that Delta's purpose is to make sure that everyone in the world is free from harm."

"Yes." The goat man nodded.

"What about discrimination?"

"Humans are learning more of our culture nowadays. I must say, they are even beginning to be aware of the fact that Strange Ones do not tolerate with the discrimination of others. What is your point, Romeo?"

"My point, Mr. Dreemurr, is that I recently had the most terrifying vision." Romeo sadly shook his head.

Asgore's eyes widen. Meanwhile, Bendy and Weiss looked at each other, then turned their ears back to the door.

"What was this vision of yours about, exactly?" Asgore asked.

"I have seen an image of a world without people like you." Romeo sighed. "Chaos, destruction, fear and pain inflicted on so much innocent people. That is a world without Delta, because without you or any of your colleagues from Delta, then where has the hope gone?"

Weiss squinted her eyes and slightly tilted her head for a better chance of hearing the conversation. She was becoming more suspicious. What is he even talking about? She wondered.

"Well, Romeo," Asgore stood up from the table. "I'm sorry you had to see such an image like that. It must have been a horrible experience."

"It was." Romeo sadly nodded.

"But, please do not fret." He put a grin on his face. "As long as Delta is around, this world will be under our watch."

"Do you absolutely mean that?"

"Definitely. As a hero from Delta, our duty is to make sure that everyone is protected by the dangers of nefarious people."

Romeo chuckled. "You are quite the optimist, Mr. Dreemurr. I should appreciate meeting someone like you. Anyway, it seems our conversation has come to a close. Thank you for your time."

"It's my pleasure." Asgore nodded.

Hearing footsteps approaching the door, Weiss pulled her ear from the gray plank of wood before grabbing Bendy by the collar of his shirt and pulling him away. Standing in the hallway, she summoned a black glyph below her and the short teen. Seeing the glyph below him, Bendy opened his mouth to let out a shriek before Weiss covered his mouth with her right hand. They both heard the door open to see Romeo walk out from the room he was in with Asgore. Raising an eyebrow, he turned his head to the left. The blood red eyes of Bendy widen as he let out a quiet gasp.

"Romeo," Asgore's voice was heard from the room. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Uh, yes, Mr. Dreemurr." Romeo nodded before he continued walking. "I am."

Both Weiss and Bendy watched as the red-haired man walked farther down the hallway. That was when the ebony-haired Monster realized that the black glyph summoned by Weiss has made them invisible. After the glyph was gone, the snow-haired girl stood up and grabbed Bendy's arm, away from the door. They both marched from one hallway of Strange Coliseum to another until they stopped at a nearby cafe, where humans and Strange Ones were cheering for the winning team of the sixth round that was being displayed on the TV.

"Canada won against Rio." Bendy said before he looked down at the table with both his hands massaging his temples.

"And what does that have to do with what we were just listening to minutes ago?" Weiss looked at him as she took a sip of her water.

He gave her a stoic expression. "Right. That conversation with the boss and that dude. Whatever his name was."

"His name was Romeo." She put her cup down.

"Potato, potahto." Bendy layed his head on the table. "Something's not right, Weiss. He's gotta be up to something, I just know it! You heard what he said. Asgore wanting to be a god, an "uncertain" future? This doesn't make any sense."

Weiss fell silent. "It's about time you said my name for once. What's with you with giving people nicknames or calling them by their surnames?"

"I do that to a lot of people that I'm getting to know." He looked up at her. "That includes you too."

"And what about the kids?" She raised an eyebrow and put on a grin.

"Those guys are an exception."

Weiss let out a chuckle before she stood up from her seat and began to walk away from Bendy and the table.

"And where are you going?" Bendy raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just going to get Lloyd." Weiss said. "He has to hear about this as well."

"Yeah, you go do that, princess." He placed his forehead on the table before he began to sing a muffled song.

Everything will be a-okay

It will be fine at the end of the day

Don't be scared, listen to what I have to say

It will be okay

Yeah, it will be okay...

"Nice song you have there." An unfamiliar voice behind Bendy made him flinch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 75 15
!THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE UPDATED!FOR FULL STORY, CHECK OUT JAKEI ON YOUTUBE AND PATREON! The story takes place in a post-Pacifist timeline in the origi...
2.8K 63 52
Alex and her friends are going to Strange Island, home of the Strange Ones, to spend their summer for a vacation, and they hope that they will have a...
1.1K 7 49
A month has passed since humans and Strange Ones were brought together, and ever since, the world has been peaceful. But things take a questionably e...
1.4K 73 19
"Talent. What is talent in the end? Can talent be used to change lives, or is it just used from people as an excuse to make humans mindless zombies...